Reviews of Art of Animation Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/11/2021

Honest review

Pros:

Well decorated. Nice pools. Easy access to the sky liner

Cons:

Refrigerator doesn’t work at all! Bathroom door doesn’t shut, two ROACHES were on the walls when we walked in. Luggage carts are $50 to “rent”.

Reviewed by LizzyForDizney Review Date: 09/10/2021

This resort gives you the “Disney feels” for sure! We are currently in the Little Mermaid section. It’s your very basic hotel room with kid friendly (and dare I say a little cheap looking) decor. We are halfway through a 10 day stay and I wish I would have split my trip into two resorts or chose a family room. It’s very cramped and gets messy quickly with our family of four. I thought oh well, we aren’t going to spend too much time in the room. Well- it’s poured rain for 2 days and I’m getting a little stir crazy!
The pools are great- the big blue pool is so much fun. The pool bar is so-so. The food options are not good here either. Landscape of Flavors is the main eatery. There’s some good pastries and baked items and breakfast was delicious, but dinner options haven’t been so tasty. Pizza here is like cardboard. One night I had the turkey dinner, which was good, but the next night was salmon and it was not very good. Kiddos enjoyed the Mac n Cheese here. We always do refillable cups and it’s nice that there are many stations, including one out by the main pool. The housekeeping now is every other day a light trash and towel change and on the 5th day is a linen change. I greatly miss coming back from a long day at the parks to clean rooms and made up beds with special touches from Mousekeeping. (Sigh)
SkyLiner access is a long walk but it’s awesome! Buses picked us up rather quickly and we had zero issues with long waits. Also, there’s an arcade here!

Pros:

Awesome Disney themes, good breakfast, SkyLiner, fabulous pool, somewhat affordable

Cons:

Poor food choices, small rooms if staying in Little Mermaid section and very long walks to main building and transportation

Reviewed by ZoeyandRory Review Date: 09/06/2021

Lovely theming, so many photo ops but this place is really big! It's only a "value" resort if you are in the Little Mermaid section, and it is quite basic. The family suites look nice but for the price I'd rather stay in a deluxe resort! The big blue pool is awesome.

Pros:

Photo ops galore!

Cons:

Long walk to get to Sky Liner or resort amenities.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/20/2021

This is one of my favorite value resorts. It is great for families and has lots of Disney magic to it. The food was good and the pool is nice too.

Pros:

You can tell it’s a Disney resort, good food

Cons:

Just a little too many kiddie things but overall nice resort

Reviewed by PeterPancakes Review Date: 07/30/2021

My family LOVES this resort! The theming is out of this world. The pool is huge and visually appealing. We always spend check in day walking the different sections and taking pics as a family. The Lion King suites are our fav. My kids love the elephant skeleton playground. The food court has some unique options (pre covid. hopefully again soon!)

Pros:

such a fun and in your face Disney resort!

Cons:

If you stay in the little mermaid rooms it can be far from transportation

Reviewed by Agb416 Review Date: 07/30/2021

This resort is great—if you’re staying in a family suite. We stayed in a Little Mermaid room and it was a HIKE. After walking all day in the park, walking super far to our room was miserable. We honestly felt like we were closer to Pop Century than Art of Animation.

Pros:

Pool Theming

Cons:

Very long walk to the room

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/06/2021

One of the absolute best resorts in Disney World. I think that people sleep on this one, it is absolutely amazing for a value resort!! We go as a party of nine and use two Little Mermaid rooms for the 4 adults and 5 kids. Although it gets a little cramped, it doesn't really bother us because we're at Disney!! In the resort, you really feel the Disney magic! The theming is incredible, the resort is so much fun to walk around, and the food court is so so good for the price you pay. Definitely recommend for anyone looking for a resort that keeps the park experience going outside of the parks!

Pros:

Theming, proximity to parks, food

Cons:

pool is a little small

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/06/2021

Housekeeping was horrible. They clean rooms every other day. They never made the beds. I had to call several times for towels and toilet paper to have the garbage changed

Pros:

Great theme atmodphere

Cons:

Limited food options

Reviewed by SondheimGod Review Date: 06/21/2021

I’ve stayed here twice. First time was an 8 and this time was a 3 so well balance it out to a 5. First time we stayed in the Cars section and it was great. Family suite for 6 people. Decent size room with two bathrooms that was great for mornings. Not great for privacy though and if you’re a tall person (I’m 6’3”) you better be one of the ones in the “parent” room or like to sleep curled up; as the Uncle, I got stuck on the table bed. There is also a pool that is fairly quiet.

As the kids gets older, we opted to do 2 rooms instead this year. We are in the Little Mermaid section and… it’s real bad y’all. The internet is not very strong in the further rooms and were the furthest room from literally everything: the main pool, the sky liner, the restaurant, the buses… additionally, my mom was with us and had an ECV for help post knee surgery and they put used on the top floor. There is a pool over here but it’s much louder than the main pool or cars pool.

The food for a value resort was quite good. Easy to get what you need, lots of soda fountains, good basic food and open until 10.

Pros:

Good for bigger families. Decent value food. 3 pools. Skyliner!!

Cons:

Little Mermaid section is just no good. Not ideal for adults without kids.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/14/2021

I love the theming of this resort! It is so cute! The prices are low and the family suites are pretty big! I love this resort! Definitely not for honeymoon or dates. Good for kids.

Pros:

Low prices,fun theaming,spacious rooms,and good for kids!

Cons:

Not for people looking for a adult trip with their partner.