Reviews of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

All Star Movies - A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_asmv.htm

Comprehensive Blog with Photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/04/all_star_resorts_part_2_1.html

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/23/2019

I love the All-Star Resorts, and Movies is probably my favorite of the three. The over-the-top theming, convenient dining option, fun pools, and Property-wide amenities like the Disney Bus system make this a great option for families on a budget.

Pros:

Theming, Convenience

Cons:

Large groups can make accessing amenities, dining, etc. a challenge

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/21/2019

My family and I stayed at ASM for the first time. I did book a preferred room, which upon seeing how large the facility is, I’m glad I did. The room we were given was a newly renovated room and was very nice. The only negative comment about our entire stay was check in. We arrived at 8:30 am, and there were only a few people in line, but we waited 45 minutes just to be helped.

Pros:

Tons of storage space

Cons:

Very small room

Reviewed by LaFaversWishUponaStar Review Date: 06/13/2019

We stayed at this resort in 2010 with our first child, who was then 2 years old. The theming and decoration were so enthralling to her and it was incredibly immersive. Even as Disney's budget option, we were vey pleased with every inch of the resort. It was clean, inviting, and comfortable. The staff was very kind and helpful any time we interacted with them and we never waited very long for a bus, even though we traveled during spring break season. If you are looking for something upscale, then you need to pay for something upscale, but if you are looking for value, then you will be pleased staying here! ASM will always hold a special place in our hearts!

Pros:

Clean, great theming, awesome pool, friendly staff.

Cons:

Distance from parks

Reviewed by Sharon CW Review Date: 05/05/2019

I did a quick solo trip to WDW and stayed at this resort. I chose it because it was the most economical option for a solo traveler. I loved it! I was in a refurbished room in the Love Bug section, bldg 6. It was clean, quiet, and all the castmembers I encountered were very helpful and friendly. The rooms seem smaller with the addition of the queen beds, but it was more than adequate for me. There is a lot of storage space.

Pros:

Clean, quiet, great staff, good options at the food court.

Cons:

Small rooms, may be too small for more than 2 people. Resort is big, and some rooms are quite a walk from the bus stop.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/30/2019

Ultimately I can give this hotel an 8. We were there for one night/ two day trip. I was aware of the recent renovations to this hotel, therefore booked it for that reason. Unfortunately, I did not check to see if all rooms were renovated. We came in late from all day at M.K. upon arriving at our Might Duck section room, the door would not fully open. Then once in our room our luggage was not there and the room was obviously not renovated. The gentleman who brought our luggage saw the door situation and recommended we call for a new room. They offered to send someone up to fix it, but at this point I was ready to go to bed. I asked if we could switch rooms, they said it would be no problem. We gathered our luggage went to the lobby within 10-15 minutes we are walking to the love bug section to our nicely renovated room. It really made us appreciate the renovated room after seeing the old worn out decorated room. The new rooms are furnished very stylishly and clean. The queen size beds were very comfortable. Everyone we dealt with was courteous and accommodating.

Pros:

comfy beds, clean decor, guest services

Cons:

not all rooms are renovated, but this is only temporary.

Reviewed by Sweetypi Review Date: 04/29/2019

Room was dirty old run down, faucet fell off in my hand when tried to put on, elevators hallways, were very dirty, unclean with no evidence of being cleaned during night as still terrible next morning -needs a total re-vamp. Would never stay there again. Only reason this did not get a 1 was because the staff at the front desk upon check in and at the restaurants were very personable, helpful and pleasant and deserve a 9 for their work.

Pros:

Front desk and restaurant staff

Cons:

Everything else, dirty everywhere, desperately needs updating. Feel like Disney doesn’t care About the upkeep of its value resorts

Reviewed by mamandragon Review Date: 03/03/2019

Stayed here Feb 14 to 26 in the Love Bug Section. Room has had a total reno and has the laminate flooring which is much nicer than carpet. Cast members were all awesome and hats off to all those working in the food court for feeding the crowd with a smile. Buses are still an issue with the all stars but much better then when I stayed before. Because my daughter gets severe motion sickness we used the Lyft service to take us to and from the parks. The crowded buses and stop and start motion did not work well for her. The laundry rooms in this resort are a challenge. People put their laundry in then go off for a swim or to eat and are very tardy getting back to put in the dryer or even empty the dryer. Not enough washers and dryers for the number of guests that they pack into these resorts. The pool is okay. Rather boring compared to a moderate or deluxe. The positive is that it is close to blizzard beach so if you have a ticket for the water park you can zip over there for some fun. Other resort pools sometimes have pool activities (unless they have stopped since my last visit) I would recommend staying here if you have budget concerns. Clean and tidy and well kept.

Pros:

Close to Animal Kingdom & Blizzard Beach. Updated Rooms

Cons:

Laundry, Buses and Boring Pool

Reviewed by jesl Review Date: 02/02/2019

We stayed in the Ducks hotel which has not been refurbished yet (January 30, 2019). I really like the "old" hotel decor. This area was very quiet. I love walking around the resort looking at all the decorations.

Pros:

The decorations and pools are a lot of fun.

Reviewed by grammie523 Review Date: 12/24/2018

LOVE the newly refurbished rooms at All Star Movies Resort! So much extra room and storage & now a coffee maker! Even though it is still the pod coffee maker, at least it has 1. We were in the Herbie the Love Bug Building 7 with 2 connecting rooms & it was very quiet back in this section & only a few minutes walk to the food court. With the pricing of everything going up at Disney, I will most definitely stay here again! Always stayed at Moderate or Deluxe before, but with having to have 2 rooms, went with the Movies Resort to save money, & am sure glad we did!

Pros:

More storage & new beds are awesome!

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/23/2018

Refurbishment is mixed blessings.

Pros:

Each room does feel bigger and is lighter\brighter. Lots more storage space.

Cons:

A big .com is that with the exception of a banner like poster\picture above the main bed there is nothing else inside that says Disney. I want to be reminded even in my room that I am in the most magical place.