Reviews of Skipper Canteen

Other Menus at Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen

Reviewed by SMDeMauro Review Date: 01/12/2021

Fun setting with interesting menu options. We've eaten here multiple times. We've had great, fun Skippers (servers) and not so great. We've had great food and not so great. Our most recent visit was excellent, partly because we've learned what to order (the steak and the fish are consistently tasty, the chicken and the sui pork tend to be dry) and partly because our Skipper was fantastic!

Pros:

When you have a fun Skipper and order the tastier menu options, this is a really fun dining experience.

Cons:

If you have a Skipper who just isn't in a fun mood and if you order a menu item that is hit or miss, your experience might be disappointing. I still recommend giving it another try on a future visit.

Reviewed by vickey t Review Date: 01/06/2021

Chef Candie on 12/28 was the best. I have many food allergies to which Disney is always accommodating. I must say she went above and beyond. It was the first time the Chef came out half way through my meal to ensure I was satisfied and pleased. Wish I had the email of person in charge of the restaurant to shout out kudos to her.

Pros:

decore, attention to patrons, social distancing protocols

Cons:

non I viewed

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/14/2020

Delicious food for someone who wants more than chicken tenders or hamburgers.

Pros:

Adventurous menu, great atmosphere

Reviewed by marissaelliott27 Review Date: 12/07/2020

Dined here in November 2020. My boyfriend and I chose to not plan our dining until day of and this was the only option available for dinner. Neither of us had ever been here, so we figured why not try it out. I was VERY impressed!! The atmosphere was a lot of fun, as the staff have the same persona as the skippers everyone loves on the Jungle Cruise. Our skipper made our meal so much fun while still providing excellent and quick service. We both had the pad thai and weren't disappointed at all! Portion wasn't huge by any means but absolutely big enough to justify the price. The size was perfect since we'd been snacking all day in Magic Kingdom anyway. They also have Tusker Lager, which became my new favorite beer after we stopped by the Africa pavilion the day before in Epcot. All around great meal and fun environment!

Pros:

hilarious skippers, unique menu items, fairly priced (especially for being in Magic Kingdom)

Cons:

limited menu, very picky eaters probably won't love it

Reviewed by MeganC Review Date: 11/17/2020

If there are two things I enjoy in life, it’s kitsch and interesting food. Skipper Canteen hits the spot for both. I ate there for the first time on my most recent trip in October and I’m definitely going to have a difficult time choosing between trying a new table service restaurant and just coming back to this restaurant next time. I really love the explorer theme and the size of the restaurant is very deceiving from the outside. I had the Curried Vegetable Crew Stew and while it had some kick, it wasn’t anywhere near unbearably spicy. It was very good and paired well with the coconut rice served with the entree. I honestly cannot wait to eat here again!

Pros:

Great food Hilarious theming Very spacious Good service

Cons:

Maybe not the best for non-adventurous eaters

Reviewed by Jade Review Date: 11/12/2020

Super fun theming! Beautiful restaurant. A must if you are a fan of the Jungle Cruise and enjoy exotic flavors. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy any of the food I tried (dumplings,cachapas, tastes like chicken, kungaloosh). Maybe it was an off night for the kitchen. I'm willing to try it again since so many people say it's good.

Pros:

Theming and atmosphere, exotic flavors

Cons:

Might not be the best for non-adventurous eaters

Reviewed by dcmarvel311 Review Date: 11/11/2020

This place is the \"under the radar\" table dining experience many folks might be looking for at the Magic Kingdom. The menu is a bit more adventurous than many of the MK's food choices. The wait staff employs the same campy humor synonymous with the Jungle Cruise. The theming is genius with lots of little hidden gems and head-nods from Imagineers. The food is great and because their really is no link to a cartooned IP at this restaurant, it's a great MK option for folks without kiddos or with teen/college age kids.

Pros:

Menu variety, great flavors, fun wait staff

Cons:

Can be noisy if you're sat in the main dining space (don't have a headache)

Reviewed by owen Review Date: 10/12/2020

Had dinner here in October and this restaurant is now on our must do list for every trip. Had various entree's, appetizer's, and deserts and each was delicious, creative and wonderfully prepared. All four people in our party were pleased. In addition, theming and service are great.

Pros:

Food quality and preparation Service and atmosphere

Cons:

Wouldn't change a thing

Reviewed by PALionKingfan Review Date: 09/24/2020

I was very disappointed with this place. Great atmosphere and very well decorated but the food was just meh’. The waiter jokes are good but our waitress said them like a script and not like a corny joke as intended. I had the taste like chicken because it is. I’m not so sure it was because the chicken had no flavor and was all breading. The chili sauce was good but there was too much of it and it overpowered the chicken. Also, I was expecting a chicken cutlet but it was a quarter chicken with bones in it. Not holding my assumption against them but letting readers know.

Pros:

Great atmosphere, waiter jokes

Cons:

Bland food, waiter jokes

Reviewed by GabiChristie Review Date: 09/22/2020

An underrated gem! I'd especially recommend to adults (picky kids might have trouble). My mom and I ordered four appis to share and we were happy with all of them! I was under the impression that this is one of the restaurants where the servers roast you, but we didn't get that. It didn't diminish the experience though! The atmosphere and decor are so cool.

Pros:

Different food, atmosphere

Cons:

Might have just been our individual waiter but service was nothing exceptional