Just when you think you’ve figured out Disney World, they change something!
For example, Genie+ has gone through many changes, EPCOT festival booths are opening late and crossing into other festivals, and wait time trends are fluctuating every day depending on crowd levels. Luckily, we keep track of the average wait times in Disney World and that’s what we’re here to talk about today!
A common misconception is that Disney’s Hollywood Studios is home to the longest wait time in all of Disney World. While there are many popular attractions that post long lines all day every day, the singular ride that usually has the highest average wait time is in another park — Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
Flight of Passage based on the movie Avatar is an immersive 3D ride, and you will often find the longest lines here. We also find it to be one of the most stressful rides to rope drop!
Take a look to see how it compares to the other average wait times at Disney World attractions below.
Although wait times were trending down for the past few weeks, that path has ended. Wait times increased at almost every attraction this week! Seven Dwarfs Mine Train had the longest average wait time as usual with a 60-minute average.
Here are the average weekly wait times for each ride below, from shortest to longest wait time:
- Country Bear Jamboree: 0 minutes
- Tom Sawyer Island: 0 minute
- Hall of Presidents: 2 minutes
- Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse: 3 minutes
- Liberty Square Riverboat: 5 minutes
- Carousel of Progress: 5 minutes
- Enchanted Tiki Room: 6 minutes
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel: 7 minutes
- Mad Tea Party: 9 minutes
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant: 10 minutes
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin: 10 minutes
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover: 11 minutes
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid: 12 minutes
- Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini: 12 minutes
- it’s a small world: 14 minutes
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic: 14 minutes
- Tomorrowland Speedway: 15 minutes
- Astro Orbiter: 19 minutes
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 22 minutes
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 24 minutes
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 25 minutes
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 25 minutes
- Enchanted Tales with Belle: 26 minutes
- Space Mountain: 36 minutes
- Haunted Mansion: 37 minutes
- Jungle Cruise: 37 minutes
- Peter Pan’s Flight: 54 minutes
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 60 minutes
Although Rise of the Resistance used to post multi-hour-long wait times nearly every day, that is no longer the case. The biggest change we’ve noticed over the past few months is that Slinky Dog Dash’s wait time is the highest in the park, and this week the average has increased.
Read the list below to see the rest of the Hollywood Studios ride wait times averages, from low to high:
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue: 9 minutes
- Muppet Vision 3D: 10 minutes
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy: 14 minutes
- Walt Disney Presents: 18 minutes
- Alien Swirling Saucers: 23 minutes
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run: 42 minutes
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: 40 minutes
- Toy Story Mania: 48 minutes
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway: 48 minutes
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith: 49 minutes
- Rise of the Resistance: 64 minutes
- Slinky Dog Dash: 71 minutes
Wait times haven’t changed much in EPCOT since last week. Most attractions will have a short wait time like Living with the Land, Gran Fiesta Tour, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, and more. We do want to warn you about Soarin’ though — Soarin’ Over California is officially back at EPCOT and the wait times have skyrocketed for that attraction!
See the average EPCOT attraction wait times from the week below:
- Awesome Planet: 0 minutes
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along: 0 minutes
- Pixar Short Film Festival: 0 minutes
- Impressions de France: 0 minutes
- Reflections of China: 0 minutes
- Living with the Land: 10 minutes
- Gran Fiesta Tour: 10 minutes
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends: 11 minutes
- Spaceship Earth: 12 minutes
- Journey into Imagination: 14 minutes
- Mission: SPACE: 15 minutes
- Turtle Talk with Crush: 15 minutes
- Soarin’: 32 minutes
- Test Track: 50 minutes
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure: 56 minutes
- Frozen Ever After: 63 minutes
As we mentioned above, Flight of Passage has the highest average wait time in all of Disney World again this week. It increased from a 74-minute average to a 77-minute average. Most of the other attraction wait times are pretty tame in comparison with the exception of the other Pandora ride, Na’vi River Journey.
The average wait times for the rest of Animal Kingdom’s attractions are listed below:
- The Boneyard: 0 minutes
- TriceraTop Spin: 6 minutes
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug: 10 minutes
- Dinosaur: 17 minutes
- Expedition Everest: 19 minutes
- Kali River Rapids: 21 minutes
- Kilimanjaro Safaris: 24 minutes
- Na’vi River Journey: 61 minutes
- Avatar Flight of Passage: 77 minutes
And that’s it for wait time updates at Disney World for now! Stay tuned to AllEars for more updates, and in the meantime, check out our video where Fry Bucket tackles 23 attractions in only 5 hours at Magic Kingdom.
Need a vacation from planning your vacation?
Feeling overwhelmed planning your dream Disney vacation? Our friends at MouseFanTravel.com have got you covered! They’ll wait on hold for HOURS to get discounts you haven't even read about yet. Plus, they'll help you create an itinerary that's absolutely perfect for you, because they're agents are Disney pros and know ALL the inside tips. I mean they are friends with us after-all.
The best part? They take all the stress off your shoulders, so you can kick back and truly enjoy your vacation. Their services are 100% free, so what are you waiting for? Get a quote from their amazing team today!