Reviews of Disney Transportation Boat, Monorail, Bus, & Skyliner

Review Disney World's overall transportation offerings, or click individual forms of transportation to review them specifically!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/10/2020

DVC Member husband loved it. Wife not so much (aversion to heights). Very smooth. A bit of a thrill when it goes down into the terminal. No wait to get on. Did it after dark in December, 2019. Moved from Studios to EPCOT. Did it just for the thrill of the ride. Will do it again, but probably without the wife.

Pros:

a new ride

Cons:

limited route.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/12/2020

Disney has been using a bus system for quite some time now yet I don’t know if it’s truly an efficient system. We’ve just returned from our honeymoon and we tried to pack as much into our vacation as possible but we missed out on quite a bit due to waiting for buses. We were late to a few reservations due to buses taking too long between stops. Sometimes it would take over an hour to get into the park with wait time and drive time combined. I understand 10-15 minutes to circle back but when you have to wait half an hour or more for a bus, you’re not even sure will come, it’s ridiculous. I can’t tell you how many times we had to use the Minnie Van service, which is excellent, to salvage an evening but it’s an unnecessary expense that we shouldn’t have to use with access to the buses. At one point a bus ignored us and drove away with us standing next to their door; the bus wasn’t even full he just decided he wanted to leave after watching us run after him. A separate time we planned to use a Minnie Van to go to Disney Springs because the buses there seemed unpredictable but a bus happened to show up for Disney Springs so we cancelled the ride when we got up to the bus we were informed after waiting for several minutes that the bus was for Blizzard Beach and not Disney Springs despite the sign saying Disney Springs; apparently it was broken and couldn’t be altered at the moment. We called another Minnie Van and another bus did show up for Disney Springs but we didn’t even bother running after it because there was no use canceling another ride that would guarantee we’d get there. Ultimately, we will return as we always do and I appreciate the new avenues of transportation that are becoming available for the parks but I wish Disney World would consider that you can easily walk 10 miles a day or more at a park so to have consistent transportation is a must especially when your feet can barely hold you up anymore after a long day.

Pros:

Air Conditioning, easy to get from hotel to parks compared to driving instead

Cons:

Long lines, inconsistent wait times, broken destination signs

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/09/2020

Disney bus transportation

Pros:

Cons:

Horrible , wait times horrible , looking at Empty bus next to us and bus can’t take us . Do not accommodate for busy cheer weekend . Horrible

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/30/2019

Rode the Skyliner for the first time the evening of Friday, October 26th, in the pouring rain (we closed the Windows so we wouldn't get wet). The ride was really smooth. We were four couples in the first gondola going to CB. We laughed and had a good time. We transferred to the next gondola at CB going to Pop and had just as great a trip. I have nothing bad to say about the Skyliner. I'd ride it all day if I could.

Pros:

Quick and quiet. You always get a seat, no standing. A comfortable ride compared to the buses. Fun. Great views.

Cons:

Can get warm during the heat of the day (but you all expected that).

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/29/2019

When I see rain coming in I like to ride the monorail until the rain stops. It is like riding an attraction and the views are great

Pros:

like an attraction gets you out of the rain for a while

Cons:

cars can get crowded

Reviewed by JGundling Review Date: 10/29/2019

I love riding and using the monorail system to get around Disney World. It's like you are on another ride in the parks. It's a lot of fun. I enjoyed using the monorail system to hop onto a different monorail to get from Magic Kingdom park to Epcot. The center is very convenient and there are always Disney staff members to assist you if you should get lost. I enjoyed hopping on and off and visiting the other Disney resorts near Magic Kingdom.

Pros:

You can ride the monorail to visit Disney resorts near Magic Kingdom (i.e., The Grand Floridian Resort).

Cons:

There can be a long line/wait for the monorail from Magic Kingdom as it does seem to be the most popular park.

Reviewed by Cheryl Review Date: 10/29/2019

I LOVE the boats! I love the sounds and the gentle movement of the boat as it glides across the water. I love that I get to relax a bit and enjoy a few quiet moments.

Pros:

The smaller boats that travel between resorts and have short jaunts to the parks are great! They aren't as crowded and when we are able to sit in the bow of the boat and feel the wind and sun, the experience is even more wonderful!

Cons:

Not all boats are created equal. While the smaller vessels are great, the larger ones don't seem to offer the same appeal. They are usually more crowded and seating is more difficult to find. There are similarities in the experiences, but the larger boats, such as the ferry and the Friendship boats, do not offer the same enjoyment.

Reviewed by Spacecadet Review Date: 10/29/2019

Disney World bus transportation is excellent considering the crowds. Sometimes the wait can seem long but you meet so many new people while waiting that the time seems to go by quickly. Kudos to the bus drivers. We all know how excited and full of energy everyone is in the morning but these drivers keep everyone happy at day's end with their stories and jokes. When you can get a tired crowd to smile and laugh you have certainly done your job well. Thanks to all those drivers who work at keeping us happy!

Pros:

Great drivers and quick rides.

Cons:

Long lines to get on the bus during peak times.

Reviewed by MickeyPlace16 Review Date: 10/29/2019

We love to take the boat ride that connects the Boardwalk with Epcot and the Studios. It is a great way to relax and take in the sights. At night it is magical to see all the lights.

Pros:

relaxing

Cons:

sometimes it can get a little hot

Reviewed by grammie523 Review Date: 10/29/2019

My family of 4 used Disney Buses every day of our 7 day trip early October. The times guide on the MDE app were spot on with accuracy, from our resort to the parks. We could stay in our room until about 7 minutes before the posted arrival time, go out to the bus & get right on. Very convenient! The longest we had to wait for a bus at a theme park, to return to our resort, was 15 minutes & that was only because there was a wreck & it took the bus a little longer to reach Magic Kingdom. We got to ride on 1 of the new Mickey buses & they are awesome! Love these new buses & hopefully we will get to ride more of the new ones on our trip next year. A lot of people don't like to ride the buses, but for us, they are fabulous!

Pros:

No parking fees & no driving after a long day in the parks!

Cons:

My only complaint is when you have to share a bus with other resorts, but this trip, that only happened once.

Other topics in Walt Disney World Transportation