Reviews of Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Sci Fi Dine-In Theater

Sci Fi Dine-In Theater

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by DisMom4 Review Date: 09/05/2022

Sci-Fi has been one of our favorites for over 15 years. Not an every trip restaurant but we have always loved that drive-in vibe and the corny movie/cartoon clips (they really should update the entire reel) We even remember back when the servers were on roller skates. Haven't eaten there in several years - missed a few trips due to COVID - but we were very disappointed by the menu on our recent visit in early August. The menu was different and much shortened. No steak at all and this to us was always a treat. I had the Classic American Burger for lack of an entrée that wasn't bathed in a butter sauce or mayonnaise. It was an ok burger -nothing special. My husband and one daughter had the pan seared chicken pasta minus the spinach. They both agreed it was fair at best. My other daughter had the appetizer but I didn"t hear any lip smacking or request for extra napkins in the front seat. All in all an ok meal that even the zombies and giant man could not save.

Pros:

Drive in atmosphere, sitting in a convertible, corny movies

Cons:

Reduced menu, no steak, food just ok, difficult to see your food due to very low lighting

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/20/2022

Best restaurant ever!!!!

Pros:

Great ambiance, and chocolate milkshakes!

Cons:

To dark for Dads

Reviewed by AmyKCL Review Date: 08/06/2022

We're a family of four with two adventurous eaters (adults) and two picky eaters (kids). We ate lunch at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater in July 2022, fulfilling a childhood dream of mine to eat there. Overall, we enjoyed the experience (my husband and I a little more than the kids). The kids had the chicken nuggets, fries, and ice cream sundaes. My husband and I had burgers, and he had a milkshake. The burgers were large and well-cooked. Regarding the ambience, the drive-in theater theming was really good. My husband especially enjoyed it. I anticipated that my 9-year-old and 6-year-old would like it as well, but they were a bit scared and confused by some of the film previews. Our server was excellent and accommodating; he prepared our kids' sundaes to go. And, when my youngest dropped his sundae cup on the way out the door (causing immediate tears), several cast members swept into action to replace it quickly. This experience is not a must-do for return trips, but I would definitely recommend it.

Pros:

Theming Good burgers Friendly service

Cons:

Scary film previews

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/01/2022

Took the family here a couple of years ago. My daughter wanted to try something new. The atmosphere was great. Loved sitting in the cars. The waiter we had was great and the food was good.

Pros:

The atmosphere and the service was great.

Cons:

They do rush because they have so many people that are coming in

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/27/2022

I was so sad about the experience we had at this place! It was my favorite as a kid so I went in with really high expectations. To start, when we were seated at our table it was filthy. It had clearly not been wiped down from the last people who sat there. Our server was very friendly, but was obviously stretched way too thin with his work load. (A lot of places are dealing with staffing issues it's totally understandable.) Because of that though, it took a long time for us to be waited on. The whole point of going to this restaurant is the atmosphere and it was extremely underwhelming. The short clips playing on the big screen were being played on a very quiet volume to where we couldn't hear anything. Also it was a loop of the same few clips over and over again. It was also extremely awkward sharing the same car with another couple seated in front of us. The burgers and fries were decent, but nothing memorable. I am still giving a 6/10 for the nostalgia of this place. I wouldn't eat here again though.

Pros:

Nostalgic Friendly server

Cons:

Underwhelming atmosphere Poor cleanliness Slow service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/13/2022

I was at Sci- Fi on Saturday, June 4th and had the best meal I ate during my week at Disney! I had the spicy margarita and the chicken pasta and it was DELICIOUS!!!!!

Pros:

Our entire family enjoyed the food and experience.

Cons:

A little dark and the 3rd row of seats in our car were strangers.

Reviewed by BeesinNJ Review Date: 05/22/2022

After reading so many reviews of this restaurant i wemt in with low expectations. We were hot sweaty and tired. Our server was soooo good! He made us laugh, great service. We had the classic burger and it was so good! I came home craving that burger. Steak fries were perfect. My daughter and I (party of 2) sat at the front row of our car and we chatted the entire time. The movie sounds were not that loud. I kinda wished they were louder! I will definitely be returning to sci fi.

Pros:

Environment is amazing! Great service.

Cons:

If you have more than 2 people your party will sit with others and will be difficult for you to engage with your party because of the car setup.

Reviewed by TeacherManJoe Review Date: 05/21/2022

Okay friends, sit down in your car-seat and let me tell you a little something:

Sci-Fi Dine-In is inarguably an iconic Disney dining location. Unique in its theming and experience, delightful for the kiddos, nothing wild and crazy that will make you anxious when it comes to food.

HOWEVER, it is not something that I can necessarily recommend doing more than once. This despite the fact that I have eaten here well more than one time.

The theming is fun and the concept of sitting in an old-times car to eat your meal is great…IN THEORY. However, the cars themselves and the little shelves to eat the food from are a bit more cramped than I would like them to be. Plus, facing the screen, while again part of the uniqueness of the experience, does not enable you to look at and talk to your beloved family member sitting next to you (though you may see this as an advantage, so I won’t judge you if you do). PLUS, this also actually makes it tough to take children to, as if you need to cut their food, help them, calm their little tiny selves at all, it all is made much tougher by the space provided.

Minor pet peeve that has seemed to only be a me thing: I don’t actually like that what’s playing on the screen is just little like 1-2 minute clips or trailers of old-timey movies. This means that you end up seeing the same clips over and over again, and don’t actually enjoy the whole point of why you are facing the screen in the first place. And these have not been changed over the years, so I have been seeing those same clips on repeat every time I have gone over the past 20 years or so (which is about 4 or 5 times).

The food is… fine. Comfort food, sometimes pretty tasty, and the milkshakes are yummy. But the food is largely pretty heavy and greasy. I love greasy food as much as the next guy, but this can make for a bit of a stomachache afterward.

My “Recommended” comes solely from a recommendation to go here ONCE if you never have been, especially if you have some chilluns.

Pros:

Great concept (at least in theory) Kids will often love this place! Comfort food

Cons:

Concept not as enjoyable in practice as it should be. Cramped space, dark, and not much chance to enjoy your family Food is pretty heavy

Reviewed by ShelbyE Review Date: 04/01/2022

I didn't love SciFi Dine In as much as I thought I would! I went with my husband and daughter and the seating was quite awkward. You sit in cars which is really cool, but with three people, I sat behind my husband and daughter and it was just odd to stare at the back of their heads and them try to turn around and talk to me. The food was pretty basic, I got the buffalo chicken salad. It was decent, but I've had better salads for cheaper around Disney.

Pros:

Unique

Cons:

Awkward Seating Dark Over-priced

Reviewed by MRZR1 Review Date: 03/22/2022

As a tradition, my wife and I eat at Sci-Fi on the first day of our trip. This year we were not able to secure a reservation on that day so we opted for another day. 3/9/22 @11:30. After we checked in we were seated in about 10 minutes, great table, front row of the car. We decided to try something different and do all appetizers. An order of Fried Pickles, an order of Chicken Tenders, and an order of Onion Rings. We received our drinks quickly and waited for our apps. The Fried Pickles were hot, fresh, and quite tasty. Now its down hill from here. Chicken Tenders were warm at best and extremely dry and chewy. Onion Rings were, well, I don't know what they were but they were not onions, more like onion meal or something and they were hard as a rock, cold, and NOT GOOD. Yes, OK, granted you do not go to the Sci-Fi for a gourmet dining experience but at least the food should taste like food. Our server was "OK" not the best but definitely not the worst, he did what he had to do and that was about it. Will we return? Well, after going to WDW for 28 years straight, we do not plan on returning to WDW at all, but, that's an entirely different review.

Pros:

Atmosphere, unique dining experience, you should try it at least once.

Cons:

Food, could not hear the sound for the screen very well.

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios