Reviews of Mama Melrose's Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano Dining Location

Cuisines: Italian
Read more about Mama Melrose including links to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/31/2020

Love it here. Great option for a sit down meal in the park.

Pros:

Good food and service every time. Tucked away from traffic.

Cons:

Heavy food.

Reviewed by Deannavan Review Date: 03/29/2020

In all honesty, it wasn't bad. The drinks were good and the cast members were really friendly. And of course, I am always a big fan of a dessert platter and bread with dinner. However, I wasn't left truly amazed and will most likely try somewhere else in DHS for my next dinner.

Pros:

Decor, great cast members, dessert

Cons:

I can probably find better Italian food somewhere else

Reviewed by lisadunn40 Review Date: 03/26/2020

We make this a regular lunch spot when at HS. I'm not sure it's because the food is outstanding but more because it's a tradition for our family. The food is average Italian cuisine, nothing really on the menu that sets them apart. The flatbreads seemed to have changed their recipe since our last visit. They are more circular and doughy instead of elongated and crisp like what I think of when I think of flatbread and that was a little disappointing. The Sangria is refreshing on a hot day.

Pros:

The atmosphere and decor is quaint. It's nice to be able to have a sit down meal in the middle of the day to cool off and they take dining reservations.

Cons:

The food is just average.

Reviewed by kedkatie Review Date: 03/26/2020

After visiting WDW over 100 times, this is definitely a hit or miss for my family. Recently, the food has been fairly good. I have always enjoyed their flatbreads and recently got into the polenta cake, mushroom, and herb cauliflower entree. The service can be a little slow and the food isn't always the freshest, but honestly, I don't have anything too negative to say.

Pros:

Cute atmosphere

Cons:

Tight seating

Reviewed by lizzie1974 Review Date: 02/03/2020

After many years of going to WDW we finally decided to try Mama Melrose's. I went by the good review from the Dis as I trust they opinions. This was the worst meal I've had at Disney in many many years. We ordered the calamari. The oil was scorched. We let the waiter know it was not good. The flavor was terrible. He apologized and brought out a new order. But it was cooked in the same oil. We were very polite about and didn't make any fuss. We just let him know that the oil was making the dish taste awful.
We then waited for about 30 minutes for our entrees to arrive. The kitchen lost our ticket... I really should have just asked for the meal to be comped. My daughter's chicken parm was ok. My shrimp and tagliatelle was super salty. The dipping oil that came with the the bread service was also over salted.
We did get comped for the inedible calamari. And they offered us tickets to Fantastmic (the dining package tickets) and we accepted them. We didn't end up going though. (We got to ride Smuggler's Run instead!)

Pros:

Cons:

service was low quality food was less than chain restaurant quality

Reviewed by debg33 Review Date: 06/08/2019

Always a must do each trip. Service and food is always good. We do the Fantasmic! package which is worth the money. The section for seating for the show is great.

Pros:

Fantasmic! package, good food

Cons:

With the package, each person receives a dessert sampler which is good. However, not everyone is likes or is able to eat all of them. I wish you could choose one of the desserts from the menu.

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 05/07/2019

Mama Melrose's was a default choice. We were badly treated at Hollywood Brown Derby on our last trip, and Sci Fi and 50's Prime Time are not worth the money. However, we were pleasantly surprised with the food at Mama Melrose's and would return again. I had the cioppino, which was not in the style I am used to (no pasta), and my dining companions enjoyed their choices. We all appreciated that our pasta was al dente, and not mushy ala Olive Garden. Our server was attentive and cheerful, and the setting is fun, if noisy and busy. Desserts were good.

Pros:

Good service; decent food

Cons:

Noisy and busy

Reviewed by MassMike Review Date: 04/18/2019

Service is not so great, kinda pricey

Pros:

Good quality food and portions

Cons:

Long wait for service, can be crowded and noisy, very pricey for the dinner package

Reviewed by HunterBill Review Date: 01/14/2019

Ate here with the Fantasmic package in January as we have for the last several visits to the Studios. As usual, we felt well taken care of. Was surprised with a short term special were 3 appetizers for 5 people was included with the package. We remember getting apps before and feel that one appetizer for every 2 people actually works out better. Daughter with gluten allergy was thrilled to be able to get pasta. I had the steak, which has always been good, and felt that though the taste and doneness was excellent didn't have the char that I really liked.

Pros:

gluten free pasta

Cons:

lack of char

Reviewed by mschu2112 Review Date: 01/08/2019

Ate here for the first time in September during the Food and Wine Festival. Atmosphere was good, wait was short. We were seated at a two person table along the wall sort of off to the side so would have liked to be more on interior but no big issue. Food came out quickly and waiter was very good. Food was very good. Had a short rib over risotto and wife had I believe a chicken dish. We were on dining plan so drinks and desert were included. Desert sampler was average at best but ok. I am not an Italian fan; however, menu was good, food good and service was great!

Pros:

Service, great waiter, food

Cons:

desert sampler

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios