Reviews of T-Rex

Other Menus at T-Rex

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by TattooedtravelOT Review Date: 06/12/2022

For a family with a 2.5 year old son T-Rex Cafe is awesome, on a date night with just my husband this place would be my worst nightmare. It is very loud, not music loud just lots of people loud. The theming is unreal our son just wanted to walk around the whole time seeing all the dinosaurs (which staff recommended and was fine with). The animatronic dinos are really neat our son was mesmerized. Of course, the food is overpriced, but for a themed restaurant the food quality and portion size was actually far beyond our expectations. My husband and I shared the backyard buffet (large portion of ribs, half a roasted chicken, slaw and fries) and kids portion was plenty as well. We split a meal and actually had leftovers at the end. Our son also really enjoyed the area that he was able to dig up bones. We didn't have a reservation on a Saturday night, the wait was 2.5 hours, but with our Landry's card we only waited 5 minutes! Highly recommend getting one.

Though it's very loud in here sometimes I really appricate a restaurant where a kid can be a kid. It's more stressful for me to worry about my toddler being loud during a quiet meal then me sitting in a very loud kid friendly spot.

Pros:

dinosaurs of course!, backyard buffet was quite good and large portion (sharable), Disney prices, kids can be kids

Cons:

service was a bit slow, it's very loud

Reviewed by TeacherManJoe Review Date: 05/29/2022

Came here with a large 11 person family group on a recent trip, mostly because we had a four year old who is a HUGE dinosaur fan, and we were not disappointed.

Look, like many highly-themed restaurants in Disney World, should you come here expecting mind blowing food? No, please don’t! But will you come here with kiddos and be delighted by their delight in the dinosaur decor (yes, that is pro-level alliteration, thank you)? Yes!

The menu here is exactly what you would expect, lots of American-style fare, with burgers, fries, chicken, etc. And the quality of all of it is solid. There is not really any food here that is bad, and there is not really any that will blow you away.

The atmosphere is why you come here though, and it does not disappoint. Lots of fun Dino animatronics and cool themed rooms. The ice cave room is the coolest in my opinion, but the rest are fun too. Take a walk around the whole restaurant with your little one and let them look at all the animatronics up close and really take in the theming and you won’t be disappointed.

All in all, T-Rex is exactly what you need it to be: A highly-themed restaurant for the kiddos that will provide solid sustenance as well.

Pros:

Great and fun theming that will entertain the chilluns Solid food

Cons:

Not anything mind blowing Probably not a top choice if you don’t have kids with you

Reviewed by GrandmaJen Review Date: 04/30/2022

First impression was awful, had to stand in 3 different lines before getting our table with a reservation and a Landry's card. Check in outside the place, then wait for a text message to get in the indoor line and a third line to wait to be called to our table. The only reason to come here is for the ambiance. The food was awful. I ordered steak medium rare and got shoe leather, way overcooked!! Our server was friendly enough although it was apparent, she was stretched thin as we didn't see her too often. We were seated in the Ice room which changes color but no animals, we had to crane our necks to see any action from the \"meteor shower\"

Pros:

Possibly fun for kids if seated in the right dining area.

Cons:

Not worth the cost.

Reviewed by Lizgistix Review Date: 04/05/2022

Our server was fantastic and very attentive. The food was okay, I'd say on-par with Rainforest. The theme is pretty cool but the show gets old after awhile (again like Rainforest). There's better restaurants here, so pick this if you can't get a table elsewhere or you have a Landry's card.

Pros:

Theme, decor, and service, Landry's members get perks

Cons:

A little pricey, food not the greatest

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/25/2022

I went to Disney World last summer. The food came out all different times. The waiter was nowhere to be seen. I paid for the meal because we were on vacation and we ate the food. Was not happy with the service. After returning from our trip, I called them to complain. They told me there isn't anything they can do because they didn't see our name on the reservation list. I wasn't looking for freebies. I wanted someone who was concerned with the service I received. I would love someone from there to reach out to me to actually figure out the problem.

Pros:

The animations

Cons:

The service/Management/Pricing

Reviewed by ktkueb80 Review Date: 02/28/2022

Ate here on 2/25/22 for dinner. We have a landry's card so no reservation was needed and we were seated right away even though there was an hour wait. DS age 8 had pasta, meatballs, gogurt and oranges and ate everything. DH got meatloaf and loved it. I got the appetizer sampler as my meal and shared it with my husband and son too. SO MUCH FOOD! Favorite thing on the plate was the queso dip and meatballs with garlic bread. The atmosphere here is great for kids but can be noisy depending on where you are sitting. Theming is great.

Pros:

Theming is great, can beat the wait with landry's card

Cons:

little pricy, food just average

Reviewed by DisneyDana Review Date: 06/28/2021

While this was a neat place to look around, the food was subpar to say the least. I actually like Rainforest so I wasn't expecting anything out of this world, but this wasn't as good as your local bar type food joint.

Pros:

Cool to look at and any kid will be happy here

Cons:

Very pricy, low grade food.

Reviewed by LJTombs Review Date: 06/05/2021

I like T-Rex over the Rainforest Cafe for sure. I think the menu is just a little bit better and the food is better overall.

The food isn't anything extra special or unique but its a great place to take the kids.

Pros:

Great for Kids, Good Quality Food

Cons:

Not as unique as other DS restaurants

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/21/2021

I can have better food cheaper at Pop Century or All Star. Too loud. Service is horrible..

Pros:

Dinosaur theming.

Cons:

Everything but dinosaur theming

Reviewed by DisneyNewbie Review Date: 01/06/2021

Our family of 6 (kids aged 7-13) had a great time at T-Rex! We have a Rainforest Cafe in our hometown, so we knew what to expect at T-Rex: the same but with dinosaurs! The dino animatronics are great. A storm comes every so often, which is great fun. We were not seated in the blue room, but after walking through it, I would request that next time. It looked awesome! We had great service, an attentive server who provided recommendations, and we were even seated 30 minutes early when we arrived sooner than we anticipated.

Is it the best food you can find at Disney Springs? I'm sure not. But, we never expected it to be so. The portions were plentiful, the drinks were fun, we didn't have any room for dessert. It's all about the dinosaurs, and T-Rex doesn't disappoint in that category. As long as you are dining here with the right attitude, you will love it. If you are expecting to be wowed by flavorful and inventive food and are then disappointed, it's really on you. If you go for the dinosaurs, you will love it!

Pros:

Dinosaurs!

Cons:

Food is average

YeSake