Reviews of Minnie’s Seasonal Dining at Hollywood and Vine

Other Menus at Hollywood and Vine

Hollywood and Vine

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/21/2022

Don't waste your money. My understanding was that the former buffets had become all you care to eat served family style. Our waitress told us that this restaurant is not that way. Based on the cost, food choices, amount and quality, there is no way that this place is worth the price tag. The characters barely interacted and were mostly on the other side of plexiglass(exception:Pluto played peekaboo behind a pillar with my toddler. That felt like the old days). The salad dressing tasted like nothing. It said ranch but it had zero flavor even though you could see it on the lettuce. They do have a vinagrette option so if you go ask for that. They were also using cornbread for croutons which was...weird. The croutons came out more chewy than crunchy. Really felt out of place in the salad. My husband got the pork loin. It was very good. We especially liked the spicy peach salsa. I got the tenderloin( really prime rib). It was fine. They put course ground pepper all over it which really overpowers the beef flavor. My son got the kid's roast beef. This was NOT roast beef, it was pot roast. Let that sink in for a minute. $35 for a kid's meal that consists of a small chunk of pot roast, the Mac and cheese you can get anywhere and a fruit cup. Compare that to the meal at Liberty Tree Tavern where you can have that plus turkey, pork, mashed potatoes, green beans and stuffing and it is all you can eat and very tasty. My daughter got the turkey. It was dry. She also got green beans. They put black pepper ALL OVER them. Needless to say, my six year old couldn't even be coerced to eat them and my kid's love veggies. My two year old was offered macaroni and cheese and a fruit cup. While it is a nice gesture and for by the course meals I typically just share with my little one, remember that this used to be all you can eat and little kids were welcome to have the full menu just like the older kids. The value of this meal has gone way down.The kid's dessert is very cheap too, just ice cream. We asked our server to bring us one of each of the adult desserts to share instead and she was kind enough to oblige. The desserts were good except the spice cake which again, was weird. The s'mores dessert was tasty but the marshmallow was cold so it was a bit hard to cut it in order to get a bite with everything else. It was be much better if they used marshmallow creme or warmed the marshmallow right before serving. We also were never just brought refills, even of water. We had to ask at the end of the meal for more to drink. Basically, this is not fine dining. It is the old buffet pretending to be a three course meal. It was, to us, one of the most glaring examples of Disney repackaging so that you get far less but pay more. This seems to be the new standard under Chapek, sadly.

Pros:

Adult meals were pretty good. Dessert was really good. You get to see characters.

Cons:

Pretty much everything else. Cost, value, character interaction, have to ask for refills.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/06/2021

Breakfast

Pros:

Nice that this has reopened and the cast members were happy to be there.

Cons:

Price and selections We dined July 2021 for breakfast. We felt the price was outrageous for what was served. We were limited on reservations and this was one of the only places we could get a breakfast reservation anywhere. We would not dine there again unless they brought back the buffet style where there were many choices that appealed to all. We were a party of 6 and this breakfast cost more than some of our dinners.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/12/2021

My family went there over our spring break trip this past year and it was fabulous. The characters came out multiple times and were adorable per usual. The shrimp Mac and cheese was delicious and the deconstructed pies felt elegant. Would highly recommend if you are looking for a character meal during the period of social distancing/COVID

Pros:

Good food, characters

Cons:

Price, takes an hour out of your day

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/09/2021

The new menu was delicious. Recommend highly.

Pros:

Great food, lots of character interactiom

Cons:

Little pricey, but worth it for the characters

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/08/2021

Overall the food was good! We liked the character interactions. Wish the cost was a little less. You are definitely paying for the characters.

Pros:

Loved the characters! My son played peek-a-boo with Pluto and had so much fun.

Cons:

Cost for the food that you receive

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/14/2021

We dined at HW&V on Christmas Day 2020 and it was absolutely fantastic. There were several Prix fix meals to choose from and all 4 of us tried something different. The service was right on point. We had dine at HW&V in Oct 19 when it was still a buffet - it was okay, but not great. KUDOs to HW&V for making our family Christmas a little more special🎄

Pros:

On time, great food, great service - characters extra special

Reviewed by SMDeMauro Review Date: 01/12/2021

We attended during the modified dining experience: family style salad, choice of entree and dessert, socially distanced character visits. The food was delicious! My group enjoyed the prime rib and the salmon and both were excellent! The desserts are served "deconstructed" style and were also delicious. Plenty of allergy-safe options on the menu as well. I wouldn't mind if they kept this style of dining permanently over the former buffet.

Pros:

Delicious food, lots of character interaction, fun seasonal theming.

Cons:

A little expensive.

Reviewed by ladyarli Review Date: 12/08/2020

My husband and I ate there mid-November 2020 for lunch. The meal started with (warm) rolls and butter, and salad with ranch dressing. For our entrees, we both chose the Prime Rib, which came with mashed potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts. We were both a bit wary about the brussel sprouts, but our waiter highly recommended them, and he was right! Everything was delicious. For dessert we had the Sugar Free Lemon Sorbet, which was also very good. Our waiter was very friendly, and top-notch. The characters were dressed up for Christmas, and went around individually and posed for pictures at least twice. We could take pictures OF them, just not WITH them, which was fine, because we knew this ahead of time, and with Covid-19, we were happy to have a character meal of any kind.

Pros:

Food and service excellent!

Cons:

Not too many choices on the menu.

Reviewed by Holly93 Review Date: 12/06/2020

We went to this restaurant before Covid, and it was so much fun. Even though it was only two adults in our party, the characters spent plenty of time with us too. The food was average for a buffet, but the price wasn't awful for what you got. We did leave full and happy. Also, the cast member came to check in with us at least 6 times during our meal. She was extremely friendly and even helped clear the way of characters and customers when I needed to get my rollator through to the bathroom and it was a little too crowded. I didn't even have to ask her, she just jumped right in to help.

Pros:

Decent food for the price. Characters were amazing. Good service.

Cons:

Restaurant can be crowded making it hard for those with mobility issues.

Reviewed by KateDay Review Date: 10/11/2020

My family loved the meal with Minnie and friends. We were here back in December 2019 and the whole experience was amazing. The food we had was fresh and yummy! Since it was Holiday Dine we got our picture with Santa Goofy! We our headed back for the first week of December and I’m super excited to have reservations here again. The Character costumes are a real treat!

Pros:

Great way to see the Characters and we really enjoyed the food

Cons:

We had a reservation and had to wait almost an hour for our table but we did have a place to sit with plenty of free iced water to drink.

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios