Reviews of Caribbean Beach Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by Katleen52 Review Date: 09/16/2021

I spent a solo trip in July at CBR. This is the 4th time I have stayed there. I love the look and feel of the resort. The main pool area is wonderful for families and I really appreciated the village pools which are never quite as busy. The only drawback to CBR is bus service and stops. If you are in a room on the end of the loop, you may have to stand heading to the parks. The staff are wonderful and so very helpful. Also make sure to take pictures f the resort at night. It is one of the most beautiful.

Pros:

Atmosphere, Staff and Skyliner

Cons:

Spread out and can be a little overwhelming.

Reviewed by RobS Review Date: 09/14/2021

Just got back from a week at CBR. This had everything I needed, peace and quiet, great internet (had to work some of the time), great food over at Centertown. The transportation, be it bus to Disney Springs or Magic Kingdom, was super efficient and easy to access. Skyliner was fantastic and so convenient. This moderate hotel hits the sweet spot on luxury and price.

Pros:

My hotel hotel was 100's less than a deluxe room, and the only thing I didn't have was quite the eating options. But honestly, I ate every breakfast at Centertown, and most dinners as well, and I never ran out of options. And the quality of the food was off the chart. And the unlimited drink machine outside my door was such a treat!

Cons:

No cons for me. But I was traveling alone and maybe easier to please than some.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/11/2021

Absolutely gorgeous resort, We were in Aruba building 52 and nothing was too far of a walk. We were a 90 second walk away the quiet pool & laundry. We were a 4 min walk away from the skyliner/Rivera resort and about a 5 min walk away from the Centertown. The entire staff was very helpful and made vacation easy. Pools are all amazing and what a difference the Skyliner makes for Transportation. We didn't mind the food court (get the avocado toast for breakfast).Sebastian's Bistro was one of our favorite Disney meals ever. Location can't be beat with the Skyliner. It opens up all sorts of options food and entertainment when you need to branch out from this resort.

Pros:

Beautiful Resort with Pools, Skyliner & Sebastian's Bistro.

Cons:

Bus Transportation makes many stops.(Take Rivera Bus if in Aruba) Rooms in need of refurbishment.

Reviewed by ZoeyandRory Review Date: 09/06/2021

Beautiful grounds and lovely main pool area, but it's so big. The rooms are quite small and basic - compared to what you could get at this price staying offsite, the rooms are disappointing. Plenty parking and good walkways to Skyliner and Riviera Resort. Dining options aren't the best.

Pros:

Great pool

Cons:

Dining options not the best.

Reviewed by MollysBiggestFans Review Date: 08/30/2021

Fun resort with lots to do and explore. The skyliner adds a whole new dimension to getting around to parks and other resorts super easily. We stayed for a week and it was awesome. Once you get used to the size, it's not bad.

Pros:

-lots of swimming options -skyliner -lots of bus stops

Cons:

-HUGE, lots of walking -Rooms need renovation -Can be confusing navigating

Reviewed by HotRods70 Review Date: 08/29/2021

My wife and I went to WDW in May 2021. We wanted to stay on property so we wouldn't need to rent a car, and we wanted to stay at a resort on the mid tier level. We (I) did a lot of research and planning for this trip as it would be the most we had ever spent on a vacation, and that includes Hawaii. We eventually decided that CBR would be the best for us with access to the SkyLiner to two parks. When I booked the trip I put in the requests are ground floor and closer to the SkyLiner. Upon arival we had to wait a while for our room to populate on the app, when it did we were assigned in the Martinique section. We decided, using sugetions from AE Net, to go to the desk and inquire about a room change. We explained we had requested to be in the Barbados section, and knew that it was not guaranteed, and knew it might not be possible to move us closer to the SkyLiner. The Cast member made a phone call and came back to us just a few minutes later with a room change for us, she had put us in Barbados in a water view room, she explained she wasn't able to do ground foor though. Goes to show that they go above and beyond to make magic happen, though understanding and politness helps. She got a glowing review from us. The room we had was not yet renovated so had capet and no underbed storage, but it was clean and roomy, the beds were very comforable. We liked the fact that the different areas had their own pools to relax, though the main pool and pool bar were at the main building which was a hike. The room was perfecty quiet, we never heard our neighbors except walking by outside. The food was OK, the only food service open when we were there was the quich service and pool bar. Sebastian's Bistro had not reopened yet. We would stay there again.

