Reviews of 50’s Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at '50s Prime Time Cafe

'50s Prime Time Cafe

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by TeacherManJoe Review Date: 05/21/2022

Classic Disney dining spot, with a fun theme and good, solid food!

In my opinion, if you are trying to decide between the iconic Hollywood Studios restaurants (this and Sci-Fi), I would recommend this one.

The theming here is just as thoughtful as Sci-Fi, but is as fun in practice as it is in theory. As it harkens back to the FUN parts of the 50’s (sans the things that made the time problematic), there is a lot to enjoy here! The level of detail in the décor and space is impressive, the cast members really sell the experience with their fun-riffing while you are dining here, and even the menu items have fun themed names.

The food is solidly good here. I wouldn’t necessarily say it is the most delicious fare you will find in Disney World, but it is tasty and solidly executed. The sampler plate is nice, and the milkshakes are delicious. Really good all around.

Why you go here is the theming and experience, which we have always liked each time we have gone. I will say that if you are sensitive to strangers teasing you, or are unsure if your would be, then you may want to avoid 50s Primetime. However, it is nothing mean or harsh, and you can even let your server know that you don’t want to be teased, and they will oblige. But we have always had fun with it, and it really adds to the experience!

Pros:

Theming is great and detailed Servers are fun and add to the experience Food is solid and tasty, especially the milkshakes!

Cons:

Not as fun if you are uncomfortable with servers teasing with you Nothing adventurous food-wise if you are looking for more unique eats

Reviewed by GrammaMagicto4 Review Date: 05/17/2022

On one of our last days in Disney World, we ate at 50\"s Prime Time Diner. The decor is very cute and authentic, my husband thought maybe they had one of the vinyl topped tables when he was growing up! The food was good, not outstanding. We tried the sampler platter with chicken, meatloaf, and pot roast. We also had the Caesar salad with chicken, onion rings, and a chocolate milkshake. I expected the chicken duo taste better than it did so that was a slight disappointment, but everything else was good. the wait staff were very friendly and we were fortunate to get on the waitlist and get in without a reservation. We had a res for later in the day, but were too hot and tired to leave and come back.

Pros:

With so many wonderful dining choices, this is one to try once.

Cons:

The chicken was drier than I prefer.

Reviewed by Marz1401 Review Date: 05/15/2022

Awesome, love the atmosphere and cousin Mike was the sweetest. I loved watching ppl get in trouble and watching the tvs. I have the mamas sampler platter, everything was good but wasn't a fan of the chicken. I managed to get a clean plate sticker after all that food. I would definitely comeback again.

Pros:

Food, except chicken Cousin Mike, tvs, ppl watching

Cons:

Fried chicken, ptsd from my dad yelling to keep my elbows of the table..lol

Reviewed by kingdomcrewcaptain Review Date: 05/13/2022

Just no. Not for my PTSD.

Pros:

Food was pretty good. Better than other sit-downs.

Cons:

I can't handle the staff.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/11/2022

We like the atmosphere as we grew up in the 50’s, but the food last time left something to be desired. Mashed potatoes were sticky with what seemed like powdered gravy.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Food doesn’t really seem to be “homemade”, but mass produced

Reviewed by Lizgistix Review Date: 04/05/2022

Maybe we caught it on a bad night but our experience wasn't that great. Our server wasn't really into playing the part, despite me being the good kid and setting the table before being asked and ordering politely. The decor was great and we saw at least one item on a shelf that we have at home. But yeah, if your server isn't into it, then it's just a boring dinner experience that isn't worth a repeat.

Pros:

Comfort food

Cons:

If your server isn't into the role, it's a dull experience

Reviewed by Tiktok4321 Review Date: 04/04/2022

Was happy to snag an early dinner here on our trip on 4/1/22. The service was fantastic! Had a great time with Aunt Whitney. Antics were on point, and food was decent. Food was a bit industrialized, but it tasted great. Don't recommend the sampler, because you get less quantity for more money. Fried chicken came with 4 good size pieces. Mashed potatoes and gravy and the vegetable were really good. Meatloaf tasted great, but felt very mass produced.

Pros:

Fantastic staff! Food tasted great! Cast Members very accommodating of dietary needs.

Cons:

Sampler should probably be $25 instead of $27 because you're getting less than a 1/3 of each sampled entrée. Food was a bit industrial.

Reviewed by bringouttheredhead Review Date: 03/07/2022

We got a very late reservation, right at park closing. However, that didn't affect our service one bit. Our server was hilarious. They aren't up to their regular antics, but we did tell him that we just wanted to watch and he said - No worries- I got you guys! Since he didn't have as many tables, he stopped by and we talked and laughed about our pets. I had the fried cheese and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We shared the combo and got a side of mac and cheese. Our server asked if there was something up on the internet because almost every two top table he had all day got the combo and a side of mac and cheese (which isn't even on the menu). The chicken was good, my husband loved the mac and cheese so much, I didn't get to taste it. It wasn't fancy like Le Cellier but got the job done. I also thought the pot roast was outstanding. At the end of our meal he automatically brought me a to-go Not So Diet, Diet Cherry coke and said he felt bad because I didn't ask him for refills

Pros:

Food is basic but tasty. Friendly servers, even when they aren't performing. Good solid choice

Cons:

Expensive for what you get (it is WDW ) Not a lot of options. Seems like it would be tough for a person with dietary issues

Reviewed by TammyRalff Review Date: 03/04/2022

We came here not expecting much for food, just a good homecooked meal, but thought the experienced looked like fun! Not only was our server so much fun and the decor was hilarious, but we both left saying we'd come back every time. We got the pb&j milkshake (lives up to the hype) and the sampler. We both agreed we have never had better mashed potatoes and pot roast in our lives. SO GOOD!

Pros:

mashed potatoes and pot roast!!

Reviewed by BayouBengal Review Date: 02/22/2022

We went here after a long day in Hollywood Studios. Our waiter was great, very sassy. He had my niece set the table and chastised those that could not finish their adult beverages. He forgot my coke and when I pointed it out to him he brought me 4 cokes! The food was outstanding. We all ordered the fried chicken and it is a HUGE serving, seriously...like 5 or 6 pieces of chicken plus two sides, easily shareable. The fried chicken is so delicious. We enjoyed the atmosphere as well, feels like a small place with the seating and the tvs. Will definitely go back.

Pros:

Excellent food and a good time interacting with the wait staff. Cool atmosphere as well.

Cons:

If you aren't into sassy waiters or getting picked on this might not be for you. It is definitely a little pricey.

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios