Reviews of Grand Floridian Resort (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by Mchipman Review Date: 04/07/2021

I just don't get it! We booked a theme park view room at the Contemporary and before our trip, we were moved to the Floridian. I know the Floridian is on a lot of people's bucket list but I never saw the draw. The lobby is breathtaking, the service is fantastic, the monorail is convenient but the rest of the resort is in desperate need of a refurbishment. Our room had fraying fabric on the couch, peeling silicon in the bathroom, and very little storage. Our room was clean but disappointing for the price. The Riviera or the Yacht club have better luxury and are less expensive. The pools are fine but the kids pool is small and crowded. However, for $160 you can rent seating at the pool and that was fantastic for our check in day. The seating came with snacks and caned sodas. The food is good and priced well. Overall I do not see us staying there again.

Pros:

Lobby, service, food, monorail, walking trail Again, the service goes above and beyond to help you and make you feel taken care of.

Cons:

Old rooms, overpriced, plain pools

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/14/2021

Always wanted to stay here, and finally splurged and stayed 1 night when it was on sale (440/night). What can I say? It was everything we dreamed of. It was elegant and charming. All the decorations, details and overall atmosphere were all on point. Loved just sitting in the lobby, listening to the piano play a while. It has a giant gingerbread house during Christmas time that's a must see (but the shingles they sell make better ornaments than food). As for the room, the beds were the single best I've ever slept on. We only got 5 hours of sleep but were up and ready to go the next day, very refreshed. Was a quick monorail ride to MK and back. Would absolutely stay here again, if only it weren't so expensive.

Pros:

monorail hotel - near magic kingdom, delightful lobby and rooms

Cons:

very expensive

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/04/2021

This a really beautiful hotel. It is my dream to stay here.

Pros:

It looks absolutely gorgeous. Luxury at its finest.

Cons:

If you complain about this place. You are more than likely a total cheapskate who looks for any excuse to not stay here because of the Price

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/03/2021

I have never actually stayed here but I really, really, really want to stay here. The Grand Floridian doesn’t get the respect it deserves. Show the Grand Floridian some respect.

Pros:

It is freakin beautiful. What a beautiful resort.

Cons:

I have never gotten to stay here.

Reviewed by ccooney1307 Review Date: 02/17/2021

It is definitely beautiful but we didn't feel like it was worth the price tag. Although conveniently located near Magic Kingdom we had quite a long walk to our room from the monorail station, dining, shopping etc. Although its very beautiful and was definitely on our bucket list it's not a place I would recommend to my friends or clients over other resorts

Pros:

beautiful, great pool and kids splash area, awesome dining at Grand Floridian Cafe.

Cons:

Very expensive, quick service was very chaotic and messed up our order all four times we ordered from them, we had missing items. May have a really long walk to your room if in an outer building.

Reviewed by ProfM Review Date: 01/20/2021

We booked a DVC studio.
Upon entering the room we were shocked at the dismal condition of the room. Dirty carpets, stained furniture, and a filthy dining table.

We complained and were upgraded to a wonderful one-bedroom, lake view room which was wonderful.

The grounds are spread out, so get a map, and enjoy lunch at the cafe...

Pros:

Beautiful grounds and a nice view of the lake...

Cons:

Expensive and in dire need of a refurb...

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/19/2021

First-class in every way

Pros:

The property is so nice I consider it a significant piece of my vacation [s].

Reviewed by Anondisney Review Date: 01/12/2021

It's a gorgeous resort with some of the best rooms I've ever stayed in. It's such a bonus to be able to watch the fireworks (when they were happening) from the resort and so was the orchestra that used to reside in the lobby. Stepping into the Grand Flo has its own type of magic. Many places to eat here that are fantastic and the multiple levels of shopping are great.

Pros:

The grandeur, the food, the rooms

Cons:

The removal of the entertainment that brought such life to the lobby

Reviewed by Merwolf Review Date: 11/18/2020

I ended up in Central Florida on a business trip and stayed the night at the Grand Floridian, and I have been to the hotel now and the conference facilities a number of times. The lobby is the best. The restaurants are great, the staff is friendly and gracious, there's a lot of travel options and the beds are very comfortable. I was able to check in, grab a boat to the MK (and almost now there is a walking path) in time for dinner in the park, watched fireworks, and got back to the hotel for a nice nights rest before work the next day.

Pros:

Great location, great restaurants, beautiful lobby, awesome staff.

Cons:

It's curiously gigantic, and if you get caught in the rain trying to get back to your room you might as well have spent a few rounds on Kali River Rapids.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/16/2020

Great resort. Amazing Pool!

Pros:

monorail acsess Great Pool Boat rentals