Reviews of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by mbaker Review Date: 04/17/2019

Terrible Experience

Pros:

The atmosphere is great

Cons:

Quality of food sadly did not live up to the menu descriptions. I had the stuffed pork chops with apples and brie with a red wine reductions. The chops were super tough and dry, there was no discernible brie or apples inside, and the sauce had a weird after taste. my friend had the pot pie which was just ok. It was the worst lunch of the trip, we had much better quick service meals in our food court and in the parks. I will never visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed by disneyukydancer Review Date: 04/17/2019

50's is a must do for my daughter and I every time we go to Disney. We love the atmosphere and the food, especially the PB&J milkshake. My daughter loves the pot roast, and I usually have the sampling. The fried herb and garlic cheese as an appetizer is always a hit with us.

Pros:

food, atmosphere, servers

Cons:

none that I can think of

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2019

Loved this place

Pros:

Good food, highly entertaining staff. We had a fantastic server. Our server and the server from the table next to ours interacted really well with all the families in our section. We got busted a few times for elbows on the table, Mother would be disappointed in us. This was our first time dining here on our last trip. I think we will make it a must on all of our trips now.

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 02/20/2019

I really appreciated our waiter at our last visit (Jan. 24). We enjoy the fried chicken served here last year so decided to try it again this time. I cant remember his name , but he said the same spiel about elbows on table and had us set the table but he didn't go over board and I liked that. We are mid 60ish and came more so for the food than the interaction and I liked that he was friendly and talkative but didn't go overboard with us. It was fun watching the other waiters/waitresses getting kids involved and other families interacting but I like the fact that our waiter did just enough to make us feel like we were at the 50's Prime Time without going overboard.

Pros:

Great selection of comfort food.

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 01/02/2019

We had a 7:10 reservation and there was, of course, a long wait. Every restaurant had excessive waits that week. Our party of 4 was sat at a regular table, which was also disappointing. However, our server LuAnne, was great! The service was a little slow but she had great interaction with us. She really gave my DS a hard time for being on the phone too much but she didn’t get carried away with it. The food was very good. I had the chicken pot pie and ate every bite! Both kids had fried chicken and liked it, though they prefer no bones. My DH had the meatloaf which was good but he prefers my meatloaf which makes all other meatloaf look bad ; ) The kids had milkshakes with dinner, the Oreo & PB & J. The PB & J milkshake was really good, and I don’t normally care for peanut butte ice cream. We finished the meal with a apple pie ala
Mode. That is really the biggest draw back of the dinning plan. You have to get a dessert unless you substitute a salad or soup but at many restaurants they don’t have a salad to substitute. This is a good place to go, though my 1st choice would be the Sci-Fi

Pros:

Good food, fun service

Cons:

Long wait,

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

Another great lunch here on 10/29/18 for our party of 9. We waited a bit to be seated but it was worth it. Our waitress was not *super* into the act but hounded the kids about elbows and walkie talkies. She also made them set the table. Food is always delicious, I had the stuffed pork chop and it was wonderful. The onion rings and fried cheese appetizer were also very good. Milk shakes are always the best here. We highly recommend it and we will return.

Pros:

Ambiance, food, service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/18/2018

This restaurant has a fun atmosphere and ok food. Nothing really special but it is one of those places you have to go if you have never been before. The theming here is really special with the feel of a 50s home. It feels like you are in a 50s sitcom and you watch clips from old shows.

Pros:

Very fun atmosphere

Cons:

The food is only ok.

Reviewed by Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Went here with such high hopes, and was so disappointed. All around us people were joking with their waiter/waitress, laughing and having a good time. Then our waitress finally comes over and kills any joy we were expecting. She asked where we were from, we told her and it happened to be close to where she was from. So all she wanted to do was talk about that, and what used to be there and is not there anymore, how the area has changed, blah blah blah. Really ruined the experience for us. The food was quite bland, but we didn't go there for an amazing meal, we went for the experience we had been hearing about.

Pros:

Looks like a lot of fun if you get the right waiter/waitress

Cons:

Bad cast member can crush your expectations

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

great restaurant

Pros:

fun experience and food is awesome. loved the pot roast

Cons:

long wait time even with reservations

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

I've been here a few times and I think a big part of the experience is the wait staff. If they interact well with you it's more fun. The food here is OK but mostly a "meat and potatoes" style food if you are OK with that. The main thing here is the atmosphere. Cool throw back vibe.

Pros:

Cool throw back vibe, nice place to relax, the tables/chairs can have a cool vibe

Cons:

Food is fairly plain, not the best experience if the wait staff doesn't interact well

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios