Reviews of Contemporary Resort (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by ccooney1307 Review Date: 02/17/2021

We stayed in the Garden wing which we loved! We adored being away from the hustle and bustle and noise of the main tower and being right next to the pool. Also being able to simply walk home from magic kingdom with sleeping kids in the stroller was a dream !

Pros:

Walk to magic kingdom and monorail to epcot which are awesome perks for those traveling with strollers !

Cons:

It doesnt have much of a theme to it. My kids said it reminded them of the airport.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2020

Iconic, convenient, fun atmosphere with great views. Huge remodeled rooms.

Pros:

Walk to Magic Kingdom, great snack food, fireworks view,monorail!!!!

Cons:

Too much fun!!

Reviewed by Scon8807 Review Date: 12/15/2020

The contemporary is a beautiful resort seated right beside Bay lake for an amazing view. It's a short 5 minute walk from the magic kingdom and it's a monorail resort. You do need to take buses to the other parks which can be a little rough as you may have to deal with excessive noise when exhausted on the way back from the parks. There are a large number of activities to partake in such as boating, walking trails, and the electric water parade which was a wonderful surprise for us. The resort is not as themed as others so it does come off slightly plain compared to other resorts. I did get to eat at the wave for breakfast and it was an amazing breakfast buffet and I are at chef mickeys which was good but not quite as good imo. The pool was nice but not very quiet. I would gladly come back and stay here again.

Pros:

Close to magic kingdom. On the monorail route. Lots to do Beautiful view Lots of good food choices

Cons:

Buses to other parks Not much theming Very pricey

Reviewed by Corinnas Review Date: 12/07/2020

The tower at Contemporary is my favorite. I have also stayed in the garden part of Contemporary and is great but in my opinion nothing beats the view (we stayed theme park side not lake). The fireworks from our room were fantastic. Disney knows how to do Fireworks. The ambiance of this resort is wonderful. I love the costumes of the cast members. I love the rooms. I love the food court-they have this lime chicken that is simply delicious. I love the pool and slide. We took a boat out and had so much fun. Have I said how much I love this resort and I do recommend if you can stay in the tower on the theme park side do it. Also, you can walk to Magic Kingdom or take the monorail. We walked. It’s that close. To me you can’t go wrong with Contemporary.

Pros:

Walk to Magic Kingdom Food court has some delicious meals Theme park side Fireworks view from room Rooms are great

Cons:

Chef Mickey’s-not the best food but great atmosphere and characters. (Not sure what they are doing now.

Reviewed by Laurie000 Review Date: 07/27/2020

This is a great place to stay esp. if you have younger kids. We did Chef Mickeys several times because our kids (both under 7) were THRILLED meeting the characters there. You have a short walk to/from MK if the monorail is busy. Shops are fun with lots to choose. The rooms are "ok"...there are very few drawers (drawback if you are there for over 4 days) And the bathroom space is a joke! They should have done ONE sink to give you room for your stuff. There is NO space due to extra un-needed sink. We mainly stay here due to location to MK. Great pool, & can see the Water pageant & fireworks from this hotel. The monorail is great to visit the Poly or Grand Floridian!!

Pros:

Can walk to Magic Kingdom - California Grill - Monorail

Cons:

No counter space in bathroom. Very few drawers for clothes

Reviewed by Ponchoselmore Review Date: 07/20/2020

Stayed here Re-Opening weekend for 2 nights. We typically stay at the Poly, but couldn't get a room there with our last minute plans. The Contemporary is nice, but the decor is very dated and it needs a refurb. Our room was comfortable and the view from the balcony was exquisite. The bathroom was ridiculous though. There's absolutely no counter space. There's two large, very shallow sinks with nowhere to sit your stuff. It's always muggy in the hotel as soon as you step out of your room. It's just not a place for us.

Pros:

location

Cons:

very dated, poorly configured bathrooms, so-so restaurants

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/07/2020

Beautiful hotel with monorail in middle that is kid friendly

Pros:

Nice pool and amenities, access to monorail and walking distance to magic kingdom, kid friendly

Cons:

Toooooooooo expensive

Reviewed by sanopa10 Review Date: 02/24/2020

my husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. it was my husband's first time staying on property and we absolutely loved it. it has a great location to the magic kingdom and monorail. on our arrival day, we were checking out the Contempo Café and found this amazing peanut butter pie that sadly we couldn't find the rest of our trip I would highly recommend it if its there. every night at about 9:30 the electric water pageant will circle the lake and its a really cool thing to watch. every time we would leave for the day we would come back to a different towel art we got a dog, swan, elephant, and a shirt with tie it was the coolest. the contemporary has easy accessibility to 2 close parks and 3 other hotels. you could easily spend a couple of days exploring close hotels.

Pros:

close to the magic kingdom, monorail, super clean, electric water pageant

Cons:

it's far from Hollywood studios and animal kingdom. chef mickeys is loud if your room is neer by

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/22/2020

We stayed for a week on November 2019. The room was amazing. Beds comfortable. Housekeeping kept our rooms very clean & tidy.

Pros:

Close to Magic Kingdom. Monorail access definitely a plus.

Cons:

Bus took forever to get to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 11/04/2019

Although we love the Contemporary and always stay there, I was a little disappointed last week that my room wasn't quite as clean as I've experienced in the past. There was a smudge of something sticky on the underside of the glass desk that was there when we arrived and still there when we left. It won't stop me from staying there -- it's my favorite! I'm sure if I'd mentioned it, the whole room would have had a thorough cleaning ...

Pros:

Location, room size, everything

Cons:

Price ...