Reviews of Riviera Resort (Deluxe, DVC)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/13/2020

Only a review of the tower studio room - the hotel is beautiful. Everyone is friendly. The hotel is very clean and new. But Tower Studio rooms are tiny! I knew I was renting a studio but never expected it to be so very small. Can’t even put suitcases out. Very disappointing to pay for a deluxe and have the living area half the size of an all-star room. On the other hand the bathroom is as large as the living area. Not worth the price by any means

Pros:

Huge bathroom, skyliner is right here and awesome, brand new, very nice staff, beautiful resort

Cons:

The studio tower rooms are TINY! Closet is in the bathroom, only sink is in the bathroom so can’t have both people always getting ready. Cost is not worth the TINY living space!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/03/2021

Nice grounds. Decent location in relation to parks. Pricey, not well staffed, Skyline is primary for transportation.

Pros:

Nice pool

Cons:

Moldy room, incompetent staff, dirty dishes, human mucous on chairs,

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/19/2022

This place seems like a weird miss for a deluxe resort. It doesn’t have anything to do with the French and Italian Riviera, it’s just fancy. The IP seems unaligned with the theming. For example, why not feature French and Italian Disney characters, rather than Peter Pan? Or focus more on the location than the “artistic styles” which doesn’t really read. It’s probably the least kid-friendly resort I’ve seen. I have no idea why they thought a character meal would be a good fit here. Oh yeah, my kids are super impressed by the GYM that’s the first part of the resort that greets you as you approach from the skyliner. It’s just stuffy and out of place. A shame because being close to Epcot, it could have been cool to feel like you were staying in Europe.

Pros:

Fancy Big gym Pretty

Cons:

Doesn’t seem European Not kid-friendly Confusing entrance from Skyliner Way overpriced

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/10/2020

I don't want to be too harsh because I have not personally stayed here, just toured it. But it honestly didn't 'wow' me too much. The lobby was tight and crowded, with a very small gift shop. The pool was non-extraordinary (is that a word, hah) for a Disney resort. But, maybe I'll try it again and actually stay there.

Pros:

Walkable, on skyliner route, deluxe accommodations, good food

Cons:

Small, uninviting lobby, small gift shop

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/26/2022

It is beautiful and fun to visit, but I really don't think it is worth the price. We had a lovely time, and will definitely visit the restaurants again tho. Its upscale and lovely just didn't feel like how I want my Disney vacation to feel. However, if more upscale things are what you want then please give it ago! I just like a little more homeiness in my Disney vacation.

Pros:

the food! And the art, and the skyliners!

Cons:

Pricey, kind of smaller rooms and very upscale (Not for everyone and that is okay!)

Reviewed by Hodsonfamilyof5 Review Date: 03/17/2022

While the resort is beautiful, it's more "upscale hotel" than Disney resort. The lobby just doesn't have that wow factor. I felt the walls were thin and I could hear every toilet around my room flush. However, the staff were extremely nice. The 1-bedroom villas also only have one toilet, do not try to pass saying it has two bathrooms simply because the tub is separated. There are better DVC accommodations on property.

Pros:

The staff were nice. The pool was relaxing. When it was working and there wasn't a long line, the Skyliner was convenient.

Cons:

The bus system to parks was absolutely horrible. Really over priced resort. Pretty, but pretty boring lobby. 1-villa only has 1 toilet.

Reviewed by jesl Review Date: 03/13/2020

This is a very nice hotel, but there isn't much Disney magic. The quick service restaurant is very small with only one cashier so it takes forever to order. The pool isn't very exciting. The decor is plush and beautiful, but you don't feel like you are really in Disney World. The view from our balcony was fabulous. We could see the Epcot fireworks. The 2 bedroom suite was large and luxurious. The staff were wonderful.

Pros:

Staff was great. I am checking \"recommend yes\" because it is such a nice hotel, but it doesn't feel like you are in Disney World.

Cons:

If you would rather take a bus instead of the Skyliner, the wait is an hour between buses.

Reviewed by PattyMayonaise821 Review Date: 11/11/2021

My husband and I stayed in a 1 BR preferred view suite for 4 days and 3 nights and we loved the balcony in our room with a water view. The dining at this resort is potentially the best in all of Walt Disney World. The quick service dining Primo Piatto was excellent, and Topolino's Terrace full service dining is a bucket list tier restaurant, serving flavorful Italian style dishes with amazing views.

The pool at this resort is small, and considering the price and location, I wish there was more space for lounging and relaxation. Considering this resort is a DVC resort and meant for lounging rather than rope dropping, I just wish there was more to do like there is at the other Epcot Resorts.

Another drawback for this resort is that getting to the parks, specifically Hollywood Studios via the Skyliner, can be a bit overwhelming if you time it wrong. The lines at the Caribbean Skyliner hub tend to be very long at peak hours, especially in the morning.

This is obviously a deluxe level resort, but sometimes certain amenities don't make you feel like you're inside the magic of Disney the way other deluxe resorts do. That said I do recommend it, even if only as a one and done for us.

Pros:

Top tier dining, the mural, and gorgeous views.

Cons:

The pool, the price, and the skyliner.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/31/2021

The one bedroom villa we had was plenty big for the 4 of us and gave the kids places to do home work. The view we had of the pool and lake was great but the amenities at the hotelier somewhat lacking. This may be from the pandemic limiting things but it still seemed to have less than other places we have stayed. The big plus is the skyliner. It is right there and covers you for at least 2 parks and 3 once the monorail is running fully again.

Pros:

skyliner and convenience

Cons:

restraints and food are only ok Topolino's was ok for the price

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/02/2020

Amazing hotel but the hall way and room is basically a Hampton inn out side and lobby is like a actual riviera resort

Pros:

Pretty much everything including skyliner

Cons:

Room and hall