Reviews of T-Rex

View Menus at T-Rex Dining Location

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: American, Seafood
The newest eatery in Disney Springs!

Lunch/Dinner Menu:
Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu:

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/27/2020

Took forever to be seated with a reservation. The restaurant had good theming and atmosphere. It was very loud. We went back in March of 2019. Lunch took around 3 hours, so it took a lot of time out of our day.

Pros:

Cool theming and atmosphere.

Cons:

Took very long, very loud, okay food.

Reviewed by sreynolds5 Review Date: 12/27/2019

We tried T-Rex during Thanksgiving week. It was very crowded -- I assume this is always true. There was a 15 min. line to stand in just to tell the hostess we were there. Then we were told to stand in another line. Eventually, they called our name. We had arrived 15 min. early & were seated about 15 min. after our reservation time. The meal was good, nothing to write home about. Our server was very friendly, but the service was slow. After waiting 30 min. w/reservation to be seated, I was not thrilled that it took another 90 min. for the meal. Not worth 2 hours of our Disney day. Overall: Service in slow, food is OK, atmosphere is over the top & kind of fun, expensive, probably not going back... until our grandson is old enough to beg to eat in the dinosaur restaurant:) I recommend this restaurant if you have small children who love dinos. Otherwise, there are much better options in DS.

Pros:

Fun atmosphere, friendly wait staff

Cons:

Time consuming, expensive, food just OK

Reviewed by parksutton Review Date: 06/08/2019

Very good food. Seated quickly. I highly recommend purchasing the Landry select card as it allows you to skip the line. Server was friendly.

Pros:

Burgers were huge. Server was good. Manager came by several times. Good experience.

Cons:

Can be loud with so many people in a smallet space. One of us ordered Lasagna and ot was good but tiny and I do mean tiny. My son finished it in 4 bites. Not good value there.

Reviewed by KimH134 Review Date: 04/20/2019

Great fun atmosphere. Kids who love dinosaurs will love it. Decent food.

Pros:

Fun atmosphere.

Cons:

Loud

Reviewed by shell51569 Review Date: 04/19/2019

Family loves this place. Eat here every time we visit. Love the moving life size dinosaurs. Love the gift shop

Pros:

Moving life size dinosaurs. Friendly staff

Cons:

Food is average. Always crowded. Sitting in the "frozen section" was not my favorite

Reviewed by Michelle Review Date: 04/17/2019

Ate here for the first time this past trip. Overall pretty cool, the décor makes it worth at least one try, but the food in my opinion was just bland, maybe just what we tried?..that being said I feel it is overpriced for what you get, but I would recommend for dinosaur lovers if anything for the experience!

Pros:

decor

Cons:

food kinda bland

Reviewed by NotMickeyMouse Review Date: 04/17/2019

It is a good place, good food and good theme, the special drinks served in their special cup tasted amazing and I liked them a lot and all my family too, totally a experience I will do again!

Pros:

Good food

Cons:

To dark sometimes

Reviewed by Schwad1 Review Date: 04/17/2019

Overall we really liked this restaurant. Awesome concept that my kids (mostly) loved, and delicious food.

Pros:

The decor was really fun and kept my kids entertained, and the outdoor dinosaur dig area was adorable. The food was fabulous!

Cons:

The volume was pretty high, and the lights dimming and the dinosaurs making extra noise periodically made my kids a little nervous (even though the had fun).

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

This place is really cool. Have been here for lunch and for breakfast with Santa. It's basic "chain" style food but not bad. You come here for the atmosphere which is really cool. They have different areas of the restaurant and you are encouraged to walk around and look at everything.

Pros:

Really cool atmosphere

Cons:

Can be a little much for very little kids or kids who are very easily frightened

Reviewed by Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

This is a very fun restaurant - I just love the decor - but the food leaves a bit of room for improvement. I ordered the Jamaican Rundown off of the special Caribbean Creations menu. What showed up at my table looked nothing like the picture in the menu. I had told my waitress that I did not care for andouille sausage (one of three main proteins in the dish) and she assured me that there would be lots of shrimp. Someone in the back did not get the memo as I had mostly chicken and andouille sausage and very little shrimp. Needless to say, it was very disappointing.

If you are looking for a cool/fun place to have lunch and don't mind ordering a basic burger or chicken then this is the place for you. If you are looking for an upscale, delicious meal I would try somewhere else.

Pros:

Fun atmosphere. Usually I can get a table mid-afternoon with no reservation.

Cons:

Food is not the best at Disney.