Reviews of BOATHOUSE

Other Menus at The BOATHOUSE

The BOATHOUSE

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/24/2021

Without question our favorite place to dine in DW . Great atmosphere and great food .Excellent service too . Ask for Marcus . He is the MAN ! Tip him well , he deserves it for being the best waiter I've ever encountered . Going next month and can't wait to go there. Food highlights over the years : Fillet , Burger , raw bar , dinner rolls rule , Lobster pasta dish was top ten meal all time . Expensive , but so what . At least the food matches up to the price and your on vacation anyway . Live it up !

Pros:

Love the place . Has the feel of a Jersey Shore high end joint right on the water . Have enjoyed everything over the years .

Cons:

NO cons at all .........

Reviewed by LaurenK Review Date: 06/24/2021

Loved the atmosphere here. We were given a choice to sit inside or outside, since it was hot (lunch in June 2021), we sat inside. I had the filet sliders with fries and they were fantastic. There was not a single thing left on my plate. Even the rolls were delicious, they were covered in honey and butter. I can’t wait to come back.

Pros:

Great food, great atmosphere, attentive service

Cons:

We sat in the very back room which was nice, but a different type of atmosphere from what you see when you walk in. The back feels more formal and main part where the oyster bar felt more fun so felt like we were missing out on something

Reviewed by lauren94 Review Date: 06/13/2021

Absolutely LOVED this restaurant! The atmosphere is amazing and the food was phenomenal. They have live music which was an awesome perk. I would eat here over and over again!

Pros:

Great food & drinks, great atmosphere, great entertainment

Reviewed by Pookie99 Review Date: 05/18/2021

The food is amazing and the atmosphere is unique. You can sit outside near the water, inside a boat booth or in the main dining area. We ordered the Filet Mignon Sliders which were excellent. Just the right amount of flavor, plenty of food and a great value.

Pros:

Food quality, atmosphere and overall options.

Cons:

nothing

Reviewed by Stitchgrrl79 Review Date: 02/16/2021

We went in with not knowing much about the menu or reviews. We were not disappointed! I can't recommend this restaurant enough. Seeing as my boyfriend isn't much of a seafood eater, he really enjoyed the clam strips and his steak was a perfect cut. Side dishes weren't much to write home about but the seafood is out of this world. Menu is on the pricey side but oh so worth it. Duck Duck Razz drink is also recommended and yes I mostly got it for the rubber ducky. To top off the entire meal, you can bring your receipt to the Amphicar ride next to the restaurant and get a discount.

Pros:

Nice atmosphere, delicious seafood and great service.

Cons:

Pricey menu

Reviewed by Marktini Review Date: 02/10/2021

We visited February of 2020 based on all the rave reviews we've heard and were largely disappointed. The food we got was...OK. The grouper was fresh and well-cooked, but over-seasoned with forgettable accompaniment. The burger everyone raves about didn't seem like anything special (we'd take D-luxe any day). Our favorite bites of the night were sides: lobster mac and asparagus. The food for the price was not great, but the biggest issue we had was the environment. The restaurant was extremely loud with tables on top of each other. (This was pre-COVID so this may be better now). Our group of five could not attempt a conversation with all the noise of other parties and ambient restaurant clatter. If we were to return, I would request an outdoor table on a nice day.

Pros:

Huge menu with lots of options for all palates, attentive service

Cons:

(pre-COVID) extremely noisy and crowded inside, food was not as refined as expected for the price

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/04/2021

We went to The Boathouse for our "fancy family dinner night" during our trip and it did not disappoint! Our server, Kim G, gave us spectacular service and made us feel special. Not only was she accommodating of our requests, she made suggestions or added little extras to make our evening magical. The Ribeye and the Seafood Pasta were so so delicious and we added the roasted garlic to both- great choices. The specialty cocktail and special Boathouse beer that Kim suggested were perfect. My son was over the moon happy because his kids meal came in one of their boat-cars and had ducky in his drink.
This is the one time I can say that the high cost was totally worth it. It really was the food highlight of our trip! We WILL be going back during our next trip.

Pros:

Amazing service, great atmosphere, delicious food!

Cons:

Busy and expensive, but totally worth it

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/28/2020

We’ve eaten here many times and always pleased with the service and food quality. Wide range of menu choices to accommodate different budgets and appetites. Our servers have always been knowledgeable, personable and attentive. Great steaks, appetizers, filet sliders, french fries are the best I’ve ever had! Can’t beat sitting on the deck for lunch or dinner.

Pros:

Service, quality of food, location

Cons:

Can get noisy

Reviewed by Mkov824 Review Date: 12/21/2020

I had the coconut shrimp and fries. The other guests dining with me had the fried clams and filet sliders. We also had a rubber duck themed drink that was a great kick off to our trip. WE did not have a reservation and lucked out that there was an open table when I asked at the desk. It just goes to show you that you need to ask and not just think that there is no hope!

Pros:

THE VIEW! We had a deck seat and were able to watch the boats at night. Plentiful amount of food. The drinks were strong but a good strong 🙂

Cons:

Fills up fast. Price can be steep.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/19/2020

Left Hungry and $90 less in my pocket.

Pros:

Location and nice server

Cons:

Everything else. Food portions were TINY. Lobster was so tough I could not chew. My husband’s shrimp and Mac dish had about 3 tiny shrimp and a few specks of sausage in it. We both left very hungry and sad that we had kept our reservations there.