Reviews of Carousel of Progress

A Walt Original from the 1964 NY World's Fair

Reviewed by CindyDathe Review Date: 05/12/2020

What a classic ride to go on when visiting WDW! Its a must do every time you go. Love the song. The story line is cute.

Pros:

Air conditioned. Good place if you need to rest your eyes. Song is catchy and you'll find yourself singing it later in life.

Cons:

Could use an update especially that last scene. Seems still 80s/90s looking. Also kind of funny how none of the characters never age over a course of the century.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/11/2020

This is a wonderful ride for resting for about 20 minuets lost of air conditioning.

Pros:

Good for a nap No lines more then like 5 minuets Air conditioning and rest Can ride multiple times without getting off Great soundtrack

Cons:

The awkward time jump of the last scene Can be a little boring Needs an update

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/04/2020

This is a fantastic ride that my family and I have ridden on since I can remember.

Pros:

Tons of hidden Mickey’s, entertaining, air conditioning, very cool animatronics

Reviewed by DisneyObsessed Review Date: 04/27/2020

On my last trip my family and I went on this and we got delayed because someone else was standing up. We were delayed for around ten minutes and almost missed our next fastpass. I would not recommend using a fastpass for this because you can usually walk right on. The ride takes around twenty minutes so if you'd like to take a break in the air conditioning i would recommend but if you want a fast, more thrilling attraction, i wouldn't recommend.

Pros:

Not a long wait, a nice break in the air conditioning

Cons:

Can be delayed, a very long attraction

Reviewed by HouseofTwirls Review Date: 04/24/2020

This is still one of my favorites. This is one that I liked as a kid and still LOVE as an adult but the best part was that my 11 and 13 year old kids loved it too!

Pros:

air conditioning and theater style seating, great for the entire family

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/23/2020

I think it just has a classic disney feel, and I’d a really nice place to get out of the Florida sun.

Pros:

Short wait time, classic disney feel, nice place to cool off

Cons:

Is a little bit on the longer side

Reviewed by KoleStewart1 Review Date: 04/20/2020

One of the most innovative things in the park, especially for its time. Also good to get out of the heat.

Pros:

Very good for getting out of the heat and all together a great experience.

Cons:

Could have some updating to the rotating mechanic.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/18/2020

A great, air conditioned, “show”. An original WDW attraction! We love looking for hidden Mickeys and learning about past decades. My 6 year old and I love the song.

Pros:

Indoor, air conditioning that gives you a break for a few min. Upbeat, happy song.

Cons:

The theatre itself could use an update.

Reviewed by DisneyJen07 Review Date: 04/18/2020

Love this ride! Such a classic and very relaxing.

Pros:

Perfect ride to sit down and relax.

Cons:

It can be lengthy if you're in a hurry (21 minutes)

Reviewed by JeremyL Review Date: 04/14/2020

It's an original! Ride it! Helpful hint; If your new born explodes his diaper, don't stand up while the ride is going and try to leave. They'll stop it and tell you to sit down.

Pros:

It's original and designed by Walt. Ride it! It's also air conditioned.

Cons:

Kind of dated. More nostalgia than anything.

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions