Service Animals at Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World allows trained service animals into the theme parks as accommodation for guests with disabilities, including (but not limited to) visual or auditory impairment, epilepsy, limited mobility, autism, and medical response. For more information, For more information, please contact Disability Services at (407) 560-2547 or email [email protected].
Restrictions on Service Animals
A service animal is defined as a dog or miniature horse trained to assist an individual with a disability. No other animals (including cats, birds, or reptiles) are allowed inside the park. Animals designated solely as “emotional support” animals are not allowed. The service animal must be leashed or harnessed at all times and must remain in the control of the owner. Cast Members are unable to take control of service animals and may ask you to leave if your service animal is misbehaving.
Service Animals are not permitted in water (including water features and fountains) and are not allowed to be within four feet of water on wet decks.
Restricted Locations for Service Animals
For the safety of your service animal, other guests, and any animals on display as part of an exhibit, service animals are not allowed in the following attractions.
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Peter Pan‘s Flight
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Mission: SPACE
- Test Track
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Affection Section at Rafiki’s Planet Watch
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Expedition Everest
- Kali River Rapids
- Maharajah Jungle Trek: Aviary Area
- Primeval Whirl.
Areas Where Service Animals Are Permitted With Caution
Guests with service animals must check in with a host at the following attractions.
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
- Spaceship Earth
- Toy Story Mania!
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
Service Animals and Transportation
Service Animals are allowed on all forms of Disney transportation, including the Monorail, Skyliner, Friendship Boats, Ferryboats, and Buses.
Service Animal Relief Areas
Service animals are allowed to use any open outdoor area for relief, provided the owner picks up after the animal and leaves the area clean. However, there are designated areas in each theme park your service animal may use for relief.
- Adventureland: Adjacent to Pirates of the Caribbean
- Frontierland: Near Big Thunder Mountain
- Fantasyland: Near the Walt Disney World Railroad
- Tomorrowland: By Space Mountain Restrooms
- World Celebration: Next to the restrooms behind MouseGear
- World Celebration: Next to the Imagination! Restrooms
- United Kingdom: Right of restrooms.
- The space between the Outpost and Germany Pavillion.
- In the courtyard of First Aid.
- Near Tatooine Traders
- Toy Story Land: Main Entrance
- Toy Story Land: Near Alien Swirling Saucers and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Discovery Island: Near First Aid
- DinoLand U.S.A.: Next to Restaurantosaurus Restroom planter.
- Asia: Right of the planter at Maharajah Jungle Trek restrooms.
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch: Right of planter near Conservation Station entrance.
- Pandora: Near Satu’li Canteen
Emotional Support and Therapy Animals
Emotional Support and Therapy Animals are not allowed at the Disney Theme Parks. However, they are allowed (leashed) at pet-friendly Disney resorts for the standard fee. Guests may also utilize on-site services like Best Friends Pet Care to board their emotional support and therapy animals during their stay.