Reviews of The Edison

Other Menus at The Edison

The Edison

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by rahbekah Review Date: 08/08/2021

This is a tricky one to review. The decor and theming of this restaurant is incredible--we really enjoyed looking around at the steampunk decor. We arrived on time for our reservation and waited about 15 minutes before being seated. They had live entertainment--a piano and singer who took requests and played some great music (although it was very loud). Our server was very friendly and gave good recommendations, but the food was a little disappointing. All of us got cocktails, which were delicious but very, very small for the price ($16 for a tiny French 75?). The food was fine but very greasy and nothing too exciting--I got a burger, which was a decent portion and tasted fine but nothing to write home about. It was super greasy. Someone at our table got the fish and chips, which were also very greasy. The menu isn't very expansive and you can get most of these items at other restaurants in the area. I wouldn't choose to eat here again, although nothing we ate was bad and we didn't have bad service. It's just not worth the cost.

Pros:

Good service, flavorful cocktails, great theming and decor

Cons:

Greasy, unexciting, and expensive food; tiny cocktails

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/08/2021

Really solid food. Cool atmosphere. Great Manhattan. We were on the dining plan and so we got dessert, which we all agreed was nothing great. Salmon was a great entree and the burgers were good.

Pros:

Really solid dinner, cool atmosphere, great location

Cons:

Nothing super unique foodwise, below-average dessert

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/30/2020

The server was very nice and loved the decor, Food was very nice and so were the drinks. Big fan and well worth 2 dining credits each!!

Pros:

Wonderful service and atmosphere, Decoration was amazing. Big fan of the food.

Cons:

Bit dark, maybe a bit expensive without dining plan.

Reviewed by Simma Review Date: 03/15/2020

Loved the theming of this restaurant! It’s steam punk themed! I would recommend it for couples. This restaurant does turn into a cabaret in select nights and does have a dress code and age restrictions on those nights.

Pros:

Theming, awesome drinks

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/12/2020

This restaurant is very disorganized. I booked my reservations 6 months in advance and they called me 10 days before my trip and told me that they were canceling my reservation due to a private party. I then changed my reservation to a different day and they called me again the next week to tell me about the original reservation cancelation again. On the day of my reservation when I checked in they told me they were running behind due to another private party. When I finally was seated, it was super crowded and my waitress was not even visible most of the time. The food finally showed up and was not that great. It was basic stuff I could get most places. Nothing I would choose to return to this restaurant for.

Pros:

Environment

Cons:

Food, service, and general organization of the restaurant

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2019

We have eaten at The Edison at least three times, and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Their burgers and fries are excellent. I had the fried chicken, which was good, not great, but still a good meal.Love the wide open spaces, have never felt cramped. Service has been excellent.
A few reviewers have tried to compare this to the old Adventures Club. This is nothing like that, and is not intended to be like that. We’ll be back in October, and will most likely go again.
I will mention again, our various servers have been excellent. Meals were hot and served promptly. Have gone there with and without reservations and have never had more than a few minute wait.

Pros:

Great burgers and drinks

Cons:

None in particular

Reviewed by Melanie M Review Date: 04/16/2019

We've eaten there twice at lunch and had a great experience both times. No waiting, everything was clean, waitstaff was pretty good. Our meals were good, maybe a bit overpriced but good. atmosphere is cool and has a steampunk type of vibe..maybe lunch is a bit different but we will be going back again!

Pros:

Atmosphere, no wait time at lunch, good food (organic tomato soup was great)

Cons:

maybe a bit overpriced

Reviewed by MFS Review Date: 04/14/2019

My husband and I tried this place for lunch. We arrived right when they opened and were able to be seated without a reservation. The decor was very cool, and the space was very wide open. They were able to make me salad, and my husband enjoyed the turkey club (which has cranberries in the bread, but that was not on the menu). Our meal was entirely satisfactory, although not somewhere we are jumping to try again.

Pros:

Tasty food, cool decor

Cons:

Nothing special

Reviewed by mschu2112 Review Date: 10/09/2018

We ate here at the end of September and were looking forward to trying it as it was something new. I was hoping that some of the old Adventurers Club mystique would be there in the new steam punk vibe. While some of the decor was interesting most seemed to be confused as to what it wanted to be. After checking in 15 minutes early we waited 30 minutes past our reservation while others arriving after us were seated. Then after being seated we had a hostess, that while nice, should not have been a hostess. After placing our app order and meal order she came back to tell us that what I had ordered was no longer available. Instead of bringing a menue at that point I had to wait. Then our app came, but we still did not have water or drinks yet. Finally after finishing the app we got a menu. Alternatives were scarce. Finally after 90 minutes we got our meals. Not much better than a standard chain meal. My wifes chicken came in a plastic basket. The salmon came with a plate full of 1/2 cut tomatoes. It was also greasy. After that it took 45 minutes to get desert. The key lime creme brule was poor. Overall it took 2 hours and 15 minutes from when we sat down. If you count the wait it was 3 hours. We felt forgotten and attention to service was lacking as well as food quality. I am not sure this place knows what it wants to be or what it wants to serve as the menue is all over the place. To boot later that night I got ill with a touch of food poisoning. HUGH disappointment and not worth of a Disney Springs establishment. Will never ever go back here.

Pros:

Cool clock at entrance.

Cons:

Food, service, menu, decor, basically everything!

Reviewed by citcatt1 Review Date: 09/26/2018

Ahhh, the old Adventurers Club! A couple of friends and myself decided to go to the Edison for an early dinner labor day weekend. Even though it was crowded we managed to find a seat although it was at a tall table with uncomfortable seats. The food was OK,the restaurant itself was interesting and had the same bones as the old Adventurers Club. There was no music or entertainment when we were there. It was just ok.

Pros:

Interesting decor

Cons:

Food choices