Reviews of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewed by TalkAboutStank Review Date: 01/08/2022

Up until my last day at this resort I was ready to leave a really nice review for this resort. What changed my mine was finally sitting in the food court. I sat in one of their booths and the cushioning was all hollowed out. Also, all the tables seemed to not be very clean (I was there at like 4, so there weren't even that many people there). To top it off while I was eating I saw a small spider run across my table. The rooms themselves were quite nice for the price. The lobby and the food court show some age on the other-hand. If they updated the lobby and food court, this hotel would be amazing for the price. As is, it's just all right. At least you get free bus service. Basically, you don't really want to explore this resort too much. Just enjoy your room.

Pros:

nice room for the price.

Cons:

dirty and old lobby/food court.

Reviewed by steelers_fan Review Date: 01/03/2022

We stayed one night in December 2021, prior to a 7 night stay at Pop Century. We needed one extra night due to flight prices/changes. This was our first stay here, having stayed at Sports a few years ago.
Overall, for a value resort, All Star Movies was good. We stayed in a standard room, which was very similar to the ones at other resorts, particularly Pop Century.
It had one regular queen size bed with the pulldown queen that serves as a table when the bed is folded up. With the newer bed there is room underneath to store your luggage.
There is a coffee maker in the room with Joffrey's coffee for brewing. The normal small size refrigerator is there as well.
We didn't use the pool, but we did walk around the resort and took some pictures. The resort is sectioned out by different themes. We stayed in the Love Bug section, which is straight back from the main building, but I didn't think the walk was too long to the cinema hall.
If you need a less expensive place to stay each night, this place would be fine.

Pros:

One of the less expensive options for a Disney resort. Disney theming is cool.

Cons:

Only transportation is the bus, unless you have your own car.

Reviewed by mollystwin Review Date: 12/22/2021

Having stayed at just about every resort on Disney property. I truly loved this resort. It has a bed to sleep in and a location to have a very filling meal. From an arcade and pool to play in to oversized Disney iconic characters welcoming you into each building. When we arrived we were welcomed home ... Yes I teared up ... Disney is home. The money we saved from staying at a value resort gained us a lot extra to spend on merch and a rental car to avoid long waits on buses at the start and end of the day.

Pros:

Amazing cast members Iconic characters everywhere

Cons:

Only one food location Bus only transportation

Reviewed by mollystwin Review Date: 12/22/2021

My family and I were down in early November (9th-16th) 2021. It was for our anniversary, all of our birthdays, our honeymoon, college graduation trip, my wife's redo first trip (she hadn't been in 30 years), and our son's first trip. The cast members brought the Disney magic and stepped it up a few notches. From custom off menu food choices to surprise presents at random moments.

Pros:

Massive bang for the buck ... Meaning more money for merch

Cons:

Can't think of a flaw

Reviewed by Amanda820 Review Date: 12/15/2021

Definitely wouldn't stay here for a week or longer. It gets the job done for a place to sleep. The rooms are very small, the beds are almost touching. After putting our luggage and stroller in the room, there is little walking room with both beds down. We stayed for 3 nights and that's about as much as I'd do here. Now, it is clean, it is VERY Disney themed for the little ones, my two year old LOVED the pulldown bed and the picture hanging above it. The food is typical food court food. My kids loved the giant Disney characters all over the resort and we spent HOURS at the splash pad area. It didn't feel like a huge resort, we stayed in the Lovebug section (Herbie) which is at the back of the resort, and walking up to the bus stop at the front was a quick walk, probably around 5 minutes, if that. It was VERY family oriented, there was lots of families with children there. And it was very populated. Also, it seemed like a lot of college kids were there (cheaper resort, I get it) but they can be a tad rambunctious at night, staying up making lots of noise late into the night while my little ones tried to sleep. If I went without kids, that wouldn't bother me as much. Would I stay here again? Yeah, if I was having a short trip and literally just needed a place to sleep. Would it be my #1 pick? Probably not.

Pros:

cheap resort, not huge, kids love the giant characters, its on Disney property

Cons:

VERY crowded, tiny rooms, no shade at bus stops

Reviewed by ZanderC Review Date: 12/06/2021

I was in a preffered room for Toy Story, but we got Fantasia? Weird,right? The arcade had SUPER MARIO BROS!!! The food court has mac & cheese.

Pros:

nice theming,got closest to lobby area

Cons:

WHY DID I NOT GET TOY STORY????

Reviewed by Reed2015 Review Date: 10/18/2021

Great resort. This is where we stayed for our very first trip to Walt Disney World. Besides the shared bus services it was perfect. If you plan to spend most of your time in a park this is perfect. It is affordable all you need. Use the money you saved staying here and get an extra park day!

Pros:

Affordable. Clean. Cute Theming.

Cons:

Shared bus services.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/07/2021

The rooms were really small, I wouldn’t fit more than two adults in a room if you can help it. But I loved getting the nonstop Disney magic!

Pros:

Disney magic, cheap rooms

Cons:

Super small room

Reviewed by Hayleabug11 Review Date: 09/13/2021

Good for a cheap weekend trip would not stay for a long relaxing vacation lots of kids and events like pool and noise go till 11

Pros:

Cheap, cool buildings with diff themes , good for kids

Cons:

Lots of people , activities go super late and pool is loud till 11pm lines for bus are not covered so you stand in the rain and or sun to wait long for a available bus

Reviewed by themotherdaughtermagic Review Date: 08/09/2021

If you're looking for just a place to sleep after hitting the parks hard, this is the place. After the refurbishment, the rooms are nice and have more space for storage. I typically live out of my suitcase, but I have also taken a 7 day trip and used the drawers which honestly gave me plenty of room. The only thing I suggest is to bring your own hangers if you're like my mom and want to hang more than a few items up. The larger than life characters are nice to look at and makes it easy to locate your building and room. The mighty ducks pool is a go to because typically more people go to the main pool and it is less crowded. Me and my mom stay here or at POP the most because it gives plenty of enough room for me and her and it's cheap.

Pros:

Lower prices are nice. The rooms have more storage. The rooms feel clean after the refurb.

Cons:

Smaller rooms so larger families would have to get more than one room. Not a lot of scenery and more basic.