Reviews of Contemporary Resort (Deluxe Resort)

A Disney Deluxe Resort on the monorail in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit:: http://allears.net/acc/faq_con.htm

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 11/04/2019

Although we love the Contemporary and always stay there, I was a little disappointed last week that my room wasn't quite as clean as I've experienced in the past. There was a smudge of something sticky on the underside of the glass desk that was there when we arrived and still there when we left. It won't stop me from staying there -- it's my favorite! I'm sure if I'd mentioned it, the whole room would have had a thorough cleaning ...

Pros:

Location, room size, everything

Cons:

Price ...

Reviewed by Judyb Review Date: 04/18/2019

Contemporary is Great

Pros:

Walk to Magic Kingdom, Clean, plenty of room, fun hotel, monorail rides through. Chef Mickeys, great pool, boat ride around lake,

Reviewed by ChristopherLSU Review Date: 04/17/2019

Best resort I've ever stayed in. View of the fireworks every night is worth every penny.

Pros:

View, Monorail, Clean

Cons:

No Contemporary shirts for sale in gift shops.

Reviewed by JAL Review Date: 04/17/2019

This is my favorite resort. It is on the monorail and also a short walk to the MK. The rooms are large and it is the home of Chef Mickeys.

Pros:

monorail resort, large rooms, walking distance to MK, Chef Mickeys, friendly cast members

Cons:

some wait time when checking in due to room not being ready

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

Stayed in a garden wing room. Was a little bit of a walk to the main building but loved the peace and quiet. Liked watching the fireworks from the balcony by the gift shop. sinks are a little strange, inside of sink is flat so not all of the water drains very fast.

Pros:

can walk into mk good eating places

Cons:

monorail service not dependable

Reviewed by Mike Review Date: 09/30/2018

The resort and service are awesome. We stayed here on our fist trip to Walt Disney World and it helped us fall in love with Disney World. The location is super convenient and having the monorail station is very helpful as well. Our first trip was for a work trip so the hotel was paid for. Due to the price, we will probably never be able to stay there again.

Pros:

Theme, service, food, location, monorail, fireworks viewing, water parade

Cons:

Cost

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 09/29/2018

We booked 2 Garden Wing rooms for 2 nights in early June. The rooms are spacious, modern and extremely clean. Our rooms were adjoining and had views of landscaping and the pool. This resort is fabulous! It's the only resort with walking ability to the MK. There are many dining options and the grounds are beautiful. You can also watch the fireworks from this resort as well as the Electric Water Parade.

Pros:

Proximity to the Magic Kingdom and dining options.

Reviewed by Becky B Review Date: 09/26/2018

We stayed here for a week in April 2018 in the A tower. Had a lake pool view out the back sliding door/balcony, a view of Chef Mickey's out the front door. We all thought it was the most magical place we've ever stayed. We were on floor 5 - had a pretty good bird's eye view of Chef Mickey's but never heard any noise from inside our room. And every morning before setting off to the parks, we all had to pause and watch the kids below dancing and interacting with the characters. *LOVE* Loved also being able to walk into Magic Kingdom. Loved walking past Space Mountain every morning. Loved eating at and watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the California Grill (fabulous, BTW). Beds were very comfortable, the room itself was roomy, staff were friendly and efficient. This resort is on the expensive side, we certainly won't be able to stay here every visit to WDW - but we would choose this resort every time if we could afford it. Oh, and the lobby smells so good. Highly recommend.

Pros:

Location, beds, pool, views, cleanliness, shops, restaurants

Cons:

Price

Reviewed by mkymouse4ever Review Date: 07/13/2018

We stayed at the CR for 12 nites 6/22 > 7/4. We had tower theme park view. We where just to the right of the center of the resort. Our view was totally amazing. The room was clean, and perfect. Beds very comfortable. Noticed the tv is now gigantic compared to our last stay.
Only issue we had was really parking. They shut the main lot in front of the tower closed 2 different times during our visit. No notice was given. No reason was given. My family member has a handicapp placard > and NO extra HC parking was available to tower. They did not designate any new area which we could use > other than the suggestion of valet parking. I really do not like valet parking, especially after watching them park cars the first day. They told us the first time, was due to construction. They closed lot on friday and construction was 1 day on monday. But, no one could use the lot in the mean time. 2nd time was july 2 cause of a large party in convention center (or thats my guess) also people parking and going to mk. main lot was totally closed. till after the 4th. Now for the price you pay at CR for tower tpv. appropriate parking should be available. Only other HC parking was over at south tower had about 8 spots and should be used for people in south tower. The BLT has some by there door too but these are NOT convient for someone who can only walk a limited amount.

Pros:

location location location

Reviewed by kelallie Review Date: 06/11/2018

I stayed 1 night on May 31, in a garden view room on the first floor, room #6114. My view was of Bay Lake. I was close to the pool. My walk from the room to the tower and to MK was not long at all. The room was very large as was the bathroom. Room could easily accommodate 5 adults, or at least 4 adults and a child. The bed was probably the most comfortable on property. CMs were very friendly and helpful. I checked in around noon and waited about 20 minutes until my room was ready. Bell services quickly delivered my bags. It is a very quick walk over to MK.

I went to Contempo Café for breakfast and it was standard grab and go fare. I had dinner at The Wave. It was good, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again, though it may have been what I ordered.

The views from CR are breathtaking. I woke up early to see the sunrise over Bay Lake and MK. I was able to get great photos from the Tower balcony.

If you have the chance to stay here, definitely go for it. I've put off staying here because of the decor, but I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely go again.

Pros:

Location