Reviews of Backlot Express

Backlot Express

Services: Quick Service

Reviewed by AnxiousMillenial Review Date: 04/05/2021

Backlot Express was a total surprise to me. I wasn't expecting to enjoy my lunch here, but I really did. I ordered the cuban sandwich and I was shocked at how good it was. It isn't as good as one from an authentic Cuban restaurant, but for Disney, it was really tasty. I also had the Wookie Cookie, which ended up being my favorite Disney snack from my entire trip. I still think about that cookie and how delicious it was. Overall, Backlot Express was surprisingly better than expected.

Pros:

Lots of seating out of the sun. Wookie Cookie! Average to tasty food.

Cons:

The menu is pretty basic.

Reviewed by Oo-De-Lally248 Review Date: 03/23/2021

When "edible" is the only adjective I can honestly ascribe to the food , a 4/10 is a pretty generous rating. I got a basic hamburger, which I admit may not have been the best choice, but it tasted like it had been microwaved. Really, Disney?

Pros:

Edible, plenty of seating

Cons:

The food...

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/27/2021

Love the southwest salad here! Great spot with a lot of open air seating and nice menu options.

Pros:

Good food, a lot of seats, decent variety

Cons:

Sometimes a long wait

Reviewed by ShelleyHenrietta Review Date: 02/11/2021

Perfect for a quick bite to eat if you’re not wanting to spend too much time eating. I had the dark side chicken and waffles with the cupcake and thought it was fine. Fully enjoyed my meal and would recommend if you’re after something fast!

Pros:

Quick service and themed food.

Cons:

Might be a little generic if you’re from the US (I’m from the UK so the idea of chicken and waffles was exotic to me LOL.) If you’re wanting a more immersive experience there are better options in the park.

Reviewed by TMJG29 Review Date: 01/11/2021

This is the best quick-service restaurant in the park, especially for families with kids, because there is something for everyone.

Pros:

Variety Ample seating

Cons:

Outdoor

Reviewed by MJandJimmy Review Date: 11/14/2020

Nice area with enough seating outside to make it a decent enough stop for lunch. Had the Cuban sandwich meal along with the wookie oatmeal cookie, and the seasonal salted caramel frozen hot chocolate.

Pros:

The burgers and other sandwiches, while typical for theme park fare, were actually better than I expected and I very much enjoyed it. The frozen hot chocolate was MMMMMMMM!

Cons:

The wookie cookie was just okay. Would not get again.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/12/2020

The salad and hummus platter is delicious

Pros:

Vegan option was tasty, so much space and seating

Reviewed by 45stoutjay Review Date: 04/06/2020

Good counter-service restaurant at Hollywood Studios. Probably the best quick-service spot at this park

Pros:

Decent food, theming, and environment

Cons:

More inside sitting available especially during the busy times

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/31/2020

Decent and quick. Good option if you didn't plan for a meal.

Pros:

Good food.

Cons:

Not fantastic food.

Reviewed by mschu2112 Review Date: 01/20/2020

A staple dining location when we travel to HS. We usually get a good meal; however, this time not so much. First off the menu changed again to less variety. Next the food was poor. Cheeseburgers were dry, roll dry, overcooked with cheese that looked like it was under heat lamp for hours. Chicken strips dry as could be. Not the usual decent food. It has gone downhill since 2017.

Pros:

Cons:

Food quality for the price paid

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios