Reviews of Carousel of Progress

A Walt Original from the 1964 NY World's Fair

Reviewed by tga1828 Review Date: 11/17/2020

I loved this ride. This was such an entertaining attraction. The entire family loved it. Lots of information yet still entertaining and humourous.

Pros:

Air conditioned. Relaxing. Educational.

Reviewed by BrianFromBama Review Date: 11/15/2020

Back in the 70’s and 80’s I used to really like this ride but my kid will complain almost endlessly about doing this attraction. I now however still enjoy it for what it is, a cool place for everyone to just sit and relax for a few minutes. Despite the complaints, I still do this every visit.

Pros:

Cool, restful, relaxing

Cons:

Kids might hate it

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/03/2020

My boyfriend and I are in our 20s and looove this ride! There’s always a short line, if there is one at all, it’s inside in the shade and A/C. The story is so interesting and full of information. It’s amazing to hear how life was back in those times and see it for yourself.

Pros:

Inside with A/C, great song, great story line, time off of your feet.

Cons:

Children don’t enjoy as much as adults

Reviewed by MegYavoich Review Date: 10/29/2020

I know that many people love this ride and that it is a classic Disney attraction, but for me and my family it is basically a once and done. We added it to our first trip to have the experience, but will probably never choose to do it again. I'm going to say "no" for the recommend second of this review, but if you have never done it and the wait is low, I would say go ahead and check it out. However be cautioned that it may be difficult for children to sit for the entire show. It definitely was for mine. It is a bit long. My in-laws love this attraction and it seems to trend well with the over 50 crowd.

Pros:

In the air conditioning. Cool animatronics. Grandma and Grandpa LOVE it!

Cons:

Long and possibly boring for children. Zero re-rideability in my opinion.

Reviewed by JJKHughes04 Review Date: 09/14/2020

This is one of my favorite nostalgic rides at the Magic Kingdom. I love that its a sit down area where you can cool down and enjoy the show.

Pros:

Catchy song, AIR CONDITIONING, worked on by Walt

Cons:

...the catchy song my son and I love gets stuck in your head and drives my husband nuts

Reviewed by TheSuperheroNerd Review Date: 08/24/2020

The Carousel of Progress is a classic Disney ride that is known to most. Personally I find it rather boring as would most children. I would never go on it again and barely consider it worth my time originally.

Pros:

It it air conditioned has seating, and is indoors for rain. It also has history, a reflection of time, and easter eggs! It is also wheel chair assesible!

Cons:

It's very long getting up to 21 minutes. Which for the fast pace of Disney is long. It is also very boring and not engaging in the slightest.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/18/2020

This is a very fun ride with catchy music and a great message. It’s a great place to cool off and rest your feet. However, if you don’t have time for it you won’t miss it too much.

Pros:

Great place to cool down and rest your feet. An interesting take on how we have advanced and it has a positive message.

Cons:

Takes up a bit of time and isn’t as exciting as other rides.

Reviewed by MiraBeth98 Review Date: 08/09/2020

relaxing and classic piece of disney history

Pros:

air conditioned, place to sit

Cons:

one and done, no variety

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/03/2020

Classic Disney must-do. It’s fun to see the changes that are made throughout the decades.

Pros:

A great escape for a/c and resting your feet.

Cons:

You might fall asleep.

Reviewed by Braden Review Date: 07/26/2020

This is not my favorite attraction. It may be interesting to people interested in history but I don’t really like it.

Pros:

Historical and interesting and a short line.

Cons:

Very long, kids may be board, and is outdated.

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions