Reviews of Mears Connect

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/19/2023

Airport to resort

Pros:

Small van with 11 people. Rediculous... Took an hour and a half to get to the resort after going to 4 other resorts.. rediculous.. will take Sunshine Flyer or Uber next time!!!

Reviewed by OhioVisitor Review Date: 01/10/2023

Although we went to the wrong spot initially, once we got to the other side of the concourse, everything worked as planned. More than that, I accidentally left my wallet on the bus. I was freaking out because how would I vacation without my wallet. I called and Nicola contacted the driver, who looked for it, found it, brought it back to their hub and then, even better, they sent the wallet to my Disney hotel with the next driver. Yes, everything was there. It restored my trust in people!

Pros:

Everything about the ride worked as planned.

Cons:

Figure out which side of the concourse you should go before your trip and it will work out!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/07/2023

For my first mears connect we arrived at 12:40a at Orlando international airport. We were directed to the wrong terminal multiple times by airport staff and arrived at mears connect at 1:40a due to this. We then didn’t get onto a mears connect until 2:53a. We did not arrive at our resort until 4:00a.

Then for the second mears connect experience we arrived at what we thought was the pick up spot for it at our resort 15 minutes early. We were told by our first mears connect driver we would be picked up right here. The mears connect was at another location then the first mears connect left. I called mears connect to get another and they told me it would be a marked shuttle saying mears connect and that they would be there at 6:55a. I stayed in the location told originally by the mears connect staff to be, no mears connect again and no notification that the second mears connect had arrived. I then endured multiple messages, phone calls and emails to mears connect and they refused to pick us up. We had to pay a 75 dollar Uber instead, and mears did not refund.

Pros:

Can’t say there is one.

Cons:

Non customer service friendly

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/17/2022

excellent service

Pros:

Promptly picked us up at airport, just a few stops on way to other Disney hotels. No different from Magical express. Bus driver was very nice, didn't get name. Mears van was on time with return to airport. Juan was very nice.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/13/2022

Pickup time was at 4:10pm on a Saturday night and flight was at 7:16pm. Plane door closed at 7pm. He was 10 minutes late to pick us up. We were the first pickup. There were 3 more pickups after us. We arrived at MCO at 6pm. And had to check in a bag so that added time. Earlier that week we received an email from the flight provider to expect long lines and delays. It took 45 minutes to get through security. We literally had to run to the gate and were the last passengers to get on before they closed the door. We always enjoyed Magical Express. But Mears is no longer the same. We will never use them again.

Pros:

Cons:

Late to airport Packed out bus

Reviewed by Retiredtraveler70 Review Date: 12/10/2022

Planned a trip to Disney World for Christmas the week of Dec 4-9, 2022. Read reviews and was not sure I should keep our reservation for the round trip service. Decided to use the trip from Airport to Pop Century to see what would happen. It only took 1 hour from the time we boarded the bus to when we were dropped off at our hotel. The driver was very helpful with any questions we had. We decided to use the service on our return to the airport. The bus was 10 minutes late seeing we were to be picked up at 12:05 pm and the traffic was heavy. The driver was so entertaining and provided us information about how to get around the airport from the drop off spot to the check in desk. He gave us local information as we drove by the sites. That made the trip short because of the interaction with the passengers. I would use them on my next trip to Disney World.

Pros:

Knowledgable drivers; comfortable seating; very affordable compared to other options; received texts on the status of our pick up bus

Cons:

Link to the map showing the status of our bus did not work

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 12/07/2022

I was a Mears customer before Magical Express so I did not hesitate to use them for my March visit and again for my October visit. Both times I was extremely pleased with the service. Some of the reviews for Mears haven't been very kind but I decided to give them a try and they have been great both trips I've used them. Drivers were friendly and pleasant. I do miss the luggage service Magical Express provided (and at my age I can use the help) but Mears service has been good.

Pros:

quick airport departures, reasonable delivery time to hotel, on time pick ups.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/27/2022

driving on the road and a bus driver beeped at us for a long time as soon as the light turned green. very rude considering he drove very slow afterwards then proceeded to speed as soon as we turned.

Pros:

Cons:

so many

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/16/2022

Avoid this company if you want a stress free ride back to the airport. While the trip from MCO to WDW was okay, the trip back was anything but. We arrived at the pickup spot at 3PM for our 325PM pickup. At 330PM a bus showed up but said that they were only dropping off, yet that bus was still sitting there 40 minutes later when a second bus showed up, also dropping off, not picking up. When I told second driver that Mears was 40 minutes late, he said there was nothing he could do. My daughter had been trying to contact Mears by phone, but they would put her on hold, and then hang up. The driver of the bus that had arrived at 330PM to drop off but was sitting there for 40 minutes eventually got through to their dispatcher, saying another bus would be along shortly. When it did show, we had to stop at 4 more pickup locations before heading to the airport.

Pros:

Ride from MCO to WDW on time

Cons:

Ride from WDW to MCO was nearly an hour late

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/19/2022

Customer service is horrible , i waited up to an hour to get on a bus to go to my resort & when I spoke to someone asking wait time she told a bus will be hear shortly , very bad communication on her end

Pros:

Cons:

Wait time snd unprofessional

Other topics in Walt Disney World Transportation