Reviews of Grand Floridian Resort (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by ccooney1307 Review Date: 02/17/2021

It is definitely beautiful but we didn't feel like it was worth the price tag. Although conveniently located near Magic Kingdom we had quite a long walk to our room from the monorail station, dining, shopping etc. Although its very beautiful and was definitely on our bucket list it's not a place I would recommend to my friends or clients over other resorts

Pros:

beautiful, great pool and kids splash area, awesome dining at Grand Floridian Cafe.

Cons:

Very expensive, quick service was very chaotic and messed up our order all four times we ordered from them, we had missing items. May have a really long walk to your room if in an outer building.

Reviewed by ProfM Review Date: 01/20/2021

We booked a DVC studio.
Upon entering the room we were shocked at the dismal condition of the room. Dirty carpets, stained furniture, and a filthy dining table.

We complained and were upgraded to a wonderful one-bedroom, lake view room which was wonderful.

The grounds are spread out, so get a map, and enjoy lunch at the cafe...

Pros:

Beautiful grounds and a nice view of the lake...

Cons:

Expensive and in dire need of a refurb...

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/19/2021

First-class in every way

Pros:

The property is so nice I consider it a significant piece of my vacation [s].

Reviewed by Anondisney Review Date: 01/12/2021

It's a gorgeous resort with some of the best rooms I've ever stayed in. It's such a bonus to be able to watch the fireworks (when they were happening) from the resort and so was the orchestra that used to reside in the lobby. Stepping into the Grand Flo has its own type of magic. Many places to eat here that are fantastic and the multiple levels of shopping are great.

Pros:

The grandeur, the food, the rooms

Cons:

The removal of the entertainment that brought such life to the lobby

Reviewed by Merwolf Review Date: 11/18/2020

I ended up in Central Florida on a business trip and stayed the night at the Grand Floridian, and I have been to the hotel now and the conference facilities a number of times. The lobby is the best. The restaurants are great, the staff is friendly and gracious, there's a lot of travel options and the beds are very comfortable. I was able to check in, grab a boat to the MK (and almost now there is a walking path) in time for dinner in the park, watched fireworks, and got back to the hotel for a nice nights rest before work the next day.

Pros:

Great location, great restaurants, beautiful lobby, awesome staff.

Cons:

It's curiously gigantic, and if you get caught in the rain trying to get back to your room you might as well have spent a few rounds on Kali River Rapids.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/16/2020

Great resort. Amazing Pool!

Pros:

monorail acsess Great Pool Boat rentals

Reviewed by MelMel82 Review Date: 07/29/2020

The Grand Floridian is one of my favorite resorts. From the momen you walk and the smell in the lobby to the friendliness of the cast members. The rooms at Grand Floridian are bigger than most rooms which is very nice. The Grand Floridian at Christmas time is also the place to be, between the smell of the Gingerbread House to the giangantic Christmas Tree in the main lobby. Senses spa is a must visit every trip, the best spa I have ever been to.

Pros:

Monorail, Restaurants, Cast Members, No Covered Walkways (the resort is fairly large and spreadout).

Cons:

Cost

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/15/2020

For a southern girl and her family The Grand Floridian felt like home. There were a lot of conveniences with being on the monorail line. It was also nice to be able to walk to the Polynesian. We always enjoy dinner at Narcoossee's. We would love to stay there again.

Pros:

Dining, views, and being on the monorail

Cons:

price

Reviewed by Tasha Review Date: 04/16/2020

By far my favorite WDW resort, its so beautiful and smells so good and the service and food is top notch

Pros:

location, beautiful

Cons:

price

Reviewed by AmLin83 Review Date: 04/01/2020

My family stayed here this past fall and loved it! Our room was clean, the atmosphere was beautiful, there were different pool options, and the restaurants /quick service was delicious! We loved it!

Pros:

Atmosphere Food Shopping

Cons:

Pricey