Reviews of Grand Floridian Resort (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by Piccaso7 Review Date: 07/13/2021

Comfortable, clean and beautiful. This is a lovely place to stay. It is in walking distance to Magic Kingdom and you can watch the fireworks from the property grounds. Nice quick service restaurant. We did not experience any noise issues and there were kids in the common area playing and screaming, but we couldn’t hear them when we shut the door.

Pros:

Beautiful, comfortable and clean

Reviewed by accord99cutie Review Date: 06/13/2021

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn’t feel out of place while staying her with my young family! I always enjoyed dining here but felt it may be too “stuffy” for us to actually stay and boy was I wrong! The cast members were all so friendly and helpful! Our room had such an amazing view of the lagoon and magic kingdom and we watched the electrical water pageant nightly. Fireworks weren’t happening during our trip but I’ve already booked a return trip back to grand Floridian and look forward to watching the fireworks from the room next trip! Kids loved the pool and water slide and we enjoyed it every afternoon! The quick service had some great offerings outside
Typical fast food fare, and we enjoyed our meal at grand Floridian cafe. The newly added walking trail to MK was such a relaxing walk on the way back after an evening at MK! We can’t wait to get back!!

Pros:

Service, room size, amenities, views, transportation options, dining and pool

Cons:

Cost

Reviewed by BookishPrincess Review Date: 05/27/2021

I’ve always wanted to stay at this resort. After moving our annual trip several times due to the pandemic, we lucked into getting dates here during Spring Break using our DVC points. I was beyond excited and I’m so thrilled the service and location were everything I imagined and more!

We had a split stay between Coronado and GF, so our room wasn’t ready when we attempted check in at noon. A most helpful cast member was able to get us checked in early. He’s my hero! I had another amazing customer service experience with them since I lost my license during our stay (yes, I’m a hot mess). They found it and held it for me at the check in desk.

Add to that, the gorgeous grounds, quiet rooms, amazing view from our balcony, awesome pool, and riding the monorail to MK each day! This was an unforgettable stay.

While the rooms could use an update, we spend a minimal amount of time in our room, so that wasn’t a huge factor for me. If you can swing the price, book this stay!!

Pros:

Breathtakingly beautiful! Amazing service! Gasparilla Grille has the best grilled cheese and tomato soup meal I’ve ever eaten after a long day in the parks! The monorail!! We literally did not move our car the 3 nights we stayed here. The Sandy beach area is a great spot to read in the evenings, if you’re a weirdo like me who travels with books. Great pool area! Sitting on our balcony watching the monorails pass was the best thing EVER!

Cons:

The cost. I agree the price is super high. We probably wouldn’t pay out of pocket for this resort, but if you can swing it — DO IT!

Reviewed by BridgetW Review Date: 05/19/2021

We loved our time at the Grand Floridian! This is an iconic Disney World hotel and it did not disappoint. Even with covid precautions in place, we loved our stay. We were here for a week and ate at most of the restaurants, enjoyed both pools, loved the walkway to the MK, enjoyed the ferry boat after a day at the MK, took the monorail to dinner at The Contemporary, had several room service meals and we were happy with everything! This location can't be beat. The rooms could be updated a touch, but otherwise, we loved it(specifically the bathroom felt small and needing a refresh). If your budget allows it, everyone should stay here at least once. Very special.

Pros:

location, classic Disney experience

Cons:

price

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/17/2021

Disappointed

Pros:

Pretty main building.

Cons:

Room was equivalent to a motel 6. Even a hole in the dry wall of the bathroom. Balcony was filthy.

Reviewed by Mchipman Review Date: 04/07/2021

I just don't get it! We booked a theme park view room at the Contemporary and before our trip, we were moved to the Floridian. I know the Floridian is on a lot of people's bucket list but I never saw the draw. The lobby is breathtaking, the service is fantastic, the monorail is convenient but the rest of the resort is in desperate need of a refurbishment. Our room had fraying fabric on the couch, peeling silicon in the bathroom, and very little storage. Our room was clean but disappointing for the price. The Riviera or the Yacht club have better luxury and are less expensive. The pools are fine but the kids pool is small and crowded. However, for $160 you can rent seating at the pool and that was fantastic for our check in day. The seating came with snacks and caned sodas. The food is good and priced well. Overall I do not see us staying there again.

Pros:

Lobby, service, food, monorail, walking trail Again, the service goes above and beyond to help you and make you feel taken care of.

Cons:

Old rooms, overpriced, plain pools

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/14/2021

Always wanted to stay here, and finally splurged and stayed 1 night when it was on sale (440/night). What can I say? It was everything we dreamed of. It was elegant and charming. All the decorations, details and overall atmosphere were all on point. Loved just sitting in the lobby, listening to the piano play a while. It has a giant gingerbread house during Christmas time that's a must see (but the shingles they sell make better ornaments than food). As for the room, the beds were the single best I've ever slept on. We only got 5 hours of sleep but were up and ready to go the next day, very refreshed. Was a quick monorail ride to MK and back. Would absolutely stay here again, if only it weren't so expensive.

Pros:

monorail hotel - near magic kingdom, delightful lobby and rooms

Cons:

very expensive

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/04/2021

This a really beautiful hotel. It is my dream to stay here.

Pros:

It looks absolutely gorgeous. Luxury at its finest.

Cons:

If you complain about this place. You are more than likely a total cheapskate who looks for any excuse to not stay here because of the Price

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/03/2021

I have never actually stayed here but I really, really, really want to stay here. The Grand Floridian doesn’t get the respect it deserves. Show the Grand Floridian some respect.

Pros:

It is freakin beautiful. What a beautiful resort.

Cons:

I have never gotten to stay here.

Reviewed by ccooney1307 Review Date: 02/17/2021

It is definitely beautiful but we didn't feel like it was worth the price tag. Although conveniently located near Magic Kingdom we had quite a long walk to our room from the monorail station, dining, shopping etc. Although its very beautiful and was definitely on our bucket list it's not a place I would recommend to my friends or clients over other resorts

Pros:

beautiful, great pool and kids splash area, awesome dining at Grand Floridian Cafe.

Cons:

Very expensive, quick service was very chaotic and messed up our order all four times we ordered from them, we had missing items. May have a really long walk to your room if in an outer building.