Reviews of Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/02/2022

This ride is honestly so underrated! This is a classic dark ride through the iconic story of the little mermaid. The animatronics are great! The music is amazing! A truly amazing attraction.

Pros:

Amazing Animatronics, Great music, Classic dark ride

Reviewed by Madreselva41 Review Date: 04/29/2022

It is a lovely ride, specially with little girls, but the animatronics show their age.

Pros:

pretty

Cons:

a bit old

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/27/2022

Love the music. the que lines is fun as well and temperature is great on a hot day.

Pros:

nostaligia

Reviewed by SmolderingJason Review Date: 02/18/2022

You take a journey through the story of The Little Mermaid. The animatronics are good and the lighting and effects really make you feel like you're part of the story. Doesn't hurt that the soundtrack still bops.

Pros:

Fun, underwater effects. Great music!

Cons:

Some scenes may frighten smaller guests.

Reviewed by MJandJimmy Review Date: 01/26/2022

Great classic ride through the story of the movie.

Pros:

Just a fun ride taking you through the story. Usually a very low wait.

Cons:

Definitely feel the Ariel scenes need a refresh. The kissing scene on boat she looks....scared? I guess if you are Molly.....Ursula being there is a con.

Reviewed by skinewyork Review Date: 01/12/2022

I keep trying to figure out why the imagineers thought this would be a great addition to fantasy land. The only thing I can figure is that it's the high-capacity ride that we're all so familiar with from the haunted mansion and the like. But in a word, it's...boring. The same story as the movie, but told...minimalisticly? The animatronics are pretty basic aside from the Ursula at the end who is neat, but also just kind of plopped there waving her arms. The one thing that I liked about this ride is the consistent theming from the approach to the queue, and all the way through the queue. You truly do feel transported into that world, and I don't know if I would have wandered over to this section of the park if it weren't for the ride.

Pros:

Great theming in this area of MK

Cons:

Boring.

Reviewed by mollystwin Review Date: 12/22/2021

A ride through journey in a clam shell. Enter prince Eric's castle and enjoy the relaxing ride through the little mermaid

Pros:

Dingelhoppers and whosits and whatsits galore

Cons:

Ursala was trying to steal my voice

Reviewed by LikeWonderland Review Date: 12/21/2021

I am a sucker for dark rides. I love this one, going backward into the sea is such a peaceful feeling.

Pros:

Dark ride

Cons:

Some find it boring - my wife slept the entire ride

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/27/2021

This ride feels very odd in my opinion let me explain! I feel that the ride is great on its own but for how many times it stops is very annoying! I know it is important to stop the ride but I feel like I’m taken out of the house experience

Pros:

Ursula Animatronic Theming

Cons:

A little boring Can get long lines Stops often

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/21/2021

I want to give this a 10, I love The Little Mermaid -it's my favorite Disney movie and I had great nostalgia for it, but the Ariel and Prince Eric animatronics are so, well, cheesy and not in a good way, that I had to knock it down several points. There are many many good elements from the way it takes you "under the sea" to the music and the many good animatronics (including Ursula -sorry Molly). I still encourage you to ride it and enjoy the whimsy of this amazing classic but just don't look at those two animatronics too closely as it ruins the magic somewhat

Pros:

Great music, based on a classic film that started the 90s resurgence of Disney animated films

Cons:

Ariel and Prince Eric animatronics

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions