Reviews of Saratoga Springs Resort (Disney Vacation Club)

Reviewed by MichelleAudreyandMatt Review Date: 04/19/2021

We loved staying at Disney’s Saratoga Springs! Our room with a kitchen was perfect so we could eat breakfast there before heading out to the parks. It has a great location near Disney Springs. Our family has food allergies and the chef at Artist’s Palette was very accommodating and kind. The pool was fun with a great water slide and it wasn’t too crowded. Bus transportation to the park was easy to use. Only downside was closures of dining locations and the arcade due to the pandemic. Highly recommend staying here!

Pros:

Very close to Disney springs, not that many people on the bus, great food and pool!

Cons:

Restaurants and arcade are closed due to Covid.

Reviewed by Ahabelitz Review Date: 03/30/2021

We stayed Spring Break 2021. Great place to get DVC perks without being a DVC member. Pool was busy but we still found a seat, food choices are better then value resorts. Staff was great although we felt rushed as we were packing up to leave on our last day. It was 10am and we got a knock on the door from housekeeping asking us how much longer we’d be. We were told check out is 11am.
Also found previous guests used mask behind the dresser. I thought I dropped some items back there and when I looked, I found the mask hanging on the chain. Gross!
Our bags never made it on the Magical Express bus. We arrived at the airport and were surprised that not one of our 4 bags were there! We even watched the driver start to load them so we made the mistake of assuming they would be loaded. We jumped on the bus and didn’t watch him load so I guess that is a lesson learned!
They eventually had another driver load them onto his bus and they arrived an hour later and we were escorted through check in by a cast member. Thank goodness we have TSA pre check! My husband called a supervisor with Disney and he was told that it was not Disney’s problem, it was a Mears problem. YIKES! Never thought Disney would pass the buck like that and it didn’t sit well with my husband. (He works in construction and deals with subcontractors and knows that they represent the owner/GC)

Pros:

Larger rooms, better food options, close to Disney Springs, less crowded buses.

Cons:

Multiple stops, felt rushed to get out, gross used mask left in room.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/30/2021

Have stayed here multiple times with a big party and never any complaints! the 2 bd villas are amazing. each section has a small public pool and there is also a big one for the whole resort. the staff are always so lovely

Pros:

amazing rooms kind staff great amenities

Cons:

big resort, can be a long walk

Reviewed by DisneyKacp29 Review Date: 02/13/2021

Stayed 3 nights end of Jan 2021... love the refurbished rooms! Pixie Dusted from a studio to a 2 BR villa! First time staying at our DVC home resort. Got in late Thursday night, grabbed food to take to our room and Bell Services drove us via golf cart right to our building in Congress Hall! Gave us a quick overview of how to get around along the way, really nice man!

Pros:

Refurbished rooms! Friendly and out going staff! 7 minute walk to Disney Springs! Quiet atmosphere.

Cons:

Large complex, long walk to main building

Reviewed by lcg Review Date: 05/13/2020

Me and the family have stayed at Saratoga Springs on 2 of out trips. We absolutely loved both of our stays. The resort is beautiful and we had an amazing stay. We definitely recommend! It was a quiet atmosphere with great themeing (without being too intense). Amazing feeling coming back to such a beautiful room after a long day at the parks.

Pros:

Easy access to Disney Springs Peaceful, quiet

Cons:

Far from parks

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/01/2020

Love staying at Saratoga. It is open and airy, lots of green space. Reminds me of upstate New York.

Pros:

Quiet Picturesque Close to Downtown Disney Multiple modes of transportation

Cons:

Can be too spread out for some

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/01/2020

Pros:

Quiet Picturesque Close to Downtown Disney Multiple modes of transportation

Cons:

Can be too spread out for some

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/25/2020

Stayed there in October 2019 and really had a great time.

Pros:

large 2 bedroom condo was perfect for 2 couples

Cons:

travel time to get places other than disney springs

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/28/2019

It seems the quality of DVC resorts has taken a downturn. After OKW, the size of DVC resort rooms has continued to decrease. The \"living room\" area is very small and It is difficult to imagine a family of six eating at the small table provided in the \"dining area\". My home resort is OKW which has, admittedly, the largest rooms of all DVC properties. Coincidentally, it is the first DVC resort. One an only assume, imaagineers realized smaller units translates into more units; hence the reduction in size.
Putting the size of the unit aside, housekeeping has also declined over the 24 years I have been a DVC member. In early ears, units were impeccably clean on check-in and all amenities worked. On my most recent trip, the faucet in the kitchen sink was leaking an had to be repaired by maintenance, very quick response, the shower head in the master bath was immobile and the sliding door to the balcony had to be repaired as well. On occupying the room, it was rather obvious housekeeping had done only a cursory clean of the unit, as dust was readily observed on the tops of furniture, small bits of trash were on the floors and bathrooms were in need of attention. Again, all things which would not have occurred in previous years.
Finally, bus service to Saratoga Springs has not improved since my first stay in 2007. Buses are still overloaded by the time they reach appropriate stops and some drivers are not exactly customer service oriented; they do not announce stops or even allow the programed announcer do so

Pros:

Convenient to Disney Springs, if a big part of your vacation plans Convenient to offsite grocery stores and pharmacies, if needed

Cons:

Distance from all park areas, long \"tours\" of resort to get to bus stops. I would strongly advise using either Uber or Lyft service, if possible, for returns to the resort. Use regular Lyft X service as opposed to Minnie Van; good service for less than half the cost. Overall, a very disappointing stay for a DVC member of almost 25 years. I will not stay at this resort again.

Reviewed by maddox4 Review Date: 04/24/2019

We absolutely love staying at this resort...due to a stroke my husband had many years ago we do pay the extra to be in a preferred building. This keeps his walking distance within reason to the quick service and the gym which we have both used and is also one of the reasons we like Saratoga. Never have had a problem with housekeeping and it is generally a very peaceful place. I am a walker and I can walk for hours if I choose and we love the proximity to Disney Springs. I cannot comment on the bus service because we rarely use it. Our only con on our most recent trip (March 2019)-- mattresses are needing replaced in the worst way.

Pros:

Proximity to Disney Springs

Cons:

Mattresses are needing replaced.