Reviews of Tony's Town Square Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Tony's Town Square Dining Location

Cuisines: Italian, American
Read more about Tony's Town Square including links to the menus here: http://allears.net/dining/location/tonys-town-square-restaurant

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Main Street USA - Magic Kingdom

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/25/2019

We have been to Tony's many times. Sometimes it's good, a few times it was awful. Tried it again on Sunday, November 24th and it was outstanding. We had the fried mozzarella as an ap it while a small portion, it was crispy on the outside, melted on the inside. I had the seasonal soup, which was tomato basil bisque. Easily the best I have ever had. My DH had the shrimp fettuccine and really enjoyed it. Not as good as what they use to have at The Brown Derby, but it was still good and a huge portion, we could not finish it. The only con was the food was slow to come out which cut into our MK time but we will definitely go back.

Pros:

Food was delicious

Cons:

Food was slow to come out

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/20/2019

The last two times I had dinner at Tony’s, I was very pleased! Food and service were excellent! Both times I was with a fairly large group and they did a great job of taking care of everyone and all enjoyed the experience.

Pros:

Location and getting a package with preferred viewing for the Festival of Fantasy Parade.

Cons:

None.

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had lunch here on our recent trip. I've been here a number of times, and while it's not amazing, I've never quite understood the bad rap this place gets. Food is always solid, and service has always been good as well. Same on this trip. Food is better at Skipper Canteen, I'll admit, but there is less on that menu that appeals than there is at Tony's. I don't go here every trip, but I'll return again for sure.

Pros:

Food, service

Cons:

None, really

Reviewed by Becky B Review Date: 08/08/2019

I'll start by saying this is a family favorite. This time, the food was atrocious and the service was terrible. Party of 9 with a reservation made 6 months ago. We sat and watched more than 10 tables come in without a reservation and be sat in less than 5 minutes. After 30 minutes I complained. I was told we were too large to seat easily. I would have thought that with a reservation, they would have either planned for us or told us they couldn't accommodate us. They finally said they'd seat us if we agreed to be split into two tables (not near each other but at least in the same dining room). Fine, so we did that. But why did no one ever say it was a problem until we waited for half an hour? My table ordered spaghetti and meatballs. Our other table ordered spaghetti and meatballs. Our food came out at least 20 minutes before the other table. We had drinks and appetizers and our other table was still waiting for drinks. Spaghetti comes to our table and right away, we realize its not right. Gummy, sticky and weirdly chewy at the same time. We pick at it and decide not to say anything (given we'd already battled enough). Other table gets theirs and sends it back to the kitchen because they got the same weird gummy bowls of pasta we got. We should have sent ours back because the replacement bowls were 100% better. We're not sure but we think they served us gluten free pasta that had been sitting for at least 2 hours. At least, that is what it tasted like. There was more issue than just pasta cooked incorrectly and it sat in our stomachs like a ball of bubble gum for hours. I am very sad to say this...but I am not sure we'll go back. I have always defended Tony's when it gets typically very bad reviews but maybe everyone else is right and we've been getting lucky. Not this time.

Pros:

meatballs were ok

Cons:

terrible pasta, unorganized service and long wait to be sat

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/26/2019

This may be the worst restaurant on property. I ordered the chicken parm and ate about half the dish. I could buy better sauce at Walmart. Such a waste of a great location.

Pros:

Location

Cons:

Everything else

great place

Pros:

view

Cons:

non

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/26/2019

Wonderful food have eaten here every year since they have served food two trips ..winter and summer.The service is just "Down Home" A great family place...

Pros:

Top Notch..Fun..Good Food..one of those first Disney Places to start your Experiences..

Reviewed by debg33 Review Date: 06/08/2019

It had been many years since we dined here. We were a party of 7 and it felt as if we were squeezed in to a table for 4. We felt rushed from the moment we were seated. We hadn't even had time to look at the menus and our server wanted our entire order. He was pleasant but not very attentive. Food was average but overpriced.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Service

Reviewed by Pgroyal Review Date: 04/18/2019

Food not good, long wait for service

Pros:

none off hand

Cons:

Not good at all

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/08/2019

October reviews still valid, not sure if management wants to Improve? Need overhaul of kitchen staff.

Pros:

Food tasted ok, it was never fine dining but was good meal

Cons:

Pasta definitely either over cooked or sits too long, meal was ok at best. Server was nice but not engaging at all. Wanted some sauce to take home with leftovers got dear in headlights look. Gave feedback nicely to manager. We didn’t want anything back but 4 out of 10 is best I can give. Disappointing since it’s not expected to be fine dining so expectations are lower anyway.