Reviews of 50’s Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at '50s Prime Time Cafe

'50s Prime Time Cafe

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by MinnieMe55 Review Date: 06/20/2021

My adult son and I looked forward to enjoying our time and meal at the 50’s PrimeTime Cafe. However, we really would not choose to eat here again. The place has great theming, but we were sat in a side room with one TV way up above our heads. The room had a musty odor. Our waitress was okay. But, she had no attitude for the theme of the restaurant like we had been led to believe. Basically, just took our order and someone else brought out our food. No interaction at all. It was not busy when we were there; it was early- 11:30am. We ordered the fried onion rings and fried chicken. The onion rings were better than the chicken. The chicken was bland. I had to put salt and pepper on it for a better flavor. A third person brought our bill. They did refill my sons drink, and I could not get their attention to refill mine. It was warm inside too-much too warm for a hot Florida day.

Pros:

Theme inside the Cafe.

Cons:

Servers were not into being “Mom” we even tried putting our elbows on the table to get reminded not to. Food was bland. Bad odor in the side room we ate in. This room had no theme.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/12/2021

Great 50’s atmosphere, fantastic food and beverages. The peanut butter and jelly milkshake is amazing!! The fried chicken is my absolute favorite. Interactive waiters/waitresses and a very fun place to dine. Just reserve ahead of time, walk ups are difficult to get at this place.

Pros:

Good food, great atmosphere and fun staff.

Cons:

None!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/26/2021

We have been here many times, and have always enjoyed it.
We had someone with us who never ate here before and throughly enjoyed the experience! Staff and food included.

Pros:

Food, great as always. Staff was as engaging as ever.

Cons:

Limited menu

Reviewed by rwslack Review Date: 05/25/2021

We had lunch at Prime Time on May 5, 2021. Our family has eaten at Prime Time many times and although the restaurant was still recognizing covid protocols, the service remained top notch and our "comfort" food was among the best at Disney (especially the pot roast and fried chicken -- both excellent). The 50's in-home theme does not get old. A family favorite.

Pros:

immersive 50's theme and comfort food

Cons:

no cons if you go with the appropriate expectations

Reviewed by SCOTTMOP Review Date: 05/20/2021

Always love eating here. The food is delicious and the desserts are mmm and if you like milk shakes they are incredible. The server may not always be in "character" the way some like. Too me that is second to the atmosphere and good food. Possibly the best meat loaf ever. Sorry mom. Some guest of 2 can be put in an off area that isnt the Kitchen of old as the same with some larger groups but again that is secondary to the good food and drinks

Pros:

Atmosphere and food

Cons:

Can be pricey and server may not be in full "character"

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/17/2021

This was my favorite place I dined when visiting Disney World! While the food itself is nothing special, it's still really delicious. The atmosphere is so fun, themeing is spot on. If you and your family want somewhere fun to dine that all the kids will probably love, this is for you.

Pros:

Atmosphere, service, food

Reviewed by Anondisney Review Date: 05/15/2021

I've ate here a few times and every single time we've waited 45 past our actual reservation time for a table (while being a group of 2 or 4). I have not had this issue at any other restaurant on property. I have had the chance to try the signature offerings such as the fried chicken and the pot roast and neither dish has made it live up to the rave reviews. Most of the cast members are fun and engaging which is truly a plus, but with such lack luster food after killing large amount of park time, I've never had a great experience here. I'd make my way to Sci-Fi's relaxing atmosphere any time instead.

Pros:

Cast member interaction

Cons:

Never sits on time, not my favorite food

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/15/2021

This is one of my favorite restaurants in all of Walt Disney World! I love the theming! It’s like being transported back to the 50s. I love that they treat you like family and they make you eat your vegetables lol. The wait staff is always great. The food is so delicious and filling. I love this place and I always make sure to make a reservation here whenever I’m at Hollywood Studios.

Pros:

Theming, food, waitstaff...everything!

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/10/2021

The was my first time in Hollywood Studios and I wanted to do a sit down dining experience. While the theming was pretty interesting and the waitresses were nice, I don’t know if I would come back when there are other places to try. The food was just ok and it took a long time to get our food and eat. I also couldn’t get over the smell in the restaurant. It definitely goes with the theming. It didn’t bother the person I was with but it definitely bothered me. We also didn’t have much acting from our waitress, but maybe we were just really polite.

Pros:

Theming and waitresses

Cons:

Food isn’t overly amazing, slower service, some waitresses might act more than others.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/28/2021

I liked the energy of the place, and some food was good. Though I admit this wasnt my favorite place. The meatloaf was good, but my potatoes and green beans were cold so I didnt touch them. The special fountain drinks were by far the best, but i'm not going to a restaurant for drinks alone. Our server was great, but as someone with social anxiety it wasnt fun for me. Though seeing my family and friends enjoy themselves was fun. Still recommend

Pros:

Food is ok, and the energy is great if thats your thing

Cons:

If you ever any type of social anxiety then this is not the place for you.

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios