Reviews of Skipper Canteen

View Menus at Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen Dining Location

Cuisines: Asian, Other/Ethnic, African
Read more about Skipper Canteen including links to the menus and reviews here:

Themed around the famous Jungle Cruise attraction, this new Adventureland eatery features a wide variety of Asian and American dishes.

Reviewed by owen Review Date: 10/12/2020

Had dinner here in October and this restaurant is now on our must do list for every trip. Had various entree's, appetizer's, and deserts and each was delicious, creative and wonderfully prepared. All four people in our party were pleased. In addition, theming and service are great.

Pros:

Food quality and preparation Service and atmosphere

Cons:

Wouldn't change a thing

Reviewed by PALionKingfan Review Date: 09/24/2020

I was very disappointed with this place. Great atmosphere and very well decorated but the food was just meh’. The waiter jokes are good but our waitress said them like a script and not like a corny joke as intended. I had the taste like chicken because it is. I’m not so sure it was because the chicken had no flavor and was all breading. The chili sauce was good but there was too much of it and it overpowered the chicken. Also, I was expecting a chicken cutlet but it was a quarter chicken with bones in it. Not holding my assumption against them but letting readers know.

Pros:

Great atmosphere, waiter jokes

Cons:

Bland food, waiter jokes

Reviewed by GabiChristie Review Date: 09/22/2020

An underrated gem! I'd especially recommend to adults (picky kids might have trouble). My mom and I ordered four appis to share and we were happy with all of them! I was under the impression that this is one of the restaurants where the servers roast you, but we didn't get that. It didn't diminish the experience though! The atmosphere and decor are so cool.

Pros:

Different food, atmosphere

Cons:

Might have just been our individual waiter but service was nothing exceptional

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/01/2020

Best food in the Magic Kingdom

Pros:

Decent beer selection, interesting food items

Cons:

Reopening menu doesn't feature signature items like the whole fried fish

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/04/2020

Fun and varied menu, and I love the Jungle Cruise theming.

Pros:

Good food, excellent decorations. It's not as busy as some of the other MK restaurants.

Cons:

Menu could be a bit too adventurous for some.

Reviewed by Aricia Review Date: 04/21/2020

The service is the best part of the meal loved the puns!

Pros:

Not a long wait to get a table if you don’t have a reservation.

Cons:

Not a good choice if you have picky eaters in the party.

Reviewed by Deannavan Review Date: 03/29/2020

I wish the rating for this restaurant was higher. It was my first ever dining experience in WDW and it was honestly the best! I still have dreams about the Perkins Thai Noodles as well as the dessert. While there are definitely some adventurous eats on the menu I can assure you that everything will taste delicious.

Pros:

Great food, Hysterical Cast members, Amazing decor

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/19/2020

One of the best dining experiences inside Magic Kingdom. The menu is unique and the staff is fun as well as the decor. I wish Magic Kingdom had more dining like this.

Pros:

Unique menu, fun atmosphere and staff

Reviewed by Mino Review Date: 03/15/2020

I love the atmosphere, skippers and food here! Besides, how many other places can you get a beer in WDW Magic Kingdom?

Pros:

Stress relief and.....alcohol in Magic Kingdom!....plus it's very close to my favorite ride....Pirates!!!!!!

Cons:

Really?? NONE!!!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/19/2020

Not good! We had the most humorless waitress who seemed incredulous that we did not order alcoholic beverages. She told my husband he looked like a Stella Artois man-whatever that means? Our fried chicken dish was barely war, greasy, and an odd piece of chicken. The sauce drizzled on top was extremely salty. Oh, and I forgot the appetizer (because it was so forgettable). Falafel that was lukewarm and pasty. We could hardly get out of this restaurant fast enough. What an overpriced, mediocre spot!

Pros:

Location?

Cons:

Food Service Prices