Reviews of 50’s Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at '50s Prime Time Cafe

'50s Prime Time Cafe

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/10/2021

The was my first time in Hollywood Studios and I wanted to do a sit down dining experience. While the theming was pretty interesting and the waitresses were nice, I don’t know if I would come back when there are other places to try. The food was just ok and it took a long time to get our food and eat. I also couldn’t get over the smell in the restaurant. It definitely goes with the theming. It didn’t bother the person I was with but it definitely bothered me. We also didn’t have much acting from our waitress, but maybe we were just really polite.

Pros:

Theming and waitresses

Cons:

Food isn’t overly amazing, slower service, some waitresses might act more than others.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/28/2021

I liked the energy of the place, and some food was good. Though I admit this wasnt my favorite place. The meatloaf was good, but my potatoes and green beans were cold so I didnt touch them. The special fountain drinks were by far the best, but i'm not going to a restaurant for drinks alone. Our server was great, but as someone with social anxiety it wasnt fun for me. Though seeing my family and friends enjoy themselves was fun. Still recommend

Pros:

Food is ok, and the energy is great if thats your thing

Cons:

If you ever any type of social anxiety then this is not the place for you.

Reviewed by Victoria222 Review Date: 03/01/2021

We were not impressed with this restaurant. The kids were bored and these were the most unhappy and unfriendly cast members we saw our entire trip. The meatloaf was good but the food wasn't amazing.

Pros:

The meatloaf was good

Cons:

Food just ok, boring for kids, service was really slow

Reviewed by DrSeekersDinoPuppet Review Date: 02/17/2021

The food is great but goodness I hate being called out by my fake family for not eating my vegetables

Pros:

The food

Cons:

The social anxiety

Reviewed by tifftattoo Review Date: 02/11/2021

We recently ate here for the first time and we were not that impressed. The fried chicken and pot roast were great but the vegetables were lacking seasoning. The corn was cold and mushy and the green beans had no flavored and undercooked. I got a cherry coke and it tasted more like medicine. Mom's brownie was cold and dry and would have been much better if it was warmed up. Definitely a one and done restaurant.

Pros:

Large portion of fried chicken, funny staff, décor.

Cons:

Expensive Ok food.

Reviewed by PoorNanaPoorFather Review Date: 02/11/2021

I absolutely love this restaurant. It’s one of my family’s favorites, and we never miss going here on our trips. The food is fantastic. My husband loves the fried chicken while I love the old-fashioned pot roast. Milkshakes and desserts are delicious. The theming is spot-on and nostalgic. This a definite must-do. Ask for a table with a tv. The wait staff will try to tease you about not eating your vegetables or putting your elbows on the table.

Pros:

Food. Theming.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/06/2021

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon. This was probably the restaurant that we were most looking forward to. The food and peanut butter and jelly milkshake were amazing and I loved the atmosphere. Normally I think that it would have been one of my favorite restaurants at Disney world but my experience didn’t live up to the hype I was expecting. We were sat in a corner behind a large family of eight so I think it was harder for our server to really interact with us. I would still recommend going and want to try it again. Hopefully with a larger group so our experience doesn’t get overshadowed because we are put in a quarter.

Pros:

Food was delicious, fun atmosphere, get the pb&j milkshake

Cons:

Experience can be altered based on seating arrangement

Reviewed by bjserviere Review Date: 01/25/2021

First time eating here on my last visit in September 2020. Loved the atmosphere. I have a very good meal which was the sampler platter as there were too many good options. I ate it all. Loved watching the little TV at my table.

Pros:

very good meal

Reviewed by CarlJD Review Date: 01/25/2021

The food is very good, and the themeing slaps when everything is in full swing. Cast members are friendly and portions are big.

Pros:

Amazing food with great portions. Easy to get a reservation and convenient location inside the park that isn't too far from any one attraction.

Cons:

Lighting can be a bit too dark.

Reviewed by ProfM Review Date: 01/20/2021

My husband ordered the fried chicken. It was dry and cold, I ordered the pot roast. It looked like no other pot roast I have ever seen on top of mashed potatoes that were out of a box.

The waitstaff was wonderful, be sure to ask for a TV table...

A fun environment for sure, but the food is not the reason to go there!

Pros:

Fun environment!

Cons:

Very average food, not prepared with any thought.

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios