Reviews of Caribbean Beach Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/12/2021

Stayed here in November 2020 and wished I was at Pop Century (where I normally stay) the whole time. Yes the convenience of the Skyliner hub and the Joffrey's coffee stand right across the street from my room were great but it couldn't make up for the overall old and dirty feeling of this resort..not to mention the damp feeling and dusky smell thanks to the carpets on a particularly humid day. The bathroom left everything to be desired and the shower sounded like it was preparing for lift off every time we used it. Overall this just feels old and dated. Hopefully this one is up for refurbishment soon- I won't stay again until it's refurbished. You're better off at Pop or another moderate resort for the money.

Pros:

Skyliner access

Cons:

Carpeted rooms Very large size In need of a remodel Poor quality bathrooms

Reviewed by iflagum Review Date: 03/14/2021

Great resort with a sky glider!

Pros:

The whole atmosphere. We always try and stay in Jamaica.

Cons:

Lots of walking. The big pool could use some love.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/13/2021

Caribbean Beach has been our favorite resort for the past 20 years. It was like taking two vacations in one with the cool island vibe. We LOVED vacationing there. We were there a few times throughout the building of the Riviera and Skyliner. Our excitement was out of this world to visit with all the construction completed. Yikes! I am sad to tell you the cool island vibes and beauty of this resort has changed remarkably. It is still a very nice resort with an amazing, fun pool. But, the view around the lake is not as relaxing or beautiful as before. Now, the constant movement of the skyliner and the clear view of an unrelated resort make it busier and clearly it has lost the Island vibe. I am sad CB is not the resort I fell in love with, but you will still have a very nice stay.

Pros:

Fun Theme, music, friendly staff, pool

Cons:

Skyliner is sky graffiti (in my opinion....I love the Skyliner....)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/05/2021

Im rating this going here before the pandemic, and as a kid, so yeah.
Me, my siblings, and my parents went here in December 2019. This was our first time and it was pretty cool.

The rooms were pretty okay. They were like your average hotel rooms, but a bit upgraded. There are no elevators, so if you’re traveling with somebody who has a wheelchair, choose a first floor room or a different resort. We stayed in Barbados near the pool, resturants, lobby, and skyliner. If you want to be near it all, you should mainly get Barbados, but Martinique would be another option.

The food was amazing. Sebastian’s was really good. This isn’t the restaurant for picky eaters. There isn’t a lot of chicken fingers and pasta on this list. But the bread with the jams is good. The grab and go area is quick and easy, it’s pretty much like a mini grocery store. The Centertown Market serves food like Mickey Waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, stuff like that.

The transportation was pretty okay. The skyliner really helped because Hollywood Studios and Epcot were really close on the skyliner. Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will take a while, considering they are limiting buses now, but you should be fine

Overall, this is an amazing resort, especially if somebody in your party loves the Caribbean or pirates!

Pros:

Everything but the cons

Cons:

The resort is really big, which means it’s gonna take a while to get a bus, no elevators, not a lot of options for picky eaters.

Reviewed by MommaMouseof6 Review Date: 02/25/2021

We stayed here in 2019 as a family of 5.5 (I was pregnant with baby number 6). We had a preferred room so we were close to the pool and the lobby. Food was pretty good at Centertown Market. Sebastian’s was AMAZING!! As someone who has a seafood allergy, they took great care of me. We had a 5th sleeper room and the kids loved it so much. We didn’t stay at HS or Epcot for fireworks but we saw them every night from our room! We had the DDP and had so much left over we bought all the snacks to take home, loved the gift shop. We got a backpack and it broke, we took it to them and they replaced it for us! Hello Disney magic. We are staying here again in May 2022. We didn’t wait more than 5-7 mins for a bus. Our room was between 2 different stops so we had a choice of bus stops. I didn’t think the bus ride to or from the parks was long but we were soaking up the Disney magic.

