Reviews of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewed by Brandi9479 Review Date: 01/23/2023

We are park people, and this is in a reasonable price range. We loved staying at Movies.

Pros:

Cast members were wonderful, it's clean, and the bus transportation was better than expected

Cons:

The school groups can get loud

Reviewed by PixieDust6 Review Date: 07/25/2022

Disney Magic can surely be found staying at All Star Movies. You are surrounded by larger than Life statues, everything is themed and adorable for families of any age. Yes, you may find a cheaper hotel outside of Disney but you will not remain fully immersed in the Disney bubble if you do that. I'm from Mass and I cannot find a resort like this for around the $200.00 price tag. The food court is basic food but a lot to choose from and self serve drink machines for soda, coffee, tea are fantastic. the lobby is cheery and there is a good arcade to hang out in as well. Yes, your means of transportation is only by bus, but who cares, they are decorated Disney buses. The rooms are updated and comfortable, no complaints here! If you want an inexpensive fun hotel choice, this will work for you!

Pros:

Price tag is on the lower end for Disney resorts. Fun atmosphere, tons of food options

Cons:

Maybe you don't like to ride the bus?

Reviewed by TeacherManJoe Review Date: 05/31/2022

I have stayed in all of the All-Star locations over the years for one trip or another and so this review applies to Music, Movies, and Sports.

Look here, buckos! Are the All-Star Resorts the most amazing and luxurious resorts you will have ever stayed in? No, most definitely not. However, as the most value-centric locations on property, they are meant to be exactly that: VALUES.

Many people compare the All-Star Resorts to Disney World Motel6. However, as someone who has stayed in many a Motel6 in my time, that is NOT the case.

The All-Stars are simplistic, themed cheesily, and have just the basics in terms of food options. However, all of that is exactly why you pay the low price to stay here! The rooms are largely pretty well-maintained (especially with the recent room refurbs), are a decent enough size, and the food options do just what you need them to: sustain you.

I have stayed here as a child, as a high schooler, and as an adult, and have enjoyed each experience. If you are like us and prefer to spend as much time in the parks as possible and just have a decent place to lay your head until you go to the next park bright and early the next day, then the All-Stars do exactly what you need them to do.

Now, I will say that if possible, we prefer to stay at Pop Century over the All-Star resorts for the sole reason of the Skyliner. However, for a price that lets be honest is not really any higher than many hotels in most places around the country these days (I once stayed in an Econo Lodge that was legitimately concerning for a similar price as a night at the All-Stars), these resorts do the job.

Pros:

Value price for a well-maintained resort Still on property so still get Disney theming Great place to lay your head in between park days New refurbs freshen up the rooms

Cons:

Amenities are a bit limited (though you can’t expect too much!) These CAN get a bit loud/crowded around school/band trip seasons

Reviewed by Honeybear0517 Review Date: 05/13/2022

If you are just looking for a place to rest,refuel and recharge for your next park day, this is the resort for you. The rooms are updated,clean and comfortable.
Overall this was the best choice for our family.

Pros:

Fast bus service, hardly ever had to wait more than 5 min for a bus to arrive Clean and comfortable resort at an affordable price.

Cons:

While we didnt have a "bad" meal at our resort, I do wish they would expand the quick service menu

Reviewed by huskyfan2000 Review Date: 05/02/2022

If you're like me, you do have kids and basically spend 0 time at the hotel. Just enough to crawl back from long day at the parks and fall asleep before my head hits the pillow. This place is perfect. I don't need something ultra top end for that. Clean, quiet, well maintained. Perfect.

Pros:

Comfy beds. More than enough space. Plenty of amenities.

Cons:

Buses are regular, but if you just miss one, it can take a bit depending on the time.

Reviewed by Daniel1017 Review Date: 04/26/2022

My wife and I stayed in the Toy Story section preferred room the week before Christmas. We did this because it was the cheapest option available during an expensive time of year. I can honestly say that for the two of us, we were surprisingly pleased. The room itself was nice and clean, with new renovations helping. The room size was fine for just the two of us, but I could see how it would be uncomfortable for a family. We are hardcore parkgoers, so we really only needed a place to sleep. The transportation was spot on as well. We were worried about it being so crowded, but buses were there early and plentiful. Overall, we would definitely stay here again.

Pros:

Nice and clean rooms. Buses run regularly and quickly. The preferred rooms are nice and close to the bus stop.

Cons:

The rooms are small. Wouldnt recommend it for a family of four. Could be a long walk to the bus stop if you're in a room at the backside. Bus stop could be crowded during peak times.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/08/2022

This resort is perfect for those that want a safe, quiet place to lay their head between rushing around the parks. Food is just fast food and there aren't any frills but this can be the perfect resort for many.

Pros:

Price, cute decor, toy story fans rejoice!

Cons:

Long bus rides, only fast food quality food

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/07/2022

I loved our room here. It was strangely spacious despite being smaller, and I loved the bedside tables on both sides of each bed and all of the other storage spaces in the room. I didn't think the resort was too spread out, but I did get lost a couple of times trying to find the main building. My problem with this resort was the group of high school boys staying on both side of us. Beginning around 10:30pm every night, they were running back and forth between rooms, knocking on doors (including ours) and banging doors. They had the metal security latches on the door sticking out to keep the doors from shutting, and the doors were banging on them making a sound like we were sleeping in the middle of a bowling alley. My family of 4 couldn't sleep until after midnight, and we had to skip early entry so we could sleep in the morning and not be exhausted all day. I liked the room but not the company. Will never stay here again!!

Pros:

Clean, simple room with lots of storage areas and outlets. Nice big bathroom area.

Cons:

The people staying around you. High school boys kept us up past midnight.

Reviewed by LizzyH Review Date: 04/02/2022

We stayed here as two adults with no kids. Without using the murphy bed, we felt the room had plenty of space. The room was very clean and modern with plenty of outlets and a small fridge. We spent all day in the parks each day and only stayed at this resort to sleep, so we didn’t need anything fancy and this was the perfect option to save money. We spent a little extra to upgrade to a preferred room, which put us in very close walking distance to the buses (we got Toy Story building 10). We chose to splurge on lightning lanes and food at the parks, so All Star Movies helped us save by giving us the Disney resort perks without the high price tag. We will definitely book here again!

Pros:

Great price, clean room, cute theming, early park entry, and reliable bus transportation. We never had a very long wait for buses and we went during March. We were able to arrive very early to each park for rope drop.

Cons:

Not the best food, but this was expected. If you don’t upgrade to a preferred room, you could have to walk very far to and from your building.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/28/2022

We stayed at this resort on our very first trip to Walt Disney World. The room was fine for sleeping. However the busses tended to be packed and you were always waiting. If you are wanting to stay at Disney as cheap as possible, this is a great resort.

Pros:

It can make a Disney World trip more affordable.

Cons:

If you are not in a preferred room you are going to do more walking, and the buses are always packed.