Reviews of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_pop.htm

Resort Videos:

Reviewed by magicalcouple Review Date: 11/25/2019

This is our GO to value resort. The layout is not overwhelming and has a fun feel to me and my children. We stayed in the 70's section and had a connecting room with our traveling family. The walk was very short to the food court and bus system.

I love the fact that there is queue per bus and that it is a one stop bus stop! I also loved the skyliner when it was working.

The food court is a food court. It certainly doesn't blow my mind but it also gets the job done.

We love this resort for the value it is and will definitely return.

Pros:

Price, Bus System, Skyliner, Fun Pool & Activiites

Cons:

No Hot Tub for Me, No slides for kids

Reviewed by CNYguy Review Date: 10/30/2019

Skyliner adds value to this resort. It’s an outstanding transportation option. Rooms are comfortable. Pools aren’t anything special of you are used to moderate or deluxe but they’ll get the job done. Food court is a solid option.

Pros:

Cheaper than moderates. Nostalgia galore. Skyliner. Great cast members

Cons:

No slides at value pools.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/30/2019

Pop Century resort

Pros:

Comfortable refurbished rooms. Very clean. Short walk to food court and buses,quiet near the lake where are room was,price.

Cons:

Food court lunch and dinner items were not good

Reviewed by bjserviere Review Date: 06/23/2019

This was my second time staying at POP. I love this resort. We stayed there the first week of June. First time for my sister and her kids. Love the refurbished rooms just wish the hand held shower had a way to adjust the water pressure for a more vigorous shower. Requested a top floor room in the 70's section and received exactly what was requested. Love walking around the resort and walking to AoA. Can't wait for the Skyliner to open. Mousekeeping was great also.

Pros:

Refurbished rooms, love the flooring.

Cons:

Elevators were very warm. My sister doesn't like elevators to begin with as a result of being stuck in one as a five-year-old. Heat did not help the situation.

Reviewed by goofy284 Review Date: 06/19/2019

I stayed here for 4 nights. I had stayed in the past before the room renos. I have to say the rooms are 100% better. The inclusion of the kitchen area was welcome, as was the dressing area upgrade. Having the table when the second bed was up was great as a single traveler not having the extra bed was great. I did pull down the bed to see it and I think it really crowds the room but you would only need it when it was in use.
The staff here are wonderful and very helpful.
The food court was boring and bland. No real favour there. so find somewhere else to dine.

Pros:

reno rooms, function and clean, amazing staff

Cons:

food court, bland and boring

Reviewed by Savanna Review Date: 06/18/2019

POP Century is an awesome resort especially when you want to visit Disney World without breaking the bank. The upgraded rooms are super comfy and really clean.

Pros:

Upgraded rooms

Cons:

Usually busy and bustling with families

Reviewed by amandakola Review Date: 06/18/2019

It was fine for what it was. A place to catch some z’s and affordable. I haven’t seen the refreshed rooms. Pool is large - great for families. After staying at other resorts it hard to want to stay here again.

Pros:

Affordable Large pool Fun atmosphere

Cons:

Far from some parks Basic rooms

Reviewed by michellemiller1012 Review Date: 06/17/2019

My husband and I stay here every time we go to Disney World, and we love it! It has super fun theming, not totally 100% Disney themed in every building. It’s super convenient to be able to walk over to the Art of Animation resort and eat in their food court or check out their pools and resort theming. It’s kind of like getting two resorts for the price of one. Oh, and can you say Skyliner?!

Pros:

Theming, food court, skyline resort, can walk to another resort, price

Cons:

Size of rooms

Reviewed by Celeste Review Date: 06/13/2019

I stayed here at the end of April, beginning of May. This was my 3rd time staying here, the first time with the re-designed rooms. Even though the room size did not change it seemed like there was more space. I think this may have been due to the murphy bed. Most of the time I was staying solo so this bed was kept up. But even when others were with me it didn't seem to take too much room. There was a lot of plugs and usb ports. The whole room was sleek and clean looking. The bathroom is well laid out, loved the shower, and I like the sliding door that can close off the bathroom area. My only negative with the room is when you have the murphy bed down the table disappears. It would be nice to still have the table & chairs. This stay I did have a room that was relatively close (Bldg 3) to the main building. The last stay the room was very far for me (Bldg 7) so location of the room can have a negative effect. I had the 2nd to last room in the building and it was quiet.

Pros:

Clean, streamlined rooms. Lots of storage.

Cons:

Furthermost bus stops at parks. Room locations is far if you are in 80's or 90's.

Reviewed by Lea Review Date: 05/28/2019

This resort is so amazing! We have stayed here twice and have never regretted it. The property is beautiful and the option of AoA is right nearby for more food/souvenir options. This resort has three pools, which is way more than your typical hotel. Architecture is wonderful and it just feels so nice.

Pros:

great facility, great food court, and merchandise areas

Cons:

long bus rides