Reviews of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Read more about 50's Prime Time Cafe including links to menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by MelMel82 Review Date: 07/29/2020

So good! As far as fried chicken in the parks goes, 50's Prime Time is the best. Love the old tv's and old company clips and classic tv shows. The cast members here are awesome! Don't put your elbows on the table...I had to sing I'm a little tea pot. LOL!

Pros:

food, cast members, atmosphere

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/24/2020

Greatest restaurant in all of Disney world.
The food is second to none. If you have never had the peanut butter and jelly milkshake you have not lived!!

Pros:

The only thing better than the food is the people who work there and wait on the customers. Personal advice is don’t put your elbows on the table.

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/18/2020

Great classic American food

Pros:

Love the old time theming and the classic American food

Cons:

Lines are pretty long

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/07/2020

We had lunch here and the food was below average. We also had a big group and they put us in a very small table, it was way to crowed. Our waitress was very average and didn’t really interact with us. It was a big let down bc of all the good reviews we read

Pros:

Theme and decor was neat

Cons:

Average food and over crowded

Reviewed by mcarolla Review Date: 03/31/2020

Not the worst but not the best option either. The theme is really the only reason I would recommend going here. The environment is fun: classic TV shows, hokey kitchens, mean cousins but the food is dreadful. There was absolutely no flavor to the fried chicken I had or the sampler meal my husband got. The veggies tasted straight out of a can without any flavoring on them. Which I guess follows the theme but like come on. It's too much money for bland food.

Pros:

Theme

Reviewed by LizzyRugne Review Date: 03/23/2020

the decor was very cool, the food was average

Pros:

seeing all the nostalgia

Cons:

the waiter was so busy doing his thing of being "rude" to the table of woman next to us that he gave us pretty bad service. We waited forever for drinks, then for more napkins etc etc.....not the best experience considering the food was just average.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/16/2020

Amazing pot roast and shakes. Always a must for my groups disney trips.

Pros:

theming

Reviewed by JMakaroni Review Date: 03/16/2020

We loved it here! Happened to be right by it when it opened. We waited maybe 3 minutes. Its great, I got in trouble for my elbows, the kids loved it. This was day 4 of 5. It was niceto actually sit and eat, and not pearch somewhere. It was a little pricey but its Disney. Fun place!

Pros:

Good food! Great service!

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/06/2020

We always have a great time here and they are great with food allergies! My son can’t have anything but water to drink. No soda, juice, or punch. But they brought him a cup with a Buzz Lightyear lightup clip on it anyway! The staff was fun and we were visited by one of the assistant managers who my husband talked with for a while about her home country. She was super sweet. Then the chef was also amazing about serving us food that goes with husband and son’s allergies (gluten and dairy). The food was delicious and the atmosphere is so fun!
I once had Aunt Sue make me eat my green beans by feeding them to me and making everyone around us do airplane noises. So funny! I understand though they’re not able to do that anymore. 😭

Pros:

Fun atmosphere Great servers Amazing with food allergies Strong adult beverages

Cons:

Not all servers play into the theme very well

Reviewed by Amanda94 Review Date: 01/13/2020

My family and I did not have a reservation ahead of time for this restaurant; it was a last minute idea having been here before when I was little. The food was okay, but not my favorite I had while at the parks. The interactions were not what they used to.. I had my elbows on the table and wasn't told to put them down or told to stand up and sing a song. Those kind of interactions are what I remember about eating here and was sad those things no longer happen.

Pros:

Milkshakes were good

Cons:

Not enough seating to wait for a table.

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios