Reviews of Sunshine Flyer

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/26/2023

I'm glad I didn't read the reviews before I booked or used the Sunshine Flyer, because I probably wouln't have. My experience was completely different than a lot of the reviews here. They have just opened their instead counter and waiting area. I would say they are not as organized as the magical express, but I've seen worse. We lucked out and only waiting about 15 minutes for our bus, and it only had three stops. On the way back we were the second to last stop. They were about 15 minutes late, but we got to the airport 2.5 hours before our flight. They played old cartoons on the bus. It was clean and comfortable. Both of our drivers were friendly and helpful.

Pros:

Affordable. Good communication, via email before trip.

Cons:

Not the Magical Express.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/21/2023

Do not use this service if you have a wheelchair, electric scooter, or have any walking issues of any kind. The staff was irritated that we had an electric scooter, and at one point even yelled at us for not letting the check in people know, when they saw us coming with an electric scooter. The staff was not friendly at all.

Pros:

Cheaper than most options

Cons:

Everything else

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/19/2023

We recently came down to Disney for a winter get-a-way. Since Disney doesn’t offer shuttle service from the airport, we decided to try The Sunshine Flyer. Great service to the resort. Everyone was cordial and professional. A few hours later, we get a call—it was Richard from The Sunshine Flyer. We dropped our travel wallet in the bus—with our passports, money, etc. Richard coordinated with us and they delivered it to us at the resort completely intact. Nothing missing. He went above and beyond to make sure we would have no travels glitches. Thank you again Richard and the driver/messenger Earl for saving our vacation

Pros:

They went out of their way to save our vacation

Cons:

None!!!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/13/2023

Loooong wait to board

Pros:

Website is easy to book. Makes it look like a reliable business!!!

Cons:

Just sitting here still waiting for a bus. We’re at an hour now. When one does show up, you have no idea which hotels she’ll call to board it. I could have/should have grabbed an Uber and would have been to my room by now!!! Not happy and will NOT book Sunshine Flyer again!!!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/13/2023

Disappointed, but they got us there and back. They weren't awful, and I would use them again, but first, I would probably try Mears connect and see how they were. Mostly, I miss Magic Express 🙁

Pros:

We got to and from the airport.

Cons:

Not as described as far as vehicle description, entertainment/theming/fun factor, and one trip was super crowded and stopped at like 4 or 5 hotels. It was also kinda confusing at the airport when we boarded, and the staff was not very polished (though that might change as the company matures.)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/02/2023

I called in a timely manner to modify the pick up time since my flight has been delayed 3 hours and they refused although it was within their working hours.
My request was for them to pick me up instead of 5:30… 7:30… and they refused… they would not give me a refund either…. Therefore I’ll have to arrange another way… can’t spend 6 to 7 hours in the airport with a 5and a 7 years old if I can help it

Pros:

Not expensive

Cons:

Inflexible- bad servir

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2022

Booked the Sunshine Flyer on December 10th from Saratoga Springs. Shuttle was 45 minutes late. There were also training a new driver. With the TSA line we barely made our plane. I would not recommend.

Pros:

Cons:

Took almost 2 hours from baggage claim to the hotel. Bus was 45 minutes late picking up with a time they provided.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/22/2022

Won't use again. Waited 45 minutes for our bus, was spoken to rudely by the staff while waiting, and were forced to wait next to a dirty fenced off area at the airport, and yelled at if we moved. On the way back, the driver was blasting odd music that kept cutting in and out.

Pros:

Cons:

Rude, not on time, unprofessional.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/04/2022

This is the worst shuttle service. You are outside and there is no rhyme or reason as to how they board the buses. People just standing all over the sidewalk in the heat.

Pros:

Cons:

The way they load the buses is chaos. Will never use this service again.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/28/2022

Took awhile to even find the location. Once we did is was a dark area outside. They didn’t need our email or anything, just asked our name and hotel.. We waited over a half hour in the heat outside. When they called our hotel, they directed us to a white but, not a bus looking like a train! The A/C was poor. I would much rather ride with MEARS, and that is what we will do from now on.

Pros:

Can’t say anything goid

Cons:

White bus Not a train looking car

Other topics in Walt Disney World Transportation