Reviews of Yacht Club Resort (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/03/2021

We just stayed at the Yacht club with our 2 children. Although we have been to Disney many times, this was our first time in the Boardwalk. We loved the location! Walkable to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. It’s so pretty on the Boardwalk at night! Room was nice, smaller than we are use to, but it was okay. My one complaint, and it’s a big one. The Market Place is terrible. Options are so incredibly limited. We walked over to the Swan to get dinner tonight. Disney needs to do better. Right now with COVID, many restaurants are closed so the Market place quick service at the hotels should have better options! Even the Beach club options are just okay. Very disappointed for a Deluxe resort.

Pros:

Location, pool.

Cons:

Food options, Market place is lame.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/02/2021

We just returned from the YC and were SO happy with our stay there! We celebrated 2 birthdays and were sent hand written letters. The manager of the gift shop managed to open the display window to retrieve 2 Yacht Club mugs that I wanted to purchase. The entire staff treated my family like royalty!!! We will choose this resort for our next trip!!!!

Pros:

Very friendly and polite staff. Sent a service person to our room at 10:00pm when we couldn’t get the AC to work!

Reviewed by jd101506 Review Date: 03/02/2021

We stayed at the YC for our Honeymoon in October of 2019. We stayed club level and we had an absolute blast! The YC itself was very clean, well kept, and the amenities on site were fantastic. The concierge did a wonderful job of getting us sorted out and into our room. The lounge itself was comfortable and clean, and the food options were great although timing the release of some of the better food was difficult. Most folks wanting a "Disney" resort may not find it "Disney" enough for their liking, but we loved it. The proximity to the parks was a huge seller for us. We also VERY much enjoyed being right on the boardwalk for a nighttime stroll, a run, or just for the scenery.

Quick note: You CANNOT take a bus from YC to Epcot or Hollywood Studios! We didn't realize this, and were directed to the Friend Ships which we obviously liked even more. You can technically walk to both locations, but the ships will likely get you there more quickly. This was ESPECIALLY helpful during Food and Wine, when we returned to the YC every day to head to Epcot for lunch. The pool was easily the best in Disney, lazy river, sand bottom, and multiple hot tubs for use. Beaches and Cream right nearby, the Yachtsman was the best dinner we had on site. Our server, Bill, had been there 15+ years and was able to tell us a WEALTH of information about the meals, wine pairings, etc. He and the Yachtsman were an absolute joy. Our Concierge was also incredibly helpful! Dining recommendations, behind the scenes tips, reminders about events, daily newsletters, and more. I really don't have anything negative to say about the Yacht Club aside from maybe the pricing? We had the best stay, great service, great on-site amenities, friendly staff, clean, and we will 100% be going back as soon as we can!

Pros:

-Proximity to Epcot/HWS -Club level options -Cleanliness -Adult theming -Great on site restaurant -Best pool on property -Right on the boardwalk

Cons:

-Price -Club level food scheduling -Read about transportation options ahead of time!

Reviewed by slidersport Review Date: 02/15/2021

We stayed here in June 2017, and we absolutely loved it. Our room was fantastic with a good view of the water. I liked the consistent theming, and this area is the BEST proximity for adults visiting WDW without children. We had Park Hopper tickets, and we would eat dinner in Epcot most nights utilizing the World Showcase entrance.

Pros:

so many transportation options (walk to Epcot and HS, boats, buses, now Skyliner), access to the Boardwalk, easy access to Swan and Dolphin dining, great dining in the resort, consistent theming

Cons:

if you're not into the nautical theme, this resort may not be for you

Reviewed by tpharrison Review Date: 01/03/2021

We stayed in December 2020. We found the room to be excellent. The same for the dining options. The staff was friendly and, when we requested additional coffee pods or towels, they were brought right away. We also loved being close to the Boardwalk, where you had additional dining options such as Trattoria al Forno. We would not hestitate to stay her again!

Pros:

Location! Within walking distance of both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Also close to a Skyliner terminal. Also, Stormalong Bay is the best pool on property!

Cons:

It did not have a microwave, which would have been very helpful.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/30/2020

We stayed in November 2020 and were impressed by the location. Being able to walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios was a great benefit. However, food service, housekeeping and the feel of the resort were not great. The resort just didn't feel welcoming like the neighboring Beach Club. We had to call for clean towels after a couple of days because no service was provided every other day as promised. Room was refurbished, but did not have a door between the vanity area and the room and some of the furniture was banged up.
The Ale and Compass Marketplace was too small to handle the number of guests wanting to get a quick bite to eat, but the cast members were trying hard.
Expected more from this resort.

Pros:

Location, location, location.

Cons:

Quick service area too small. Room and housekeeping were just ok.

Reviewed by NoWindowsNoDoors Review Date: 12/14/2020

Awesome resort! This is one of those resorts that could be both for a couples/adult getaway or a family vacation with the kids. My wife & I stayed in a room with the king bed & we were surprised at how big the room & the balcony was a nice plus. Stormalong Bay is amazing! The dining options were nice, with proximity to Beach Club, Boardwalk, & Swan/Dolphin. Which brings me to the biggest perk of this resort in my opinion...location!! We loved the fact that we could walk to Epcot & Hollywood Studios.

Pros:

Location, Pool, Dining

Cons:

Shares a bus route

Reviewed by Fitch1963 Review Date: 10/27/2020

This is my favorite resort on all of WDW!!! I have stayed numerous times. The staff has bent over backwards for my family on more than one occasion. We had a family emergency and the hotel cast member called the airline, booked a cab (on Disney) and got me home that night.

Pros:

Location! Location! Location!!! Best spot for any of the EPCOT Festivals!!!! We adore Food and Wine. It\\'s perfect!!!! You can walk HOME after a long day at EPCOT or HS and avoid the public transportation.

Cons:

None for me. 🙂

Reviewed by Fitch1963 Review Date: 10/27/2020

Pros:

Location! Location! Location!!! Best spot for any of the EPCOT Festivals!!!! We adore Food and Wine. It's perfect!!!! You can walk \"HOME\" after a long day at EPCOT or HS and avoid the public transportation.

Cons:

None for me. 🙂

Reviewed by Fitch1963 Review Date: 10/27/2020

Pros:

Location! Location! Location!!! Best spot for any of the EPCOT Festivals!!!! We adore Food and Wine. It's perfect!!!! You can walk "HOME" after a long day at EPCOT or HS and avoid the public transportation.

Cons:

None for me. 🙂