Reviews of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

All Star Movies - A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_asmv.htm

Comprehensive Blog with Photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/04/all_star_resorts_part_2_1.html

Reviewed by MetallicSplinter Review Date: 07/26/2020

Not bad for the price. The renovated rooms are very clean looking and the grounds are fun to walk around and take photos of the giant icon statues, particularly the Toy Story section. The food court has some hidden gems on the secret menu at the Roxy.

While clean, the rooms can feel a bit cramped and bland. The food court can also get VERY crowded at certain parts of the day and bus transportation can get very slow and crowded since All-Star Movies, Sports, and Music often share buses and Movies is the last to get picked up or dropped off. Depending on where you room is and the time of day, it might be worth it to walk to/from the other All-Star resorts for transportation. The All-Star resorts are also very far from all of the parks so travel times can get high.

A good resort if you are going to spend most of your time in the parks.

Pros:

Price Clean Rooms Giant Outdoor Statues for Photos Secret Menu in the Food Court

Cons:

Slow/Crowded Transportation Far from the Parks Small Bland Rooms Crowded Food Court

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/21/2020

Its was bad. There were roaches in our room and they did not do much about it. Also our room shower flooded and molded.

Pros:

Food court

Cons:

Roaches and mold

Reviewed by lizzybee13 Review Date: 05/15/2020

We stayed when they were in the middle of construction to update the rooms to Queen size beds and one of the beds being a murphy bed. Even during the construction we loved it. We liked that it felt very Disney unlike some of the other resorts. That is why we prefer to stay at value resorts because they feel very Disney and have a lot of Disney accents unlike some of the pricier resorts. One thing that wasn't that great was the food. They have your typical food court food and it wasn't the best would definitely recommend eating in the park except for desserts. They only have bus transportation which as we know can be slow but I think these resorts get a bad wrap because they don't have a lot of amenities but for us we really only slept there or napped there during our breaks.

Pros:

great price, they just re-did the rooms

Cons:

Not a lot of Amenities, could be considered kiddy

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/15/2020

It was pretty good there isn’t much that stands out it is a generic hotel.

Pros:

1.There is transportation to all four of the parks plus Disney springs and the water parks(via bus) 2.there is a pool private to the resort with a do and lifeguards. 3.The entire resort is themed beautifully.

Cons:

There really isn’t that many cons about this resort

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/16/2020

This resort is mediocre with a Disney touch. As a value resort, it is okay, but it does not compare to other resorts

Pros:

On Disney property All building are close to main lobby More than one pool

Cons:

Outdated Not very well themed Overpriced during some times of the year

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/15/2020

I've stayed here on quite a few trips. Got to stay in the new rooms last trip & loved it!

Pros:

Budget friendly allowing for longer stays!

Cons:

Food offerings not great, but okay (I tend to eat in the parks). On one visit the grounds weren't very well taken care of, but last time it was better, so don't know what happened that one week.

Reviewed by mickeymom5 Review Date: 02/21/2020

We have stayed here twice! Once in 2004 and just recently 1/19-1/22/20. Both times we were in the Mighty Ducks section. We love this section. We are so close to the ASMu bus stop. We were on the 3rd floor Building 2. I really liked the murphy bed. It was nice to be able to put it up and out of the way. There were three of us in the room: Hubby, teenage daughter and myself. I don't care for the generic theming. I like when the theming ties into the resort.

Pros:

Price was great and superb Disney service! The pillows were amazing! I ordered some when I got home! Murphy bed is a great addition! Great theming on the exterior of the resort.

Cons:

Room smelled like bleach when we first walked in and lingered for a bit. Theming is bland inside the room...hence the overall score of 9.

Reviewed by aradiapixie Review Date: 01/29/2020

I have stayed here a couple of times and I think it's really fun. I have a friend who was going to WDW for the first time and said they didn't want to stay at a value resort because they didn't want a crappy hotel. I said no no no no no, there are NO crappy WDW hotels! A value Disney hotel is still better than most other non-Disney hotels.

Pros:

Good value, fun theming, Disney magic

Cons:

No table service dining

Reviewed by gmckel50 Review Date: 01/15/2020

I've stayed at this resort 3 times now, the most recent being just last week (January 6-13, 2020). I had heard that they had renovated the rooms and was curious as to how they would look. I was disappointed. They feel very generic now, basically just brown and white, with no theming at all, except for a Mickey/Minnie/Pluto print over the bed. No carpet on the floor now, laminate, which from a practical standpoint makes sense - much easier to keep clean. The room has 2 queen/double beds, one of which is a Murphy bed, which when raised certainly makes the room feel bigger and gives you a table. That being said, there seems to be a lot of wasted corners in the room that could be put to better use. The bathroom is fine - brightly lit. Considering most people are in the room to just sleep, it is adequate. I would recommend it, mainly for the price, since it is the cheapest resort on the property.

Pros:

Price, of course.

Cons:

From a design standpoint, very generic.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/06/2020

Disney Customer Service has gone for good. Horrible service only interested in money

Pros:

Cons:

if you are in a wheelchair unable to walk the beds here are so high I had to sleep in my chair because I could not transfer disney was not accomodating