Reviews of BOATHOUSE

View Menus at The BOATHOUSE Dining Location

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, American
The BOATHOUSE is an upscale, waterfront dining experience featuring spectacular floating artwork: dream boats from the 30's, 40's & 50's.

The BOATHOUSE has three distinctive bars including The Captain's Raw Bar, The Admiral's Club Bar and The Dockside Bar, which is built over the water. Other spectacular nautically-themed rooms include The Runabout, Twin Transoms, and The Lake House. There are also be two private dining rooms for special events, conventions and presentations: The Regatta and The Trophy Room. Guests will enjoy a gourmet menu served daily until 2 a.m. featuring steaks, chops, fresh seafood and a raw bar.

The menu changes DAILY!!!

Watch a restaurant review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ0C-QykekE&index=26&list=PL7g2p9qess52-DIXfxv8W-ZrC-e1G7Ua0

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/14/2019

Don’t Bother
We were excited to eat here, and decided to blow the 2 Disney Dining Plan credits each for a signature dining experience. The atmosphere is boaty casual - I mean, there are boats everywhere. Suspended from the ceiling, full-sized next to tables, etc. In case you weren’t sure from the name, the owner likes boats. Anyway, the restaurant was a bit noisy, but that’s nothing abnormal in a Disney restaurant. Server was friendly, and I don’t have complaints there. I asked about the possibility of switching out a dessert for an appetizer or salad, and I was told it can only be done if I have a physical disease, like a gluten allergy or diabetes. Really? I’m not allowed to simply want something other than dessert? Ok, fine. So I decided on the Filet Mignon, but the menu doesn’t indicate if it comes with anything other than the meat. I asked about the sides; server said it comes with roasted potatoes. I asked about switching them for the baked potato and was told no, it can’t be done. Excuse me? If I am paying $50 for an entree, I ought to be able to pick a different side! I wasn’t asking for shrimp or lobster, for heavens sake. And there was nothing roasted about those potatoes - I got 5 little potatoes, like new potatoes, and they were neither crispy nor flavorful. The filet was good, but not ‘wow’, and parts of the outside were very charred. So for my money, I can do better at Longhorn, where, for less than half the price, I get fantastic steak, a salad - and I get to pick my own side.

Pros:

Nice atmosphere if you like boats

Cons:

Prices, lack of flexibility

Reviewed by Bamabelle712 Review Date: 06/18/2019

My daughter and I ate here for lunch and it was one of our best meals of the trip. We didn’t have a reservation but were able to get seated right away and got a lovely table by the window overlooking the water. Our server was very nice and checked on us regularly. My daughter ordered the steak and fries and said it was the best steak she’s ever had! I ordered the filet sliders with truffle fries. The sliders were cooked perfectly. The truffle flavor of the fries was a little too strong for my tastes, but that is the only negative I have to say about this meal. Also, they surprised my daughter with a chocolate cupcake for her birthday, and even that was delicious, not just a typical Disney cupcake! Highly recommend!

Pros:

Beautiful setting, good service, delicious food

Reviewed by Stitch1623 Review Date: 06/13/2019

Great food, slow service. Our party had steak and seafood and everyone was pleased including the kids. Drinks were also good. Our server was pleasant but service was very slow.

Pros:

Delicious seafood, great views

Cons:

Very slow, crowded, average desserts

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/21/2019

Just returned from a trip yesterday, went to The Boathouse and was not disappointed. I have the firecracker shrimp, very tender and with a slight kick of spice per the name. Mom had steamed clams which were flavorful although a little bigger than the typical steamer size. She had the clambake with scallops, lobster, shrimp, corn and potatoes. Rolls were sweet and fluffy but our waiter was the best- attentive, kind but was not rushing us in any way. Marcus had great recommendations and was non-invasive without being standoffish. Will definitely return again when we come to Disney over spring break.

Pros:

great food from apps to espresso, excellent service from Marcus, live music was pretty talented and not too loud

Cons:

can be noisy with large parties near you- sounds travel

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2019

my family and i have gone to the boathouse everytime we visit since they opened. we have never had a bad meal. wonderful staff and atmosphere.

Pros:

love that you can sit outside or inside. they also have the lovely bar outside as well.

Cons:

seats are too close together

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2019

Had booked this as a special treat as the setting is brilliant and the reviews were good but was bitterly disappointed. It didn’t help that our waiter was offhand and inefficient (he took my friend’s order but left without taking mine) I thought the food was pretty average and overpriced. We did complain to the management and they were duly apologetic. Can only hope that this was a one-off and the waiter was having a bad night. Other tables were enjoying better service so we were just unlucky I guess. Won’t be giving it a second chance though

Pros:

Beautiful setting

Cons:

Overpriced Variable service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/16/2019

We had a private dock all to ourselves to watch the sun go down and the lights come on.Awesome

Pros:

The upscale feel to it and good service

Reviewed by MaryMcc Review Date: 01/09/2019

I absolutely loved this restaurant. My brother didnt love it. I am diabetic and have a gastric disorder and there was good options for me. I wished I could remember our Walter's name to commend him to Disney. He was great. My brother isn't accustomed to such attention (and neither am I), but my brother is very shy. While being so attentive, I didn't feel like I was being stared at. Lol. The food couldn't have been better. I ordered the soup and dared a few spoonfuls. It wss downright delicious. I had the crab stuffed lobster and my brother Tommy had filet mignon. He wouldn't taste my lobster, the fool, but he gave me some of his steak. Both were awesome tasting and perfectly cooked. People say they can taste the difference in qualities of differing meats. I was surprised that they were right.

Pros:

Great service food quality and taste and temperature. Beautiful restaurant and comfortable.

Reviewed by Stephanie Review Date: 09/29/2018

The best meal I have ever had on Disney Property

Pros:

Great service,the food is exemplary

Cons:

May get a bit crowded

Reviewed by Pixiedust1 Review Date: 09/29/2018

By far one of the best meals we have ever had at the World. Food was amazing, service was fantastic and the atmosphere was lovely yet not pretentious.

Pros:

The food was delicious.

Cons:

Cannot recall any cons