Reviews of Boardwalk Inn (Deluxe Resort)

A Disney Deluxe Resort in the Epcot Resort Area

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_bw.htm

Reviewed by AbbyHogan Review Date: 04/15/2020

I have been going to this resort since I was 5 and now i'm 13 so that is a long time. We bought DVC here and I can't say we hate it. It is amazing. The cast members are extremely nice and the studio and one bedroom villas are very nice. I have 4 people in my family, mom, dad, me, and my sister. so I think the one bedroom rooms are very fitting. The location is also so amazing. you can walk/boat to Hollywood studios and Epcot and there are amazing views. There is also amazing entertainment when you maybe don't want to be at a park or Disney Springs. There is of course the pool and a bunch of things like arcade games, carnival games performers, movie nights bakery hair warping station and so much more. I would have to say though I wouldn't recommend the rooms right on the boardwalk because if you are trying to get to bed early to get up really early to go get a rise of the risistance boarding group or to get in the quene for flight of passage it can get pretty noisy but there is nothing you can do about that just maybe don't get those rooms. Other than that I highly recommend the boardwalk you will be leaving with lasting memories.

Pros:

Location is a big pro with walking and boating privileges to 2 parks and the rooms are amazing. The cast is so incredibly nice

Cons:

NONE (This is an AMAZING resort DVC or not.)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/15/2020

I’ve been there many times.

Pros:

Has bots to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Cons:

Boats may have lines

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/02/2020

I have stayed here several times now and each time I have to make a complaint about the noise. I currently have neighbors shouting f bombs and last time it was drunk college kids screaming and running down the halls. So much for the happiest place on earth.

Pros:

Close to Disney property and plenty to do

Cons:

WiFi did not work, room was incredibly loud thanks to several neighbors

Reviewed by Becky B Review Date: 08/08/2019

In our opinion, the best resort on Disney property. Tons of amenities - great ice cream shop (try the honey and the munchies!), carnival games (which surprisingly were really fun, our kids loved playing at night after a long day at the parks), great street entertainment, Abracadabar (awesome cocktails and theming), multiple restaurants, delicious bakery with fabulous breakfast sandwiches, adorable pool and pool bar - the atmosphere isn't matched anywhere else on property. The rooms are spacious, bedding is very comfortable. Love the location, walking path to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We used to think the Contemporary was our favorite but no more - we'll stay at Boardwalk every WDW visit.

Pros:

location, comfort, theming, amenities

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/18/2019

We always stay here! One of our favorite parts is all the performers on the Boardwalk. I love all the magicians!I love being a part of the shows on the Boardwalk! We love all the restaurants and the pool is good too.The water slide is awesome. Finally, it has access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The Hollywood Studios walk is not long, and you can be one of the first into Epcot through the International Gateway!

Pros:

Pool, Park access, Price, Rooms, Restaurants, and Entertainment

Cons:

Slide is kinda creepy! The clown may scare some kids and might even creep out adults. Also, shops aren't the best.

Reviewed by annmarz Review Date: 06/19/2019

I love this resort and it is one of my favorites. I always stay in the Epcot Resort area and our last trip was wonderful. We had a corner room which partially overlooked the Boardwalk and the main grassy area in front of the lobby. Altho it was on one of the higher floors we were close to the elevator which was very convenient. My only "complaint" if you can call it that is that this resort does not have any indoor restaurants and we had to walk to the Boardwalk Bakery to refill our resort mugs. The gift shop is also really sparse. Mousekeeping skipped us one day. Overall we were very happy here.

Pros:

location. nice rooms

Cons:

lack of indoor dining

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 06/18/2019

I finally stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My room was lovely and the view out of my patio window was the France pavilion and Spaceship Earth. Fireworks right out my window were lovely. Housekeeping was generous with the Joffrey's Mickey 90th Birthday coffee-I'm a tea drinker and the samples won me over-I bought a bag of the coffee to take home. The location of the hotel was fantastic. Walking into Epcot was just wonderful. My pin trading bag and I made quite a few trips over there. I really enjoyed sampling Boardwalk offerings like the bakery and Ample Hills Creamery. I would not hesitate to stay here again but the price is prohibitive. The location can't be beat!

Pros:

Location, beautiful hotel, nice cast members

Cons:

only the price

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 02/20/2019

This was our 5th time staying here...absolutely love this resort. We always request a 1st floor room and we are always given one, which I appreciate. This time the problem was Mousekeeping. On our second day there we returned to our room to find we had no pillowcases on our pillows - not a problem, quick call to Mousekeeping and within 20 minutes there was a knock on the door and there were the cases, but I think because its a Deluxe resort I expected them to come in and put the cases on or at least ask if I wanted them to do it or if I wanted to do it myself - not just handed to me as I opened the door. Don't get me wrong I don't mind putting cases on the pillows but I should note that I leave a very nice tip for them each day I am there. The next day @ 8:00 , while getting ready for a day in the park there was a short knock on the door and in walks Mousekeeping even though we had the "Room Occupied" sign on the door. Two days later after returning from a day of shopping at Disney Springs and wanting to freshen up for a dinner reservation we entered our room around 4:30 pm to find Mouskeeping hadn't been there at all...a quick walk to the front desk and within an hour someone was there. I love this resort and will stay here on my next Disney visit, I was just surprised at the Mousekeeping issues we had...this was a first for us , we never had anything but wonderful experiences here. Everyone has off days I suppose but I guess I don't expect that at Disney !!

