Reviews of Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Sci Fi Dine-In Theater

Sci Fi Dine-In Theater

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by MaggieHarpe Review Date: 01/16/2021

One of the best themed restaurants! This place is so fun! You really feel like you're in the 50's at a drive in theater. The food is pretty good, though not as good as at some places, but I would definitely eat here again!

Pros:

Fun theming, real sci-fi movie commercials and cartoons from the era, good food

Cons:

Could be creepy for little kids

Reviewed by SMDeMauro Review Date: 01/12/2021

Great burgers, pasta, and shakes! Very fun and unique setting. More quiet than most restaurants and dimly lit, which is a nice break from the general theme park noise and excitement. Take note, though, that the videos on the drive-in screen can be a bit scary for little ones. Lots of film clips from old horror movies with creepy monsters. As adults, we can laugh at how fake they look, but when we first brought our kids here when they were little (ages 3, 6, & 9), they were too frightened by the images to stay and we had to leave. Going back now as adults, they enjoyed it much more.

Pros:

Tasty food, fun theming, a nice break from park noise.

Cons:

Old horror movie monsters on the screen could be frightening for little ones.

Reviewed by CarlyMarie33 Review Date: 12/24/2020

theming is amazing, but i did not like the food. you do however get a lot for your money. the wait was long even though i reserved a table 60 days ahead of time. it still took over 20 minutes for us to get one.

Pros:

atmosphere, price, big portions

Cons:

food quality, busy

Reviewed by Jnet Review Date: 12/07/2020

Let's be honest you eat here for the theme not the food. The food is okay but nothing inspired, has always been tasty when I have ordered. But you want to eat here so that you can eat in the cars so make sure you prebook or you could end up at a normal table up the back. If you don't prebook the wait for a table is long.

Pros:

Theme and decor.

Cons:

Long waits if you don't prebook.

Reviewed by Corinnas Review Date: 12/07/2020

This restaurant has always been a favorite of mind. It has the best theming. We enjoyed sitting in a car and watching old clips like you were at a drive in. It is a lot of fun. The times we have been the food was great.

Pros:

Atmosphere is the best Sitting in a car

Cons:

A little dark

Reviewed by Alannadale Review Date: 12/06/2020

Loved this dining experience. The atmosphere is so fun and we loved eating in a car. We had a car in the front, I'm not sure it would have been as much fun if we were sitting in the back. Our food was good, I loved the onion rings.

Pros:

Fun atmosphere and good food. Service was good.

Cons:

It is dark, so you can't see your table very well

Reviewed by MJandJimmy Review Date: 11/14/2020

Nice enough spot to experience the atmosphere of a drive-in to watch movie trailers. Decent selection, though pricey out of pocket if not on meal plan (which is not available right now).

Pros:

The burgers are actually quite tasty and a decent portion. I had the burger with bleu cheese and got one of the meteor cups (drink in glow in the dark cup with a glow cube).

Cons:

The price. But actually to be expected as you are paying for the atmosphere.

Reviewed by Jade Review Date: 11/12/2020

My heart is sad to write this one. I had low expectations for the food here and unfortunately those low expectations were met. Let's start with the good. The theming of this restaurant is fun! You get to sit in a vintage car and see clips of old Sci Fi movies and cartoons while you are eating. The staff were very nice but the food ... Oh man, it just wasn't good. The best part of our meal was the appetizers: wedge salad and fried pickles. The salad was fresh and the pickles were nice and crispy. The barbecue burger and cheesesteak sandwiches were letdowns. Too much bread, non-melted cheese and non seasoned meat. Just so sad. The fries weren't even good. Where are the Disney fries? These were a thicker cut fry and just not as tasty as the ones you get at counter service. The s'mores brownie dessert was okay. I would skip this restaurant unless you really just want the experience.

Pros:

The theming in this restaurant is amazing! You get to eat in a car and watch B-reels! So fun!

Cons:

The food was not good

Reviewed by JenGross Review Date: 11/10/2020

Ate lunch here in January 2020. The chicken noodle soup, kids cheeseburger meal, and turkey club croissant were all great. I love how the waitress read my mind and gave me my coffee refill in a to-go cup!

This is a nice place to cool off (physically and mentally). With the lights dimmed, it's a great getaway from the bightness and noise of the day.

Pros:

Dark Cool Quiet Fun Inexpensive

Cons:

Can be tricky to get a reservation

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/02/2020

Last visited Dec 2019. Bad food and even worse service. 1st time visitors...very disappointed. Quality of food was just down right poor. And don't try to get any of your order corrected, you can't find a server. Just bad!

Pros:

Cute idea

Cons:

Bad, bad food and very bad service.

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios