Reviews of Brown Derby Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Hollywood Brown Derby

Hollywood Brown Derby

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Piccaso7 Review Date: 07/13/2021

Excellent service, elegant ambiance and delicious food. I have nothing negative to say. I will be coming back.

Pros:

Delicious food Lovely setting Excellent service

Reviewed by StephAnn Review Date: 06/29/2021

Our reservation was at 5:30pm. Our server barely spoke to us, just dropped off food, the check, and left. He did not ask us how our food was. The food quality was also poor. I was expecting the Cobb Salad to be amazing and it was not. The dressing tasted diluted. Our son’s filet was small for the price. I expect from a Signature restaurant at Disney. We will not return to The Brown Derby.

Pros:

No pros in our experience.

Cons:

Overcrowded, poor food quality, poor value, poor service.

Reviewed by mbelerique19 Review Date: 06/22/2021

Dined for lunch here in June 2021. We loved the burger, charcuterie, & cobb salad. I would skip the grapefruit martini & grapefruit cake if you are not a big fan of the fruit. It was very over powering. If you like grapefruit you will love. I will definitely eat here again when at HS.

Pros:

Great food. Great service.

Cons:

Can be expensive.

Reviewed by Kyrie Review Date: 05/30/2021

We had a great experience here. Service was friendly, but some might find it slow. We didn't; it was nice to take our time and relax. You'd never think you're in a theme park here. The drinks were excellent. The Cobb salad is so hearty and the grapefruit cake was DELICIOUS and so unique.

Pros:

Drinks, atmosphere, grapefruit cake

Cons:

N/A

Reviewed by Maverick47126 Review Date: 05/28/2021

Took my family of 5 here for lunch in May this year, and it was outstanding. My wife loved the Cobb Salad, my 10 year old ate a filet that was cooked perfect off the kids menu, and I had the $24 burger. This burger was out of my comfort zone with bacon jam and egg on top but it was out of this world. They made a stiff Old Fashion that made me feel like I was home in Kentucky. It wasn’t a cheap meal by any stretch but my wife and felt it was money well spent. Service was outstanding as well!

Pros:

Not normal theme park food Extensive adult drink menu

Cons:

Expensive Hard to get a reservation

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/27/2021

I’m watching the video on YouTube saying it’s the 3rd best restaurant in Hollywood Studios. Omg, wife and I are shocked. The food was decent, but the service was horrible twice in row and 2 strikes you’re out we never went back. We both were in the service industry, it’s where we met so we are super sympathetic to shift change, delays are no big deal to us, etc. But they were unfriendly and didn’t get our order right, let our drinks sit empty and I swear we are not complicated customers and smiled and said mistakes were fine, etc. made us question if we should have dressed nicer than golf shorts and tank tops. It was like they did Paper Rock Scissors to see who had to help us. Lol and we simply walked up and asked if we could eat there. The hostess said yes and we sat down. No clue what why it was like that if everyone else had a great experience. We also tipped 25% since we get how hard waiting tables is. (only add that to show we were anything but adversarial or rude and tried to be understanding to the end)

Pros:

The concept seems cool. Grew up seeing it in old TV shows

Cons:

Service was baaaad

Reviewed by mhw Review Date: 05/26/2021

The Brown Derby is a lovely, relaxing restaurant for lunch or dinner. The Derby is known for its famous Cobb Salad and Grapefruit cake and we were not disappointed by the signature cuisine. My family had eaten at Brown Derby several years ago during a Dine With An Imagineer Experience and it was just as wonderful this time.

Pros:

While most of our party of six had the famous Cobb Salad, one of my daughters tried the Brown Derby Signature Burger and said it was one of the best burgers she had ever eaten.

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/16/2021

THE FOOD WAS SOOOOOO GOOD. Mouthwatering. Literally, after every bite, you had to moan a little. My mom and I had the shrimp cocktail for an app and then the filet mignon and grilled shrimp. The steak melted in your mouth. Fantastic.

Pros:

The food was great, the atmosphere is nice, nothing crazy special.

Cons:

Pricey but man, as our last restaurant for the trip, it was worth it!

Reviewed by DoctorFacilier Review Date: 02/08/2021

We dined here in January 2021. The atmosphere and decor is nice and the servers were outstanding.We were starving and the fresh bread served before lunch was a delight. I had the fan favorite Cobb Salad with chicken added to same. The salad was as advertised. My wife got a margarita flight and it was worth it. Pretty big classes for a flight which was fine by is. The food was good and service great but for me the menu was lacking.

Pros:

Good food,atmosphere, great service

Cons:

Menu is limited

Reviewed by mystikmagix Review Date: 02/08/2021

One of most amazing places I've ever eaten it! The atmosphere makes you feel like you're in Hollywood and dining with movie stars. The chicken was very good! The grapefruit cake was very delicious and I highly recommend it!

Pros:

Good food, great service, you get to see all of the pictures of Hollywood icons!

Cons:

None!

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios