Reviews of Harambe Market

Harambe Market

Services: Quick Service

Reviewed by rahbekah Review Date: 07/22/2021

I had a delicious plate of ribs here on a hot, busy day, and they were pretty good! The lines can be very long and it may not be super worth it, but I think this place doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Pros:

Pretty good food, amazing theming

Cons:

Long lines, not always super great

Reviewed by madteaparty Review Date: 05/10/2021

Love this little area of DAK. The theme is super immersive and the food is delicious- my favorite was the chicken kebab, though I’m not sure if that’s still on the menu. Either way, the chicken here is so good, especially for a quick service meal, and if you can grab a good table, it’s well worth a visit.

Pros:

Tasty food, cute little area

Cons:

Can get busy/crowded

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/27/2021

Great variety of food here! Had an amazing Mediterranean salad. Chicken tasted so fresh

Pros:

Fresh food, nice variety, a lot of seating

Cons:

Can get crowded

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/15/2020

Went here on latest trip, and it exceeded expectations. The bowls, especially chicken rice bowls, are delicious! Harambe is quick and the prices are very fair. Food is similar to what you'd get at a chipotle and kind of like a less expensive, more limited version of Satu'li Canteen. Personally, definitely coming back, but it depends on your taste and your family's preference.

Pros:

Quick, easy, moderately cheap, great value, great quality food, lots of seating, close to Kilimanjaro Safaris and Festival of the Lion King, great theming and atmosphere

Cons:

Not a place for picky eaters, completely outside, uncomfortable on a hot and sunny or rainy day, limited menu options

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/28/2020

This was much better when it first opened, before they downsized the menu. Last visit at the end of 2019 was disappointing. We love the theming, though, and the ability to charge a phone and sit under an umbrella for a little while during lunch is nice.

Pros:

Location - Busy Africa needs quick-service options

Cons:

Menu is small.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/14/2018

Nasty taste, over seasoned over cooked meat.It was our worst meal ever at WDW. Will never go back..

Pros:

None, trash worthy? Yes that is where our meal went.

Cons:

so over seasoned it made me sick

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

I have eaten here several times and always had the Chicken Tikka Masala. i did not find anything on the menu that I wanted so probably will not eat here again.

Pros:

Cons:

no indoor seating changed the menu

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/25/2018

We love the Harambe Market dining area. We have eaten there several times. It is so well themed with its miss matched tables and chairs. It is a colorful, shaded and relaxing outdoor area. However, when we were there this summer, our very favorite and every time dish - the Chicken Tikka Masala had been removed from the menu. It was quite delicious and served with pita bread and the wonderful and unusual black eyed pea salad. It is a great disappointment to have this removed from the menu. I would have given it a 10 if the menu had not been changed. Now I am not sure if I will find something on the menu that I like since I don't eat beef or lamb.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

menu changes

Reviewed by AmicableMattress Review Date: 10/09/2017

I can't stand the hamburger/ ice-cream typical park fare all the time, I feel sick, I need roughage. This place has an excellent veggie stack that is delicious & unique & I eat it about every time I go to Animal Kingdom.

Pros:

Delicious, unique, quality, veggie heavy options, healthier, lots of seating

Cons:

Que very awkward

Reviewed by jenvest Review Date: 04/05/2017

Our family of 5 ate here for lunch and while it was pricey, it was actually pretty cheap compared to most places we ate at Disney, especially as the quality was high and the menu was unique. Not sure why it was in Africa, though. It seemed more Indian/Greek flavors to our family.

My husband and Norwegian daughter had the Tikka Masala Chicken. I had a taste and it was really good. Tasted like Indian food. I had the gyro which I really enjoyed, meat to bread ratio was great. My daughter had the chicken skewer and she said it was tasty and my son had the sausage which is like a very large corn dog. He said it was good, but he would have rather had it without the corn layer. He said there was a slight bit of a curry flavor to the corn breading.

Those of us who are more adventurous really liked the bean salad. It was had different seasonings to it, but tasted really nice together. The slaw was like Sauerkraut with stringed cabbage and carrots. If you like Sauerkraut, you would probably like the slaw.

Pros:

Different, tasty

Cons:

Pricy

Other topics in Animal Kingdom