Reviews of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Reviewed by Mollysnumber1fan Review Date: 10/26/2021

Loved this ride so much! We we’re lucky enough to only have a 30 minute wait. The queue can be really hot especially when the sun is beating on you, so I don’t know if I’d wait over 45 minutes for it.

Pros:

Thrilling and great themeing

Cons:

Hot queue

Reviewed by RobinHoodsBow Review Date: 10/26/2021

My hubby and I love this ride! It was one we went on over and over and had me giggling the whole time and you couldn’t wipe the smile of my hubby’s face!

Pros:

Theming! Plus this ride has more zip than it looks like! Definitely a tummy tickler!

Cons:

Might be a little rough for littles. Might be a bit jerky for the older crowd

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/22/2021

It’s the greatest, WILDEST ride in the wilderness! This is a must do every time I come to Disney & great for all ages! For a more adventurous ride try to get the last row if possible!

Pros:

Perfect theming, great thrills, decent ride length!

Cons:

Can get a really long line sometimes.

Reviewed by ILoveDisneyWorld Review Date: 10/21/2021

This ride is one of the best in the park! I always recommend this ride to anyone going to Magic Kingdom for the first time. The ride is a good time length and has a lot of twists and turns throughout the whole thing!

Pros:

The theming is great, exciting

Cons:

No huge hills

Reviewed by DisneyKnapps17 Review Date: 10/21/2021

My husband and I love this ride. It is one of our favorites and a must do every time we visit. He doesn’t like roller coasters with big drops, so this one is perfect for him.

Pros:

No big hill Fun theming

Reviewed by jessica345 Review Date: 10/12/2021

Obviously a must-do! It does often have a long wait time, but the ride is so much fun and memorable. The queue has interactive features that help pass the time, but it's still an uncomfortable and crowded queue. Also note that, especially if you sit near the back, it can toss you around quite a bit. If you easily get whiplash, I'd recommend asking for a seat near the front. Also note that the ride is very short, but thrilling nonetheless. The theming is also incredible! I'd highly recommend this to any newcomers at Disney.

Pros:

Thrilling, fun ride Interactive queue Fun for all ages

Cons:

Usually has a long wait Queue can be uncomfortable and crowded Short ride time Can throw you around a bit

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/05/2021

Very great family coaster! The theming is absolutely amazing. However, I feel like Magic Kingdom’s BTMR could use a refurbishment. Disneyland keeps theirs so maintained and has many great effects that’s Disney World does not have. Also, Disneyland keeps their track smooth and Magic Kingdom’s can get bumpy.

Pros:

-Great family coaster -Absolutely iconic -Amazing theming

Cons:

-Can use a re-track along with new effects

Reviewed by ChefDionofLima Review Date: 09/29/2021

One of the best themed thrill rides in the MK. I dare you not to slide around. Love the theming. If you're gonna rope drop make this one of your first attractions. Pro tip, everyone usually takes the path through either Adventureland or Liberty Square. Don't walk all the way through Adventure land save time and steps by cutting between Aloha Aisle or by the Adventureland restrooms to beat the extra traffic.

Pros:

Excellent theming, high reridability because the ride experience is quite different depending on where you are sat.

Cons:

Wait times can be tough. And weather can shut the ride down.

Reviewed by JustinDoesDisney Review Date: 09/22/2021

A true classic (and I know that word is often overused, but this ride is worthy) Walt Disney World attraction! It is probably exactly what Walt had in mind when building The Carolwood Pacific Railroad in his backyard. It's not the fastest coaster in the world (or even Disney World), but the way it whips you around those sharp curves, it is truly an enjoyable experience for anyone meeting the 40-inch height requirement. For the wildest ride on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness, request the back row! 🙂

Pros:

Line usually moves quickly, classic Disney experience, theming/backstory

Cons:

Closes during inclement weather (ride it early!)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/20/2021

I love this ride as a thrill junky i am super exited to ride this ride every time i go

Pros:

Thrill,great themeing,classic

Cons:

Lines get long sometimes but not always

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions