Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House (Deluxe Resort)

Animal Kingdom Lodge - A Disney Deluxe Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_akl.htm

Resort Videos: http://allears.net/acc/resort-videos-deluxe.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/20/2020

We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in November 2019 for 2 nights. Unfortunately they were doing renovations at the time so I will put that aside and just say the room needed to be refreshed and that’s what they were doing. I just wish I had known before I booked it. We would definitely go back again because the resort is amazing. The lobby and the decor and the animals and the trees are just beautiful. We have visited the resort several times. I absolutely love going there. The food is unique and delicious but not so adventurous that you can’t find something if you’re picky. The location is a little further so you need more time to travel but it’s not that bad. Disney Springs is probably the longest trip and Animal Kingdom is really close.

On the first night of our stay, I spiked a fever so I basically stayed in the room both days. I spent a lot of time on the balcony of the room overlooking a stream and the pool area and it was so peaceful and beautiful. All I wanted was soup and they have the best soup I’ve ever had. If you have to be sick on a Disney trip, this was definitely the best place to be. Animal Kingdom is my favorite park and AKL is like having a room there.

Pros:

Animals, landscaping, food

Reviewed by sydneyhum Review Date: 06/09/2020

This was the first Disney resort I ever stayed at. It is full of Disney magic, but it is SOOOOO far. Seeing the animals on the Savanna was awesome. If you want a more relaxed trip and will spend a lot of the time at your resort then it is worth it, but if you just want a resort to rest your head after a long day at the parks, choose a more convenient resort.

Pros:

beautiful, great views, good size rooms

Cons:

30+ minute bus rides

Reviewed by AnnaB Review Date: 05/11/2020

Perfect hotel with a mix of Disney-quality service and authentic African style

Pros:

the animals, good pool, amazing dining options, very nice rooms

Cons:

long walk to our room through the hallways

Reviewed by disneylover1209 Review Date: 04/06/2020

best memories are made here.

Pros:

the funnest hotel ever and pools are awesome, rooms are awesome.

Cons:

a little expensive

Reviewed by WDWHort Review Date: 04/06/2020

Savana room or bust. It’s that simple if you don’t have a savanna view room this resorts big con isn’t worth it.

Pros:

Savanna room views. Food also is amazing.

Cons:

Location Location Location. It is so so far to any other park other than Animal Kingdom. It hurts because everything else is amazing.

Reviewed by superpats Review Date: 03/29/2020

I thought this was super great! We got there very late, was given a room very close by as CM saw we were exhausted, and the room was perfect.

Pros:

Its nice to a have savannah view room, however with some creative walking around, I had coffee with the giraffes about 20 feet from me. The cast members at the service desk were absolutely fantastic and helpful, just what you want for a guest service experience

Cons:

Can't think of one at this time

Reviewed by SarahW Review Date: 03/15/2020

We stayed here for our first trip back to Disney World since 2011. It was a great resort, we were up graded to a Savannah room upon check in. Every morning and evening we could see the giraffes eating from their feeders.

Pros:

Great theming Loved seeing animals on property Close to Animal Kingdom Park

Cons:

Limited menu options at table service for picky eaters Dark bathroom in room

Reviewed by SarahMotter Review Date: 02/13/2020

We have stayed here 8 times as a family and we generally LOVE it! Unfortunately the “cons” have begun to outweigh the “pros” after a while. The cast are always remarkable, the animals are beautiful and the food is incredible! This review will be outdated once they finish the room renovations!

Pros:

The Savannah views! The food options! The Cast Members! The Theme!

Cons:

The rooms are dark and a little outdated. The bus ride is LONG to/from the parks.

Reviewed by chuysfamily Review Date: 01/16/2020

My wife and I stayed for a week in late November and just loved this resort! It was our first time at AKL and would gladly stay there again. The lobby is amazing, as is all the attention to detail. We had a newly refurbished room and Disney must have addressed the poor lighting that others have commented in their reviews because the bathroom and bedroom were very well lit, and there were plenty of USB outlets to charge everything. The decor was more Lion King than the African Savannah feel (with mosquito netting over the beds). The floors were wood laminate and the beds were new and comfortable. We were also able to put our suitcases under the beds, so that saved us room. There were only 2 of us on this trip, but I could see that a family of four might have an issue with dresser drawer space. We were supposed to have a standard view, but we could look to the left of our balcony and saw plenty of animals. I would not pay the extra for the view because there are so many places around the resort to view the animals. If you are in the parks after breakfast until after dark, you won't see the animals anyway.
Mousekeeping always did a good job on the room and everyone in the AKL very nice and helpful. The food options are really good. Most days, we had a quick service breakfast at the Mara. (Their sweet treats are quite amazing, too. I loved the peanut butter brownie.) We ate at Boma, twice, and loved it. We were concerned about too much spice and flavor with the food, but this was a non-issue due to plenty of options on the buffet. There was refurbishment going on inside and on the exterior of the resort, but this was a minor inconvenience for what the resort offered. The only thing to keep in mind is that you have to take a bus everywhere. They generally ran on time and efficiently, but they get so crowded that the 20 minute ride to a park seems longer.
All in all, I would greatly recommend this resort and would love to stay there again.

Pros:

Wonderful theming/beautiful hotel

Cons:

buses to every park

Reviewed by SNT Review Date: 06/13/2019

This resort is simply magical! The lobby is stunning, the savanna breathtaking. I felt like a little kid, always checking to see what new animal was outside!

We paid for a savanna view and I think that’s the only way to go. We had giraffes outside our balcony constantly, in addition to birds, zebras and other incredible wildlife.

For the price, the rooms leave much to be desired but that’s Disney. The bathroom was extremely small (toilet and shower) and not well lit. The theming of the room is nice but I think more could be done. Our tv didn’t work (which I couldn’t care less about but my husband was hoping to watch golf on our downtime). For the price you pay, it would be wonderful if the rooms could be bigger and the bathrooms made to be luxurious, rather than standard hotel bathrooms.

The transportation by bus only is not ideal but you know what you are agreeing to when you book at AKL.

Overall, I think AKL is worth it for the savanna experience. It is truly unique and I would absolutely stay there again.

Pros:

The views, the lobby, two of some of the highest rated Disney restaurants on property, gigantic pool, magical atmosphere

Cons:

Small, standard bathrooms. Distance from parks and transportation by bus only. Price