Reviews of Walt Disney World Dolphin (Deluxe Resort)

A Starwood property operated by the Sheraton located within walking distance of Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_dol.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/21/2019

We prefer the Swan over Dolphin...both have great restaurants, Swan has Character dining. Location cannot be beat!! Love being able to walk to HS or Epcot! The rooms are nice and clean but nothing extravagant...but who cares-location location, location!! (So, the outside is ugly?!??! LOCATION!)

Pros:

Location, dining, location, pri e is less than other Boardwalk resorts.

Cons:

Ugly exterior. No Magical Express from airport.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/20/2019

Dolphin

Pros:

This is a very well appointed hotel very clean love New design so very close to Epcot. Cheaper than Boardwalk or Yacht/beach yet same amnenities.

Cons:

It takes forever to get your room. Don't count on 3:00 check in meaning your room is ready at 3:00.

Reviewed by Elaine Review Date: 06/12/2019

I am a DVC member and we were out of points so we knew we had to book something using cash. We chose WDW Dolphin since my husband is a Sheraton club member. Overall the hotel was great but since it's not a Disney owned hotel, it was missing some of the Disney appeal. The location is great with walking distance to both Hollywood Studios and Epcot or can take the boat to either. The room was very large and we had 2 verandas since we had a corner room overlooking the fireworks. Never saw them from our room since we were always out late at night so this upgrade definitely wasn't worth it. To get to our room, felt like a mile of twisting and turning hallways. The exit stairs right near our room stated the alarm would go off if you used them. So our stay was nice, but I did miss the Disney appeal.

Pros:

Location, location, location!

Cons:

Didn't quite feel like a hotel located inside Disney since owned by Sheraon

Reviewed by Leanne Review Date: 04/24/2019

Great resort with lots of in room amenities. Fantastically comfortable mattresses and pillows. Best location area in WDW. You can walk to both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Great choice of restaurants with much variety.

Pros:

Location, good restaurants, fitness center and many pools. You can see the EPCOT fireworks from some of the rooms at at the lighthouse.

Cons:

Resort Fee is high and the room prices are high most of the year. Always seems like their are renovations going on.

Reviewed by hsmamato2 Review Date: 04/18/2019

LOVE this place. Best location, awesome grounds, fantastic pool and beach area.... I wish I was there right now!

Pros:

Location- restaurants- comfort- walk to 2 parks- boat service-pools-

Cons:

current cost, price is going up- I get it, but I don't like it.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/10/2019

tell everyone to stay away. ants in our room. smoking section without benches we had to find milk crates to sit on. waited over an hour for a boat from studios to resort. stay at the swan it is so much better,

Pros:

Cons:

too many to mention

Reviewed by Rachael C Review Date: 09/27/2018

We stayed at the Walt Disney world dolphin resort in May, and had a fantastic experience! The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the hotel staff were very accommodating. The best perk of staying at this hotel is its proximity to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Both are literally just a short walk away. We have always stayed at the Swan and Dolphin Resorts on SPG rewards points, however, we have heard from friends that they also have reasonable rates as compared to other Walt Disney World deluxe resorts. I highly recommend this hotel, and look forward to staying again!

Pros:

1. Proximity to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. 2. Clean and comfortable accommodations. 3. Friendly and helpful staff.

Cons:

The only con would be that I found the bus service somewhat slow.

Reviewed by auntiekeiki Review Date: 09/27/2018

My family of 5 recently stayed at the Dolphin for a week. This was our first experience at this hotel. Staff was very helpful and friendly. We were given an upgrade to our room, so we had a resort view. It was really nice to overlook the Boardwalk resort and see Illuminations from our room. The biggest difference that I noticed from staying at the Disney hotels is that this was a very quiet resort. Not once did we hear screaming kids or parents in the hallway outside our room. There were so many options as far as restaurants! I wish that this resort has Disney Magical Express service. Also, the bus wait times were considerably longer than in the past at other resorts.

Pros:

Close to MGM & EPCOT

Cons:

No Magical Express

Reviewed by LI family Review Date: 09/26/2018

We have stayed at most onsite Disney hotels and we love the Dolphin. The staff is great. The location is great. We like the food choices including the Picabo restaurant. The hotel, pool, and facilities are beautiful. The rooms are 360 sq ft which is large enough to accommodate a rollaway bed for our family of 5. We have stayed there 4 times and have always found the cleanliness of the room and hotel to be as good as any Disney hotel. Costwise we feel we get more for our money than at a Disney hotel. The downsides are no Magical Express and no baggage check-in.

Pros:

Reasonable rates, beautiful facilities within walking (or launch) distance to Epcot and HS.

Cons:

No Magical Express, baggage check-in.

Reviewed by hsmamato2 Review Date: 09/26/2018

I LOVE this resort. So much so, that I hesitate to write this review...I want to keep it to myself! Over the years I've stayed at a variety of Disney resorts,from value up to Deluxes. They're all a lot of fun. The Dolphin(and sister Swan) are WONDERFUL. The location beats everything else by a mile! The boardwalk view is right out the window,as are potential views of Epcot and the Studios. Beautiful! A fantastic pool complex, so many excellent restaurant choices onsite,and great service make this my favorite resort to stay at,I'd choose the Dolphin over any of my previous onsite stays! Yes, it's not 'Disney' themed, but it's gorgeous! the lobby, the rooms, the views,I love it all. Walking to the Studios and Epcot is GREAT,or you can take a boat ride which is fun. I also enjoy just walking over to the Boardwalk area just to see the sights,and exercise. It's technically 'offsite' but it's as 'onsite' as it can be with the location. We usually Uber to and from the airport, so that's not a problem at all. Disney run buses to the parks work just fine here also.

Pros:

Right in the middle of the action!

Cons:

Lots of walking,if you don't like to walk.