Reviews of Riviera Resort (Deluxe, DVC)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/26/2022

It is beautiful and fun to visit, but I really don't think it is worth the price. We had a lovely time, and will definitely visit the restaurants again tho. Its upscale and lovely just didn't feel like how I want my Disney vacation to feel. However, if more upscale things are what you want then please give it ago! I just like a little more homeiness in my Disney vacation.

Pros:

the food! And the art, and the skyliners!

Cons:

Pricey, kind of smaller rooms and very upscale (Not for everyone and that is okay!)

Reviewed by Hodsonfamilyof5 Review Date: 03/17/2022

While the resort is beautiful, it's more "upscale hotel" than Disney resort. The lobby just doesn't have that wow factor. I felt the walls were thin and I could hear every toilet around my room flush. However, the staff were extremely nice. The 1-bedroom villas also only have one toilet, do not try to pass saying it has two bathrooms simply because the tub is separated. There are better DVC accommodations on property.

Pros:

The staff were nice. The pool was relaxing. When it was working and there wasn't a long line, the Skyliner was convenient.

Cons:

The bus system to parks was absolutely horrible. Really over priced resort. Pretty, but pretty boring lobby. 1-villa only has 1 toilet.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/19/2022

This place seems like a weird miss for a deluxe resort. It doesn’t have anything to do with the French and Italian Riviera, it’s just fancy. The IP seems unaligned with the theming. For example, why not feature French and Italian Disney characters, rather than Peter Pan? Or focus more on the location than the “artistic styles” which doesn’t really read. It’s probably the least kid-friendly resort I’ve seen. I have no idea why they thought a character meal would be a good fit here. Oh yeah, my kids are super impressed by the GYM that’s the first part of the resort that greets you as you approach from the skyliner. It’s just stuffy and out of place. A shame because being close to Epcot, it could have been cool to feel like you were staying in Europe.

Pros:

Fancy Big gym Pretty

Cons:

Doesn’t seem European Not kid-friendly Confusing entrance from Skyliner Way overpriced

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/03/2021

Nice grounds. Decent location in relation to parks. Pricey, not well staffed, Skyline is primary for transportation.

Pros:

Nice pool

Cons:

Moldy room, incompetent staff, dirty dishes, human mucous on chairs,

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/10/2020

I don't want to be too harsh because I have not personally stayed here, just toured it. But it honestly didn't 'wow' me too much. The lobby was tight and crowded, with a very small gift shop. The pool was non-extraordinary (is that a word, hah) for a Disney resort. But, maybe I'll try it again and actually stay there.

Pros:

Walkable, on skyliner route, deluxe accommodations, good food

Cons:

Small, uninviting lobby, small gift shop

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/13/2020

Only a review of the tower studio room - the hotel is beautiful. Everyone is friendly. The hotel is very clean and new. But Tower Studio rooms are tiny! I knew I was renting a studio but never expected it to be so very small. Can’t even put suitcases out. Very disappointing to pay for a deluxe and have the living area half the size of an all-star room. On the other hand the bathroom is as large as the living area. Not worth the price by any means

Pros:

Huge bathroom, skyliner is right here and awesome, brand new, very nice staff, beautiful resort

Cons:

The studio tower rooms are TINY! Closet is in the bathroom, only sink is in the bathroom so can’t have both people always getting ready. Cost is not worth the TINY living space!

Reviewed by MrsLightyear Review Date: 05/11/2022

This resort is beautiful. The dining options are the best at any Disney resort on every level, quick service, coffee, and table service dining. We loved being able to take the skyliner to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. The courtyard with games is great for families and the artwork throughout makes you feel like you really are in the French riviera.

Pros:

Dining!!! Very nice villas for larger groups Skyliner Beautiful

Cons:

Very expensive May not be worth the cost for smaller parties

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/15/2022

Riviera is amazing!!! We stayed for the first time in Dec 2021. The deluxe studio room was perfect for our family of 4. We love the decor and every food option was delicious. It is relaxed luxury!

Pros:

Small so it is easy to navigate, it is luxury without being too formal, it has the skyliner and a single bus stop

Reviewed by cathdittr Review Date: 12/27/2021

Riveria is a lovely resort. I love the elegance of the lobby, as well as the Quick Service (which is great by the way, one of our favorite resort QS) The hints of Walt add to the European feel, making it a simplistic and relaxing resort to stay in. The only downside is if you purchase DVC points at Riveria, they can't be used elsewhere. Riveria would not be my first choice of contract but may be in the future.

Pros:

Great European Feel, Clean and Comfortable, Relaxing, Home Away from Home. Skyliner Access

Cons:

DVC Contract

Reviewed by FleurDeLys Review Date: 12/14/2021

This resort is tastefully decorated, well appointed, and has lovely details all around. The mosaics are gorgeous. We had a 1BR preferred view for two of us in October 2021. The room was large compared to other DVC villas. We used the Skyliner twice, and it was OK. We used the bus once, and it was better than average. Although we liked it a lot, I don't think it was worth the premium points cost compared to other DVC resorts.

Pros:

Large villas, private patios, tasteful decor.

Cons:

the resort is huge. it is confusing to navigate.