Reviews of Ft. Wilderness Cabins (Moderate Resort)

Ft. Wilderness Cabins located at the Ft. Wilderness Campground (Moderate Resort Category).
For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/g-fort-wilderness-videos.htm

Reviewed by WDWHort Review Date: 04/06/2020

It’s a Disney World original. I stayed at this resort as a young teen with my family and my extended family. At the time there were only three parks River Country had recently closed. 5 people in a cabin was a good fit. The kitchen and being able to cook meals is perfect for large families. The amenities make a resort day worth taking. The feel is way more relaxed than most resorts and there is a feeling of community which you don’t find at any other resort. Location is ok the boat ride to Magic Kingdom is relaxing but it’s a bus to the other parks. One other thing, this resort is huge it has multiple internal bus loops. If your a first timer this resort might be too much.

Pros:

Amenities are fabulous. Tri-Circle D ranch, Hoopty Doo Review and Chip n Dale campfire. Full kitchen.

Cons:

Size is huge. Long trip to buses. Must be Disney World expert.

Reviewed by mcarolla Review Date: 03/31/2020

Such a nice place to stay! When I have kids I think this would be an even better option because there is so much room to run around. I enjoy that there are places to cook and grill. Definitely recommend to anyone who can

Pros:

Large

Cons:

Price

Reviewed by Ron920 Review Date: 03/15/2020

This campground is the best I've ever stayed at the cleanliness and quietness is absolutely wonderful> the cabins are clean and the upkeep is perfect> I would recommend this resort for everyone.

Pros:

beauty, serenity,relaxing pace

Cons:

transportation to the parks is limited

Reviewed by NOLAMommy Review Date: 04/23/2019

Absolute best place for a family of 6

Pros:

Truly feels like a vacation within a vacation; space, comfort, affordability

Cons:

Need a golf cart to get use of refillable mugs/meal plans

Reviewed by TLynch Review Date: 09/26/2018

Was very impressed with this resort. Stayed for the first time prior to a Disney Cruise. My family loved it and the cabins were roomy.

Pros:

Very laid back. Not overdone with Disney. Feels like a very rustic cabin in the woods. Everything was clean and well taken care of.

Cons:

You really need to rent a golf cart to get around, which is a little pricey.

Reviewed by daffy29 Review Date: 09/26/2018

We loved the privacy of the cabins. You could sit outside on the deck. We liked having a kitchen to cook some of our meals and a full size fridge. The price is higher than a moderate but worth it.

Pros:

Kitchen, separate living room, deck, privacy

Cons:

Have to ride multiple busses to get to parks.

Reviewed by Hbgriffin76 Review Date: 09/25/2018

The cabins are awesome. You park your car, rent a golf cart and you are good to go. Take the boat, it's awesome.

Pros:

Wide open spaces

Cons:

Have to take the bus to most parks

Reviewed by SCOTTMOP Review Date: 08/26/2018

stayed 8/17-8/24.The resort is beautiful set in the woods. The cabins are nice and roomy however there is only one bathroom and the sofa bed a bit rough. If you get a cabin in the back you will have to get a golf cart as the walk to the bus stop will be very long. this ofcourse will cost you more. The pool at the Meadows was great. The slide a lot of fun and the snack bar had lots of good food. my only bad thing to say is the internal bus can be frustrating. You need to take the internal bus to another bus to get to the parks except magic kingdom which you have to do by boat. At the end of the day you take the bus back to the resort then the internal bus then walk back to your cabin. When your tired this can be a bit much. we opted to keep mousekeeping instead of opting out and getting a little money back. all in all a great place with horses, the hoop dee doo show and lots to do. I wish they would have kept the murphy bed and wish easier to get around but still liked it very much

Pros:

location,things to do and seclusion

Cons:

internal bus

Reviewed by AJ Potts Review Date: 12/22/2016

We stayed in the Ft Wilderness cabins from December 11th to 16th.

Our first night we stayed at the All Star Movies and just went to Disney Springs for dinner. We got up very early on our first full day and took our bags to the luggage area to be sent to Ft Wilderness, then we were off to Hollywood Studios for Extra Magic Hour. Around 1400 I received a text with our cabin number and a map of the resort. After a full day at Hollywood Studios and dinner and the Candlelight Processional at Epcot my husband took the bus to Ft Wilderness while my son and I enjoyed a couple more hours in Epcot. He went to the front desk where they told him our luggage was in the cabin but when he arrived in the cabin it was not there. One quick phone call and the luggage arrived. A few hours later my son and I took the monorail and then boat to the resort. It felt like quite an adventure but after a long day at the parks we LOVED the boat ride. (excuse us desert dwellers from Nevada as we are unusually intrigued by water) When we got to the end of the dock two security officers were sitting there in golf carts. I don't know if we looked confused but one of them asked us if we needed anything and we explained it was our first night at the resort and we weren't quite sure how to get to our cabin. He had us jump on his golf cart and quickly drove us right to our front door. Along the way he pointed out spots which might be of interest during our stay. He also made sure to welcome us home and waited until we were safely inside. He was one of many fantastic cast members we encountered at Ft Wilderness.

The cabin was even better than I had imagined. I had read they were newly renovated and this was evident throughout. My son slept on the sofa bed in the living room and felt like he had some privacy from his parents' snoring. (teenagers!) The bathroom had plenty of towels, a hair dryer, toiletries and bug spray if we felt we needed it. The room attendant must have figured out that I like to use towels because every day they put just one more out for us. It got to be a game and I would race in at the end of the day to see how they were arranged. The kitchen was perfectly appointed. One bit of advice...bring coffee filters if you don't plan to use their coffee. (standard basket filter) We made breakfast every day and saved a couple of our snacks for mid day breaks during the week. We brought an extra suitcase with coffee, creamer, hot chocolate and snacks for our day packs. We also brought smores supplies but did not end up using them.

I regret that we didn't use more of the recreation at the resort but we could see it everywhere. I think if we stayed at Ft Wilderness on a future visit we would do more and build in a day of just Ft Wilderness activities.

I had read plenty of complaints about the internal bus system so I requested a cabin near a bus stop. It was the closest cabin to the bus stop at the 2400 loop. We never waited more than 3 minutes for a bus and it never took us longer than 5 minutes to get to the Settlement docks. I don't know if that might be due to the time of year. We only used the external bus when we went to Animal Kingdom. We all loved the boat so much and the boat captains were always so friendly. One night on our way "home" from the Very Merry Christmas party it was our coldest night and the boat captain handed me a hand warmer. All week long little things like this happened on our boat.

I would certainly stay at Ft Wilderness again but imagine we will stay at another resort on Bay Lake next visit just for some variety.

Pros:

Cabins were roomy, quiet and clean.

Cons:

Not close to restaurants.

Reviewed by Warner Review Date: 05/18/2016

The cabins are my favorite resort at WDW. The cabin itself is very nice, with a pull-out sofa, a big bed and a bunk bed. Comfortably sleeps 6. The way the cabins are situated, you feel far away from everyone else. It is just so nice.

It is also very nice for kids as well. They can ride bikes around the loop and campground and have fun. It's like two vacations in one!

However, a golf cart is a MUST HAVE when at the cabins!!! The internal buses are slow and unreliable so somewhere that takes you 3 minutes on a golf cart now takes 15 on an internal bus. In the past we had rented a golf cart, which was fine but somewhat expensive, but in our most recent trips, we have brought our own which is FABULOUS! In conclusion it is a great resort which I would always recommend!

Pros:

Great room, Peaceful atmosphere, fun for kids

Cons:

Bring a golf cart!