Reviews of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewed by ktkueb80 Review Date: 10/20/2021

We stayed here for a week in October. We love pop! It is our go to value resort and with the skyliner it is a game changer. We paid extra for a preferred room this time, and even with that it was still a hike to century hall/transportation. It was sold out and very crowded but never got too loud.

Pros:

Great selection of foods/products in gift shop/food court, friendly staff, clean rooms

Cons:

even paying for preferred it was still quite a walk

Reviewed by DisneyFreakJME007 Review Date: 10/18/2021

This is one of my favorite resorts to stay on property for a more budget friendly trip. It's not the most fanciest resort on property, but when you are on the go and looking for a place to rest on property, this place is great!

Pros:

SKYLINER! Theming, budget friendly

Cons:

spread out

Reviewed by Reed2015 Review Date: 10/18/2021

If this was a rating for value resorts this would be 10s across the board. perfect location and great pool bar. You have the skyliner and you can walk to AoA to use their bus if needed. This is out go to resort.

Pros:

Skyliner, resort size, and fun theming.

Cons:

Food options are slim

Reviewed by JTTimbs Review Date: 10/10/2021

We stayed for a week in June. Being on the skyliner route is really nice. However, I would not stay here again. We found the resort to be very loud almost 24/7. We also had a few grocery deliveries lost at Bell Services. I actually had to go in the storage room to look for them.

Pros:

Skyliner

Cons:

Loud Bell Services

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/01/2021

Very confusing to get around! Online checkin is a joke! Waited until after 5pm to get our room number & we checked in online at 1 pm!!

Pros:

Cons:

Online check in is a joke! Confusing to figure out where your building is!

Reviewed by Andy92 Review Date: 09/30/2021

This was our first time staying at Pop and we really enjoyed it. We were put in the 70s section, so the walk to both the Skyliner and the lobby were very short. The walk to the parking lot was on the longer side though, and if you plan on driving a lot, 90s would be a good location. We were not on the pool side, which I was glad about, because the Hippie Dippie pool was fairly loud in the evenings, even though crowds were low and the rest of the resort was quiet. The Skyliner was very convenient and fairly quick transportation, and we used it most days.

The refurbished rooms were nice. The bed was comfy, though on the firmer side. One side of the bed creaked when getting in and out, which seemed odd for how recently the rooms were refurbished, but it wasn't a huge deal. The sliding bathroom door also made an odd noise if you tried to open or close it from a half open position, but not if you fully opened or closed it in one motion. Again, not a huge deal, but we usually keep the doors half open, so I felt bad trying to move it while my husband was sleeping (and I have no idea if the people in the room next to us could hear it or not). I loved that the room had so many outlets available, and the mini fridge was great for leftovers. I definitely preferred the vinyl floor over hotel carpet. It felt cleaner than carpet, but also didn't get cold or echo like tile.

It was just me and my husband, so we didn't use the Murphy bed at all, and it was nice to have that table and extra space.

My biggest complaint was that on the morning we were trying to sleep in (until 9am, so not too late), mousekeeping was cleaning the room next door after the guests checked out, and they kept letting the door slam every few minutes. It was just the one day, but the constant thudding for about an hour first thing in the morning was very annoying.

Overall, we were very pleased and will likely stay here again in the future.

Pros:

Skyliner convenience Clean rooms

Cons:

Loud mousekeeping next door Firmer bed, not as great if you prefer a softer bed

Reviewed by disneysolotripper Review Date: 09/29/2021

Stayed there in March 2019 for 8 days. When I arrived for early check-in, I had to go to front desk because I live in Canada so MagicBands weren't sent to me. Lady gave me a room number and said it was ready. Couldn't find it for the life of me and then my app also said a different room number. Found 2 mousekeeping interns that were tried helping us but they were also confused. Tried my magicband and it opened both rooms. We figured out which one it was. Sadly, the original room was actually a room I had requested. We ended up having a room facing a parking lot (very noisy) and with noisy neighbours. My luggage also didn't show up until 10pm when I had arrived at 230pm.

The room was very nice and clean. The resort was also great. I would stay there again despite the negatives because I know it is a one-off.

Pros:

Beautiful theming, clean rooms, good food

Cons:

Walls are thin

Reviewed by smokeyjr73 Review Date: 09/29/2021

We stayed there July 2021. The rooms are a little on the small side especially with 4 people but for the amount of time you spend in the room it works fine. Having the murphy style bed in it does allow for a bit more room. It would be nice to have two folding chairs though so more people can sit. The room fridge was perfect for keeping cold drinks in. I really wish there was a microwave in the room for heating the leftovers. The food court was disappointing. The food always seemed cold by the time we got it. The pool bar was nice to be able to grab a drink at and relax. The pools were nice and relaxing. The skyliner is great for getting to Hollywood and Epcot but is a big pain when it is closed though and you have to wait for buses. On the hole we love the resort.

Pros:

Cost, skyliner, comfy rooms, nice pools

Cons:

poor food options and quailty. Long bus wait times

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2021

My favorite value, and access to gondelas

Pros:

Doesn't share buses with other resorts, skyway, food court, & friendly cast members

Cons:

When skyway running no buses to Epcot or HS

Reviewed by BayouBengal Review Date: 09/27/2021

Pop is great for families on a budget. Our family of 4 stayed here and enjoyed it. The rooms are a bit small but we managed, you don't spend a lot of time in your room anyway. The skyliner is a great additional transportation option. The rooms are newly renovated and very nice. The pool areas are nice too if you need a break from the parks. My one complaint is the dining options, there's just not a lot and what is there isn't very good.

Pros:

Affordable (by Disney standards), renovated rooms, nice pools

Cons:

The rooms are a bit small, the dining options are just meh