Reviews of Mama Melrose’s Lunch/Dinner

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/01/2022

Not Back to it’s Old Glory

Pros:

Great Bread

Cons:

Service terrible- changes to menu not good- used to be one of favorites, not anymore- empty drink glasses and I substituted chicken on my pasta and they couldn’t even cut it, Calamari presentation is cheap, workers are tired and overwhelmed- I would not spend the money

Reviewed by TotallySophia Review Date: 05/03/2022

We had dinner at Mama Melrose’s, and while there was it anything wrong with the food it was just ok. The ambiance is adorable, our server was great, but there wasn’t anything that made us feel like we need to go back.

Pros:

Ambiance

Cons:

It was ok, not great

Reviewed by bringouttheredhead Review Date: 03/07/2022

We have slowly been trying the different sit down locations and Mama Melrose\\'s turn finally happened. We know that it hasn't gotten stellar reviews but wanted to give it a go. Things started going down as son as we checked in. We did mobile check in 20 minutes early and then waiting until 25 minutes AFTER our reservation time to be called. Once inside, we realized that there were many open tables. Maybe short staffed? Once seated it took a long time to have our server come to our table and even longer to get two glasses of water, as it was a really hot day. We got the Caprese and Caesar salad and a Margherita pizza to share. Across the board- there was no flavor in anything. The tomatoes in the Caprese were not ripe and the mozzarella felt like something I have grabbed at the store. The Caesar salad tasted like a Dole bagged salad and the pizza was blah. Definitely not a place we would be returning to.

Pros:

Good for people who like basic food and no surprises

Cons:

So much better tood a stone\\'s thro from them.

Reviewed by orlandoresident Review Date: 10/05/2021

A few days ago we had a late lunch MAMA MELROSE'S restaurant a few days ago. It was our only meal that day. shortly after dining, I got horrible food poisoning. Vomiting, stomach cramps, nausea. The next day I couldn't go to park even we had a reservation. I slept about 20 hours, took a bunch of meds, and was sick for 2 days. My husband seems to be ok, but we had different entrees. My entree was shrimps with pasta. It never happened to me in Disney before.

Pros:

My husband was ok

Cons:

food poisoning

Reviewed by Kybishop22 Review Date: 09/06/2021

This place is a step up from Olive Garden, but that's not saying much. The food is fine. The environment is basic Italian. If you want good Italian while at WDW, hit up Via Napoli in EPCOT for your Italian fix.

Pros:

Quiet restaurant, nice staff

Cons:

Basic Italian food

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/06/2021

Pros:

Cons:

It is hard to mess up chicken parm —- and yet they have

Reviewed by lizzie1974 Review Date: 02/03/2020

After many years of going to WDW we finally decided to try Mama Melrose's. I went by the good review from the Dis as I trust they opinions. This was the worst meal I've had at Disney in many many years. We ordered the calamari. The oil was scorched. We let the waiter know it was not good. The flavor was terrible. He apologized and brought out a new order. But it was cooked in the same oil. We were very polite about and didn't make any fuss. We just let him know that the oil was making the dish taste awful.
We then waited for about 30 minutes for our entrees to arrive. The kitchen lost our ticket... I really should have just asked for the meal to be comped. My daughter's chicken parm was ok. My shrimp and tagliatelle was super salty. The dipping oil that came with the the bread service was also over salted.
We did get comped for the inedible calamari. And they offered us tickets to Fantastmic (the dining package tickets) and we accepted them. We didn't end up going though. (We got to ride Smuggler's Run instead!)

Pros:

Cons:

service was low quality food was less than chain restaurant quality

Reviewed by MassMike Review Date: 04/18/2019

Service is not so great, kinda pricey

Pros:

Good quality food and portions

Cons:

Long wait for service, can be crowded and noisy, very pricey for the dinner package

Reviewed by Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Not the worst meal I've had, but certainly not the best. Don't know why everyone raves about this place. I'm Irish and I make a better Italian meal. That being said, the waitress was a sweetheart. Good service, just boring food.

Pros:

Good service

Cons:

Bland food

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Decent Italian food. Nothing special. Good sized portions.

Pros:

Good sized portions. Can get the Fantastic dining package. Can usually get a reservation.

Cons:

Better themed dining in Hollywood Studios than this place.

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios