Reviews of Polynesian Village Resort (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by SNC Review Date: 04/30/2022

I have stayed at the Poly 4 times prior to this and absolutely loved it. I'm not sure who is now managing this resort, but it is no longer the Poly of the past. We arrived at the front of the hotel and were promptly ignored by the staff out front despite our obvious checking-in. We stood with all of our luggage and children, as staff members noticed us and then promptly ignored us. For $800 a night, my husband got to haul all of our luggage by himself to our room. Our refrigerator had remnants of food in it from previous hotel guests and the shelf in it kept collapsing when we would open it, spilling anything we had in it onto the floor. While the Moana theme is tastefully done in the new rooms, the rooms are definitely NOT designed for families with young children to stay. The hardwood floors have no carpeting or area rugs and I spent the better part of the trip mopping up water from the pool, water from bath time, water from the wheels of our stroller from Florida rainstorms after all of us realized how slippery the floor can get. After a long day in the parks our aching feet ached even more walking on these floors. The side tables are made entirely of some kind of heavy marble that little kids moving around the room in excitement could slam into and I had to repeatedly remind them to stay away from them. And the glass barn door on the bathtub made it a nightmare for me to reach through to give the kids a bath. On the rare occasion that I had a question, the front desk staff was often dismissive, patronizing, or downright rude depending on the time of day. In the gift shop downstairs, the young woman assisting me rolled her eyes at another cast member when I tried to use a visa gift card that wouldn't work the first time she swiped it. It worked the 2nd time she tried after I asked her to swipe it again. Bizarre. The best cast members we encountered worked at the Pineapple Lanai and the lifeguards the pools. It was not a magical stay, and quite frankly, the pandemic is not the excuse at the Poly. It is obviously a poor management and poor training issue. It is beyond me how Disney can charge the price they do for this resort with the lack of service and congeniality that we encountered at what was once our favorite resort. As my husband lugged all of our luggage back all by himself again (bell services did not arrive after 40 minutes) at the end of our stay, we agreed that it would be a VERY long time before we stay here again, if ever.

Pros:

Oasis Pool, Pineapple Lanai, Quick and fun boat to MK

Cons:

Poor Service not living up a Deluxe Resort or Disney standard, Rooms are not designed for young families only couples, Dismissive Castmembers

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/28/2022

My mom booked us a room her for my senior trip and I just about cried when we arrived. I loved this resort so so much. From the food to the rooms to the plants around the resort this resort is amazing. The beach that faces Magic Kingdom was one of my favorite things about this resort.

Pros:

Beautiful, homey, and great food

Cons:

The only con is the price

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/20/2022

Terrible place to stay, bathroom BLACK mold, needed light bulbs, no turn down service.

Pros:

Overlooking parking space FROM balcony

Cons:

Room's we're musty smell AND run down. Breakfast reservations, 3 hours wait at 9am. Rude at front desk just asking for help.

Reviewed by Mariet Review Date: 02/22/2022

This resort is very beautiful! I loved being able to watch the fireworks from Magic Kingdom from the beach. Walking around at night was so cool with the tiki torches lit along the walkways. We actually got an upgrade to a DVC room, because we needed 2 beds and the first room only had one. The walk to the TTC was close and it was nice to hop on the ferry boat over the Magic Kingdom.

Pros:

Dole Whip, Beautiful Scenery

Cons:

The price

Reviewed by Hdhntrss Review Date: 02/09/2022

My family and I stayed on the Club level. I have stayed on the Club level at the Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge. Do not stay on the Club level here!! Waited 4 hours for our room to be ready. Had to carry our own luggage to the room! They couldn’t find our magic bands and when they did it took 3 days to get them to work!! No greeting or welcome package! The refrigerator on the Club level had Coke, Sprite and beer. Great things to give the kids for breakfast! Asked for bottled water and was told management did not want it given out but to give only tap water. Finally after much disgust they gave me 4 bottles from the locked closet! Food was disgusting!! Not sure if this is all fallout from COVID but not worth the money or comes even close to the other 2 hotels. AWFUL!!!!!

Pros:

Can’t think of anything. Oh wait, yes, the $7 ice cream pop and the $3 mini bag of chips!!

Cons:

They have no idea of how the Club level should be run!! Don’t waste your money!!! No thought put into the children. No milk or kids food unless your child wants to grab a coke or beer from the fridge!!!

Reviewed by skinewyork Review Date: 01/10/2022

If your trip consists of primarily Magic Kingdom and resort days, especially if you have young children, this is the resort for you. The ease of transport and multiple transportation options cannot be overstated as a plus. Five to ten minutes to and from the Magic Kingdom either by monorail or boat means it's easy to take a break in the middle of the day and still feel like you're getting your money's worth at the park. The theming is great for young families, especially compared to the other two monorail resorts (The Grand Floridian has a very upscale posh vibe, and the Contemporary is super modern and feels a lot more sterile). I wouldn't spend money on the theme park view room (I did), because the electric lights parade is easily visible from pretty much anywhere on the resort, and the fireworks are best seen from the beach where you can also hear the music. I recommend doing a monorail resort tour on a day you don't have park tickets, as the three monorail resorts are all unique and interesting and enjoyable to experience. The cast members were extremely helpful and went out of their way to give us a good experience every time we interacted with them, and there were plenty of them (possibly a perk to a deluxe resort?). The poolside activities were great for the kids, there were plenty of lounge chairs for all, the quick service food was more than adequate, and the room was LARGE. But. The PRICE!

Pros:

Proximity to Magic Kingdom and ease of transport there. Availability of multiple food options (a quick service, a highly themed lounge, a character meal dining option, another table service restaurant, and a cafe).

Cons:

Price! Unless multiple food options are a priority for you, the only reason you should stay here is if you're going to the Magic Kingdom multiple days AND you have young children.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/23/2021

Loved the resort and atmosphere but it lacked a lot of food options. Only had polynesian/tropical food which is not the best for picky eaters.

Pros:

close to MK, beautiful resort, great atmosphere

Cons:

lack of food choices

Reviewed by DrSeekersDinoPuppet Review Date: 02/10/2021

Beach views of Magic Kingdom and Happily Ever After audio pumped in onto the beach? With rum-spiked dole whip? With the option to eat at Ohana's and drink at Trader Sam's? With the monorail to Magic Kingdom and Epcot right there? This resort has it all, and unlike most deluxe resorts, is completely worth the price.

Pros:

Dole whip and Trader Sam's

Cons:

Très Expensive

Reviewed by Experiment626 Review Date: 02/08/2021

I really love the Polynesian. This is my family's home hotel. We always stay in the Moorea building, and I really love it. While I am waiting for my family to get ready, I read in the Mini lobby in the building. Its really nice, and super cozy. I love the beaches. Its a nice hotel. Its one of my favorite Disney hotels.

Pros:

You can see the fireworks from the pool. DOLE WHIPS. The beaches. Lots of room to run. Not far from MK. Its a Monorail resort.

Cons:

They are retheming it to Moana. Its easy to get lost

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/30/2021

It was amazing and would definitely want to go again

Pros:

Monorail, you can watch fireworks from the beach, good pool, nice showers.

Cons:

None that i can think of