Reviews of Riviera Resort (Deluxe, DVC)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/21/2020

Just saw the "3 worst resorts" video and I was shocked this was on the list. I used to say Wilderness Lodge was hands down my favorite deluxe resort, and now I'm no longer sure. My family did a triple stay, 3 nights each at 3 different resorts, Poly, here, and then Bay Lake Tower. As soon as we stepped into the hotel we began trying (and failing) to switch our Bay Lake Tower stay to more days at Riviera. Everything is new and clean and beautiful. The theming is subtle, but it is there, and easily notable when you have 4 young kids who love finding hidden Mickeys. The food was great. We are all picky eaters and it can be very hard for us to find something we like on some deluxe properties, but everything at Topolino and Primo Piatto was delicious. My 4 year old has been asking for months when we are going back to Riviera. Not just Disney, but specifically Riviera.

Pros:

Brand new rooms TV can connect to your phone and your Disney+ account The Murphy Bed is 1000% better than the sofa beds at other resorts Food is great Skyliner Beautiful scenery

Cons:

Availability. Our biggest complaint is how hard it is to find a room there. The spray ground is on the smaller end. Granted, we stayed there right after Poly, who has hands down the best spray ground.

Reviewed by tommy1969 Review Date: 11/20/2020

I just stayed at the Riviera this past September. I was pretty surprised about the rating.
1. Yeah it’s a bit expensive that is true.
2. The place is really pretty inside, I love all the hidden Mickey’s around.
3. Both pool areas were really nice and clean.
4. The rooms were nice as well and the bathrooms were really cool I thought.
5. The staff there were so nice and very helpful.
6. Having the Gondolas right there outside was very convenient and better then taking the buses.
7. Topolino's Terrace had some amazing food and the French Rose cocktail was delicious.
8. I stayed on the 9th floor and had a really nice view. Great view of Epcot.
I would definitely recommend to anyone who wanted to go. I usually stay at an All Stars so this was a nice change from that.

Pros:

Gondolas

Cons:

Price I guess

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/19/2020

Riviera is absolutely stunning. Even though it has both preferred and standard rooms, I think both categories offer excellent views. I also love the mosaic art as you walk towards the skyliner.

Pros:

Stunning property. Beautiful rooms. Great food. Smaller property compared to other resorts.

Cons:

Expensive

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/19/2020

What's not like, Skyliners right there it's quiet, it's new just enough streaming you know you're still at a Disney Resort but you get that tiny little break when you're away from the parks. It is designed around the more mature guest. The cast members we're very nice. As for Topolino's a bit on the pricey side but wow what great food.

Pros:

Skyliner Resort, quiet

Cons:

Hallway can be a little long

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/17/2020

Riviera is my DVC home and had my first stay there in September. Cast members there are fantastic and friendly. Love the ambiance and relaxed formal atmosphere. Definitely geared to more mature guest. Had great food and pool area very nice. Rooms were nicely appointed and bathrooms are beautiful. Planning to stay there again.

Pros:

Convenient to Skyliner, quiet and comfortable rooms

Cons:

Long hallways to rooms, noisy lobby

Reviewed by Mchipman Review Date: 11/17/2020

So chill. I booked a tower studio during the 40% off sale. I was very excited about our tiny room. This was a trip for just me and my husband. I was checking for the room number after our plan landed and he had been upgraded to a deluxe studio! This resort is peaceful and purposefully simplistic. Because of the tower design it feels small, intimate, and relaxed. Our room was steps away from dining, the pool and the skyliner. After a full day at EPCOT we didn’t dread a hike to our room.

Pros:

The food!!! Easy to navigate The skyliner

Cons:

The price, book during sales

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/17/2020

Great views from rooftop, perfect location right on skyliner. Cast members were nice as always and food at topolino’s was excellent. Can’t complain will probably go back in the future.

Pros:

Great views, skyliner, new, big rooms, felt just like a French Riviera

Cons:

It is expensive but I think it is worth it I had such a great experience!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/16/2020

I have stayed at most of the resorts on property and absolutely loved the Riviera. The murphy bed is more comfortable than a fold out couch which sets it above the other studios at the villas. The food was excellent, decor in the room was elegant, access to skyliner was a definite bonus. I plan to stay there again next year. This resort is pricey but well worth it.

Pros:

The decor, food, and access to the skyliner.

Cons:

The price

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/16/2020

Amazing resort. The views are wonderful from Topolinos. We had a preferred room with a great view of the pool and lake. We were steps away from the skyliner. The skyliner is a definite game changer. The food choices were great. Quality of food was great too. The staff couldn’t have been more helpful and accommodating. Love this place. Someday we’ll buy DVC points at Riviera

Pros:

Food, views, staff

Cons:

Expensive but worth it

Reviewed by DisMomma88 Review Date: 11/16/2020

The Riviera is a BEAUTIFUL resort! That said, if you are looking for a full on Disney immersion experience, this might not be for you. We love this resort because it is different from most of the other Disney resorts. I've heard people complain about the size of the Studios, but the Standard View Deluxe Studio was fantastic in my opinion. The soaking tube PLUS a walk in shower was a nice feature to have. It makes getting ready much easier with 2 or more guests, as 2 people can be showering at the same time while another is using the mirror. So smart! I think the simplistic theming of this resort is great, but you also get a lot of luxury and elegance! After all it is not Disney themed but themed after Walt's love for the Mediterranean coastline between France and Italy. The food alone is worth staying for. Also the coffee and pastries are good. Then you have the views from Topolino's Terrace, they are amazing! I suggest getting to your reservation a little bit early, grab a drink or coffee from the bar and sit on the gorgeous outdoor patio overlooking Barefoot Bay and the Skyliner, and relax. The main pool was also fantastic. I loved that they had the option of couches for relaxing pool side, in addition to the lounge chairs. Oh and we really enjoyed the loungers on the beach area. We would sit and relax and let the kids play for what felt like hours in the sand! I know not everyone would be happy at this resort but I think it is a wonderful new addition to the Disney Deluxe Resort options and we can't wait to go again!

Pros:

Beautiful architecture, AMAZING FOOD, Character dining, great views (especially when the fireworks come back), Skyliner station at Resort, Not over the top Disney themed, kids loved the kiddie pool, plenty of comfy spots to relax outside.

Cons:

Pricey, Not over the top Disney themed, Small lobby, Not walking distance from any of the parks.