Reviews of Be Our Guest Dinner

View Menus at Be Our Guest Dining Location

Children's Dinner Menu

Cuisines: French, American

Cuisines: French
Read more about Be Our Guest including links to menus and reviews here: http://allears.net/dining/location/be-our-guest

Full Service Dinner

Read prices, menu items, and more about Be Our Guest

Services: Table Service , Quick Service , Kiosk

Reviewed by sreynolds5 Review Date: 12/27/2019

We ate dinner here Thanksgiving week. It was our 2nd visit. I have to say the 1st visit, 5 yrs. ago, was incredible. The decor blew us away. The food was fantastic. We couldn't believe the Beast walked through the restaurant! But this time, the magic just wasn't there. Maybe because we knew what to expect. Maybe because the food just wasn't as good. I should have done my research because the pre-fix menu was a surprise to us. $62 per person plus 18% gratuity for an appetizer, main dish, & a dessert plate. I had the French Onion soup - delicious, petit fillet w/green beans & mashed potatoes - just OK. The dessert sampler was a small macron, a small sample of the grey stuff, and 1 fabulous chocolate truffle. The presentation is absolutely beautiful. Honestly, if I could have ordered the soup & dessert it would have been enough food. I was having a little trouble choking down dinner because of the cost. No one in our party was able to clean their plates -- too full of goodies from our park day! If we ever go back, I would definitely use the dining plan for this one. I would like to try the CS lunch (it was booked). I don't think we'll return until we have a granddaughter whose favorite movie is Beauty & the Beast:)

Pros:

Atmosphere & decor

Cons:

Not worth the $

Reviewed by beachpup Review Date: 12/04/2019

We have eaten here about 4 times previously for dinner, and have enjoyed it. We did notice a decline in quality the time before. This meal, we had the pork, which was cold, dry, and totally not worth the price. It's too bad, you can't beat the atmosphere, but the food has steadily declined in quality for dinner. I think the change to a prix-fix menu may have been the issue.

Pros:

Beautiful atmosphere, a truly unique dining experience

Cons:

Food is just not worth the price

Reviewed by EliseD Review Date: 10/16/2019

We have been wanting to try this for some time so we had a reservation for 7:50 PM for dinner. First, the staff was very nice. That is where the good really ends.

The rest rooms were rather dirty (papertowels overflowing out of the trash, etc) and they put us in the side room - NOT the main room. I did not know when you book this that they can either put you in a room to the left (which is really dark BTW) or a room on the right.

Our room did not have the WOW factor that the main dining room had and it was about 1/4 of the way full - this was suprising since it is "booked solid" all the time but there was tons of empty tables.

It is a price fix menu of $62 per person plus tip so that is expensive. For $62 I expect the food to be AWESOME. It was really awful. I have had better food in my college dining days!

First, the bread that they bring out was hard and felt stale. The server forgot the butter (not a big deal but still) The ap I got was the tuna which was not good and it was just three tiny portions.

The dinner I had was the steak which tasted like something I would get from my local grocery store. Honestly, the steak I cook at home is better than this. I would never plate this for a guest at my house, let alone at the prices they charge.

The desert was the only edible portion of dinner and it was three small almost candy like desserts.

Walking out of there $150 lighter for two people for a mediocre dining experience did not make my evening.

After spending hundreds of dollars to walk into a Disney park, the least they can do is make an edible dinner. I would not return here.

Pros:

Nice main dining room

Cons:

They sat us in another side room and the food was bad.

Reviewed by vickie1016 Review Date: 08/01/2019

Since Be Our Guest opened, we have always dined here for dinner (as well as bkfst & lunch). This year it is 2 dining credits, and not worth it at all. The apps were standard, small portions, nothing memorable. Dinner was just ok. DH had the pork, it was dry; DD had the steak, it was good; I had the lamb, it was good as well. The desserts were terrible! How, after all these years, you can mess up the Grey Stuff is beyond me - it had no flavor (I really think they forgot an ingredient!!)

The CMs were attentive & very nice. DD has braces & the bread was very crusty & she could not eat it. The CM went and got her a new basket of soft bread.

Now - not to be gross - the bathroom was FILTHY! In all the years at Disney, I have never witnessed a bathroom like that. I notified the front check in CM as the manager looked like he was dealing with another not so happy guest. (In fairness, we did eat two bkfst & one lunch here this same trip as well & the bathroom was messy at the lunch, but nothing like this dinner).

We will not be returning for dinner next year - quite possible the next two years.

Pros:

Cast members

Cons:

Apps, desserts & filthy bathroom.

