Reviews of Polynesian Village Resort (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/23/2021

Loved the resort and atmosphere but it lacked a lot of food options. Only had polynesian/tropical food which is not the best for picky eaters.

Pros:

close to MK, beautiful resort, great atmosphere

Cons:

lack of food choices

Reviewed by DrSeekersDinoPuppet Review Date: 02/10/2021

Beach views of Magic Kingdom and Happily Ever After audio pumped in onto the beach? With rum-spiked dole whip? With the option to eat at Ohana's and drink at Trader Sam's? With the monorail to Magic Kingdom and Epcot right there? This resort has it all, and unlike most deluxe resorts, is completely worth the price.

Pros:

Dole whip and Trader Sam's

Cons:

Très Expensive

Reviewed by Experiment626 Review Date: 02/08/2021

I really love the Polynesian. This is my family's home hotel. We always stay in the Moorea building, and I really love it. While I am waiting for my family to get ready, I read in the Mini lobby in the building. Its really nice, and super cozy. I love the beaches. Its a nice hotel. Its one of my favorite Disney hotels.

Pros:

You can see the fireworks from the pool. DOLE WHIPS. The beaches. Lots of room to run. Not far from MK. Its a Monorail resort.

Cons:

They are retheming it to Moana. Its easy to get lost

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/30/2021

It was amazing and would definitely want to go again

Pros:

Monorail, you can watch fireworks from the beach, good pool, nice showers.

Cons:

None that i can think of

Reviewed by JenGross Review Date: 11/10/2020

Best two days of my life! My son and I stayed here in January 2020 in a DVC studio, on rented points. We only stayed two nights, and unfortunately, we were pretty much stuck in the room since he had the flu. But what a place to be trapped in!
The grounds, ambiance, food, and room itself are amazing!

Pros:

Pineapple Lanai Trader Sam's Grog Grotto Monorail, boat, bus... take your pick! Grounds Theming Two showers/ sinks Sleeps 5 Pool slide Beach

Cons:

Price (but manageable if you rent DVC points AND go in the off-season)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/03/2020

This is the best resort at Disney world you should stay there especially if you are dvc member I like it

Pros:

Cons:

The food a kona cafe is getting worse

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/16/2020

Love Polynesian! One of my favorite Disney resorts. Amazing pool area and activities.. amazing dining, dole whip, quick monorail or boat ride to MK, beautiful rooms etc!! Could talk forever about Polynesian!!

Pros:

Beautiful pool area, great dining, easy access to Magic Kingdom, great theming

Cons:

All rooms are away from lobby and main building with food and shopping

Reviewed by RhinoRubicon Review Date: 03/16/2020

As awesome as advertised. Best room for us was Samoa first floor and the end of the hallway closest to the lagoon.

Pros:

Location, vibe, rooms

Cons:

Price

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/11/2019

The Polynesian Resort is the only hotel that my family have ever stayed in. From Webern my kids were 6-13. We wouldn’t stay anywhere else.

Pros:

Easy of stay from food, drinks, and access to parks. We never even waited for the bus only 5 minutes.

Cons:

Even though we register as 4 people in the room, we never get enough of all towels.i often had to call. We even tip!

Reviewed by TR Starnes Review Date: 06/13/2019

We had a standard view but it turned out to be lagoon view and we could see the Castle. Fantastic room - well appointed and spacious.

Pros:

Accommodations. Amenities. Restaurants on site.

Cons:

Price.