Reviews of Walt Disney World Dolphin (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/26/2021

Can't beat the location

Pros:

Again, location. Plus you can hop on the Disney Skyliner at the International Gateway. Comfortable beds. We were there in January and the place was very quiet. Friendship boats are wonderful transportation but you can easily walk to Epcot. (Didn't try to walk to Disney studios).

Cons:

Mears bus transportation does not take you to the front of the Magic Kingdom. You have to get off at the TTC. Also buses for Disney Springs are way off in another parking lot. Took forever to be picked up one evening. I would definitely ride the friendship boat to either the Yacht Club or the Boardwalk and use the Disney buses to go to MK, AK and DS.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/13/2020

nice hotel

Pros:

beautiful inside and out

Cons:

no dining plan

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/21/2019

We prefer the Swan over Dolphin...both have great restaurants, Swan has Character dining. Location cannot be beat!! Love being able to walk to HS or Epcot! The rooms are nice and clean but nothing extravagant...but who cares-location location, location!! (So, the outside is ugly?!??! LOCATION!)

Pros:

Location, dining, location, pri e is less than other Boardwalk resorts.

Cons:

Ugly exterior. No Magical Express from airport.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/20/2019

Dolphin

Pros:

This is a very well appointed hotel very clean love New design so very close to Epcot. Cheaper than Boardwalk or Yacht/beach yet same amnenities.

Cons:

It takes forever to get your room. Don't count on 3:00 check in meaning your room is ready at 3:00.

Reviewed by Elaine Review Date: 06/12/2019

I am a DVC member and we were out of points so we knew we had to book something using cash. We chose WDW Dolphin since my husband is a Sheraton club member. Overall the hotel was great but since it's not a Disney owned hotel, it was missing some of the Disney appeal. The location is great with walking distance to both Hollywood Studios and Epcot or can take the boat to either. The room was very large and we had 2 verandas since we had a corner room overlooking the fireworks. Never saw them from our room since we were always out late at night so this upgrade definitely wasn't worth it. To get to our room, felt like a mile of twisting and turning hallways. The exit stairs right near our room stated the alarm would go off if you used them. So our stay was nice, but I did miss the Disney appeal.

Pros:

Location, location, location!

Cons:

Didn't quite feel like a hotel located inside Disney since owned by Sheraon

Reviewed by Leanne Review Date: 04/24/2019

Great resort with lots of in room amenities. Fantastically comfortable mattresses and pillows. Best location area in WDW. You can walk to both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Great choice of restaurants with much variety.

Pros:

Location, good restaurants, fitness center and many pools. You can see the EPCOT fireworks from some of the rooms at at the lighthouse.

Cons:

Resort Fee is high and the room prices are high most of the year. Always seems like their are renovations going on.

Reviewed by hsmamato2 Review Date: 04/18/2019

LOVE this place. Best location, awesome grounds, fantastic pool and beach area.... I wish I was there right now!

Pros:

Location- restaurants- comfort- walk to 2 parks- boat service-pools-

Cons:

current cost, price is going up- I get it, but I don't like it.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/10/2019

tell everyone to stay away. ants in our room. smoking section without benches we had to find milk crates to sit on. waited over an hour for a boat from studios to resort. stay at the swan it is so much better,

Pros:

Cons:

too many to mention

Reviewed by Rachael C Review Date: 09/27/2018

We stayed at the Walt Disney world dolphin resort in May, and had a fantastic experience! The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the hotel staff were very accommodating. The best perk of staying at this hotel is its proximity to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Both are literally just a short walk away. We have always stayed at the Swan and Dolphin Resorts on SPG rewards points, however, we have heard from friends that they also have reasonable rates as compared to other Walt Disney World deluxe resorts. I highly recommend this hotel, and look forward to staying again!

Pros:

1. Proximity to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. 2. Clean and comfortable accommodations. 3. Friendly and helpful staff.

Cons:

The only con would be that I found the bus service somewhat slow.

Reviewed by auntiekeiki Review Date: 09/27/2018

My family of 5 recently stayed at the Dolphin for a week. This was our first experience at this hotel. Staff was very helpful and friendly. We were given an upgrade to our room, so we had a resort view. It was really nice to overlook the Boardwalk resort and see Illuminations from our room. The biggest difference that I noticed from staying at the Disney hotels is that this was a very quiet resort. Not once did we hear screaming kids or parents in the hallway outside our room. There were so many options as far as restaurants! I wish that this resort has Disney Magical Express service. Also, the bus wait times were considerably longer than in the past at other resorts.

Pros:

Close to MGM & EPCOT

Cons:

No Magical Express