Reviews of Mama Melrose’s Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Jnet Review Date: 12/07/2020

We ate here as a part of the Fantasmic Dining package. Providing you eat the more expensive items on the menu and can eat all the courses it is great value. They had allergy friendly mains however the allergy friendly desserts left a lot to be desired. Portions were a good size and food was tasty.

Pros:

Value

Cons:

Not allergy friendly dessert wise.

Reviewed by Disney4me Review Date: 10/17/2020

The food was great. My husband had the steak and said it was the best he had ever eaten.

Pros:

Good food. Great service.

Reviewed by vdurbin Review Date: 04/10/2020

Food is okay at best. Prices decent for the portion. Definitely prefer the alfredo sauce over the red sauce.

Pros:

Free bread, decent portions for price.

Cons:

Food is kind of bland.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/08/2020

This is a hidden gem. The food was delicious. We always went to Pizza Planet. This was our first time without a kid and Pizza Planet is no more.
Finding this place was a happy accident.

Pros:

Good food. Small crowd

Cons:

A little pricy.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/07/2020

Steak with Mac and cheese is amazing!

Pros:

Food is amazing!

Cons:

It’s in the very back of the park. The theme is ok, could be better.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/31/2020

Love it here. Great option for a sit down meal in the park.

Pros:

Good food and service every time. Tucked away from traffic.

Cons:

Heavy food.

Reviewed by Deannavan Review Date: 03/29/2020

In all honesty, it wasn't bad. The drinks were good and the cast members were really friendly. And of course, I am always a big fan of a dessert platter and bread with dinner. However, I wasn't left truly amazed and will most likely try somewhere else in DHS for my next dinner.

Pros:

Decor, great cast members, dessert

Cons:

I can probably find better Italian food somewhere else

Reviewed by lisadunn40 Review Date: 03/26/2020

We make this a regular lunch spot when at HS. I'm not sure it's because the food is outstanding but more because it's a tradition for our family. The food is average Italian cuisine, nothing really on the menu that sets them apart. The flatbreads seemed to have changed their recipe since our last visit. They are more circular and doughy instead of elongated and crisp like what I think of when I think of flatbread and that was a little disappointing. The Sangria is refreshing on a hot day.

Pros:

The atmosphere and decor is quaint. It's nice to be able to have a sit down meal in the middle of the day to cool off and they take dining reservations.

Cons:

The food is just average.

Reviewed by kedkatie Review Date: 03/26/2020

After visiting WDW over 100 times, this is definitely a hit or miss for my family. Recently, the food has been fairly good. I have always enjoyed their flatbreads and recently got into the polenta cake, mushroom, and herb cauliflower entree. The service can be a little slow and the food isn't always the freshest, but honestly, I don't have anything too negative to say.

Pros:

Cute atmosphere

Cons:

Tight seating

Reviewed by lizzie1974 Review Date: 02/03/2020

After many years of going to WDW we finally decided to try Mama Melrose's. I went by the good review from the Dis as I trust they opinions. This was the worst meal I've had at Disney in many many years. We ordered the calamari. The oil was scorched. We let the waiter know it was not good. The flavor was terrible. He apologized and brought out a new order. But it was cooked in the same oil. We were very polite about and didn't make any fuss. We just let him know that the oil was making the dish taste awful.
We then waited for about 30 minutes for our entrees to arrive. The kitchen lost our ticket... I really should have just asked for the meal to be comped. My daughter's chicken parm was ok. My shrimp and tagliatelle was super salty. The dipping oil that came with the the bread service was also over salted.
We did get comped for the inedible calamari. And they offered us tickets to Fantastmic (the dining package tickets) and we accepted them. We didn't end up going though. (We got to ride Smuggler's Run instead!)

Pros:

Cons:

service was low quality food was less than chain restaurant quality

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios