Reviews of 50’s Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at '50s Prime Time Cafe

'50s Prime Time Cafe

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by ktkueb80 Review Date: 10/20/2021

We ate here for an early dinner on 10/11/21. The theming is great and our waitress played into it which we loved. My husband got the pot roast. He said it was just ok, nothing he would order again but nothing he would send back either. I got the fried chicken which was a huge portion but did not compare to Homecomin. My son got the strawberry milkshake which we all shared and enjoyed and the chicken tenders which were just average. You definitely come here for the experience and theming and not so much the food

Pros:

took us on time, blasting AC, fun theming

Cons:

food bland/just ok

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/18/2021

Ate here for my recent trip in September, but have been here many times in the past on family trips. The cast member outside managed to get us in slightly prior to our reservation time slot which was awesome. I ordered the meatloaf, and sadly found it kind of boring in the flavor department. The green beans were really good though, and I don't even like green beans usually. The wait staff were fantastic as expected and made the experience a lot of fun, but I think, when/if there's a next time, I will try something else.

Pros:

Fun themeing and wonderful wait staff. Decent food for not unreasonable prices.

Cons:

Meatloaf was less exciting than I remembered it from my younger days

Reviewed by JustinDoesDisney Review Date: 09/19/2021

My absolute FAVORITE place to eat in Hollywood Studios!! Consistent food, fast service, unique theming, and continuous hijinks from the wait staff. This place can't be beat!

Pros:

Some options for healthy eaters, unique theming, consistency

Cons:

Sometimes difficult to get a reservation

Reviewed by mackennacheer Review Date: 09/17/2021

I love the atmosphere in here! The first time I ate here, the food was pretty good but nothing special. The second time, my food tasted like a bucket of salt :/ and one of my friends tried it and agreed. The others we were with also said that their food tasted too salty. My server the second time also didn't really understand my dietary restriction at first (she eventually got it) and she made me feel uncomfortable trying to explain myself a couple of times instead of just getting a chef. It was still a fun experience overall and bonus points for having thick plant-based milkshakes and the plant-based apple crisp! I would still recommend trying this place for yourself!

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Food is nothing special and hit or miss

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/13/2021

We ate here on our honeymoon in September of 2019. My first warning is unless you eat HUGE meals at home every day, either split a meal or set this as your ONLY meal of the day. The portions are elephantine! The food is standard comfort food but done really well. The drinks are really good. We had the Dad's electric blue lemonade which was very refreshing, not terribly sweet with a nice sour tartness from the lemon. This restaurant is really where you go for the 50's atmosphere! The waiter we had (Cousin Eddy) was dismayed that he had not been invited to the wedding. He was really good at reading off our energy and played with us just the right amount without going super over the top.

Pros:

Food is good, waiters will meet you on your level, theming is awesome

Cons:

Elephantine portions of food, Can be very noisy for people who are sensitive to a lot of stimulation.

Reviewed by FloridaTV Review Date: 09/06/2021

It was just the 2 of us so we split the Sampler dish which I’m glad we did because it wasn’t that good. We also got the onion rings were ok nothing to brag about. It is very average.

Pros:

Atmosphere. But you need to get a server that is in the mood to mess around with you. We didn’t have that.

Cons:

Sat by the kitchen in and out door.

Reviewed by Kybishop22 Review Date: 09/05/2021

This is a fun dining experience if you enjoy being poked at and verbally abused your whole meal.

The food is good if you like fried chicken, if not- you could skip this one.

When Starring Rolls Cafe was open, I used to get a sandwich from there and bring it in to eat at Prime Time because I don't enjoy the food here that much.

The shakes are fine, but I think they're "famous" PB&J shake is overrated

Pros:

Different unique dining experience

Cons:

Annoying waiters/waitresses, meh food, loud environment.

Reviewed by MinnieMe55 Review Date: 06/20/2021

My adult son and I looked forward to enjoying our time and meal at the 50’s PrimeTime Cafe. However, we really would not choose to eat here again. The place has great theming, but we were sat in a side room with one TV way up above our heads. The room had a musty odor. Our waitress was okay. But, she had no attitude for the theme of the restaurant like we had been led to believe. Basically, just took our order and someone else brought out our food. No interaction at all. It was not busy when we were there; it was early- 11:30am. We ordered the fried onion rings and fried chicken. The onion rings were better than the chicken. The chicken was bland. I had to put salt and pepper on it for a better flavor. A third person brought our bill. They did refill my sons drink, and I could not get their attention to refill mine. It was warm inside too-much too warm for a hot Florida day.

Pros:

Theme inside the Cafe.

Cons:

Servers were not into being “Mom” we even tried putting our elbows on the table to get reminded not to. Food was bland. Bad odor in the side room we ate in. This room had no theme.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/12/2021

Great 50’s atmosphere, fantastic food and beverages. The peanut butter and jelly milkshake is amazing!! The fried chicken is my absolute favorite. Interactive waiters/waitresses and a very fun place to dine. Just reserve ahead of time, walk ups are difficult to get at this place.

Pros:

Good food, great atmosphere and fun staff.

Cons:

None!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/26/2021

We have been here many times, and have always enjoyed it.
We had someone with us who never ate here before and throughly enjoyed the experience! Staff and food included.

Pros:

Food, great as always. Staff was as engaging as ever.

Cons:

Limited menu

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios