Reviews of BOATHOUSE

Other Menus at The BOATHOUSE

The BOATHOUSE

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/04/2021

We went to The Boathouse for our "fancy family dinner night" during our trip and it did not disappoint! Our server, Kim G, gave us spectacular service and made us feel special. Not only was she accommodating of our requests, she made suggestions or added little extras to make our evening magical. The Ribeye and the Seafood Pasta were so so delicious and we added the roasted garlic to both- great choices. The specialty cocktail and special Boathouse beer that Kim suggested were perfect. My son was over the moon happy because his kids meal came in one of their boat-cars and had ducky in his drink.
This is the one time I can say that the high cost was totally worth it. It really was the food highlight of our trip! We WILL be going back during our next trip.

Pros:

Amazing service, great atmosphere, delicious food!

Cons:

Busy and expensive, but totally worth it

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/28/2020

We’ve eaten here many times and always pleased with the service and food quality. Wide range of menu choices to accommodate different budgets and appetites. Our servers have always been knowledgeable, personable and attentive. Great steaks, appetizers, filet sliders, french fries are the best I’ve ever had! Can’t beat sitting on the deck for lunch or dinner.

Pros:

Service, quality of food, location

Cons:

Can get noisy

Reviewed by Mkov824 Review Date: 12/21/2020

I had the coconut shrimp and fries. The other guests dining with me had the fried clams and filet sliders. We also had a rubber duck themed drink that was a great kick off to our trip. WE did not have a reservation and lucked out that there was an open table when I asked at the desk. It just goes to show you that you need to ask and not just think that there is no hope!

Pros:

THE VIEW! We had a deck seat and were able to watch the boats at night. Plentiful amount of food. The drinks were strong but a good strong 🙂

Cons:

Fills up fast. Price can be steep.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/19/2020

Left Hungry and $90 less in my pocket.

Pros:

Location and nice server

Cons:

Everything else. Food portions were TINY. Lobster was so tough I could not chew. My husband’s shrimp and Mac dish had about 3 tiny shrimp and a few specks of sausage in it. We both left very hungry and sad that we had kept our reservations there.

Reviewed by Jade Review Date: 11/12/2020

This was one of my favorite meals during our Disney trip. Located at Disney Springs the Boathouse is boat themed - if you have a larger group you can even eat inside a boat inside the restaurant. The interior is clean and you receive iced water and rolls with butter as soon as you sit down. Service is efficient and quick. My boyfriend tried the Gibson's Sandwich King burger and I had the fried cod. Both were very good! The fish was very fresh and I liked the Panko crust. The burger was nice and spicy and after the first bite you know why it's an award winning burger. Even better they let us take our drinks to-go. If you are looking for a great meal don't miss the Boathouse!

Pros:

Beautiful restaurant, yummy food, good service

Cons:

Can be expensive

Reviewed by MelMel82 Review Date: 11/10/2020

If you are looking for the best Burger look no further than Boathouse. The steaks are amazing too! Or just come for the homemade yeast rolls. Tip: order the filet sliders on the yeast rolls.

Pros:

Amazing Hamburger - best one on Disney Property Great Steaks

Cons:

Can sometimes be hard to get a reservation for dinner

Reviewed by Tolkoto Review Date: 06/04/2020

I feel almost guilty for just liking Boathouse and not loving it, since it seems to be a new favorite for so many. I may need to give it another chance. The decor is beautiful. I just wasn't in love with the food. Restaurant also seemed a bit loud and busy.

Pros:

Great decor.

Cons:

Loud and busy.

Reviewed by JillC Review Date: 06/01/2020

We had an interesting experience! A horrible thunderstorm threatened our experience but a fantastic server and really helpful manager helped it be a minor inconvenience. The food was delicious and service was wonderful.

Pros:

great food, awesome service

Cons:

If you sit outside, weather can be an issue

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/14/2019

Don’t Bother
We were excited to eat here, and decided to blow the 2 Disney Dining Plan credits each for a signature dining experience. The atmosphere is boaty casual - I mean, there are boats everywhere. Suspended from the ceiling, full-sized next to tables, etc. In case you weren’t sure from the name, the owner likes boats. Anyway, the restaurant was a bit noisy, but that’s nothing abnormal in a Disney restaurant. Server was friendly, and I don’t have complaints there. I asked about the possibility of switching out a dessert for an appetizer or salad, and I was told it can only be done if I have a physical disease, like a gluten allergy or diabetes. Really? I’m not allowed to simply want something other than dessert? Ok, fine. So I decided on the Filet Mignon, but the menu doesn’t indicate if it comes with anything other than the meat. I asked about the sides; server said it comes with roasted potatoes. I asked about switching them for the baked potato and was told no, it can’t be done. Excuse me? If I am paying $50 for an entree, I ought to be able to pick a different side! I wasn’t asking for shrimp or lobster, for heavens sake. And there was nothing roasted about those potatoes - I got 5 little potatoes, like new potatoes, and they were neither crispy nor flavorful. The filet was good, but not ‘wow’, and parts of the outside were very charred. So for my money, I can do better at Longhorn, where, for less than half the price, I get fantastic steak, a salad - and I get to pick my own side.

Pros:

Nice atmosphere if you like boats

Cons:

Prices, lack of flexibility

Reviewed by Bamabelle712 Review Date: 06/18/2019

My daughter and I ate here for lunch and it was one of our best meals of the trip. We didn’t have a reservation but were able to get seated right away and got a lovely table by the window overlooking the water. Our server was very nice and checked on us regularly. My daughter ordered the steak and fries and said it was the best steak she’s ever had! I ordered the filet sliders with truffle fries. The sliders were cooked perfectly. The truffle flavor of the fries was a little too strong for my tastes, but that is the only negative I have to say about this meal. Also, they surprised my daughter with a chocolate cupcake for her birthday, and even that was delicious, not just a typical Disney cupcake! Highly recommend!

Pros:

Beautiful setting, good service, delicious food