Reviews of Backlot Express

Backlot Express

Services: Quick Service

Reviewed by FloridaTV Review Date: 09/06/2021

We only went there for the Wookie Cookie and OMG greatest thing I ate at Hollywood that day. GET THE WOOKIE COOKIE. If you love oatmeal cream pies like me. You will love this snack.

Pros:

It’s huge.

Cons:

N/a

Reviewed by Zuzu71 Review Date: 09/06/2021

I mobile ordered lunch here. My food was tasty. I had the Cuban sandwich with fries and the Wookie Cookie. The Cuban was a solid choice. I didn't eat many of the fries, not because they weren't good but because I was saving room for dessert. Still, I didn't come close to conquering that giant cookie sammie! It was ridiculously tasty. I just couldn't finish it. The cream inside wasn't as sweet as I expected, which was a good thing. I loved the whipped texture. And the cookie itself was scrumptious!

Pros:

a/c portion sizes were generous plenty of seating

Reviewed by HeyWheresPerry07 Review Date: 08/27/2021

Only tried the Wookie Cookie, but it was perfection!!

Pros:

Huge portion, great value and amazing taste

Cons:

Mobile order pickup was a bit congested and confusing here, but I think it was just an isolated instance.

Reviewed by AnxiousMillenial Review Date: 04/05/2021

Backlot Express was a total surprise to me. I wasn't expecting to enjoy my lunch here, but I really did. I ordered the cuban sandwich and I was shocked at how good it was. It isn't as good as one from an authentic Cuban restaurant, but for Disney, it was really tasty. I also had the Wookie Cookie, which ended up being my favorite Disney snack from my entire trip. I still think about that cookie and how delicious it was. Overall, Backlot Express was surprisingly better than expected.

Pros:

Lots of seating out of the sun. Wookie Cookie! Average to tasty food.

Cons:

The menu is pretty basic.

Reviewed by Oo-De-Lally248 Review Date: 03/23/2021

When "edible" is the only adjective I can honestly ascribe to the food , a 4/10 is a pretty generous rating. I got a basic hamburger, which I admit may not have been the best choice, but it tasted like it had been microwaved. Really, Disney?

Pros:

Edible, plenty of seating

Cons:

The food...

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/27/2021

Love the southwest salad here! Great spot with a lot of open air seating and nice menu options.

Pros:

Good food, a lot of seats, decent variety

Cons:

Sometimes a long wait

Reviewed by ShelleyHenrietta Review Date: 02/11/2021

Perfect for a quick bite to eat if you’re not wanting to spend too much time eating. I had the dark side chicken and waffles with the cupcake and thought it was fine. Fully enjoyed my meal and would recommend if you’re after something fast!

Pros:

Quick service and themed food.

Cons:

Might be a little generic if you’re from the US (I’m from the UK so the idea of chicken and waffles was exotic to me LOL.) If you’re wanting a more immersive experience there are better options in the park.

Reviewed by TMJG29 Review Date: 01/11/2021

This is the best quick-service restaurant in the park, especially for families with kids, because there is something for everyone.

Pros:

Variety Ample seating

Cons:

Outdoor

Reviewed by MJandJimmy Review Date: 11/14/2020

Nice area with enough seating outside to make it a decent enough stop for lunch. Had the Cuban sandwich meal along with the wookie oatmeal cookie, and the seasonal salted caramel frozen hot chocolate.

Pros:

The burgers and other sandwiches, while typical for theme park fare, were actually better than I expected and I very much enjoyed it. The frozen hot chocolate was MMMMMMMM!

Cons:

The wookie cookie was just okay. Would not get again.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/12/2020

The salad and hummus platter is delicious

Pros:

Vegan option was tasty, so much space and seating

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios