Reviews of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Read more about 50's Prime Time Cafe including links to menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by PALionKingfan Review Date: 09/24/2020

I ate here again on my recent trip. It was good like all the other times before. This is a safe bet to have a good meal for the whole family. Great atmosphere and a fun wait staff. I got the sampler, should have just gotten the roast beef. Don’t get me wrong, the fried chicken and meatloaf were good but the roast beef was excellent. The only con, and it is mostly me, is that I don’t think they have a great appetizer or dessert menu.

Pros:

Good fun, well decorated, fun wait staff, good for everyone in your party despite age or food tastes

Cons:

Appetizer and dessert menu were not to my taste.

Reviewed by MelMel82 Review Date: 07/29/2020

So good! As far as fried chicken in the parks goes, 50's Prime Time is the best. Love the old tv's and old company clips and classic tv shows. The cast members here are awesome! Don't put your elbows on the table...I had to sing I'm a little tea pot. LOL!

Pros:

food, cast members, atmosphere

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/24/2020

Greatest restaurant in all of Disney world.
The food is second to none. If you have never had the peanut butter and jelly milkshake you have not lived!!

Pros:

The only thing better than the food is the people who work there and wait on the customers. Personal advice is don’t put your elbows on the table.

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/18/2020

Great classic American food

Pros:

Love the old time theming and the classic American food

Cons:

Lines are pretty long

Reviewed by LizzyRugne Review Date: 03/23/2020

the decor was very cool, the food was average

Pros:

seeing all the nostalgia

Cons:

the waiter was so busy doing his thing of being "rude" to the table of woman next to us that he gave us pretty bad service. We waited forever for drinks, then for more napkins etc etc.....not the best experience considering the food was just average.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/16/2020

Amazing pot roast and shakes. Always a must for my groups disney trips.

Pros:

theming

Reviewed by JMakaroni Review Date: 03/16/2020

We loved it here! Happened to be right by it when it opened. We waited maybe 3 minutes. Its great, I got in trouble for my elbows, the kids loved it. This was day 4 of 5. It was niceto actually sit and eat, and not pearch somewhere. It was a little pricey but its Disney. Fun place!

Pros:

Good food! Great service!

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/06/2020

We always have a great time here and they are great with food allergies! My son can’t have anything but water to drink. No soda, juice, or punch. But they brought him a cup with a Buzz Lightyear lightup clip on it anyway! The staff was fun and we were visited by one of the assistant managers who my husband talked with for a while about her home country. She was super sweet. Then the chef was also amazing about serving us food that goes with husband and son’s allergies (gluten and dairy). The food was delicious and the atmosphere is so fun!
I once had Aunt Sue make me eat my green beans by feeding them to me and making everyone around us do airplane noises. So funny! I understand though they’re not able to do that anymore. 😭

Pros:

Fun atmosphere Great servers Amazing with food allergies Strong adult beverages

Cons:

Not all servers play into the theme very well

Reviewed by PMcD Review Date: 12/17/2019

We have eaten here several times in the last few years. Food has always been good (though nothing to write home about, as they say), but the \"atmosphere\" we had heard about was missing. We seemed to always get the kinda grumpy male server who wasn't going to go along with the program (\"elbows off the table, etc\")so we missed out on the \"flavor\" (pun intended)we expected - until the last time we went. The gentleman that was seating customers called my name (pretty loudly), waited two seconds or so and called it again (louder) and then again (even louder). I don't know what possessed me, but I yelled out, \"WHAT?\" He laughed, the crowd laughed and we had a great time! Guess maybe you sometimes have to start the ball rolling yourself. I recommend it highly.

Pros:

Good food. Lots of it. They really try to get you in without reservations in reasonable time.

Cons:

Sometimes have to wait a little long - even with reservation.

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had dinner here on August 18. Fried chicken is always delicious. My wife, teenage daughter, and her teenage friend all enjoyed their dinners as well. Server was into her role, but not too much. We were treated to an enthusiastic (read: awful, and intentionally so) singing of Happy Birthday to the table next to use. Always a fun choice.

Pros:

Food, servers in character

Cons:

Crowded waiting room

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios