Reviews of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewed by Honeybear0517 Review Date: 05/13/2022

If you are just looking for a place to rest,refuel and recharge for your next park day, this is the resort for you. The rooms are updated,clean and comfortable.
Overall this was the best choice for our family.

Pros:

Fast bus service, hardly ever had to wait more than 5 min for a bus to arrive Clean and comfortable resort at an affordable price.

Cons:

While we didnt have a "bad" meal at our resort, I do wish they would expand the quick service menu

Reviewed by huskyfan2000 Review Date: 05/02/2022

If you're like me, you do have kids and basically spend 0 time at the hotel. Just enough to crawl back from long day at the parks and fall asleep before my head hits the pillow. This place is perfect. I don't need something ultra top end for that. Clean, quiet, well maintained. Perfect.

Pros:

Comfy beds. More than enough space. Plenty of amenities.

Cons:

Buses are regular, but if you just miss one, it can take a bit depending on the time.

Reviewed by Daniel1017 Review Date: 04/26/2022

My wife and I stayed in the Toy Story section preferred room the week before Christmas. We did this because it was the cheapest option available during an expensive time of year. I can honestly say that for the two of us, we were surprisingly pleased. The room itself was nice and clean, with new renovations helping. The room size was fine for just the two of us, but I could see how it would be uncomfortable for a family. We are hardcore parkgoers, so we really only needed a place to sleep. The transportation was spot on as well. We were worried about it being so crowded, but buses were there early and plentiful. Overall, we would definitely stay here again.

Pros:

Nice and clean rooms. Buses run regularly and quickly. The preferred rooms are nice and close to the bus stop.

Cons:

The rooms are small. Wouldnt recommend it for a family of four. Could be a long walk to the bus stop if you're in a room at the backside. Bus stop could be crowded during peak times.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/08/2022

This resort is perfect for those that want a safe, quiet place to lay their head between rushing around the parks. Food is just fast food and there aren't any frills but this can be the perfect resort for many.

Pros:

Price, cute decor, toy story fans rejoice!

Cons:

Long bus rides, only fast food quality food

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/07/2022

I loved our room here. It was strangely spacious despite being smaller, and I loved the bedside tables on both sides of each bed and all of the other storage spaces in the room. I didn't think the resort was too spread out, but I did get lost a couple of times trying to find the main building. My problem with this resort was the group of high school boys staying on both side of us. Beginning around 10:30pm every night, they were running back and forth between rooms, knocking on doors (including ours) and banging doors. They had the metal security latches on the door sticking out to keep the doors from shutting, and the doors were banging on them making a sound like we were sleeping in the middle of a bowling alley. My family of 4 couldn't sleep until after midnight, and we had to skip early entry so we could sleep in the morning and not be exhausted all day. I liked the room but not the company. Will never stay here again!!

Pros:

Clean, simple room with lots of storage areas and outlets. Nice big bathroom area.

Cons:

The people staying around you. High school boys kept us up past midnight.

Reviewed by LizzyH Review Date: 04/02/2022

We stayed here as two adults with no kids. Without using the murphy bed, we felt the room had plenty of space. The room was very clean and modern with plenty of outlets and a small fridge. We spent all day in the parks each day and only stayed at this resort to sleep, so we didn’t need anything fancy and this was the perfect option to save money. We spent a little extra to upgrade to a preferred room, which put us in very close walking distance to the buses (we got Toy Story building 10). We chose to splurge on lightning lanes and food at the parks, so All Star Movies helped us save by giving us the Disney resort perks without the high price tag. We will definitely book here again!

Pros:

Great price, clean room, cute theming, early park entry, and reliable bus transportation. We never had a very long wait for buses and we went during March. We were able to arrive very early to each park for rope drop.

Cons:

Not the best food, but this was expected. If you don’t upgrade to a preferred room, you could have to walk very far to and from your building.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/28/2022

We stayed at this resort on our very first trip to Walt Disney World. The room was fine for sleeping. However the busses tended to be packed and you were always waiting. If you are wanting to stay at Disney as cheap as possible, this is a great resort.

Pros:

It can make a Disney World trip more affordable.

Cons:

If you are not in a preferred room you are going to do more walking, and the buses are always packed.

Reviewed by ryca Review Date: 03/24/2022

Always our go to hotel. We come to disney about every5 years and have stayed here most of time. Love it

Pros:

Shuttle very timely. Treated like family by staff

Cons:

Long ways from parks

Reviewed by DreamingofaDisneyVacay247 Review Date: 01/24/2022

We rented two rooms due to having a large party of 9 people (one infant). Our stay began mildly frustrated because we had requested connecting rooms through our travel agent and not only were our assigned rooms not connected, they weren't even next to each other! After talking with a cast member we paid a small fee of $5/per room/per night to change the location of our rooms to the Fantasia section and our rooms were connecting. That was literally our ONLY issue with this Value Resort Hotel. The theming is ADORABLE! Our 5 young children absolutely loved everything about this resort. The rooms are not huge, but they fit all of our clothing for an 8 night trip in the drawers. The rooms have so many nooks and crannies to store things and it makes it very bearable for a large family. My children were all 12 and under, so I'm not sure that this would be the same opinion of someone with older kids. We were busy/at the parks every day so we didn't spend a lot of time hanging out in the rooms. But, they were cozy and comfy every evening!

Pros:

Inexpensive on-property resort. Clean facilities and plenty of storage in the rooms. The hotel grounds were adorable with lots of characters to explore.

Cons:

Only bus transportation. Food court food was okay, nothing great. Probably not the best hotel for lots of planned resort day stays.

Reviewed by anitadarling71 Review Date: 01/17/2022

I loved my stay here at All Star Movies! When we arrived I couldn't mobile check in and I went up to the desk and talked with Jennifer who got our room all sorted out and even made a little Disney magic and got me a room in the dalmatian building at no added cost to my reservation. The rooms are small, but I found plenty of storage to hang up my clothes and store my suitcase. The murphy bed was soft and there were plenty of pillows between the two beds. I opted to have housekeeping come every three days and even if it was a day we didn't get housekeeping someone always came by to see if we needed fresh towels or for the trash to be taken out. I stayed on the bottom floor and very rarely did I hear doors or people walking above us. Overall the resort was quite and clean. The food court, food was great and it was nice to stop by and pick up something after getting back from the parks.

Pros:

The cast-members were very friendly and made disney magic. Most mornings they had music playing and greeted guests as they made their way to the busses. It's a family friendly resort and mostly quiet. Two pools to chose from.

Cons:

There were long lines for the buses. During the mornings the buses wouldn't stop at All Star Music to pick up guests which was nice. But by mid-morning/ afternoon most times the buses were packed since they were stopping at both resorts.