Most Recent Reviews

Review of Walt Disney World Dolphin (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/20/2019

Dolphin

Pros:

This is a very well appointed hotel very clean love New design so very close to Epcot. Cheaper than Boardwalk or Yacht/beach yet same amnenities.

Cons:

It takes forever to get your room. Don't count on 3:00 check in meaning your room is ready at 3:00.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/16/2019

It was awful. There were four parties during my October 6 trip. I had planned on the Sunday and Thursday parties- but upgraded to the pass when it became available. The Sunday night was awful- crowded, grumpy people, long lines for food, the trick or treating was a joke. Tuesday was worse. Thursday was worse than that. Friday- I didn't bother even going (and I was staying at the Contemporary). It used to be my favorite event- and I scheduled my trips to coincide with it. Unless something happens to reduce ticket prices- I won't be attending again.

Pros:

Cons:

Long lines for everything. A Saturday afternoon on a holiday weekend is more pleasant than any Halloween party

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/16/2019

Would be a great event except for the horrendous crowd levels. Our party was not sold out and the crowds rivaled a holiday weekend. Never again!

Pros:

Parade Fireworks Chance to meet rare characters

Cons:

Crowd levels insane

Reviewed by EliseD Review Date: 10/16/2019

Not worth it!We arrived for the Halloween party at the MK parking lot and as resort guests, parked for free. IF I paid $25 I would have been even more upset.

We got to the front of the lot only to find out we had to take a tram. It was extremely hot out and the we were in line for the monorail for FORTY FIVE minutes! Sitting out in the sun literally roasting. WHY? Well, when we got to the front of the line, the employee was not filling the cars. He was just sending people down and having them figure it out (?) and the cars were going out half full! He should have been standing by each car and flagging more people in. This was absurd and started our afternoon wrong as we in turn missed our first fast pass.

We had hoppers but also bought a Halloween ticket ($110 per person) for that evening for the park and were told the Halloween party was a smaller event. WRONG. It was PACKED. Line times were actually worse here than during the day!! We paid $220 to walk into this event and ended up leaving as the lines were insane!!

Then we go to leave and (again) the monorail line was a mile long to get back to our car so we flagged down a staff member and asked if we could Uber or anything and he said to try to wait for the ferry.

We go to the ferry area and waited for HALF AN HOUR for a ferry to pick us up. Much to my shock, when we got there, this ferry had NO SEATS! People had children sleeping with their faces on the concrete!! If Disney is going to offer transportation, it should uh, have chairs?! AND be more timely during peak times! By the time the boat was loaded and left it had been FIFTY minutes since we exited the park! A 15 minute ride there and then a full tram left us walking to our car for a grand total of an HOUR AND TWENTY FIVE MINUTES from leaving your park to our car. This should never, never happen.

Especially not for what we paid for this experience.

Pros:

Parade

Cons:

Everything else.

Review of Be Our Guest Dinner

Reviewed by EliseD Review Date: 10/16/2019

We have been wanting to try this for some time so we had a reservation for 7:50 PM for dinner. First, the staff was very nice. That is where the good really ends.

The rest rooms were rather dirty (papertowels overflowing out of the trash, etc) and they put us in the side room - NOT the main room. I did not know when you book this that they can either put you in a room to the left (which is really dark BTW) or a room on the right.

Our room did not have the WOW factor that the main dining room had and it was about 1/4 of the way full - this was suprising since it is "booked solid" all the time but there was tons of empty tables.

It is a price fix menu of $62 per person plus tip so that is expensive. For $62 I expect the food to be AWESOME. It was really awful. I have had better food in my college dining days!

First, the bread that they bring out was hard and felt stale. The server forgot the butter (not a big deal but still) The ap I got was the tuna which was not good and it was just three tiny portions.

The dinner I had was the steak which tasted like something I would get from my local grocery store. Honestly, the steak I cook at home is better than this. I would never plate this for a guest at my house, let alone at the prices they charge.

The desert was the only edible portion of dinner and it was three small almost candy like desserts.

Walking out of there $150 lighter for two people for a mediocre dining experience did not make my evening.

After spending hundreds of dollars to walk into a Disney park, the least they can do is make an edible dinner. I would not return here.

Pros:

Nice main dining room

Cons:

They sat us in another side room and the food was bad.

Review of Test Track

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/16/2019

My very favorite ride in WDW. I have rescheduled/postponed trips in the past when the ride was undergoing refurbmishment.

Pros:

Anything and everything. Fast, fun, entertaining.

Cons:

Doesn't run when raining, messes up a good hair day.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/15/2019

Have been attending this party for over 10 years without ever missing a year. This time attended the Oct 4 party. The crowds were terrible. The long lines for candy were a headache to say the least and especially since after such a long wait you would get very litttle candy at each stop. You had to stop trick or treating to try to find a place on Main St to watch the fireworks and parade for at least an hour ahead of time, just as you do on regular nights. The whole purpose of this ticketed event is to provide some relieve from fighting crowds. However, not this year, I think it's bad enough to be an annual pass holder, yet have to pay such a high ticket price for this event, only to be disappointed in the quality of the event. Disney needs to rethink some of its planning in several areas in so far as the way they are planning these experiences for their guests. It has become a hassle instead of a pleasure to attend. I have been visiting Disney for over 30 years sometimes 8 times a year from out of state and I'm beginning to think that I might have to rethink renewing my annual pass much less paying for these extra events. It's beginning to become too much of a money hungry place instead of what dear old Walt had in mind originally, so sad!!!

Pros:

Characters fireworks music

Cons:

Long wait times movement around park due to overcrowding expensive due to increase of tickets decrease in amount of candy given

Review of ABC Commissary

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/14/2019

The Pot Roast was the BEST pot roast I’ve ever eaten! Delicious brown grave as well, ,and the crispy onion straws were a perfect enhancement. Well worth the price!

Pros:

Quick service, less expensive

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/14/2019

This was our first time attending and while it was great to see the costumes, the crowds were horrendous. We expected lower crowd levels and wait times based on this being a separate ticketed event which was definitely not the case. It was more crowded after the 7 p.m. start time then during regular park hours.

Pros:

Costumes and Candy

Cons:

Ridiculously crowded. Long wait times.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/13/2019

Miserable experience for our first Halloween party! Crowds were unbelievable -- wall to wall people. Daughter wanted to see Jasmine. Waited in line for over an hour and watched only 10 (or fewer) children meet Jasmine during her only 30-minute appearance. With lines so long, characters should meet children, take ONE picture per group and move on. Attempted no rides or other characters. Got 2 handfuls of candy after waiting in LONG lines. Sat an hour before parade to save spot. Left after parade. Waste of $300. Disappointed kiddo!

Pros:

Parade was good but had to stake out a spot an hour before the parade.

Cons:

Everything!
1 2 3 1,122