Reviews of Skipper Canteen

Other Menus at Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/13/2021

Hands down the BEST restaurant in MK. There are enough options that your picky eaters will find something delicious and your adventurous eaters can find something new to try! The portions are huge (though not 50's prime time huge) and a meal could easily be shared if you like. The waiters were super funny and attentive and the theming is phenomenal. If you are going to MK and do not have a reservation here you need to hop online and get one NOW. Like don't finish reading reviews go get a reservation. You cannot miss this one.

Pros:

Everything!

Cons:

Nothing!

Reviewed by Zuzu71 Review Date: 09/06/2021

This place is so good and so fun. I started a dance party with the cast members at the host stand. For real. It was beyond fun. The atmosphere is perfect, and the food was delicious. Service was super fun. I doubt I could go to MK without eating here. Get the Brazilian cheese bread. Thank me later.

Pros:

CMs Atmosphere Food

Cons:

There. Are. None.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/05/2021

My husband and I ate here on our 20th anniversary trip in June. It was a fun experience and the food was excellent. Our server's name alludes me, but he was awesome! I had the Hardy Har Char Siu Pork & my hubby had the Dr. Falls Signature grilled steak. We had the Kungaloosh! for dessert.(so yummy!) We sat in the S.E.A room. It was fun walking around and seeing all of the little details.One more thing ask for the secret appetizer. You won't regret it!

Pros:

Excellent food Great service Neat atmosphere

Cons:

Price Picky eaters may not like the menu.

Reviewed by KevintheSnipe Review Date: 08/17/2021

My family ate here for the first time our last trip and we all loved the food that we ordered! It was all delicious and unique. There were some unique dishes and some more “adventurous” food that you don’t find much of in the Magic Kingdom. The atmosphere was fun with lots of nods to Disney movies and lots of Easter eggs referencing different parts of the Jungle Cruise attraction. All the drinks were great, and we all enjoyed the Our server here was very nice and came by multiple times to check on us. They joked with us a lot! My family’s favorite dining spot in MK!

Pros:

Good food, atmosphere and service. Typically, not too crowded and not too difficult to snag a reservation.

Cons:

Not everyone will enjoy the food

Reviewed by BoysMom3 Review Date: 07/14/2021

Enjoyed our lunch here. I love the theming and the unique food you can order here!

Pros:

Theming, unique entrees

Cons:

Not good for picky eaters

Reviewed by Faelen Review Date: 07/14/2021

I've eaten here twice and i've loved both time. Its a great way to get out of the heat, and the theming is fun. The food is good too, and has a cool twist on classic stuff.

Pros:

the puns and food

Cons:

if your a picky eater it can be difficult to find stuff.

Reviewed by StarTours1401 Review Date: 06/24/2021

My husband and I ate at Skipper Canteen on our recent honeymoon (June 2021). As fans of the Jungle Cruise ride, we were looking forward to trying out the restaurant. We both really enjoyed the food and atmosphere! It’s a great extension of the adventurous and punny ride. Our server was excellent and made us laugh. The food was more exotic than other Disney restaurants, but in a good way! I enjoyed my “Tastes Like Chicken... Cause It Is,” but the breading was slightly thicker than I prefer. My husband had a noodle dish that was amazing! We also split the Pao de Caijo appetizer, which was a type of cheese bread with dip. It was awesome! I’d definitely recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a departure from the typical burgers and hot dogs!

Pros:

- Fun atmosphere with ties to the Jungle Cruise ride - Tasty food for more adventurous eaters

Cons:

- May not please picky eaters

Reviewed by Kyrie Review Date: 05/30/2021

We had some of our favorite food in WDW here. We LOVED the Pão de queijo and the cachapas. We split the char sui pork for our entree, and it was ok. Seems like (at least from the pork we had), they keep flavors/spices pretty mild even though it is "adventurous" for Magic Kingdom. I can tell the menu might be a little hit or miss but the hits were amazing. The kungaloosh beer and the sangria were both tasty and refreshing. Our server was friendly and that dry jungle cruise humor definitely comes through.

Pros:

Appetizers, drinks, definitely the most flavorful food in Magic Kingdom

Cons:

Hit or miss menu, slightly rushed service

Reviewed by KimberlyCabrera Review Date: 04/11/2021

Although the atmosphere was nice, the food is my least favorite of all Disney restaurants I have tried

Pros:

Meh

Cons:

Menu seemed limited, food was mediocre at best

Reviewed by nicoletighe Review Date: 03/24/2021

I really enjoyed my restaurant experience at Skipper Canteen. Knowing someone who worked as a host there persuaded me in trying it on my December 2020 trip. The cachapas, crispy-fried chicken, pork, and Thai noodles are all excellent dishes here! The theming is also awesome as I love the Jungle Cruise (one of my favorite rides). I don't find the desserts to be appealing and the reservations are hard to grab, but definitely give it a try! It might be a bit out of your comfort zone food-wise, but the funny skippers that are your waiters are so much fun!

Pros:

Appetizers and entrees, Jungle Cruise theming, excellent service and staff!

Cons:

Desserts are a bit of a letdown, food can be too adventurous, hard to get a reservation