Reviews of Tusker House Lunch and Dinner Buffet

View Menus at Tusker House Restaurant Dining Location

Cuisines: African, American
Read more about Tusker House here including a link to the menu:

Tusker House Lunch and Dinner Buffet

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/08/2019

Tried Tusker House for the first time as part of the Rivers of Light seating package. I wanted to love my experience but unfortunately I just did not. I had read other reviews stating that there were choices for picky eaters given the international flair of Tusker House’s food options, but found that was not the case for some of my family members who ended up eating mashed potatoes and mac and cheese from the children’s buffet. I consider myself to be more of an adventurous eater who can handle spice, but many of the dishes I selected were on the overly spicy side. While I did not ‘hate’ this dining experience, there are many other dining choices I would make first before eating here again.

Pros:

Quick to get in and out, nice character interactions, helpful staff members

Cons:

Many spicy dishes, odd location of plates underneath serving lines

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 06/07/2019

Restaurant was very crowded and loud. We received an allergy menu showing which food items were acceptable for multiple allergies. All the food was fresh, plentiful, and better than most other buffets on property. The characters were interactive and fun. Our server was very friendly and frequently checked on us.

Pros:

Food selection. Characters

Cons:

Very expensive

Reviewed by KimH134 Review Date: 04/21/2019

Character dining.

Pros:

Characters! It's fun to see them in their safari outfits. Unique foods.

Cons:

Pickier eaters may have a hard time finding food.

Reviewed by MarLL55 Review Date: 04/18/2019

My husband and I ate at Tusker House our first night of arrival. It is always a fun time especially if you have children because of the characters that come around to the tables. The buffet is plentiful with both American and some African dishes. Food is always tasty.

Pros:

The atmosphere is fun.

Reviewed by Disney gram Review Date: 04/17/2019

Tusker House buffet’s food was great! There were so many choices of African and Mediterranean dishes.

Pros:

Great food! So many chances for pictures with the characters for young and old. We were also told to not feel rushed snd to stay as long as we wanted.

Cons:

So many choices of food!

Reviewed by Melanie M Review Date: 04/17/2019

One of my favorites. Great variety and great tasting. A bit noisy depending on the time of day, but the food is worth the noise!

Pros:

Great food, interesting atmosphere,good variety for everyone.

Cons:

noisy, check in is sometimes a long wait

Reviewed by tink Review Date: 03/01/2019

I ate solo for dinner. I did not feel out of place.There are cast members with the characters who can take your picture.They have a variety of food including different beads and chutanies.they didn't have that many meat dishes.They also have plain chicken and rice.

Pros:

the characters variety of food

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2018

We had a late lunch here that was delightful. The food was very good. We loved the fish and all the dessert options. So much good food to choose from.

We got to see all of the characters right away and even got to hangout with goofy twice. The characters were extra amazing when interacting with small kids.

Our waitress was helpful and efficient but not overly friendly. Which was slightly offputting but not enough to make a bad impression. It was however super loud! We were seated at a two person table surrounded by large party tables all for 6 or more. All with loud, screaming kids.

We also had to wait 20 minutes after our reservation time even though we showed up 15 minutes early.

I would give it an 8 for our last visit. My guess is with a more happy, energetic waitress and less rambunctious table guests, it could be higher.

Pros:

Food, characters and the restaurant decor.

Cons:

Loud.

Reviewed by aileens2284 Review Date: 12/30/2018

Our group of 10 visited for lunch. This is now on our must visit list. It was one of our favorites! There is such a variety of food options, and everything was so good. It was fun to try new things as well as all the standard items on a buffet. The characters all visited our table at least once. We had ADR, and it was busy but we were seated right away. Our server explained how our ROL dining package works and was very attentive and patient with us.

Pros:

food, atmosphere, cast members, characters

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

Another excellent trip to Tusker House on 11/2/18 for our party of 10 with a turmeric allergy. The chef walked me around the buffet and indicated what I should avoid eating. The food is delicious, hot, plentiful and fresh. The carving station is awesome and the character interaction was excellent - especially Goofy! We really enjoy this restaurant and plan to return every trip.

Other topics in Animal Kingdom