Reviews of Tiffins

Other Menus at Tiffins

Tiffins

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by jd101506 Review Date: 03/02/2021

We've been to Tiffins twice, once in October of 2019 and once in Feb of 2020. Both times, the food was very good for a Disney park. This is not a restaurant for picky eaters or children looking for "park fare". The menu is small, and its well advertised they function on an African or South American cuisine. Definitely look at the menu ahead of time! We loved the lighter starters and the seafood. My wife THOROUGHLY enjoyed the Potato Pave, and we have since made it several times at home since. The ambience changes a bit, and was tastefully decorated. Our servers were average (For Disney, which is to say great compared to normal restaurants), neither knocked our socks off but they were very good, friendly and helpful. Neither time did I leave unsatisfied, but I can say its quite expensive, even for Disney 'high end' food. We will very likely go back the next time we are in AK. We loved the location as AK is our favorite park to visit; being so close to the entrance of Pandora was a big plus! Side note: Nomad Lounge shares a kitchen with Tiffins, so if you want a cheaper way to experience similar quality, hit NL for lunch!

Pros:

-Ambiance -Near Pandora, eat dinner and experience Pandora in the dark after! -Unique dishes -Everything was well prepared/cooked -Reservations not hard to come by -Shares a kitchen with Nomad lounge -Potato Pave!

Cons:

-Pricey, even by Disney standards -Limited menu for picky folks -Reservations might be difficult to get

Reviewed by tetimko5 Review Date: 02/16/2021

We had an ADR for Tiffin's towards the end of the day at Animal Kingdom. It was a great way to end the night. The food was good, the service was great, and it was quiet in the restaurant. This might not be the best option if you have little kids. As others have said, the menu is a bit adventurous, but if you are here on a trip without kids, definitely consider it!

Pros:

Good for special occasion or adult only trip, good drinks and good food, not overly busy

Cons:

pricey, not for picky eaters

Reviewed by DisNanaofTN Review Date: 02/11/2021

This was out third time eating here. Every time has been amazing. The bread service is wonderful. We tried all the different bread and jam parings. We each our own bread favorites but both of us loved the ginger pear chutney the best.

Pros:

Great food Love looking at the artifacts from the Imagineers travels Nice date night place

Cons:

Too expensive to eat there more than once per trip

Reviewed by mystikmagix Review Date: 01/19/2021

The meal was one of the best I have ever eaten! The bread service was delicious along with the three choices to go with it. The butter chicken is the best butter chicken I have ever eaten! The Lion King desert is so delicious! Definitely will eat here again!

Pros:

Good food & service!

Reviewed by SMDeMauro Review Date: 01/12/2021

Very nice setting, good service, but food might not be for everyone. I've eaten here twice and the best things on the menu (the short rib and the whole fish) are very expensive.

Pros:

A more adventurous menu, so something different from the usual.

Cons:

Rather expensive for what you get.

Reviewed by Holly93 Review Date: 12/06/2020

Beware non-adventurous pallets. My friend and I ate here for the Rivers of Light package and we would not go back. The food wasn't bad... but it was all way too adventurous for our liking. Even the simple chicken dish was too adventurous for me and I'm not that picky. Service was a little slow for how few people were in the restaurant. I definitely wouldn't bring a child or picky eater here. It's not a super kid friendly restaurant. A little girl at a table accidentally knocked a small plate to the floor and when it broke, grumpy looking groups of adults and even some cast members glared her way! I was so sad for her and her family they looked so embarrassed. We'll definitely be skipping this one in the future.

Pros:

Fun theming

Cons:

Food is too adventurous for my taste or any picky eater and most kids. Not a great deal for the price. Slow service, took 20 minutes to get our receipt so we could leave and it wasn't even busy.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/20/2020

DD19 and I ate here on Re-Opening Saturday, 7/11. We had no intention of eating here, but to get out of a tropical downpour, we ducked in without a reservation and was seated immediately. We had excellent service (Bob) through the entire meal and we liked the atmosphere. We had the Bread 3 ways and the salad for our appetizers. I had the Shrimp and Grits for my entree and my daughter had the beef tenderloin. I enjoy every bit of my meal except for the yogurt dipping sauce that came with the bread. We both agreed it was not our cup of tea. I am from the South and have to say that the Shrimp and Grits are the best I have ever eaten. There are definitely unique flavor profiles here and a lot of warm spices in the food. It is top notch and worthy of the Signature status.

Pros:

Atmosphere, great food, excellent service

Cons:

A Bit Pricey, not a place for finicky eaters

Reviewed by JillC Review Date: 06/01/2020

We loved this one! We did it in the Festival of the Lion King package and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious and well worth the money. We also tried some more exotic choices and were so pleasantly surprised.

Pros:

delicious food exotic choices

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2020

I liked the food it was good but the food isnt worth the money it is. My brother ordered a 7 oz steak for 57 dollars and it was tiny!

Pros:

Good Food, Good Service and closer to exit/entrance.

Cons:

Way to expenive, small portions, exotic food, and long meal.

Reviewed by John Review Date: 03/29/2020

Great

Pros:

Our party of six ate at Tiffins for the third time in January 2020 and it seems to get better with age. Great food and service. I had the lamb and it was wonderful. I would highly recommend Tiffins.

Other topics in Animal Kingdom