Reviews of Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/15/2021

This is a great adaptation of the Little mermaid. The ride is super cool and a good way to cool off. The Ursula animatronic can be kinda creepy but I find her pretty funny. Lines usually are pretty reasonable, but can get a little longer than you should really wait for the ride.

Pros:

Excellent theming, A/C

Cons:

Lines can get a little longer than I would wait for ride.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/31/2021

Very fun ride!! It is a very similar ride to the Finding Nemo ride at Epcot!! Except is a Little Mermaid ride!! Very enjoyable and fun!!!

Pros:

Very relaxing fun and entertaining ride!!!

Cons:

This is not a thrill ride!!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/11/2021

Fans of the movie and especially little kids will really enjoy this attraction. It’s really cute and includes all the best elements of the story of the little mermaid. That said, every time I’ve been on this ride it either breaks down or gets stopped for one reason or another so if you’re in a rush or want to avoid getting stuck on a ride, I’d skip it for now

Pros:

Cute, classic attraction after a classic movie

Cons:

Breaks down a lot

Reviewed by rahbekah Review Date: 08/03/2021

Ride this one at least once. The line usually isn't that long, but there's nothing ground breaking about this dark storybook ride. There are some beautiful moments on this ride, but it's not something that I feel like I need to do every time.

Pros:

Nice, slow-moving ride with a detailed queue

Cons:

Nothing thrilling or worth waiting in a long line

Reviewed by katherineburley Review Date: 07/17/2021

Very fun ride for any Little Mermaid fans. Takes you through the story through a dark ride with fantastic animatronics, music, and scenery.

Pros:

-Makes you feel like you're in the story -That feeling when you tilt back and go "under the sea"

Cons:

-Not overly thrilling

Reviewed by KevintheSnipe Review Date: 06/19/2021

This is such a fun family ride in Fantasyland! I think the ride is so much fun and even though the animatronics may not be the most impressive, I think they are the perfect fit for this ride. I am always impressed with how realistic the Ursula animatronic is (Sorry, Molly) and I think overall, this is a fun ride that will please travelers in your party. I think the soundtrack is awesome and overall, this ride just has a fun vibe! While it may not be the most exciting ride and it may not be the highest priority for some people, I think this is a fun filler attraction, but I wouldn’t wait any more than 30 minutes for it.

Pros:

Fun music and a great filler attraction. One that is great to get out of the heat for a bit. Doesn’t usually have a long line and it has a really cool queue (though not as impressive as the ones such as seven dwarfs mine train or PP’s flight).

Cons:

Some scenes may be a bit too much for some younger guests such as the once with Ursula and Flotsam and Jetsam and there are some scenes that do get a little bit dark.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/12/2021

Fun with good music, but not the most exciting ride

Pros:

Music

Cons:

Ursula is scary for younger kids

Reviewed by ntre2112 Review Date: 04/12/2021

Fun & relaxing

Pros:

Great animatronics & good songs

Cons:

My 3 year old was terrified of Ursula.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/06/2021

Pros:

It’s ok

Cons:

They kinda called it in with this ride — the LM show in DS is much better

Reviewed by Skyrainbow88 Review Date: 03/29/2021

I LOVE THIS RIDE! It is one of my favorites in MK. Little Mermaid is one of my favorite Disney movies ever! I love the music from the movie, and I get to jam out to those songs in an attraction! I love the Ursula Animatronic (Molly would disagree) and how life-size she is! Even though this is one of my favorites, if I had a choice between Under the sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid, I would pick Space. This is still one of my favs though.

Pros:

Awesome Ursula Animatronic, and great music.

Cons:

not very thrilling.

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions