Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2020

Stayed at all the deluxes...will never stay at this one again!

Pros:

Nice lobby, good food, animal view

Cons:

Unpleasant staff, no coffee in the morning, too far from everything (always a bus), rooms are small and inconsistent, unfortunately not as clean as it should be

Reviewed by DisFan14 Review Date: 12/09/2020

If you’re looking for a place where you can get away from the hustle and bustle of a disney vacation, this is it. While the lobby, food, and views are unbeatable, you’re going to spend a lot of time on the bus. 20+ minute rides to magic kingdom. If you decide you’re okay with that then go ahead and pay the extra money for a savannah view room. Other views are just not worth the money/long bus rides.

Pros:

Beautiful resort with great food

Cons:

Long bus rides and not worth the money if not savannah view

Reviewed by Merwolf Review Date: 11/18/2020

Totally love this resort, and have stayed here a number of times because I love animals and by gosh they have them here. Favorite way to spend the morning was get some breakfast (best buffet on property, miss it now due to Covid) and then walk around to all the viewing areas to take pictures of the range of animals that live there. Bonus last time - baby zebras. The lobby is big and gorgeous, they have a good sized shop, and I agree with others here to spring for a savannah view room if you can. The restaurants, especially Jiko, are amazing. You do need a bit of an adventurous palate but adventure. It's delicious and worth every dime. A nice touch is the firepits inside and out, and the beautiful artwork on display.

Pros:

Animals. Lobby. Immersive. You can easily spend resort days here and not miss the parks (at least, I don't)

Cons:

Depending on where your room is, you could be in for a long, long, walk to the bus station, or anywhere really. Only transportation option is bus, and AKL is near AK, and far away from the other three parks because animals.

Reviewed by goblues38 Review Date: 11/17/2020

Nice and quiet. A bit dark in the color pallet, but that is ok. The pool at Jambo house is one of the better pools on property. Plenty of spaces to get lost in in here. go find a bench and relax and people or animal watch.

In regards to a Savanah View Room. meh.....it is nice...but not a must have. We end up making jokes about it. the 1st time you see a zebra it is cool...but the 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 9th time loses its luster very fast. Skip the Savanah View and save some cash. One time we had a view of the front porch where people would load and unload cars. We sat for what seemed like hours just laughing at people losing their mind trying to load a car full of way too many bags for the ride home.

Pros:

Very consistent experience. We have stayed her 4 times over the past 15 years and it is always what we expect. Good food service, great drink service.

Cons:

It is a little farther out but you only notice it on the bus ride to MK or possibly Disney Springs. Everything else is just fine in regards to the busses.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/20/2020

We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in November 2019 for 2 nights. Unfortunately they were doing renovations at the time so I will put that aside and just say the room needed to be refreshed and that’s what they were doing. I just wish I had known before I booked it. We would definitely go back again because the resort is amazing. The lobby and the decor and the animals and the trees are just beautiful. We have visited the resort several times. I absolutely love going there. The food is unique and delicious but not so adventurous that you can’t find something if you’re picky. The location is a little further so you need more time to travel but it’s not that bad. Disney Springs is probably the longest trip and Animal Kingdom is really close.

On the first night of our stay, I spiked a fever so I basically stayed in the room both days. I spent a lot of time on the balcony of the room overlooking a stream and the pool area and it was so peaceful and beautiful. All I wanted was soup and they have the best soup I’ve ever had. If you have to be sick on a Disney trip, this was definitely the best place to be. Animal Kingdom is my favorite park and AKL is like having a room there.

Pros:

Animals, landscaping, food

Reviewed by sydneyhum Review Date: 06/09/2020

This was the first Disney resort I ever stayed at. It is full of Disney magic, but it is SOOOOO far. Seeing the animals on the Savanna was awesome. If you want a more relaxed trip and will spend a lot of the time at your resort then it is worth it, but if you just want a resort to rest your head after a long day at the parks, choose a more convenient resort.

Pros:

beautiful, great views, good size rooms

Cons:

30+ minute bus rides

Reviewed by AnnaB Review Date: 05/11/2020

Perfect hotel with a mix of Disney-quality service and authentic African style

Pros:

the animals, good pool, amazing dining options, very nice rooms

Cons:

long walk to our room through the hallways

Reviewed by disneylover1209 Review Date: 04/06/2020

best memories are made here.

Pros:

the funnest hotel ever and pools are awesome, rooms are awesome.

Cons:

a little expensive

Reviewed by WDWHort Review Date: 04/06/2020

Savana room or bust. It’s that simple if you don’t have a savanna view room this resorts big con isn’t worth it.

Pros:

Savanna room views. Food also is amazing.

Cons:

Location Location Location. It is so so far to any other park other than Animal Kingdom. It hurts because everything else is amazing.

Reviewed by superpats Review Date: 03/29/2020

I thought this was super great! We got there very late, was given a room very close by as CM saw we were exhausted, and the room was perfect.

Pros:

Its nice to a have savannah view room, however with some creative walking around, I had coffee with the giraffes about 20 feet from me. The cast members at the service desk were absolutely fantastic and helpful, just what you want for a guest service experience

Cons:

Can't think of one at this time