Reviews of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

All Star Movies - A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_asmv.htm

Comprehensive Blog with Photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/04/all_star_resorts_part_2_1.html

Reviewed by LaFaversWishUponaStar Review Date: 06/13/2019

We stayed at this resort in 2010 with our first child, who was then 2 years old. The theming and decoration were so enthralling to her and it was incredibly immersive. Even as Disney's budget option, we were vey pleased with every inch of the resort. It was clean, inviting, and comfortable. The staff was very kind and helpful any time we interacted with them and we never waited very long for a bus, even though we traveled during spring break season. If you are looking for something upscale, then you need to pay for something upscale, but if you are looking for value, then you will be pleased staying here! ASM will always hold a special place in our hearts!

Pros:

Clean, great theming, awesome pool, friendly staff.

Cons:

Distance from parks

Reviewed by Sharon CW Review Date: 05/05/2019

I did a quick solo trip to WDW and stayed at this resort. I chose it because it was the most economical option for a solo traveler. I loved it! I was in a refurbished room in the Love Bug section, bldg 6. It was clean, quiet, and all the castmembers I encountered were very helpful and friendly. The rooms seem smaller with the addition of the queen beds, but it was more than adequate for me. There is a lot of storage space.

Pros:

Clean, quiet, great staff, good options at the food court.

Cons:

Small rooms, may be too small for more than 2 people. Resort is big, and some rooms are quite a walk from the bus stop.

Reviewed by jesl Review Date: 02/02/2019

We stayed in the Ducks hotel which has not been refurbished yet (January 30, 2019). I really like the "old" hotel decor. This area was very quiet. I love walking around the resort looking at all the decorations.

Pros:

The decorations and pools are a lot of fun.

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

love the All star resorts

Pros:

love the theming in the movies resort especially toy story area they also have a secret menu

Reviewed by Jeri Review Date: 09/26/2018

I love staying at Movies it’s always easy and very affordable

Pros:

Affordable love the atmosphere

Reviewed by jcmyers81 Review Date: 11/27/2017

We stayed here with five people (2 adults, 2 children under 10, and 1 infant). Requested and received a connecting room with others in our party. Room was not large, but certainly had enough space for our younger family. We used and enjoyed the pools, food court, bar, and transportation. All areas were clean and well-kept, though a little aged. The themeing was great for young kids. The food court was convenient and had enough selections for our family. It is basic cafeteria food, but it worked well for the two times we ate there. We used online check-in and didn't have to go to the front desk. Our room number was emailed right to us and we could use our magic bands to open the doors. All in all this was a great space for the value.

A side note, we only used the bus 2-3 times as we had our own vehicle. The few times we used it the busses were quick and drove right from the Movies resort directly to the parks and vice versa with no other stops.

Pros:

Value, Themeing, Cleanliness

Reviewed by featheredbuddy Review Date: 09/28/2016

Our stay here was only from Sept.9- 11 but we had a great experience. Our room was very clean and our waits for buses were very short.

Pros:

Cast members are really great

Reviewed by mommom Review Date: 10/06/2015

Just came back from a 2 night stay at the Movies. We had 4 rooms , 2 rooms were connecting. They were ready when we checked in at 11:00. Check in was easy and the gentleman was very kind. The room was clean and everything worked in my room. They was 11 of us and our rooms were next to one another. Had requested 1st floor, which we got. Enjoyed the food court and the prices weren't bad.

Went to the gift shop. Cast members were helpful. Was able to use my Disney Visa discount.
Was shopping for my 18 year old grandson. Had no idea what to get him. A cast member came up with an idea and it was perfect. My grandson was thrill with it.

I really enjoyed the resort. Thanks cast members for a job well done.

Pros:

fun for the family

Cons:

long way from parking lot

Reviewed by jmj2wdw Review Date: 10/09/2013

My 15 yo daughter and I stayed here mid-September 2013 and were VERY pleasantly surprised! Stayed in the "Love Bug" section. Having stayed at POR/AB 3 times previously, we weren't positive we were going to "feel" it but we did! (A friend and her two daughters also stayed and enjoyed it!). Liked that ASMO is a bit more compact as far as the lay-out than the other All-Star resorts.

The room was clean and perfect size for the two of us. Lucky for us, the mousekeeper(s) left us something each day. It was nice to have a fridge although I did miss the two sinks, but not a deal-breaker.

The food court was better than we had expected. Had heard it was crowded, but we never had a problem with finding a table. Ate by the pool one morning, which was nice. The food was GREAT! Had a turkey dinner one night after coming back from a very rainy day at DHS and it was SO good. We love breakfast at Disney food courts too so that alone was worth the stay.

Were able to enjoy the pool one morning. Very nice, not crowded at all.

Gift Shop had everything we would expect.

Bus Stop was easy to find and busses were not a problem for us at any point. Never waited more than 10 minutes to/from ASMO/parks and there was never such a crowd that it was uncomfortable.

CMs at the front desk were very helpful. Only thing was the check-out/boarding passes near-snafu. (Flying Delta you go to the airline check-out NOT the front desk - now I know - lol!)

LOVED the theming of the buildings - SOOO much fun to take pictures!

We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, whether on a limited budget or by choice!

Pros:

Theming, Cost, CMs, clean

Cons:

Non

Reviewed by miltimo5 Review Date: 07/04/2013

I have stayed at all the all star resorts and i actually loved the decor of movies best.. have stayed in Fantasia 2x Herbie 2x and Mighty ducks 1x.
since i am a park person, i dont "hang out" at the resort much... use the pools only on occasion (july-aug trips) rooms are clean, service is disney quality and the decor is adorable. food court is large, many tables and even when crowded it isnt hard to find a table. selections are good for a food court and although they dont change much the food isnt bad...and affordable.. usually just eat breakfast in the resort... favorites include mickey waffles, omelets, and the platter. lunch & and dinner usually in the parks or other resorts. now, with fees for luggage on the planes, i take less clothes and use the laundry facility. plenty of washers and dryers and never had to wait. nice arcade, the nieces loved it..and good bus service to the parks.. since i prefer longer stays i usually stick to all star and pop resorts...so i can afford 14+ days. highly recommend

Pros:

price decor

Cons:

usually crowded with big groups