Pros:

Close to SkyLiner for 2 park access. Good sized rooms. Breakfast potatoes were amazing! Cast members make magic!

Cons:

THe only real complaint is the resort is HUGE! As in covers a lot of ground and it's all walking. If you aren't up to possibly doing a lot more walking after the parks you might want to coose another option.

Reviewed by KSteele Review Date: 07/14/2021

1. Caribbean Beach is for you if you enjoy sipping frozen cocktails by a pool or beach. 2. Request Jamaica. It is first off the bus, and first on the bus (to get a seat). Note, if a bus is full, it doesn't continue to the other neighborhoods, it goes straight to the park. Jamaica is close to the skyliner too. 3. The map makes the resort look bigger than it actually is; walking to food was not a problem, because you enjoy the beautiful tropical paradise all around you. 4. When you mobile order, say you are there, then walk to Centertown. 5. It was raining when we arrived. So we-- and our bags--used a complimentary resort van, which drove us straight to our room.

Pros:

1) There is a tropical oasis in the center of the park. 2) It is the skyliner hub; if you are staying anywhere else on the skyliner path, you'll have to get off at Caribbean Beach, so might as well start there. 3) If you miss your pets, there are hundreds of tiny lizards to cross your path on your way to the food. They're cute--and they eat the bugs! So no bugs except millipedes. 4) Rum! In many forms, even a flight (which was great).

Cons:

1. Millipedes kept getting into our 1st floor room. But they have cute smiley faces, which I didn't know bugs could have. 2. Food choices are limited for lunch and dinner, especially if you don't eat seafood. 3. Store did not have much resort merchandise.

Reviewed by bluecoat96 Review Date: 07/06/2021

My family and I really enjoyed staying here. I liked the fact that there isn't over the top Disney theming. We stayed in a preferred room, so being close to Old Port Royale was really nice. We will most likely stay here every time we come back. We loved Molly's review. She is the bees knees as far as everything Disney is concerned!

Pros:

Proximity to the skyliner. Oasis away from the insane amount of Disney theming.

Cons:

Limited food options at center town market, and no spyglass grill due to that darn COVID-19!

Reviewed by Caligrl707 Review Date: 06/29/2021

This was my first time staying on Disney property. We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort for 11 nights. We stayed in a 5th sleeper room and felt like there was adequate space for my family. The rooms felt a bit dated and the bathroom is tiny. However, the two sinks are located in a separate room from the toilet and tub/shower, which did make it easier for multiple people to get ready in the morning. The main pool is amazing, but be prepared because it is packed from morning until closing time at night. Each different village has a leisure pool, but these can also get busy and they are not themed. The only places for food while we were there was Centertown Market, which is the quick service location, and Banana Cabana, the quick service pool bar serving drinks and bites. The food was nothing very impressive, however you are very close to Riviera Resort and the dining choices available there for more variety. For us, being on the skyliner route made it all worth it! The ease of travel between Caribbean Beach Resort, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios is such a timesaver. We never had to wait over 10 minutes for a gondola while the skyliner was running. With that being said, be prepared to find alternate transportation if there is rain or thunderstorms because the skyliners will stop running, sometimes for extended periods and you will then have to take a bus. This can be challenging at Epcot if the weather is looking like it might storm because you can't really tell if the skyliner is running until you are almost out of the park on the International Gateway side. If you find it is not running once you get back there, it is quite the trek back to the front of the park and the bus stops there. Buses do not generally run to Epcot or Hollywood Studios if the skyliner is running. On a positive note, we never had to wait over about 15 minutes for buses to the other parks and Disney Springs.

Pros:

The skyliner! Easy travel to Epcot and Hollywood Studios Lobby smells amazing! Grounds are beautiful 5th sleeper

Cons:

Travel to Epcot and Hollywood Studios more challenging if storms are near Very large resort Not enough food options People who are afraid of heights may not want to ride in the skyliner and it's pretty much the only way to get to two parks

Reviewed by YodaBest3521 Review Date: 06/28/2021

We thoroughly enjoyed our honeymoon in Aruba at the Caribbean Beach. Every night we would get a different cocktail at the pool bar and they were ALL super tasty. The overall ambiance is great and the theming outside definitely gives you tropical vibes. The proximity to the skyliner is great although it was down two times during our week stay due to maintenance. We would recommend it to those who want some tropical vacation vibes!

Pros:

Pool Bar, Theming, Individual pools/beaches for each country, Skyliner

Cons:

Walking, Skyliner is sometimes down