Reviews of Tusker House Lunch and Dinner Buffet

Other Menus at Tusker House Restaurant

Tusker House Restaurant

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by BiggestStitchsGreatEscapeFan Review Date: 03/03/2021

Me and my best friend experienced this place for the first time on his first trip to WDW. I made reservations after hearing how great the food, service, and character interaction is, and I gotta tell ya, I agree on all 3! The actually engage in conversation with you and you'll walk out pretty full if not too careful, LOL! You may not be able to try everything, but you'll get your money's worth for sure!

Pros:

It's a Fab 5 meal that offers something for everyone!

Cons:

Minnie Mouse and Pluto are some of the characters that aren't here. May be a bit adventurous for some but it's worth checking out!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/21/2021

This is one of my favorite places to eat. I love seeing the characters in their safari outfits. It is also a good place for me, a picky eater, to try some yummy food without having to commit to a whole meal. All of the food I have tried here was good.

Pros:

good food. good chance for picky eaters to try new foods

Cons:

big place, characters could take a while to get to your table.

Reviewed by tetimko5 Review Date: 02/13/2021

My favorite place for sit down lunch in the Animal Kingdom. I would definitely suggest this restaurant if you don't want to wait in lines to meet characters because here they will come to you! They have a good list for drinks and lots of options for both picky eaters and those that want to try new things! They also have a good selection for kiddos too. This is a great use of a dining credit if you are on the dining plan, otherwise, it is a bit pricey! Well worth it though if you love the characters!

Pros:

great way to meet characters, lots of tasty options

Cons:

can be very busy, hard to get ADR, and expensive!

Reviewed by AllyMom914 Review Date: 11/18/2020

One of the best Character Dining experiences and some of the best food. The kids get up and dance with the Characters and all still come around to all the tables. We came at a late lunch not quite dinner time. We got each Character at least twice. Some of the best buffet style food you're gonna get. And a great variety of options.

Pros:

Great Character interactions

Cons:

If you aren't adventurous with your food this may not be for you. Still was great food but not your chicken tenders and fries kinda place.

Reviewed by Lyndsay Review Date: 11/02/2020

This is my favorite place in Animal Kingdom. I love the variety of interesting foods and comfort foods.

Pros:

something for everyone

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/17/2020

This is a must do for me. They have a wide variety of foods. Healthy to different to comfort, EVERYTHING. I enjoyed trying some African flavors, but also was comforted knowing I could fall back on some mac and cheese. The characters had the cutest outfits on and they came around more than once! I will go back here and recommend to anyone.

Pros:

food variety and taste

Cons:

did not have any

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/15/2020

Not great

Pros:

the ceiling is lovely

Cons:

the food is not tasty and the characters take too long in making their rounds so you feel like you're stuck there

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/28/2020

This place never fails to disappoint - although those who are less interested in slightly exotic food on the buffet should probably just book elsewhere. Each of us has favorites here, from the coconut-curry shrimp to the salmon to the assortment of stews. Dessert is not the best on property, but who cares - that's a minor thing in a World where you can get a sugar fix on literally every corner. Servers here have always been great too. Now, if we could just figure out how to not end up being seated in the same out-of-the-way room every. single. trip.

Pros:

Good variety of interesting food on the buffet. Service has always been efficient and very helpful/friendly. Characters are quite good - especially Goofy and Donald.

Cons:

Might not appeal to some palates. Can be crowded at peak times. Seating can be inconvenient depending on which area/room they put you in.

Reviewed by ElizabethMarie Review Date: 04/25/2020

The food is great and something a little different from what I normally think of as typical theme park food. I'm not even a very adventurous eater and I avoid pretty much anything spicy, but I had an easy time finding lots of things I liked here. The flavors were great and there were plenty of options. I also love the Safari characters, we typically go to Disney at non peak times, but we've had good luck with seeing all the characters in a pretty short amount of time here.

Pros:

Safari characters, great roasted meats, great atmosphere, standard options for kids

Cons:

Not a great place for adults that don't like African flavors

Reviewed by Shularc Review Date: 04/24/2020

Best Character meal. Amazing food, and great Interactions. Go between lunch and dinner for the opportunity to see the characters multiple times.

Pros:

Great Food, and Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Daisy.

Other topics in Animal Kingdom