Reviews of Walt Disney World Dolphin (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/06/2022

Loved it! The only thing missing is the Disney element but it was wonderful to walk to Epcot or Hollywood Studios or take the Ferry and we enjoyed spending time on the Boardwalk and loved the pool.

Pros:

Loved the location, the pool and food options. The pool was great and ordering drinks from our chairs poolside. The beds were great and very comfortable.

Cons:

Not as Disney

Reviewed by BookishPrincess Review Date: 12/31/2021

The rooms were nice, and I really loved the location! It was a short ride to Hollywood Studios, and quite scenic. Overall a great stay at a great price when compared to other Official Disney Resorts.

Pros:

- Proximity to HS and EPCOT - Comfy beds - Room service

Cons:

- Transportation to and from MK (not a huge fan of TTC versus going directly to the park) - Some of the food options were mediocre ( I’m looking at you The Fountain Salad )

Reviewed by OperaBill Review Date: 12/19/2021

I love these resort tours! Please continue to do them! They are really helping me determine where I want to stay for my next WDW trip!

Pros:

Great details, great tour guide

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/17/2021

I would give this resort a one star, however it is beautiful and I enjoyed the pool. With that being said you have to tell the front desk when you would like the room cleaned, and since our phone didn't work the entire ten days we were there it was very inconvenient to get housekeeping in the room, not that it mattered anyway, the rooms were not cleaned from the last guest who stayed there! We found a face mask, old butter, and when we did ask for service I made sure we had nothing on the floors or counters and they did not get cleaned! On other sites I have seen others have this same issue, I wish I had done more homework on this and gone somewhere else! We paid way too much to have these issues!

Pros:

Nice pool

Cons:

Very expensive, for not great service!

Reviewed by DonGlover Review Date: 12/17/2021

The location of the Dolphin is great. We booked very early and thus got a very good rate. The common areas of the hotel are nice well maintained. The layout of the hotel makes it a bit confusing as to where your wing is and where the elevators and after a long day at the park this can be a bit of a challenge.

We had a room on the 11th floor and a mildly obstructed view but still nice. The rooms need a refurb. There aren't enough plug-ins for the modern world and the ones that are there are not conveniently placed. Since I always travel with powerstrips and long USB cables this was not a huge issue.

There were minor maintenance issues such as a loose soap tray and a bad USB port. But overall very nice rooms.

They have an outpost Disney giftshop in the hotel, but is small and does not do shipping. I had to go over to the Boardwalk to ship my saber and droid home. The bus transportation is not provided by Disney. It is frequent, but not well marked at times and the drivers don't necessarily offer up where they are going. Also, they don't drop off at the Disney bus stops. Busses to the Magic Kingdom go to the Transportation center and Disney Spring busses drop off quite a distance from the entrance.

Overall the value was great, the location was great, and I would happily stay there again.

Pros:

Location. Cost vs other hotels in the area.

Cons:

Needs updating. Not fully part of the Disney transportation system.

Reviewed by Summertime3218 Review Date: 12/07/2021

The Dolphin was wonderful! We got here early in the morning after a long red-eye flight. Unfortunately, our room wasn’t ready yet, so we crashed on their couches in the lobby for a bit. They then informed us that they had made a room available for us! So we were able to catch a nice long snooze before our dinner reservations that night. During our entire week long stay, the service was top tier. They provided extra blankets and water bottles, and the front desk was always friendly. Location was wonderful, it was very easy to either get a bus or an Uber to Magic Kingdom, Disney Springs, and Animal Kingdom, and then the ferry boats made for a wonderful transportation experience to Epcot and Hollywood Studios! The Pool complex was on another level, I enjoyed it very much! Everything was clean and tidy, and the staff were absolutely wonderful. I’m already planning our next trip and definitely planning on staying here again!

Pros:

Comfortable, friendly staff, good transportation options, great pool complex

Cons:

Quick service options are meh.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/27/2021

Rooms have been updated. The Fountain restaurant is great for a quick meal. Love the proximity to Hollywood Studios & Epcot. Fraction of the cost compared to other area Epcot resorts.

Pros:

Price

Reviewed by ChefDionofLima Review Date: 11/20/2021

Great resort for the location only. But stay with caution. Many of the resort rooms need updated, and some rooms have funky layouts, owing to the architectural design. If you get assigned room 10119 request a different room. The view is completely obstructed by the top of the western wing's roof top stairwell, air handlers, and giant rooftop decroation. It has three different celing heights (tall people beware). Ì'm 5'7\" and could lay my paln flat on the ceiling in the shower, and the bathroom has no exhaust fan. Honestly this room would be better suited for housekeeping or maintenance purposes, and with the symmetrical design of the resort there are at least two of these rooms. Shopping is meh, at best. Food options are hit and miss, including Shula's (see my review for that location), and the full service breakfast location is closed on Monday and Tuesday, so plan for breakfast in the park. The pool bar was a pleasant surprise, they have an excellent full menu with table service, and a condensed menu for mobile order with poolside delivery. Transportation is not really a convenient perck. The buses don't drop you off where all the other resort buses do, the MK bus drops you off at the TTC, and the Disney Springs stop is clear on the west end by the staff parking, and with increased security, you have to walk around the front of the shopping center to the Orange Garage to go through security (a VERY LONG long walk, 3/4 mile to be exact). Use this tip if you plan on bussing, walk across to Boardwalk and ride their buses. The Water taxis are by far the best convenience in transportation for both Epcot and DHS. The shuttle service to the airport is very pricy as well as charging per person, and they do not use Magical Express , which is going away. So to get to and from the airport we used Lyft, a $30 trip. With all that being said, for the location the price is a very good deal, Disney Delux location for Moderate price tag, which saves it in the rating system for me. But this is by no means a Delux level service/experience.

Pros:

Location, location, location Friendship Boats Price is right

Cons:

Bus Transportation less of a convenience, Outdated rooms, Spoty Food Selection Poor customer service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/05/2021

We are titanium members and we were treated terrible. We
Purchased two rooms for six nights and faced the building. They gave us two breakfast vouchers for six people that were worth very little. We decided to go to breakfast and pay the extra ten dollars per person. We found out extra breakfast was increased to twelve dollars and we then ordered a omelet which was an add on of three dollars a piece.
We came home from the park numerous times and the rooms were not cleaned. We requested full cleaning and our daughter was partial. We understand hotels are short staff but the hotel manager was never available to talk !
We work hard for our money and have been very loyal to Starwood now marriott. We get all our points through personal travel.. we are so excited to bring our grandchildren to Disney . It is so disappointing when we are treated so good everywhere else and come here and treated terrible. I will say the Swan has treated us better.

Pros:

Nice location

Cons:

Do not treat Marriott members any different

Reviewed by TropicalDog67 Review Date: 07/27/2021

Every single time I come to Walt Disney World, I stay here. It is so comfortable, and very accessible to most of the parks/water parks to magic kingdom it is only a bus ride away to TTC where you can get on the boat/Monorail/Buses it is a walk to Epcot, (Which is one of my favorite parks) and has \"Peekaboo\" which is getting renovated but is a great and easy quick place to pick up dinner or some breakfast. They do have \"Fuel\" which is a modern Peekaboo, but is way to busy because it is on the main floor on the lobby. Once, I waited 30-40 mins in line for a smoothie and pizza. WHICH IS NOT WORTH IT. The food is anything you can get in a grocery store but is very convenient.

Pros:

Restaurants/Clean Rooms

Cons:

Long waits for food/apparel items