Reviewed by EleanorofAquitaine Review Date: 05/21/2019

Ate here with my DH in late March. had always wanted to try it out, but was disappointed when we finally did. The place is crowded and noisy, albeit beautiful. We were seating in the coveted Rose Room, which was so dark we could not see the menu and had to pull out our phones' flashlight function. It was dark and noisy all night, and we did not find the effect of a gathering storm with occasional loud rumbles of thunder romantic in the least. Also, if it is supposed to be the room for the romantic dinners, why were so many small children seating in that room, making a lot of racket in most cases and staring at screens in other cases? Our waiter was very sweet and helpful. The food? Pretty good but not worth the trouble. Our appetizers (french onion soup and octopus) were wonderful. Entrees were okay--- we had the lamb and the filet mignon. Both were serviceable but not spectacular. Still, given the size of the place and the location inside Magic Kingdom, it was better than I had expected. The desserts, however, were just so-so. Everyone gushes about the "gray stuff" but while the presentation was cute, the dessert itself was bland. The little trio of desserts were a let-down. I'd have preferred to be able to order my preference and get a larger serving. The champagne was a little unusual and quite wonderful. It was disconcerting to have so many people wander past our table to see the Rose on display in our area. The tables are very small and too close together.

Pros:

good food for a theme park restaurant, lovely decor, appearance of the Beast.

Cons:

noise, darkness in West Wing, people kept tramping by our table to see the Rose, cramped seating at tiny tables.

Reviewed by Cathy1213 Review Date: 05/17/2019

Not worth 2 dining credits. Food has gone down since our last visit.

Pros:

beast

Cons:

food

Reviewed by Mainecove Review Date: 04/25/2019

AMAZING atmosphere and Delicious dinner. Even the Beast made an appearance which brought the biggest smiles ever at our table. The wait staff was attentive the entire evening though extremely busy maintained a pleasant demeanor throughout. A definite must do next visit and advance reservation a MUST!

Pros:

Atmosphere, price, food, all as expected

Cons:

Nothing bad happened was a great experience

Reviewed by Pgroyal Review Date: 04/18/2019

Nice if you get in the rose room

Pros:

food ok

Cons:

not worth the hype

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/15/2019

Having eaten at BOG many times in the past, we were looking forward to the Prix Fixe menu and we weren't disappointed. Filet Mignon was perfectly cooked and overall the menu was far better than before.

Pros:

Good value, excellent food, friendly servers

Reviewed by elainep Review Date: 03/01/2019

Our party of 6 (all adults, one of whom was in a wheelchair) arrived at Be Our Guest for dinner just before our 7:25 reservation time on Monday, January 21st. When we checked in we were told that they were running about 15 minutes behind schedule. That estimate wasn’t particularly accurate--I didn’t receive a text that our table was ready until 7:50. It was chilly that evening--some of us were able to wait inside, but there wasn’t enough room for all of us, so the rest of us had to wait outside in the cold. Once we got our party together, we were led to a large round table in the Castle Gallery. I hadn’t been in this room before and what struck me was that it didn’t look all that special—I guess I expected to at least see white tablecloths in a Signature restaurant. Our server was quite pleasant and even brought samples of a couple of wines when one of the gentlemen in our party couldn’t decide on which red to order. Dinner here is a three-course prix fix—for $60, you choose one appetizer and one entrée and all guests receive a dessert trio. Our party started with either the French onion soup, lobster bisque or the escargot. I had the lobster bisque—it was all right, certainly not as good as Yachtsman’s and it could have been a bit warmer. Entrees selected by those at the table included pork tenderloin, filet mignon or seafood bouillabaisse. There was a bit of a mix up with the tenderloins—the same diner who sampled the red wines ordered the pork, but received the beef (or maybe it was vice versa). Regardless, his meal was delayed while the rest of us ate before our food got cold. I had the filet—nothing special, although it was done medium rare as ordered. There are frankly way better filets on property. For dessert, the trio consisted of an almond macaron, a dark chocolate truffle (very chocolatey) and a cute white chocolate Chip-themed cup filled with “the grey stuff”. This trio was pretty filling, with the almond macaron being the surprise hit of the table. Our tab for six, 4 of whom had a glass or two of wine, with our Tables in Wonderland discount, was $463.37. Kind of steep for a crowded, somewhat noisy and not-so-fancy restaurant. By comparison, three days later at Shula’s, the same dining party enjoyed perfectly cooked and served steaks and salmon, a couple of salad appetizers, shared side dishes, 2 bottles of wine and key lime pie for dessert. Cost was $479.88 with the Tables discount, less than $17 more than what we paid at Be Our Guest. Guess where we’ll be going again.

Pros:

The castle really is something to be seen

Cons:

Average food, OK service, not really a Signature dining experience