Reviews of Art of Animation Resort (Value Resort)

Disney's Art of Animation Resort offers family suites.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_artan.htm

Video Tour of Rooms and Resort:

Reviewed by GaryRuotolo Review Date: 09/28/2019

This is the second straight year we have stayed at the Art of Animation - Ariel room. We stay 1 night each time before heading to our DVC resort. For the second straight year, our room was dirty and I was not happy about this. The resort is nice with the pool and theme, but the cleanliness of the room is a big turnoff for a future stays there. The bed had dirt stains, there was glitter all over the carpet, the walls had stains (came off when I rubbed with a wash cloth so housekeeping could have done this). I am very disappointed that for the second straight year our room was dirty. We did not say anything since we arrived at 6:30PM and staying one night but if I planned to stay for more than 1 night then I would have complained. I expect better than this from Disney. I would not recommend Art of Animation to anyone for this reason.

Pros:

theme of resort

Cons:

room cleanliness

Reviewed by DisWalker Review Date: 05/27/2019

My second favorite resort. Between this resort and Pop Century, I would recommend staying here. If you have a large family or older teens and adult children in your party, go with the suites. You have one bedroom, a pull-down table bed, and the pull-out sofa bed. The suites also have a coffee pot and microwave in the room along with some disposable dishes. You also get two bathrooms in the suites which comes in handy. The cast members provided great guest service, were curteous, and helpful and knowledgeable.

Pros:

Suites, microwave in the suites, great theming. The Cars Suites are great and the Cars Displays are great. Kids and adults alike will like this resort.

Cons:

No restaurant onsite

Reviewed by Dizney71 Review Date: 05/15/2019

Of the 11 Disney Resorts we have stayed at this was the worst for customer service and for screwing things up continually.

We checked in and immediately had charges on two different credit cards. One of them wasn’t even on file for this trip! Had to go to front desk and stand in line only to be told it was a mistake and the charges would be reversed. IN 3-5 business days! So right off the bat I was not happy. Now that money was “tied up” because they made an error. No resolution from the front desk manager except sorry it was a mistake. Then five days into our stay in the middle of the day our Magic Band was declined. Again another trip to the front desk. Turns out it’s a “common error” when they send a charge to your credit card your bank sometimes might take your card “off file” or so we were told. We presented the same card and in two seconds it was reinstated. That being said we were half way thru a busy well planned day at the parks and had no charging privileges. Super inconvenient. Next day we get a call from the front desk to tell us our card has been taken “off file” and need to present another card. Was from the previous instance but clearly the left hand doesn’t talk to the right hand.

I got double charged for a tee shirt while shopping and when I went to the gift shop to fix the issue they wouldn’t help me. Said I had to go back to where I bought it. I asked if we could call that place and she said “there’s a house phone in the lobby”.

Very disappointed with the entire experience. Resort is typical Disney standard but the service was NOT even close to other resorts.

Pros:

Great decor Suites Great food at the food court

Cons:

Bit pricey for what you get Horrible guest service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/25/2019

Absolutely loved this resort.

Pros:

The Nemo suite was so cute and just perfect size for me and my two grand daughters. The paintings and sketches in the hall ways were amazing.

Cons:

Food was getting a bit old after a couple of days. It really wasn't that good:(

Reviewed by jcricket123 Review Date: 04/21/2019

We love this resort for the expansive size of its accommodations as well as the theming. It has it all with room to stretch out for everyone. The comfort of having privacy with a master and 2 full sized bathrooms was the best after a long day in the parks. Walking the grounds was fun to explore for everyone.

Pros:

Wonderful staff, great pool areas, unique gift shop, fun Disney theming.

Cons:

Only buses for transportation-soon to be changed by the gondolas!

Reviewed by NotMickeyMouse Review Date: 04/17/2019

For being my first resort it was amazing. All the cast members were helping everybody there, they were paying attention and working really good. The food was amazing, my favorite dish was the do it yourself pasta with all that choices I was happy. The pool was also amazing because when you submerged your head you could hear a song and it was funny when we discovered it.

Pros:

For big families. Budget friendly. Amazing rooms and food.

Cons:

None.

Reviewed by NotMickeyMouse Review Date: 04/17/2019

I liked this resort a lot it was amazing, everyday there was something new to do and to explore, the theme of the resort I liked it a lot, it was budget friendly and for big families, all the cast members there gave you all the attention to make it a good experience and for your safety. Something that I liked a lot was the pool that when you submerged your head you can hear music playing under the water and it was amazing (I want to know how that works). The food even if I didn\\'t ate that much in the food court because my mom bought food in other stores it was very nice, I tasted the DIY pasta and for having so much to choose it was all great, and for what I looked at the menu when I was there it was good what it got.
The store had good stuff I liked it all too bad I didn\\'t bought it when I was there but well for the next time I\\'ll do it.

Pros:

Good food. Good for big families. Good store.

Cons:

You have to walk a lot if you are in a small group

Reviewed by Trindadsth Review Date: 04/17/2019

We stayed in Lion King room. We loved the theming at AoA, having 2 bathrooms, our own private room, separate beds for our teens and the kitchenette. The main pool with the underwater music was cool. However, the bed in the bedroom was way too firm for us.

Pros:

2 baths, bedroom, kitchenette, theming

Cons:

Hard bed in bedroom

Reviewed by Melanie D Review Date: 10/01/2018

Art of Animation was the second value we have stayed at and we loved it. We stayed in a Cars suite and it was adorable. We will definitely stay here again.

Pros:

The theme is awesome. It was so cute seeing the kids with the statues from the films.

Cons:

Long walk at the end of the day to Mermaid and Cars rooms.

Reviewed by survivoramy Review Date: 10/01/2018

The best of the value resorts for sure! My middle child adored the Cars area. We took so many great pics there. The Nemo pool where you can hear music underwater is very cool. I do miss the lack of water slides when we choose a value over a moderate. We took a lot of pictures at all the different themed areas. Our room was great. We stayed in a standard Ariel room Our view was just landscape but it was pretty. The room met our needs and we had no issues with bus transportation at all. We weren't using it at the most popular times/parks though. Check in was great and my middle child enjoyed drawing on an easel while we waited. We checked out the shop and arcade area and it was all great - as expected at Disney. Pricey in shop but everything in Disney is.

Pros:

One of mine is a CARS fanatic so she loved that area! The Nemo pool was great.

Cons:

I can't think of any...well I guess we wish values had a water slide as a pool feature.