Reviews of Grand Floridian Resort (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/29/2022

Beautiful Resort multiple transportation options. Just the best Disney resort

Pros:

Close to Magic Kingdom Transportation ( Monorail,Boats,Walk paths and busses) Close to Contemporary and Polynesian for dining (Calafornia Grill recommended)

Cons:

Expensive (but worth it)

Reviewed by NattyAnn Review Date: 04/01/2022

Good, but not as good as it was pre-closure. The room and atmosphere are still beautiful. This time we got a dormer room, which I did not like as well as a regular room, but that is just personal preference. It felt more closed in due to the weirdly shaped balcony situation. Gasparilla Island Grill was not good this time. The sit down restaurants were still great. Room service was amazing! The only real issue we had was probably one not many people will have. We got back from the parks one day and there was a guy in there replacing our couch (he said it was a request from maintenance...we did not request it), but he did not have the right parts. Ok. No biggie. It took him about an hour and he finished replacing the couch. Then, we realized, housekeeping took all of the blankets and pillow that were on the old couch (the ones from the closet) and did not replace them. So, we called the front desk (my son was sleeping on the couch bed because he thought it was fun). It took 5 hours and a visit to the front desk to get a blanket and a pillow. 5 hours! That is not acceptable, especially for what you pay here.

Other than that, though, our stay was nice. Transportation from this hotel really cannot be beat. The boat to Magic Kingdom is, well, magic. Watching the fireworks from the boat dock was beautiful.

The next time, though, we will probably pick another resort to just branch out a bit.

Pros:

Grounds are very pretty.

Cons:

Too expensive for the level of service you get.

Reviewed by WaltWannaBe Review Date: 02/28/2022

Stayed at GF last November as a treat to ourselves.....major once in a lifetime treat. This resort is phenomenal - especially at Christmas time. You cannot believe the decorations and don't get me started on the gingerbread house. But what was incredible was the view from our balcony. We were there several nights and NEVER turned the TV on once. I spent every spare minute on that balcony watching the boats go by, monorails cruise along, the water pageant and those magical fireworks. Every morning I would get up early with a cup of coffee and listen to the Magic Kingdom come alive. Every night I would stay out there until I couldn't keep my eyes open any more to watch the fireworks and the lights. It was pure Disney Magic....and worth every penny...

Pros:

The atmosphere....and that VIEW !

Cons:

Cha....ching....

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/23/2022

We loved our stay at the Grand Floridan! We have stayed at many other resorts on property and off. We fell in love with the Grand. It is the southern charm we are used to. We absolutely loved the cast members they went ABOVE AND BEYOND! The room size of a standard queen size room was amazing! We have two toddlers and it was very spacious with the crib, stroller, and luggage. My family and I agree that we’ve found our Disney Home.

Pros:

Beautiful! Love all the elegant touches. Absolutely love the shops, dining, and the transportation!

Cons:

It does seem a little outdated but I hear that’s coming so I can’t wait to stay again to see the changes. One of the washing machines wasn’t working in our building.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/14/2021

Not too happy

Pros:

The place is fantastic

Cons:

But i had a complaint specifically to a house keeper she was too rude with my family

Reviewed by PattyMayonaise821 Review Date: 11/13/2021

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Floridian for 3 nights and 4 days and found the experience to overall be a very satisfying one. We had a gorgeous view of the Magic Kingdom from our Boca Chica waterfront room, with a picture perfect views of Cinderella Castle and Space Mountain.

The dining at the hotel is above average, but honestly there isn't anything we would go out of our way to do again in that regard. Same goes for the pool area.

Transportation to the Magic Kingdom is fantastic. We walked one morning while drinking our Joffreys. We took the Monorail whenever we pleased (also to Epcot). But the buses to Springs, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios were sporadic.

The biggest drawback we had is that the walls were THIN. We could literally hear the family in the room next door as if we were in the same room as them, and there may as well be no door in the room because the hallway lights flood in at night, and you can hear anyone who comes down the hallway, even if they're not being loud.

Despite this, we do think that the Grand Floridian goes above and beyond to make you feel as though you are somewhere special. We understand why this is the flagship WDW hotel.

Pros:

Location to Magic Kingdom, gorgeous lobby, well manicured resort.

Cons:

Thin walls, far from the action at Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs, Hollywood Studios, and Water Parks.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/11/2021

I don’t understand why people say this hotel is so amazing. It’s over priced for the quality of the rooms . Bottom line rooms are like a total of like $1,000 invested and anything above unless your spending $3,000 a night is not amazing either . Rooms aren’t sound blocked at all I can hear everything my neighbors are talking about above us , both rooms next to us . I can hear kids screaming down the hall . Our room doesn’t have a microwave and if you want anything you have to walk to the main building and that includes any waters , snacks or anything of that sort . We spent $1600 a night and our beds weren’t even made once and they didn’t even clean once they actually dont even change the garbages. Balcony wasn’t even clean .

Pros:

Close to magic kingdom that’s literally it .

Cons:

Everything’s

Reviewed by Piccaso7 Review Date: 07/13/2021

Comfortable, clean and beautiful. This is a lovely place to stay. It is in walking distance to Magic Kingdom and you can watch the fireworks from the property grounds. Nice quick service restaurant. We did not experience any noise issues and there were kids in the common area playing and screaming, but we couldn’t hear them when we shut the door.

Pros:

Beautiful, comfortable and clean

Reviewed by accord99cutie Review Date: 06/13/2021

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn’t feel out of place while staying her with my young family! I always enjoyed dining here but felt it may be too “stuffy” for us to actually stay and boy was I wrong! The cast members were all so friendly and helpful! Our room had such an amazing view of the lagoon and magic kingdom and we watched the electrical water pageant nightly. Fireworks weren’t happening during our trip but I’ve already booked a return trip back to grand Floridian and look forward to watching the fireworks from the room next trip! Kids loved the pool and water slide and we enjoyed it every afternoon! The quick service had some great offerings outside
Typical fast food fare, and we enjoyed our meal at grand Floridian cafe. The newly added walking trail to MK was such a relaxing walk on the way back after an evening at MK! We can’t wait to get back!!

Pros:

Service, room size, amenities, views, transportation options, dining and pool

Cons:

Cost

Reviewed by BookishPrincess Review Date: 05/27/2021

I’ve always wanted to stay at this resort. After moving our annual trip several times due to the pandemic, we lucked into getting dates here during Spring Break using our DVC points. I was beyond excited and I’m so thrilled the service and location were everything I imagined and more!

We had a split stay between Coronado and GF, so our room wasn’t ready when we attempted check in at noon. A most helpful cast member was able to get us checked in early. He’s my hero! I had another amazing customer service experience with them since I lost my license during our stay (yes, I’m a hot mess). They found it and held it for me at the check in desk.

Add to that, the gorgeous grounds, quiet rooms, amazing view from our balcony, awesome pool, and riding the monorail to MK each day! This was an unforgettable stay.

While the rooms could use an update, we spend a minimal amount of time in our room, so that wasn’t a huge factor for me. If you can swing the price, book this stay!!

Pros:

Breathtakingly beautiful! Amazing service! Gasparilla Grille has the best grilled cheese and tomato soup meal I’ve ever eaten after a long day in the parks! The monorail!! We literally did not move our car the 3 nights we stayed here. The Sandy beach area is a great spot to read in the evenings, if you’re a weirdo like me who travels with books. Great pool area! Sitting on our balcony watching the monorails pass was the best thing EVER!

Cons:

The cost. I agree the price is super high. We probably wouldn’t pay out of pocket for this resort, but if you can swing it — DO IT!