Reviews of Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Sci Fi Dine-In Theater Dining Location

Read more about Sci-Fi Dine-In including links to the menus here: http://allears.net/dining/location/sci-fi-dine-in-theater

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by mschu2112 Review Date: 01/21/2020

This is a staple of any of our visits for the dining in the cars and the cheesy movies. We ate here at 820 one evening so after the park close time so service was fairly quick and we were seated right away. Food was good and milk shakes very good as always. Server was quick and friendly so we had a good meal and good service. My kids 20 and 23 still love this place and we have to go every visit. Good change of pace and recommended. While the food is good its nothing great so don't expect 4 or 5 star dining. But the rest makes up for it.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Could us some menu updates and also updates to the films. I think they have not changed much at all.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/10/2020

For a restaurant that is not so easy to get a reservation at, I thought it’d be better. The concept and theming is pretty cool but definitely not worth the price. Food was “warm” but dry and bland. We had the meal which bring a little bit of everything (BBQ chicken, ribs, brisket, beans, cornbread, etc.) Ribs were salty, chicken was dry. The cornbread was the only edible food. I also didn’t enjoy the amount of small movie clips. I’d rather watch a whole feature film.

Pros:

Theming is well done

Cons:

Food is mediocre You’re not watching a whole movie.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/28/2019

Best burger and shakes around. Never had a bad meal there. Go every time we are there. Love the cheesy horror movie clips.

Pros:

Great atmosphere, great food

Cons:

A little dark

Reviewed by magicalcouple Review Date: 11/27/2019

I ate here twice this past October/November trip. The cheese steak sandwich was just delicious!!!

The first time we ate here, I had a reservation and was sat in a car. I watched quite a few people go to the podium without reservations and they were informed that they could ONLY be sat at the picnic tables in the back because they did not have a reservation. Good to know!

Anyway, my son and I sat in a car in the middle of the theatre and while it is DARK and hard to see the menu, I didn't feel like it took away from the experience because dining here is more of an experience. The films, cartoons, shorts are perfect and a lot of fun to watch.

My son had basic chicken and fries and I had the cheese steak and found it so delicious that I kept thinking about it for days!

So when we found ourselves trying to decide later in the week where to eat one night, I went to Sci Fi and asked for the non-reservation picnic table where we were sat promptly. It wasn't as fun as the car experience, admittedly, but service and food were just as fine before.

Pros:

Cheese steak, Great atmosphere & Experience

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/20/2019

It hurts me to give this place a bad review. But price weak menu and the worst meal of my life make it necessary.

My visit was in 2018 and my last. The food was not to McDonald's standards. The servers and prep cooks can only do so much with down graded food bought on the cheap, to maximize profits.

I can't even come up with an insulting phrase or comment to describe my experience.
I am pretty sarcastic and usually have something hilarious to drive home my point. But my meal was beyond
A sarcastic statement....

Unreal !

Pros:

Scenery

Cons:

Better meals at a homeless shelter

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/19/2019

Even though I’m not particularly picky, the food at Sci-Fi was so
bad that I couldn’t eat it. Arrived lukewarm & have had better burgers at fast food places - not worth the money, even tho atmosphere is cute.

Pros:

Different venue

Cons:

Food was awful & not worth the money

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had lunch here on August 24. First time for my wife and my teenage daughter's friend. They loved the theme and movies. Three of us enjoyed the food; my wife did not, thus the rating of 7. But will try it again sometime.

Pros:

Theme, most of the food

Cons:

My wife's burger

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/12/2019

I wasn't impressed. You can barely read the menu because it is so dark. The darkness at least hides how dirty the tables are.

Pros:

average food. QSR restaurants are better

Cons:

cleanliness

Reviewed by Becky B Review Date: 08/08/2019

We love this place and will continue to dine here at least once a trip. However, our most recent visit on 7/30/19 was not great. We had a larger party and they decided to squish 9 of us into one of the "cars" (car front end and back end but regular table in the middle). 9 adults, not children. We had no room to move, a couple of us had to sit sideways. It was very uncomfortable. And the table was very close to the kitchen door so between the light and noise coming from the kitchen every time a server swung the door open and closed, we neither heard nor saw any of the sci fi film reels, which was really disappointing. Food was fine, as typically is - nothing fantastic but decent burgers and sandwiches.

Pros:

great atmosphere, decent food

Cons:

unfortunate and uncomfortable decisions made in seating

Reviewed by Shoylerth Review Date: 06/11/2019

Really enjoyed dining there before but last time was disappointing. Food was okay. Too dark to read menu and couldn’t see your food when it arrived.

Pros:

Liked drive- in atmosphere and the old sci-fi movie clips.

Cons:

Too dark. Food okay.

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios