Reviews of Ft. Wilderness Cabins (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by JoeR73 Review Date: 01/13/2022

This is the best place for my family. I love having a driveway, not dealing with a parking lot or a lobby and elevators. Like renting a house. At Christmas time, all of our neighbors decorated their cabins.

Pros:

Private, isolated, conveniently park just outside your bedroom, great community, nice boat ride to Magic Kingdom

Cons:

Laundromat is a five minute drive away. I wanted to go to sleep when I got home from walking around the parks, but found myself up past midnight because I had to do laundry down the road. Also, the smell of horse dung while waiting for your bus.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/04/2021

Compared to the all of the other places I have stayed in WDW this is definitely a major downgrade. These cabins were more expensive than a preferred room at Caribbean beach and it doesn’t even include anything extra. It advertises all of these fun things you can do like horseback riding or fishing, but they seem to forget to tell you the cost. In my cabin, the screens were coming out the windows, the bathroom door stuck so bad it was impossible to open or close it without making a large noise, the fridge handle felt as though it would fall off, and the fan in the bathroom rattled so bad when you turned it on and off. At the quick service there is almost nothing offered. You can have turkey, ribs, or chicken and that’s pretty much it. My family spent $127 on the refillable mugs for 6 people and it definitely wasn’t worth it. They do not have those special machines with all the options. Instead, they have coffee, tea, coke, sprite, Diet Coke, and zero sugar lemonade. I personally don’t like coffee, tea, or soda which is why I liked the special machines. They don’t even have Mickey waffles which is the most iconic breakfast at Disney. The golf carts were also expensive and after waiting 30 minutes for a bus from Hollywood Studios, we come to find that our golf cart had been stolen. Overall, I don’t think that these cabins were worth it and I would 100% NEVER stay there again.

Pros:

Fits 6 people, nice pool, chip and dals campfire, able to see magic kingdom fireworks from the outpost, and the light water parade.

Cons:

Cabins weren’t worth the money, nothing included with the expensive cost, and bad food options.

Reviewed by mkymouse4ever Review Date: 05/17/2021

Stayed one night cause got in early. Thought we would check these out. It was so nice! They are very cute and perfect for a family vacation. Lots of room and kitchen was nice. We liked we could park right outside the cabin. Was terrific for luggage. Nice tables and very comfortable beds

Pros:

Atmosphere. Cute and great idea for some quiet relaxation. Family time. Golf carts!!! Boat to Mk

Cons:

Very large and spread out. Pools are a bit of a let down. They really need to put a washer / dryer in these and we would be back. Bus rides are a bit long.

Reviewed by HeartBreakKris Review Date: 02/18/2021

This is one of the best Disney locations I’ve ever stayed at. The cabin can sleep 6. We had 4 in our party so it was perfect. We were a short trip away from Pioneer Hall for the hilarious Hoop Dee Doo Revue (pre-Covid). The cabin, although on a road with many other cabins, was spread out enough that we really felt secluded (in a good way). We really didn’t feel like we were in Florida. It felt like a true woodsy camping area

Pros:

Secluded & quiet, near Pioneer Hall, roomy

Cons:

The bus loops aren’t great if you’re in a hurry

Reviewed by WDWHort Review Date: 04/06/2020

It’s a Disney World original. I stayed at this resort as a young teen with my family and my extended family. At the time there were only three parks River Country had recently closed. 5 people in a cabin was a good fit. The kitchen and being able to cook meals is perfect for large families. The amenities make a resort day worth taking. The feel is way more relaxed than most resorts and there is a feeling of community which you don’t find at any other resort. Location is ok the boat ride to Magic Kingdom is relaxing but it’s a bus to the other parks. One other thing, this resort is huge it has multiple internal bus loops. If your a first timer this resort might be too much.

Pros:

Amenities are fabulous. Tri-Circle D ranch, Hoopty Doo Review and Chip n Dale campfire. Full kitchen.

Cons:

Size is huge. Long trip to buses. Must be Disney World expert.

Reviewed by mcarolla Review Date: 03/31/2020

Such a nice place to stay! When I have kids I think this would be an even better option because there is so much room to run around. I enjoy that there are places to cook and grill. Definitely recommend to anyone who can

Pros:

Large

Cons:

Price

Reviewed by Ron920 Review Date: 03/15/2020

This campground is the best I've ever stayed at the cleanliness and quietness is absolutely wonderful> the cabins are clean and the upkeep is perfect> I would recommend this resort for everyone.

Pros:

beauty, serenity,relaxing pace

Cons:

transportation to the parks is limited

Reviewed by NOLAMommy Review Date: 04/23/2019

Absolute best place for a family of 6

Pros:

Truly feels like a vacation within a vacation; space, comfort, affordability

Cons:

Need a golf cart to get use of refillable mugs/meal plans

Reviewed by TLynch Review Date: 09/26/2018

Was very impressed with this resort. Stayed for the first time prior to a Disney Cruise. My family loved it and the cabins were roomy.

Pros:

Very laid back. Not overdone with Disney. Feels like a very rustic cabin in the woods. Everything was clean and well taken care of.

Cons:

You really need to rent a golf cart to get around, which is a little pricey.

Reviewed by daffy29 Review Date: 09/26/2018

We loved the privacy of the cabins. You could sit outside on the deck. We liked having a kitchen to cook some of our meals and a full size fridge. The price is higher than a moderate but worth it.

Pros:

Kitchen, separate living room, deck, privacy

Cons:

Have to ride multiple busses to get to parks.