Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge KIDANI Village (Disney Vacation Club)

Reviewed by BookishPrincess Review Date: 05/26/2021

Such a beautiful resort! We stayed here for several days and were completely blown away by this gorgeous resort. If transportation and quick service dining weren’t an issue, this resort would score a perfect ten. The service is impeccable and our one bedroom suite was one of favorites at Disney.

Pros:

This is such a beautiful resort, particularly at Christmas when we visited. We loved viewing the animals from the balconies This is a great value for DVC members with a smaller contract or those who want to get the most bang for their points.

Cons:

The quick service dining location is located in Jambo. Transportation is not the greatest. It takes forever to get anywhere on the buses.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/10/2021

This hotel is truly a work of art. I love it so much and it is the hotel I always go to when visiting Disney. Even though I have been to other hotels, I always come back to this one because I truly believe nothing can top it. It has amazing theming and stunning views. Not to mention how entretaining it is. The restaurants are also amazing and I just give it a 10/10 for sure.

Reviewed by ccooney1307 Review Date: 02/17/2021

Even though we own our points at Old Key West, we did our welcome home visit at Kidani in June of 2019 and stayed in a 2 bedroom villa and oh my goodness it was incredible ! The animal viewing from our room from our giant balcony and the 3rd bathroom were the absolute best features. It literally felt like we were in another country whenever we stepped food into the lobby. We just fell in love and can't wait to go back!

Pros:

Incredible balconies with Savanna views, 2 bedroom villas have a 3rd bathroom which is awesome when traveling with a larger party. They had tons of educational activities going on throughout the resort all the time, our kids loved them and learned so much! It was relaxing and quiet inside. The pool, and splash zone are incredible ! Sanaa for lunch has become one of our favorite dining spots !

Cons:

The full quick service location is over at Jambo house. Other than that, literally no complaints !

Reviewed by DisFowlerFamilyAZ Review Date: 02/13/2021

Stayed at Kidani the weekend WDW opened after closure, and it did not disappoint. Such an immersive hotel, feels like you are on a Savannah. The kids loved being in the room . . . animals . . . walking down the hall . . . animals . . . recreation room . . . animals . . . dinner . . . animals. It was awesome

Pros:

Animals everywhere

Cons:

Only buses for Disney transportation

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/10/2021

I have never had such a horrible experience at a DVC property. I booked a savanna view studio from 12/30/2020 until 1/11/2021. I was placed in a lock off unit adjacent to a one bedroom with an adjoining door. From the very first night, I had neighbors with two sons who yelled and used profanity and I could hear everything as if it was in my own room. I called twice the first night and asked management to ask them to quiet down. They claim they sent security who heard nothing . I called again the next night when the son was swearing at his brother and parents. Nothing was done. I finally was resigned to hearing yelling and whining in the mornings and evenings. I was so thrilled when I heard them say they were leaving today. However they were replaced by a family with a baby who has been screaming for over two hours and shows no sign of stopping. I called the front desk and asked if they could bring the child into the bedroom and nothing has been done. The parents are making no attempt to soothe the child or respect their neighbors by simply bringing the child into the master bedroom. I’m not sure they are even in the room. While I understand some noise is to be expected, this is ridiculous. I came here for a relaxing vacation and I am exhausted.

Pros:

Beautiful view of the Savannah.

Cons:

As set forth above.

Reviewed by AKVHutch Review Date: 12/18/2020

We actually own points here and have stayed here a couple of times. We have never had a pleasant experience. We find most of the CM with whom we have interacted to be rude and lacking knowledge. Every time we have been in the gift shop we have had something go wrong with a purchase and are consistently treated as if we are stealing when requesting DVC or AP discounts.

Every time we have stayed here (we have had a 2 bedroom and a studio) years apart) we have requested a room close to the lobby area, because we were not driving down at that time. Yet we have been in the furtherest or next to furtherest building. On our last trip, we had a post cruise weekend and Kidani was all that was available, so we got a Savannah room. We saw exactly 1 giraffe for a few minutes over the weekend. Since it was Easter and our DVC pass was blacked out this was our entertainment. That weekend was a horrible end to a great cruise. It was so bad, I still am too angry to write much about it. I complained to the hotel management and it fell on deaf ears.

So we just won't go to Disney World if that is the only DVC location available.

Pros:

It is a very nice building and the extra bathrooms in what not in the 1 and 2 bedrooms are very handy.

Cons:

Distances to the main building. Lack of quick service meals (pre pandemic). A tiny gift and sundry shop with a surly staff.

Reviewed by Snooganz Review Date: 12/08/2020

Amazing atmosphere. As a DVC member this is my home resort. Try to get a savannah side room! Watching the sunrise over the savannah with a cup of coffee is how we as a family end every vacation stay here!

Pros:

Amazing views on the savannah side! Restaurant downstairs is amazing and worth every penny!

Cons:

Have to walk to Jambo house to get to the Quick Service Restaurant.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/19/2020

I love everything about this resort. On our first night my son and I had a hard time sleeping because we kept peaking out to see the animals. We felt like the rooms were very much on point with theming and loved the extra bathroom!

Pros:

Animals, Great food, Great Theming

Cons:

A bit farther away from other resorts

Reviewed by MagicPreppy Review Date: 11/12/2020

We went from 9/13-7/16 (3 adults, 1 three yo). we really enjoyed staying here. The room was nice, and it was cool to see the animals during our downtime. We did get AMAZING togo from Sanaa, but would have loved a QS. WE ended up driving ourselves to the park most days, but found that whole process easy.

Pros:

zebra domes the TS food the animals

Cons:

no QS distance to the parks means we didn't get to enjoy the resort as much as we'd like to

Reviewed by BethWebb1981 Review Date: 04/14/2020

We had an upgrade here for our family of six, when our room at another resort was closed due to a hurricane. We have a two-bedroom suite with a savanna view. I wouldn't change a thing. I was so glad we had a resort day to relax at the pool (there were about 10 people at the pool), engage with all of the learning opportunities for the kids. They loved earning their African beads at the different activities. We loved the Bread Service at Sanaa for a break in our resort day. The animals were perfect! Even though there isn't a QS, there are items you can buy & cook in your room...we grabbed some frozen pizzas when we arrived late on our first night.

Pros:

Peaceful. Unique. Beautiful. Large rooms. Great food! Easy access to Jambo House for "more excitement."

Cons:

Only buses available to parks.