Reviews of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

All Star Movies - A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_asmv.htm

Comprehensive Blog with Photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/04/all_star_resorts_part_2_1.html

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/15/2020

It was pretty good there isn’t much that stands out it is a generic hotel.

Pros:

1.There is transportation to all four of the parks plus Disney springs and the water parks(via bus) 2.there is a pool private to the resort with a do and lifeguards. 3.The entire resort is themed beautifully.

Cons:

There really isn’t that many cons about this resort

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/16/2020

This resort is mediocre with a Disney touch. As a value resort, it is okay, but it does not compare to other resorts

Pros:

On Disney property All building are close to main lobby More than one pool

Cons:

Outdated Not very well themed Overpriced during some times of the year

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/15/2020

I've stayed here on quite a few trips. Got to stay in the new rooms last trip & loved it!

Pros:

Budget friendly allowing for longer stays!

Cons:

Food offerings not great, but okay (I tend to eat in the parks). On one visit the grounds weren't very well taken care of, but last time it was better, so don't know what happened that one week.

Reviewed by mickeymom5 Review Date: 02/21/2020

We have stayed here twice! Once in 2004 and just recently 1/19-1/22/20. Both times we were in the Mighty Ducks section. We love this section. We are so close to the ASMu bus stop. We were on the 3rd floor Building 2. I really liked the murphy bed. It was nice to be able to put it up and out of the way. There were three of us in the room: Hubby, teenage daughter and myself. I don't care for the generic theming. I like when the theming ties into the resort.

Pros:

Price was great and superb Disney service! The pillows were amazing! I ordered some when I got home! Murphy bed is a great addition! Great theming on the exterior of the resort.

Cons:

Room smelled like bleach when we first walked in and lingered for a bit. Theming is bland inside the room...hence the overall score of 9.

Reviewed by aradiapixie Review Date: 01/29/2020

I have stayed here a couple of times and I think it's really fun. I have a friend who was going to WDW for the first time and said they didn't want to stay at a value resort because they didn't want a crappy hotel. I said no no no no no, there are NO crappy WDW hotels! A value Disney hotel is still better than most other non-Disney hotels.

Pros:

Good value, fun theming, Disney magic

Cons:

No table service dining

Reviewed by gmckel50 Review Date: 01/15/2020

I've stayed at this resort 3 times now, the most recent being just last week (January 6-13, 2020). I had heard that they had renovated the rooms and was curious as to how they would look. I was disappointed. They feel very generic now, basically just brown and white, with no theming at all, except for a Mickey/Minnie/Pluto print over the bed. No carpet on the floor now, laminate, which from a practical standpoint makes sense - much easier to keep clean. The room has 2 queen/double beds, one of which is a Murphy bed, which when raised certainly makes the room feel bigger and gives you a table. That being said, there seems to be a lot of wasted corners in the room that could be put to better use. The bathroom is fine - brightly lit. Considering most people are in the room to just sleep, it is adequate. I would recommend it, mainly for the price, since it is the cheapest resort on the property.

Pros:

Price, of course.

Cons:

From a design standpoint, very generic.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/06/2020

Disney Customer Service has gone for good. Horrible service only interested in money

Pros:

Cons:

if you are in a wheelchair unable to walk the beds here are so high I had to sleep in my chair because I could not transfer disney was not accomodating

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/23/2019

I love the All-Star Resorts, and Movies is probably my favorite of the three. The over-the-top theming, convenient dining option, fun pools, and Property-wide amenities like the Disney Bus system make this a great option for families on a budget.

Pros:

Theming, Convenience

Cons:

Large groups can make accessing amenities, dining, etc. a challenge

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/21/2019

My family and I stayed at ASM for the first time. I did book a preferred room, which upon seeing how large the facility is, I’m glad I did. The room we were given was a newly renovated room and was very nice. The only negative comment about our entire stay was check in. We arrived at 8:30 am, and there were only a few people in line, but we waited 45 minutes just to be helped.

Pros:

Tons of storage space

Cons:

Very small room

Reviewed by LaFaversWishUponaStar Review Date: 06/13/2019

We stayed at this resort in 2010 with our first child, who was then 2 years old. The theming and decoration were so enthralling to her and it was incredibly immersive. Even as Disney's budget option, we were vey pleased with every inch of the resort. It was clean, inviting, and comfortable. The staff was very kind and helpful any time we interacted with them and we never waited very long for a bus, even though we traveled during spring break season. If you are looking for something upscale, then you need to pay for something upscale, but if you are looking for value, then you will be pleased staying here! ASM will always hold a special place in our hearts!

Pros:

Clean, great theming, awesome pool, friendly staff.

Cons:

Distance from parks