Pros:

Close to pool, close to lobby and food, see fireworks from resort

Cons:

The size of the resort is big but we didn’t mind.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/18/2021

We go here every year to Disney . I ha e stayed at all the places . I like ALL Star Resorts and Caribbean Resort . Ask for handicap room and you will get a bigger room with pull out bed . You ha w to order food all on line and go to pick it up . They text you when it’s ready . Was not told about this . Many people are upset about this .Or you can go down to cafeteria and order . All other restaurants are closed here at resort . Food in Expensive . Egg, two saugages , two bacon ,very small waffle hasbrowns $12. We went to Walmart and bought cereal , milk , muffins other wise you will spend a ton of money . Restaurants in Downtown Disney are all reservations just about . So you have to call and plan you trip and reservation right when you get her. Have
to wear mask everywhere . Disney parks same thing . You can not just walk on kinda things like use to be . 23-26 buildings are closest to food court so you should request those

Pros:

Big room Nice Beech Hammocks Very Quiet Good music by pool Food is served fast after you get it Big Shower Lots of towels in rooms

Cons:

Room carpet smells like Pee No Microwave Pool people keep telling you mask over your nose Need bigger frig Got here 11 am waited till 3 pm check out .

Reviewed by PoorNanaPoorFather Review Date: 02/10/2021

Beautiful resort. Underrated. Fantastic location. Good pool. Friendly staff. It is a quiet resort and a nice respite from the parks. I know some people don't like the large size, but that is not really a con for me. I enjoy walking, and I prefer to be far from the lobby or main buildings. Banana Cabana has great food and drinks by the pool, and Sebastian's has really good food.

Pros:

The location is great and it has the Skyliner. It has pirate themed rooms. Martinique has views of the fireworks, the beach, and Jamaica. The Jamaica building has views of the pool, the hotel, and the Riviera.

Cons:

Size and a lot of bus stops. The bus to Animal Kingdom is fine, but I might ride share to the Magic Kingdom.

Reviewed by DrSeekersDinoPuppet Review Date: 02/10/2021

This resort really does have it all. You’re on the skyliner which takes you to both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios, and aren’t too far from DAK or Magic as well. You get some fantastic cute little beaches and are able to see fireworks from both Hollywood AND EPCOT from the resort. On top of that, Sebastians is amazing. For a moderate, it doesn’t get much better than the CBR!

Pros:

Great location and skyliner hub

Cons:

Pretty large area can make it tough for guests and the pirate rooms are FAR from the lobby

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/08/2021

Love this resort!

Pros:

Rooms, food, scenery, Skyliner

Cons:

Large resort, lots of walking.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/02/2021

The resort is beautiful. The Banana Cabana was nice for a drink and a quick snack. We knew that the resort was huge and that meant lots of walking. There is an internal bus that help ease the distance. We had a nightmare experience with the Sky Liner to Epcot. As seasoned Disney travelers we are well acquainted with the transportation systems. We took the sky liner to Epcot...it stops in the area of France..:towards the end of the night, we wanted a few more rides on Spaceship earth. I’m a grandmother and my knees and feet were hurting. Sooooo, we thought we’d take the bus back to resort... but NOOOOOOO... no busses to the Caribbean any more. We then decided to call a Mears cab...No, again ... not possible...so, we’d go back to France and take the Sky Liner ....: no again. Couldn’t re-enter..:so my granddaughter started to cry.l. We were stuck at Epcot all night. Well, eventually a bus person called out a bus to take people back to Dolphin and us to the Caribbean... I called the manager and I told him that people need to be told that the sky liner wax the ONLY option to return to the four resorts that it services. The manager comped our room for one night. Great customer service ... I will definitely return to the Caribbean. Also, the breakfast was inedible. All thrown in a box and was cold. After the covid restrictions, I’m sure I will improve. The breakfast at the Riviera was FANTASTIC. Best meal that we had. Quite $$$$$ but we’ll worth it.

Pros:

Beautiful, great customer service, Banana Cabana drinks and nachos, pools, the Sky Liner,... everything perfect except the food at the mobile ordering grocer.

Cons:

It’s quite a trek to walk from room to lobby. Check out the location before booking.