Reviews of Jaleo by Jose Andres

Cuisines: Mediterranean

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Other/Ethnic

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Other/Ethnic
Spanish-inspired restaurant with a focus on tapas and signature paella

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/08/2020

We ate at Jaleo on February 25th. Our waiter, Freddy, was very attentive and friendly. This place serves small plates. It is not cheap, but the food is delicious and very well presented. We had an interesting thing happen. During our meal, the fire alarm went off. Everyone had to leave the restaurant. While waiting to reenter, all the restaurant staff came outside as well bearing glasses and champagne which they offered to the patrons ( and I presume to prevent them from just walking away and not paying), and they offered to replace partially eaten plates and a free bruschetta platter when we were allowed back in. Jokingly, I suggested to the hostess that we would come back next time we were in Orlando. And that I would pull the fire alarm when we did!

Pros:

Food was delicious. Loved the beet borscht, the scallops. My son loved the paella du jour, and we all loved the cheese platter. My wife loved her sliced beef plate. Service was incredible. Ask for Freddy if you go.

Cons:

Only con really was it is quite expensive, but worth it. Worth it once in a while, just not every day. (Fire Department response is quite slow- good thing it was just a false alarm!!!!).