Pros:

Walking distance of Epcot / Studios. Love walking on the Boardwalk taking in the sounds and sights.

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

if you don't like clowns ask for a room not overlooking the pool. at night they leave the lights on at the end of the pool side which is a clown face.
Very erie.

Pros:

good location

Cons:

not enough elevators too many steps

Reviewed by gilesmt Review Date: 01/30/2018

I am very torn with this hotel, we loved some aspects and hated other aspects. This was to be a split stay between Beach Club and Yatch Club, then two days before we left we switched to Boardwalk Inn and then while there we decided to just stay. The things we liked we really liked, but the things we did not like made for unpleasant trip and a bad taste.

We loved our room, 1290, it was huge, with a huge covered patio that easily could have sat 16 people in chairs. We loved to sit out and drink coffee in the morning and watch the garden grow. We were hidden and even when people walked about, we could see them but most could not see us. There was never any noise outside, or children running, it was just peaceful bliss.

We had a large foyer, and an extra large closet, you had a lot or room between the beds and the couch. This room was a lot bigger than the normal standard room, yet it was just a standard garden view room, hidden next to a stair case outdoor stair case, on the bottom floor, near the elevators.

It was an easy walk to the quiet pool, up one flight to Bella Rue lounge to fill your cup.

That said it was awful by the fifth day, because you had to go up to the second floor from one set of elevators, and then down a different set to get to boardwalk. And you kept getting confused and second guessing yourself, am I going, up or down, or out, can I get here for there, or over there. The first few days was great, but it got to be a hassle.

Next you had to make that decision to get food or to the bus, or to the lobby, or to the boardwalk and ferries. No way to just move from first floor to anywhere without going up a flight and then back down a flight.

The second thing was the main Inn was not where anything was, so you had to cross over to the villa side to do anything, the main pool was on that side, the community hall was on that side, the lobby was on that side. The front door was on that side, the boardwalk was both sides. The fire pit was on the villa side. So for the first time, I felt like I was an outcast in the resort, most of the time the DVC have to walk to the resort to get things done, in this resort, you have to walk to the villa side to do anything.

Mycomplaints start with the food, you have little to no options, so for a day or two you are fine, but then forget it. For breakfast especially there is no food court, so you have a choice of powdered eggs in a sandwich or on your plate from the bakery and that is it, or a quick grab of a bagel from the lounge. So after two days you are sick of all food options for breakfast. For lunch if you eat late you have more options but not much more and nothing opens until after 12 or after 6. Pizza, hamburg and subs that’s about all you have to choice from. You can get a boat to yatch and beach club but they have very little options also, we choose to do contemporary, French quarters, animal kingdom and wilderness all with much better options for both lunch and dinner. But what a pain when you want to hit the park early, because you have to go out of Epcot to get good food.

Second, don’t think of maid service the same as any other Disney resort. We got maid service twice during our trip without calling and asking for it, the first day and the day we were suppose to leave and go to yatch club. We called them 5 times after 5 to come and give us clean towels. When we complained we got no results.

And that leads to the next complaint, front desk, they were useless. No matter what you asked they could not tell you. Asked about my bill, 5 times got not answer, asked for a supervisor got no answer, spent 4 hours on the phone with different people and finally called my bank and told them until Disney can explain to me why my bill says paid in full before I got there, and nothing changed, than I refuse to pay the $125 charge that no one can explain to me. I asked about maid service and why they refuse to clean my room, they refused to answer me. I asked why my bands no longer work on the door, the answer was they fixed the door, well if they fixed the door will you fix the bands to work on the door, three days later they finally did.

We loved the valet, and we loved Mitch the bell hop. They were all so great. The community hall people were great with movies on rainy days, but again house keeping and DVC in rooms forget it, took four hours or more to get a DVC that had a remote that worked.

So again torn how to rate this hotel, if I wanted into Epcot for a night or two and could get the room we got I would rate it a 10, but if staying on vacation, and wanted housekeeping, front desk staff, got transportation to and from parks, and food options, this would be just a smedge above beach club that we rate a 1.

We have stayed here as DVC on that side of the resort and we loved it, again because you take out a lot of the problems, we had dining plan then so we went out to eat in better places more often, we could eat a fast breakfast in room since we had a kitchen, we walked out the door to the main pool and to refill drinks. So totally different experience and we rated it up in the 9 then.

Pros:

Quiet, peaceful, between two parks

Cons:

Food service, front desk staff, maid service