Reviews of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Read more about 50's Prime Time Cafe including links to menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by Amanda94 Review Date: 01/13/2020

My family and I did not have a reservation ahead of time for this restaurant; it was a last minute idea having been here before when I was little. The food was okay, but not my favorite I had while at the parks. The interactions were not what they used to.. I had my elbows on the table and wasn't told to put them down or told to stand up and sing a song. Those kind of interactions are what I remember about eating here and was sad those things no longer happen.

Pros:

Milkshakes were good

Cons:

Not enough seating to wait for a table.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/08/2020

Food is expensive for very underwhelming Denny’s quality food. Was in an odd number groupand since you sit in cars, someone sits alone and with the movies playing, unless you’re sitting next to someone you can’t hear anyone else. Also the “film” that plays went through twice in the time we were there.

Pros:

Cons:

Dark, not group friendly, not a social environment, not worth the reservation or the cost of the dinner.

Reviewed by PMcD Review Date: 12/17/2019

We have eaten here several times in the last few years. Food has always been good (though nothing to write home about, as they say), but the \"atmosphere\" we had heard about was missing. We seemed to always get the kinda grumpy male server who wasn't going to go along with the program (\"elbows off the table, etc\")so we missed out on the \"flavor\" (pun intended)we expected - until the last time we went. The gentleman that was seating customers called my name (pretty loudly), waited two seconds or so and called it again (louder) and then again (even louder). I don't know what possessed me, but I yelled out, \"WHAT?\" He laughed, the crowd laughed and we had a great time! Guess maybe you sometimes have to start the ball rolling yourself. I recommend it highly.

Pros:

Good food. Lots of it. They really try to get you in without reservations in reasonable time.

Cons:

Sometimes have to wait a little long - even with reservation.

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had dinner here on August 18. Fried chicken is always delicious. My wife, teenage daughter, and her teenage friend all enjoyed their dinners as well. Server was into her role, but not too much. We were treated to an enthusiastic (read: awful, and intentionally so) singing of Happy Birthday to the table next to use. Always a fun choice.

Pros:

Food, servers in character

Cons:

Crowded waiting room

Reviewed by Lea Review Date: 08/24/2019

I absolutely love this dining spot for lunch. We always try to book it for our trips to Disney World and usually succeed. The staff is amazing in their individual roles and the food is fantastic! Mind you, I only ever order the Fried Chicken.

Pros:

Friendly staff, great food, interesting decor

Reviewed by WDWinMD Review Date: 06/25/2019

Really enjoyed lunch. We had an early seating on a Sunday in June and were taken to our table right away. Really enjoyed the fried chicken but loved the pot roast. Not only was our server very entertaining but the other 2 in the area were great as well and all 3 very different.

Pros:

Servers are very entertaining. Enjoyed the food quality and quantity.

Cons:

None.

Reviewed by michellemiller1012 Review Date: 06/17/2019

My husband and I ate here once, and will probably not eat here again. The food was forgettable. However, the theming was really fun, and the waiters were sassy, like a 50’s diner vibe. Fun theming, so-so food.

Pros:

Theming, convenient location in the park, cast members

Reviewed by DillonSmith03 Review Date: 06/13/2019

Fun atmosphere, and the sampler plate is very filling.

Pros:

Food and Atmosphere

Reviewed by DebQ Review Date: 06/12/2019

Every time we come go to Hollywood Studios, we always go to the 50's. We go for lunch, and it is a great way to take a break from the park and the warm weather. \"Comfort food\" at its finest. A great way to get away from the burgers, fries and pizza. The service is always excellent and it is great fun to interact with your server. However, if you can't take a little teasing, then don't here as you won't find their antics enjoyable. It's our \"go to\" restaurant at DHS.

Pros:

Excellent food, fun service

Cons:

Restaurant tends to be chilly

Reviewed by NJenkins Review Date: 04/24/2019

A must do for my family at every visit! Fun atmosphere & great cast interaction. The best fried chicken you'll find at Walt Disney World!

Pros:

Great food! Great fun!

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios