Reviews of Caribbean Beach Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by MaggieHarpe Review Date: 01/16/2021

My husband and I stayed at CBR on a kid free WDW trip and we absolutely loved it! The room was quiet and comfortable, and the lobby was gorgeous and smelled fantastic. We enjoyed getting a quick breakfast at Centertown Market, and grabbing a snack and drink at Banana Cabana after a park day was the perfect way to end the day. It's close to the Riviera Resort so you can get a tasty and fast breakfast at Primo Piatto to change things up. We loved being able to utilize the skyliner too! The only negative thing I could say about it is that it is so spread out. If you have small kids with you or you don't want any extra walking this might not be the place for you. We didn't mind the extra steps in exchange for the privacy and quietness. We would definitely stay here again!

Pros:

Close to Riviera Resort. Skyliner access The SMELL!!! Quiet and relaxing vibe.

Cons:

Very spread out.

Reviewed by wadki249 Review Date: 01/12/2021

I returned 1/11/21 after a week at CBR. This is the third time I've stayed in CBR. I've also spent a week in All Stars Movies and the GF on a concierge floor so I know both ends of the spectrum. This was my first visit since the introduction of the skyliner and I had requested a room near the hub. CBR is getting very shabby. It needs an update. The room was clean but beat up. The cover on the box spring droops. The cover on the facial tissue box in the bathroom is falling apart. The walls have scrapes and dings. Limited mousekeeping means you see unmade beds all day, everyday, unless you make them yourself. They don't have covers really, just a white sheet and lightweight white blanket so they still won't look much better. Extra toilet paper is in the closet in the main room which won't be much comfort if you are in the bathroom when you run out. I requested, and was told I had, a room without a fifth sleeper, but I did not, which meant I had almost no place to put clothes away so they got stacked on the bench. If I can figure out how to complain I will. However, the room was comfortable, the grounds neat, and skyliner access easy. For me, this is the perfect resort.

Pros:

Skyliner access. For me, getting to EPCOT is more important than getting to Old Port Royale so I request a room near the hub. The internal bus comes every 15 minutes. From many CBR buildings it's just as easy to consider the Riviera when looking for quick food or shopping locations.

Cons:

Looking shabby. Food on property very limited. Plan ahead. No bagels and cream cheese, for instance.

Reviewed by HeartBreakKris Review Date: 01/06/2021

I’ve stayed here multiple times. Both with my parents, and with my friends (in our twenties). Everyone was happy with it! Although it is spread out, every room only takes a handful of steps to see the nearby waterways. The pirate rooms are a lot of fun. If you’ve had a good day & good company, the long-ish walks are a great time to reflect on what you enjoy about being at Walt Disney World. The cast members have been tremendously helpful

Pros:

Great views, skyliner, moderate pricing, good for family or friends trip

Cons:

Some long walks might be difficult to someone who needs assistance. No elevators. The bus system having to go between all the buildings isn’t ideal

Reviewed by Mkov824 Review Date: 12/21/2020

This resort is huge but you can easily navigate it if you are prepared. We weren't planning on spending much time in our room and this made it very adequate for our visit.

Pros:

Location, location, location...our room was in the Aruba section. We were conveniently located less then a block from the section pool and the section bus stop. We were able to mobile order from the Riviera, which was closer than our lobby. Also the sky liner was right there! Bus tip...since it is the last stop, take the inner resort bus to the first stop for Magic and Animal Kingdoms. Plenty of outlets, both USB and standard, for charging!

Cons:

The room felt dated even though they were recently updated. The outlet for our coffee maker was broken. And, in this time of Covid, the Coke refill machine and ice machine were closed. Noticeable cracks and a maintenance door was always ajar.

Reviewed by astrosally Review Date: 12/10/2020

Loved it! We stayed in Martinique, so we could either walk to either skyliner station nearby (in the Caribbean Resort and in Riviera). We used mobile order for the centertown market, which could get busy at times but they had plenty of outdoor seating or we just took our food back to our room. The main pool is fun but can be crowded, so the smaller pools are a great option for relaxing. We liked the drinks at the Banana Cabana, and the gift shop had a pretty great selection. I’d read about negative experiences with the room showers, but our shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure, no issues for us.

Pros:

Lots of space, beautiful views across the water, easy access to skyliner, sandy beaches, pools

Cons:

Rooms might be a bit small for families, cost of parking

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/25/2020

We stayed here during our trip this past September and thoroughly enjoyed it even with all the COVID restrictions. We were in Barbados (closest to Port Royal) so it was very easy to cross the parking lot to get to the main bus stop in the mornings. This location made for a rather long walk to the skyliner though but still not too bad. The room itself was great with the 5th sleeper. As a family of 5 (mom, dad and 3 littles)we still had plenty of space to move around. Yes, the bathroom was small (the room with the toilet and tub) but who’s gonna spend a lot of time there? I loved how the sinks were separated from the main sleeping area with the sliding doors which allowed us to keep the bathroom light on at night and keep the doors slightly open to use as a night light. The food options were good for us (the eggs at breakfast- not so much) but everything else we had was delicious. The main pool was amazing!!! And my kids loved the kiddie splash area with the pirate ship. I would definitely stay here again during future Disney trips

Pros:

Great pool, good food, larger property which allows for a more peaceful vacation escape

Cons:

Large property that can give your Fitbit a workout depending on which “island” your room is located

Reviewed by MLC1028 Review Date: 11/22/2020

This review is from my visit with my 19 year old daughter September 20-25, 2020. I upgraded to CBR and so glad! We were in Martanique in a corner room building 24. The room was clean and plenty of room for the two of us. The corner room is recommended because of two windows which we decorated with lights. Building 24 was close to the first bus stop of the resort. Super close to Riveria Resort. Not that bad of a walk to the main Skyliner hub. The grounds were well kept. Fun little geckos running around. The day we checked in we had a late lunch at Banana Cabana! Yes...do get the classic Banana Cabana drink and jerk chicken sandwich. Yum! The Marketplace was the only other place to get food due to closures. The fish tacos were very good. Loved the Caribbean themed lobby area! I heard this resort got a bad rating for moderate resorts but I disagree. I would return and recommend! I also need to mention we ran into Molly from AllEars. Highlight of our trip. Love you, Molly!

Pros:

Great value, clean rooms, quiet, close to transportation

Cons:

Needs some updates in rooms

Reviewed by ginnyb322 Review Date: 11/20/2020

We had such a fun stay here! I was impressed by the food offerings- there were unique Carribbean-themed options as well as standard resort fare. Our stay ended just as the Christmas crowds began, and bus transportation became an issue. There are so many bus stops and depending on where your bus stop is, you may get skipped over if the bus is too full. We followed the advice of some repeat CB guests and used the bus stop by the main entrance and am so glad we did because the buses were full after just two stops! The resort is massive so there will be lots of walking, which does not personally bother me but something to consider. Our room was great and comfortably slept 5 adults, which was so convenient! I would happily stay here again.

Pros:

Good food offerings, immersive theming, great room options

Cons:

Bus transportation during peak seasons, size of resort is overwhelming

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/20/2020

Nice resort, like the pastel colors of the buildings . Great pool.

Pros:

Pool, skyliner, moderate pricing, quieter than value resorts.

Cons:

Maybe too much walking for some people

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/18/2020

Nostalgia from going here as a child I decided to return taking the kids for the first time. It was a great stay it was nice to sit in a hammock with a cocktail after a day round the park. Hotel had a relaxed feel not to busy when we went in May. Main pool was preferred option and restaurant did the job. The room was satisfactory it was just a place to sleep and was clean and spacious enough again good enough if you are out all day.

Pros:

Feels tropical

Cons:

Large complex