Reviews of Saratoga Springs Resort (Disney Vacation Club)

A Disney Vacation Club Property in the Disney Springs Resort area.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_ss.htm

Reviewed by lcg Review Date: 05/13/2020

Me and the family have stayed at Saratoga Springs on 2 of out trips. We absolutely loved both of our stays. The resort is beautiful and we had an amazing stay. We definitely recommend! It was a quiet atmosphere with great themeing (without being too intense). Amazing feeling coming back to such a beautiful room after a long day at the parks.

Pros:

Easy access to Disney Springs Peaceful, quiet

Cons:

Far from parks

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/01/2020

Love staying at Saratoga. It is open and airy, lots of green space. Reminds me of upstate New York.

Pros:

Quiet Picturesque Close to Downtown Disney Multiple modes of transportation

Cons:

Can be too spread out for some

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/01/2020

Pros:

Quiet Picturesque Close to Downtown Disney Multiple modes of transportation

Cons:

Can be too spread out for some

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/25/2020

Stayed there in October 2019 and really had a great time.

Pros:

large 2 bedroom condo was perfect for 2 couples

Cons:

travel time to get places other than disney springs

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/28/2019

It seems the quality of DVC resorts has taken a downturn. After OKW, the size of DVC resort rooms has continued to decrease. The \"living room\" area is very small and It is difficult to imagine a family of six eating at the small table provided in the \"dining area\". My home resort is OKW which has, admittedly, the largest rooms of all DVC properties. Coincidentally, it is the first DVC resort. One an only assume, imaagineers realized smaller units translates into more units; hence the reduction in size.
Putting the size of the unit aside, housekeeping has also declined over the 24 years I have been a DVC member. In early ears, units were impeccably clean on check-in and all amenities worked. On my most recent trip, the faucet in the kitchen sink was leaking an had to be repaired by maintenance, very quick response, the shower head in the master bath was immobile and the sliding door to the balcony had to be repaired as well. On occupying the room, it was rather obvious housekeeping had done only a cursory clean of the unit, as dust was readily observed on the tops of furniture, small bits of trash were on the floors and bathrooms were in need of attention. Again, all things which would not have occurred in previous years.
Finally, bus service to Saratoga Springs has not improved since my first stay in 2007. Buses are still overloaded by the time they reach appropriate stops and some drivers are not exactly customer service oriented; they do not announce stops or even allow the programed announcer do so

Pros:

Convenient to Disney Springs, if a big part of your vacation plans Convenient to offsite grocery stores and pharmacies, if needed

Cons:

Distance from all park areas, long \"tours\" of resort to get to bus stops. I would strongly advise using either Uber or Lyft service, if possible, for returns to the resort. Use regular Lyft X service as opposed to Minnie Van; good service for less than half the cost. Overall, a very disappointing stay for a DVC member of almost 25 years. I will not stay at this resort again.

Reviewed by maddox4 Review Date: 04/24/2019

We absolutely love staying at this resort...due to a stroke my husband had many years ago we do pay the extra to be in a preferred building. This keeps his walking distance within reason to the quick service and the gym which we have both used and is also one of the reasons we like Saratoga. Never have had a problem with housekeeping and it is generally a very peaceful place. I am a walker and I can walk for hours if I choose and we love the proximity to Disney Springs. I cannot comment on the bus service because we rarely use it. Our only con on our most recent trip (March 2019)-- mattresses are needing replaced in the worst way.

Pros:

Proximity to Disney Springs

Cons:

Mattresses are needing replaced.

Reviewed by BridgetFoster Review Date: 04/24/2019

Had a great time with my husband on our honeymoon. We stayed in the Paddock section close to the carousel bus stop. Our room was super convenient to the bus stop, it wasn't too full when we were leaving for the park because it is the 2nd stop, and we didn't have to ride around the whole resort on the way home. We took a boat ride to the springs for lunch. We also took a tour of the DVC showroom. We definitely are going to buy in the near future. The grounds were beautiful, quiet, and nicely shaded. The pools that we visited (Paddock and High Rock Spring) were very well themed and had some cool slides. We spent some time at the High Rock Spring pool on check out day before catching Magical Express to the airport. They had a locker room area in the spa that had showers with the large dispensers of H2O products so we showered after the pool before going to the airport. The room was nice, clean, and offered a quiet balcony after a long day to have a few adult beverages and take in the peace and quiet. The rooms don't have a ton of Disney essence so smaller kids may not be entertained by them. Bed was comfy and we slept well. Overall a fabulous stay and definitely on the list of potential DVC buys.

Pros:

Beautiful, awesome pools (real hidden gems in Disney resorts), Close to Disney Springs, peaceful, scenic

Cons:

Large resort that requires an internal bus loop, needs more Disney essence, was immediately pounced on (like we just got off Magical Express) by the DVC person in the lobby... some people might not appreciate that, however, we were happy he did in the end because we got insight into DVC and made us want to invest.

Reviewed by KarenM111254 Review Date: 04/24/2019

Beautiful, clean resort. Stayed at many Disney resorts. Saratoga is our favorite.

Pros:

Walkable to Disney Springs.

Cons:

Food court needs a new menu.

Reviewed by Stitch1623 Review Date: 04/18/2019

Resort itself is very pretty with views of the golf course. The treehouses are awesome. Always have had clean rooms but this resort we have always had bus issues where we wait much longer than the twenty minutes and the Buses are always full. We always try to not stay here when booking rooms. Turf club is also my least favorite restaurant. I have gotten food poisoning there and had issues with the wait staff and will never eat there again. Only place on Disney property I can say that about.

Pros:

Picturesque, close to Disney springs

Cons:

Long rides/busing to the parks, turf club

Reviewed by Amanda64 Review Date: 04/18/2019

My family has stayed at Saratoga Springs twice and enjoyed our stay each time. The resort theming is beautiful and well maintained. On our first visit we stayed in a building facing Disney Springs; we could hear music from the House of Blues every evening which added to the magic of the resort.

Pros:

Close to Disney Springs (within walking distance), beautiful theming especially the main pool areas, very helpful and friendly cast members, good selection of food and beverages available at the quick service location, parking available in front of building

Cons:

Very large resort which requires a lot of walking or driving to get around, location is quite far from the parks so having a car is a must