Reviews of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewed by ccooney1307 Review Date: 02/17/2021

This resort is adorable and great for families visiting for the first time that are looking to be immersed in character theming while staying on a budget.

Pros:

Good price, nice refurbished rooms, adorable theming, a dream location for little ones

Cons:

only offers bussing to theme parks, can be a long walk to your room if you don't book the preferred room category

Reviewed by ShellBellDaisy2 Review Date: 02/12/2021

Truly enjoyed all this hotel had to offer. Stayed here about 5 years ago. Very basic, but DisneyStyle basic. Would have given it a higher number had the A/C worked well the entire time we were there. Food was very good, and always a great selection available when we arrived after park closing. Would SOOOOO stay here again.

Pros:

DisneyStyle Basic

Cons:

Maybe need a bit updating of A/C system

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/09/2021

Stayed here prior to the covid pandemic, this is our second favorite of the value resorts. Big over the top theming just as the other value resorts which kids love. Refurbished rooms with murphy bed make the rooms feel more spacious than rooms with 2 beds (as in little mermaid AoA resort), only 1 quick service location and no sit down dining but mini fridge in room so we order from Publix or Amazon and keep some food and drinks in room, quick service lunch and usually go to Disney springs or other resort for dinner.Tip: you can request Hockey area in standard room rather than pay for preferred room and then walk over to All star music for their quick service food location and bus transportation rather (we had a room on the far end off the all star movies resort but it was close to music for bus transportation. The might ducks pool was next to our building so we had swimming near by but used the neighboring resorts food and transportation.

Pros:

Price, nice refurbished rooms, colorful and fun theming

Cons:

Only bus transportation, limited dining option (just quick service), small room when compared to off-site options(although similar to other value and moderate rooms onsite)

Reviewed by CatherynLovesDisney Review Date: 02/08/2021

Who wouldn't want to get all the Benefits from staying on site for a lot cheaper? I definitely recommend staying here especially if you have a big family like I do. My youngest siblings and I enjoyed the fantasia pool and splash pad next to it, and even the ping pong tables in back of sorcerer Mickey! Most of the family's that go to Disney world don't usually stay at the resorts that much because everyone is usually at the parks. This resort is family friendly but if it is a anniversary trip then I recommend staying at the Rivera.

Pros:

You get the benefits for cheaper

Cons:

long lines for busses.

Reviewed by AshBake330 Review Date: 01/21/2021

Loved this resort! Outdoor theming is amazing. Andy's Room in the Toy Story section is my fave! Take the time to walk around all the sections so many wonderful picture opportunities. Fantastia pool is really cool! Rooms are updated, clean, lots of outlets for plugging in all necessities, loved the Murphy bed! Food is okay typical disney value resort food

Pros:

Great outdoor theming! Rooms nicely renovated.

Cons:

Typical value resort food options. Bus transportation only!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/12/2021

It's definitely the best All Star resort. The new rooms are spacious, nice, and a comfortable fit for a pair traveling to Disney. A good option for the price and not too far of a walk to the front of the resort even from the furthest section. However, it does have the motel vibe like its counterparts unfortunately and the outdoor decor tends to be an eyesore.

Pros:

Cheap place to stay, nice rooms

Cons:

Motel-like, the theming is a little much

Reviewed by NoWindowsNoDoors Review Date: 12/14/2020

My family & I stayed here after the 2019 room refurbs & the rooms were definitely nicer. If your on a budget & making a trip with kids, it's going to be tough to beat this resort. It's tough to beat the theming. We stayed in the Toy Story wing which both of my kids love. We never once had to wait for a bus & it was the week of Thanksgiving, so that was definitely a pleasant surprise!

Pros:

Theming, Price, Room Refurbs

Cons:

Small rooms, Dining leaves alot to be desired, a no-go if your going without kids

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/09/2020

We stayed in the refurbished Fantasia rooms and they were soooo nice I have stayed in the non refurbished rooms that are good for low budget trips!!! The food court is mediocre for Disney but is still good! The cast members here are great!!!

Pros:

New and old rooms 3 pools Large array of food at food court Low budget friendly Nice cast members

Cons:

Usually a very crowded resort

Reviewed by Terrance Review Date: 12/02/2020

Since I have only been to WDW twice in my life, I can only rate 2 resorts so far. My family and I have stayed in both the Music and Sports resorts. We stayed last time in the hotel off the tennis court. It was actually not a long walk from the buses to our room. the food in the Center Court was decent and since we don't spend a lot of time at the hotels our room was pretty quiet. Plus, I think going in September helped a lot for the place not being full.

Pros:

Good price Good theme First on the bus stops when All-Stars share buses depending on time of day

Cons:

Can be far from ice machines Can be loud

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/24/2020

it is fun but not the best

Pros:

different sections

Cons:

spared apart