Reviews of Contemporary Resort (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by CatherineattheCastle Review Date: 06/22/2022

Most of my family have agreed that the Contemporary is their favorite hotel. I know that not everyone will like the 'Incredibles' refurb on the rooms, but I think it looks good and fits the vibe of the resort. There is easy access to the monorail (just an elevator and escalator ride away!) and you can easily walk to MK from the hotel (~10 mins. walk). At night, you can watch the MK fireworks from an observation deck and if you're lucky enough to get a park-facing room, you can see the castle and Space Mountain! You also get views of the water parade at night.

Pros:

Easy access to monorail, walking distance to MK, water activities, great view of park and fireworks

Cons:

Not everyone will like the 'Incredibles' refurb, monorail runs right through hotel and can be loud, rooms in the main building have to deal with foot traffic below, constant music from Chef Mickey's

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/05/2022

Great Resort. Location is excellent!!! Something about monorail running through it, just can't be beat. Recommend.

Pros:

Proximity to MK, Monorail, Best gift shop, and Great dining options.

Reviewed by -36- Review Date: 06/04/2022

We stayed at the Contemporary after the refurbishment. We opted for a theme park view and, for us, it was totally worth it. We always stayed at moderate resort hotels, but we really loved the additional benefits and convenience the Contemporary provided. The rooms are beautiful with nice modern finishes. We loved the stunning view of the Magic Kingdom and the ability to watch the fireworks from our balcony. Having the extra fold down bed is a great plus that many other deluxe resorts don’t offer. The extended evening hours for deluxe resort guests are a big plus and you can’t beat the convenience of the Contemporary’s location. Now that we’ve stayed there, we can’t imagine staying anywhere else when we return to WDW. Also, Steakhouse 71 and California Grill are phenomenal dining options inside Contemporary Resort.

Pros:

Rooms are beautiful and feel high-end Can view the fireworks from room (if you have a theme park view room) Monorail station inside the hotel is convenient So close you walk to and from Magic Kingdom

Cons:

Expensive

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/03/2022

I live this resort since it has a direct walking lane to Magic Kingdom and the Monorail going through the resort. I love the restaurants and especially chef mickeys.

Pros:

Right by Magic Kingdom Good Food Monorail in the resort

Cons:

even with new Incredibles rooms the rooms are a little under themed for the price

Reviewed by MichelleAD Review Date: 02/03/2022

The Contemporary has long been my favorite resort - it is close enough to walk to Magic Kingdom in the morning and beat the resort busses in the morning for rope drop early hours. Then, in the evening when everyone is tired, it is the first stop on the monorail. So convenient! However, I go for conventions. I often need to use a computer while "on vacation." The Contemporary is a convention hotel, so it has also been convenient for the meetings....until the remodel. Now, there are no desks and chairs in the rooms. I had to go down to the 4th floor to work on my laptop in the Contempo Cafe. Previously, there was a rolling table that enabled convention members to work together in a room. Now, that is gone...and so is the space. The room feels much more cramped, even though the Contemporary rooms used to be some of the largest. The window to the balcony is smaller, the bedroom area is smaller, and there is little space to walk around. It feels like a value resort now. That brings me to the next problem. There are no more dressers. Instead there are a few short drawers, not enough for a family. When I took my kids on the last trip, we had to store the suitcases under the beds and pull them out each morning and night to shower and get dressed. The refrigerator is now a "cooling" unit, so leftover food and milk for the children in the room spoils overnight. I will say the bathroom sinks are an improvement, though. The previous ones spilled water every time we used them. I REALLY want to recommend this resort like I used to, but a deluxe resort room, it isn't.

Pros:

Great location to walk to and monorail back from the Magic Kingdom. The bathroom sinks are better than before the remodel.

Cons:

It feels as though the Incredibles IP was more important than the functionality of a convention resort room. The previous deluxe convention hotel now feels as though it is a value room. No desk/chair to work, no dresser to store family clothes, no refrigerator for store milk and leftovers. Small closet so suitcases need to go under beds.

Reviewed by PattyMayonaise821 Review Date: 11/11/2021

Let me start by saying that I enjoy when the Deluxe Resorts don't oversaturate themselves with Disney IP's. It's nice to step away from the parks and experience luxury the Disney way. So with that I have to say that the Incredibles theming makes this hotel fall from a 10 to a 9.

My husband and I stayed at the Contemporary for 4 nights and 5 days. We couldn't have had a better dinner than we did at the California Grill. If you are reading this PLEASE ORDER LAVA CAKE IF THEY HAVE IT.

Chef Mickey's is always a great breakfast spot and a WDW staple. Contemporary Grounds has the coolest latte art on the planet. Steakhouse 71 is an upgrade over the Wave. And you can get most of the Main Street Confectionary Staples in the Gift Shop where the shopping is above is above average!

The best perk of staying at the contemporary is the easy access to the Magic Kingdom. We walked, we took the monorail, it was great. The monorail to Epcot is always fun as well.

We hope the Incredibles theming doesn't last forever, but while it's here we find it hard to recommend this hotel as a top choice-- not with the other elite options nearby and over by Epcot.

Pros:

Location, feels unique and special, dining

Cons:

Feels old, not a fan of incredibles theming.

Reviewed by disneybounderdad Review Date: 08/12/2021

We stayed here in July 2021 and 2019. Love watching the electrical water pagent every night at 10:05 and the quick walkway access to Magic Kingdom. The garden view rooms are quiet and big, allowing 5 people to stay in them.

Pros:

Walkway to MK. 5 person rooms. Electrical Water Pagent every night

Cons:

Lackluster theming

Reviewed by CaptainQuick Review Date: 08/07/2021

We stayed here in late June/early July. Despite the ongoing construction we really enjoyed the Contemporary Resort! Since all the tower rooms were being refurb'ed we were left with the Garden rooms, and it did not disappoint. We really enjoyed the layout of the room! Friendly maid service, giving you the appropriate amount of coffee and tp and all the way to the wonderful sights and views (Fireworks!). We absolutely loved it her. Truly felt like a home away from home!

Pros:

So much to do and see. Terrific food menus and options. Loved the ability to order on your phone and pick it up. Awesome pool! Great views!

Cons:

Lack of Contemporary Resort merchandise. Very noisy neighbors above us and front desk didn't do much about it.

Reviewed by accord99cutie Review Date: 06/13/2021

The layout of this room is perfect for my family of 5! We have stayed in the tower twice with both a theme park view, and most recently a bay lake view. We loved watching the electrical water pageant from our balcony, and pre covid loved watching fireworks from our MK facing room! The dining options are great, and although the pool is a bit plain my kids loved the slide and playing pool side games. The ease of walking to and from MK make this resort one of our favorites!

Pros:

Room size, views, walk to magic kingdom and dining options.

Cons:

Cost

Reviewed by Deblyn22 Review Date: 06/05/2021

Magic and Memories I have been staying at the contemporary hotel since my very 1st visit when I was 4 years old in 1971. My family would go to The Contemporary Yearly and it was like going home every time period from the 1st visit when we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with views of Bay Lake. The memories stay with you. The magic stays with you 50 Years later and I treasure the moments I spent at The Contemporary. They hold some of my most treasured moments of my childhood with my brother.

Pros:

Great location, 3 kinds of transportation great restaurants great views of the fireworks in magic Kingdom and an incredible staff

Cons:

NONE